More milking FFVII merchandise

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
They should learn from George Lucas and put out a figure for every single single enemy and friendly/neutral NPC, no matter how minor. Someday when I am rich (:monster:) I would love to be able to recreate the entire Junon scene with all the Shinra troops with their various rocket launchers and firearms facing off against Saphire WEAPON. Is that too much to ask?

But if this is the type of merchandise they want to make, at least get something awesome. Like a coffee thermos shaped and detailed like the Shinra 26. I'd buy the hell out of that, especially if it has an angled bottom so it stands with a lean :awesome:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
But if this is the type of merchandise they want to make, at least get something awesome. Like a coffee thermos shaped and detailed like the Shinra 26. I'd buy the hell out of that, especially if it has an angled bottom so it stands with a lean
And then you can look like you're being orally raped by 4 dicks while you're drinking :awesome:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
This is the merchandise foreshadowing the coming of Square's new tv show:

"The Shinra Company Office", the next evolution in sitcom entertainment.

swiub.jpg

7qtR3.jpg

B7y25.jpg

OxkGo.jpg

f1cTM.jpg

GBODc.jpg

(Never imagined I'd have a reason to post these, from a very talented artist and cosplayer in Japan.....seriously he looks 99.9%/100% like Vincent)

This is the merchandise foreshadowing the coming of Square's new tv show:

"The Shinra Company Office", the next evolution in sitcom entertainment.

I live in hope.

Proof that the cup is canon, and that we all simply failed to notice it in the OG:

cupinoardroom.jpg

Rufus can even equip it as an optional weapon:

cup.jpg

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Does the weapon work along the lines of Cait Siths megaphones?

What I really want to know though...is it glass or plastic? I hate those plastic cup things, they always get scratched up and harbour germs. Also is it dishwasher safe?!

I like the idea of loads of NPC FFVII figures, I want a figure of the red headed girl with the black jacket in the slums, or the punky spitting guy near the Honey Bee Inn 'Shore is a fine looking heifer you got there' Or that guy who works for Don Corneo who is like ASDA's own brand Reno.

Shinra headed notepaper would be nice, and really fucking cheap to produce.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Shinra office supplies ftw!

I like the idea of loads of NPC FFVII figures
but then they'd have to start seling buildings and monsters and such and then we'll end up with people putting up Nibelheim villages instead of Christmas ones.

Does the weapon work along the lines of Cait Siths megaphones?

He uses it to throw champagne in his enemies's faces. Damage depends on the vintage.

What I really want to know though...is it glass or plastic? I hate those plastic cup things, they always get scratched up and harbour germs. Also is it dishwasher safe?!

He has an entire warehouse full of the things that the Shinra retail outlets failed to shift. When he's done with one, he throws it away. No cleaning needed.

I like the idea of loads of NPC FFVII figures, I want a figure of the red headed girl with the black jacket in the slums, or the punky spitting guy near the Honey Bee Inn 'Shore is a fine looking heifer you got there' Or that guy who works for Don Corneo who is like ASDA's own brand Reno.

Or could be Reno's twin brother. Fanfic ahoy.
Yes - I'd love some NPCs. Mukki. And the Sector Seven train guard, I love him. And Choco Billy. Even Wooly Hat man from ACC. But you know what they'd give us? They guy in the overalls and the girl in the jeans from Crisis Core.

Shinra headed notepaper would be nice, and really fucking cheap to produce.

I would so buy this.

It's like they don't even grasp what's iconic within their own game. They give Rufus a CUP, but they don't sell Rude's sunglasses? Or Tseng's scrunchy?

In those Shinra office pics, i really love how Vincent is reading the gun catalogue whenever he gets a few minutes off from Sephiroth's photocopying.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
I want a Tifa haircomb. It should be a white normal haircomb, with Tifa written on it, please. :monster:

Like this.

Tifa can be written on the handle.
:monster:
Hotel_White_Comb.jpg

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
But what is Tifas handwriting like? I always assumed that the 'Rufus' on the banners and such was Rufus' own signature.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
The value of this comb has now increased tenfold. And that, children, is how the merchandising department operate at Square-Enix.

You know, what's so depressing is that they could easily make all kinds of stuff that people would actually really want and treasure.
Where is my Tseng action figure?

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
If Sephiroth wanted an office, Shinra would bloody well give him an office. :monster: Pre-insanity anyway.

Smaddy

Green Mage
Rufus uses Jager bomb!

It's super effective!

[-517 HP for each player]

I agree that they should make figures of all the characters. I'd buy them. Heck, I bought the crappy fall-apart figures back in 1997 when those came out. So high quality figures would be nice.

Not to ask a stupid question, but does a Cid figure even exist yet?

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Probably not, cause Cid doesn't get enough love. It should be noted that even if there is a good quality Cid figure, he STILL is not getting the love he deserves because Cid kicks ass. I demand a custom Zippo lighter with Cid's name and that chick painted on the Highwind engraved. Now that would be both A.) something the character would actually own, and B.) fucking awesome.

Probably not, cause Cid doesn't get enough love. It should be noted that even if there is a good quality Cid figure, he STILL is not getting the love he deserves because Cid kicks ass. I demand a custom Zippo lighter with Cid's name and that chick painted on the Highwind engraved. Now that would be both A.) something the character would actually own, and B.) fucking awesome.

I agree, that would be an inspired piece of mechandising.
In theory I quite like the idea of being able to buy things that the characters might have actually owned. The Shinra ID cards were a good idea, for example. But that kind of mechandising requires more thought than was put into the cup.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
You know, what's so depressing is that they could easily make all kinds of stuff that people would actually really want and treasure.
Where is my Tseng action figure?

That would totally be getting stuffed down my bra :awesome:

Actually, I've seen a few of the figures close up at a friends house, both the old-style ones and post AC and I have never been impressed with the quality. If I ever had the time, I'd probably try and make my own.

Top Bottom