• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Dacon Comic Book poll

Which moment should Dacon Illustrate?

• The Escape from ShinRa building and the chase down the highway?

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • The Wall Market sequence

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • The assault on the Junon reactor

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • The escape from Junon

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • The Wutai/ Materia Sidequest

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • The Temple of the Ancients and the Forgotten City

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Cloud giving Sephiroth the Black Materia and the release of WEAPONs

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • The Siege on ShinRa and Diamon Weapon's attack

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • The final run down the Northern Crater and retrospective

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
This is the poll for the moments Dacon should depict in his comic book. You can vote for multiple instances, most popular will be chosen. In case of a tie, we will either split the comic or have a runoff.

And remember to donate your share to Dacon at [email protected]

For the record, the detailed descriptions of the suggested events are-

I want to see Cloud dressing up like a girl for sure/ The wall Market sequence, including the Honey Bee Inn scene

The demise of Shinra.

The raid on Junon's Underwater Reactor. The first time the team just ran in, gun's blazing, their reputation preceding them.

The Junon escape sequence, up to and including an awesomed up Tifa/ Scarlet fight

Wutai/Materia stealing/Don Corneo side mission, because it's got everybody.

Temple of the Ancients might be cool. That or the confrontation with the crystalized naked Sephiroth, where Cloud freaks and gives him the black materia.

The siege on shinra after Diamond WEAPON wrecks Rufus' shit.

The initial escape from the Shinra buildings followed by chase scene.

The final crater descent up to right before the final battles and retrospectives by characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Sorry, I was trying to get the ones with more overall party members and longer sequences. The reactor drop is pretty quick, when you think about it. Though If Dac has pages left, it could be added to the end of Wall Market.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
What about that sequence in the Ghost Hotel, just before the party head out to the Temple of the Ancients? It's one of the only times in the the game where the entire party is together. It's not very visually dynamic though since most of it is exposition. But just an idea : >

Sorry, I was trying to get the ones with more overall party members and longer sequences. The reactor drop is pretty quick, when you think about it. Though If Dac has pages left, it could be added to the end of Wall Market.
It's no problem. :) I think I'm going to be excited no matter which part gets chosen. And hopefully I'll start getting some cash flow soon to actually contribute.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Gotta give favor to escape from Shinra, Black Materia and attack on Shinra as a Rufus and Cloud fan but I'm surprised that Sector 7 plate drop didn't make it in.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I chose Temple of the Ancients//The Forgotten City... mostly because I love those parts of the game. xD

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Fucking epic picture on the front page. God, that's an awesome rendition of Cloud. Just...wow.

GodRoy

Pro Adventurer
What about that sequence in the Ghost Hotel, just before the party head out to the Temple of the Ancients? It's one of the only times in the the game where the entire party is together. It's not very visually dynamic though since most of it is exposition. But just an idea : >

I second this because I liked that scene as well for some reason. And the idea is original, and I don't think that scene has ever had much fan action.

Fucking epic picture on the front page. God, that's an awesome rendition of Cloud. Just...wow.

And I also agree with this. The drawing puts most other fan artists to shame, and from what I read it didn't take a week to create.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I'm going for the escape from the shinra building/motorcycle chase scene. I'd also like to see the temple of the ancients sequence.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
This is one of my favorite parts of the game, and one I suggested originally. But nobody else seemed to care xD

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Either the escape from Shinra or the final assault on Midgar. The other scenes sound nice, but not enough action.

i wanna see niggas get fukkin cut up

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
This is one of my favorite parts of the game, and one I suggested originally. But nobody else seemed to care xD

My apologies, but as you mentioned, it's all exposition, little action, and you did not seem that enthused about it.

I can see I'm losing the poll here, but I just don't get how the escape from the Shinra building will make an interesting comic. Nobody says anything, and it'll be frame after frame of Cloud hitting identical motorbikes with his buster sword.

Or are we including the escape from the cells, the trail of blood, the stabbed body of the President, the battle against the mecha in the lifts, and the rooftop encounter with Rufus in this?

So anyway, I originally voted for the Wutai sidequest but that's a non-starter, so if I had to vote for one of the front runners I'd pick the siege on Shinra, especially if it includes the final encounter with the Turks in the railway tunnel.

Edit: Balthea, let's get together a second private commission from Dacon for something with lots of Tseng (and the other Turks?). Though I think I'd like to see what he makes of Tseng first before I commit my money!

Last edited:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I can see I'm losing the poll here, but I just don't get how the escape from the Shinra building will make an interesting comic. Nobody says anything, and it'll be frame after frame of Cloud hitting identical motorbikes with his buster sword.

Or are we including the escape from the cells, the trail of blood, the stabbed body of the President, the battle against the mecha in the lifts, and the rooftop encounter with Rufus in this?

i wanna see niggas get fukkin cut up

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

Why do you think I would spend time making something so uninteresting?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Tbh, I'm not goi.g to be happy with anything that doesn't have Cid in it.

'Course, no one else gives a shit about the space launch. Too bad.

Btw, what happened to Fort Condor as an option?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I didn't mean that. It's just that I don't know what's included in 'escape from the Shinra building'.

It's described as 'the initial escape and the chase scene afterwards', so I had thought it would speak of events from the cells and the blood to the escape to the highway and the edge of Midgar, with more focus on the front end.

Tbh, I'm not goi.g to be happy with anything that doesn't have Cid in it.

'Course, no one else gives a shit about the space launch. Too bad.

No one suggested it that I saw.
I too, want awesome crap with Cid in.

Btw, what happened to Fort Condor as an option?

If someone positively suggested it, I missed it. I saw several people speak against it.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Btw, I'm toying with the idea of giving Tifa black shorts as opposed to a leather skirt just because it's easier to depict in action scenes, and makes more sense for a martial artist.

Also, cba with panty shots. I'm not 13.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I guess I'm a little disappointed that the rector drop isn't in there as well. I thought it'd be nice to see all of Avalanche's old gang in there, even if it is short. I mean you could have Cloud climbing to the top, the fight with the turks and then the reactor drop maybe? That's kind of what I thought would happen.

But I'll jump on the Temple of the Ancients bandwagon anyway :P

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
When i imagine the the escape I'd at least thought it would include the dual with Rufus, the three other boss battles and President Shinra with Masamune stuck in his back.

Top Bottom