• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

About "G" from DoC and FFVII... (spoilers)

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
Sorry if this has been brought up before...

If I understood it correctly, Genesis has sealed himself away until he would be needed for Gaia's protection?

Was that before or after Meteorfall? I haven't finished Dirge of Cerberus, so I'm not 100% sure of the timing... But then why didn't he come out and try to save Gaia from Meteor? Has that been addressed anywhere?

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
If I understood it correctly, Genesis has sealed himself away until he would be needed for Gaia's protection?

Yes, that's right!

Was that before or after Meteorfall? I haven't finished Dirge of Cerberus, so I'm not 100% sure of the timing...

It was before Meteorfall, i think.

But then why didn't he come out and try to save Gaia from Meteor? Has that been addressed anywhere?

I think it was because, during Meteor Crisis, the Planet had already its "agents" in the move.

The WEAPONs were awakened the moment Meteor was summoned and Holy was inleashed even before Meteor's summoning, though it was blocked by Sephiroth's will.

So there was really no need for Genesis to be awakened.

Neutron Ronnie

AKA
Powerslave
I see... You have a point, thanks :) But I also thought that the Planet was crying out in pain/fear quite a bit even while its "agents" were on the move...

If I may extend my question further - if Omega turned up because Gaia was tricked into believing she was in danger (that is what happened, right?), why didn't Genesis wake up when Deepground was fooling around doing what they did?

I could think of a couple of reasons, but that would be me making assumptions as to how Genesis knows when to wake up. :monster: (Which is probably the underlying question to this thread... :D)

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
I see... You have a point, thanks :) But I also thought that the Planet was crying out in pain/fear quite a bit even while its "agents" were on the move...

Yes, we could still ear the cries of the Planet even after the WEAPON's were awaken.

But it could be cries of not only pain, due to its "blood" being constantly sucked up, but also of fear. It's safe to assume that the Planet was "afraid" of Meteor.

If I may extend my question further - if Omega turned up because Gaia was tricked into believing she was in danger (that is what happened, right?), why didn't Genesis wake up when Deepground was fooling around doing what they did?

I could think of a couple of reasons, but that would be me making assumptions as to how Genesis knows when to wake up. :monster: (Which is probably the underlying question to this thread... :D)

Because the advent of Omega was a natural event in the Life's cycle. Regardless of being caused by unnatural events, the Planet felt that its life was coming to an end, thus summoning Omega to take the Lifestream to join the universal Lifestream.

Since it was a natural ocurrence, the Planet didn't felt that its existence was really in danger, if that makes sense.

Neutron Ronnie

AKA
Powerslave
Because the advent of Omega was a natural event in the Life's cycle. Regardless of being caused by unnatural events, the Planet felt that its life was coming to an end, thus summoning Omega to take the Lifestream to join the universal Lifestream.

Since it was a natural ocurrence, the Planet didn't felt that its existence was really in danger, if that makes sense.

I didn't think of that... thank you. :D

Still, I do wonder what serves as Genesis's alarm clock... Anyone care to hazard a guess?

The Joker

Why So Serious?
I know they're suppose to be working on a new title in the Compilation, so we can only hope it'll have something to do with Genesis waking up.

Neutron Ronnie

AKA
Powerslave
Perhaps... though many people don't like Genesis.... (If he does appear in the new title, I hope he stops quoting from Loveless all the time...)

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
Sienna, Jenovas-Fifth, Idris
Perhaps... though many people don't like Genesis.... (If he does appear in the new title, I hope he stops quoting from Loveless all the time...)

^ This. :monster:

He drives me UP THE WALL because he's always quoting that damn thing and I can't find it and read the REST of it. Because the rest of it doesn't EXIST. Goodness.

Even so, I do like Genesis; he's got a lot of potential. It all depends on what happens to him from here on out.
However, on the mildly off-topic subject of a new Compilation title, if Genesis steals the spotlight off Cloud as "the playable character" in the next one, I will hate him for ever and ever. And ever.

Neutron Ronnie

AKA
Powerslave
However, on the mildly off-topic subject of a new Compilation title, if Genesis steals the spotlight off Cloud as "the playable character" in the next one, I will hate him for ever and ever. And ever.

Perhaps he'll join the party, hur hur hur...

... Though that'd mean there'd be two sword users? ...

I wouldn't mind him quoting Loveless once or twice, just not all the frigging time... :D That is, assuming he does turn up in the next Compilation title, which seems likely if it's set after DoC. Hopefully that will tell us exactly why he woke up.

If he wakes up after his seal was set to wear off, that doesn't make much sense, because the planet could've been in dire need of help while he was napping...

Unless he used that time to build up his powers while he was sealed, and figured he'd be useless before that, so it wouldn't matter if he woke up or not?

If the Planet's calls served to wake him up, then why didn't it wake him up during Meteorfall? (Sorry to bring this question up again.) Because the way I see it, even though Holy was cast, and the WEAPONs were awoken, Meteor came pretty frigging close to the planet's surface. And Gaia is sentient, and must've noticed this and figured she'd need all the help she could get.

If Gaia was afraid of Meteor, surely its cries should've woken Genesis up? Unless he's a very heavy sleeper. :monster:

Holy was being held back by Sephiroth, wasn't it? Would I be right in saying that, had Sephiroth been defeated about a day or two earlier, Holy alone might've been enough to defend the Planet? In that case, shouldn't Gaia have given Genesis a nudge, you know, like - I'm going to get pulverized, so can you please go and deal with your ex-best friend now, thank you very much???

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Holy was being held back by Sephiroth, wasn't it? Would I be right in saying that, had Sephiroth been defeated about a day or two earlier, Holy alone might've been enough to defend the Planet? In that case, shouldn't Gaia have given Genesis a nudge, you know, like - I'm going to get pulverized, so can you please go and deal with your ex-best friend now, thank you very much???

Because, when Square was developing FFVII, Genesis wasn't created yet. :monster:

But more seriously, Sephiroth was not the most immediate threat. Yes, it was him that summoned Meteor and such, but what was about to wound the planet? Meteor.

So, the Planet's main concern was Meteor, not Sephiroth.

Sephiroth was blocking Holy, yes, but maybe all that mattered for the Planet was the fact that Holy has been activated. The Planet maybe didn't realise that it was being blocked.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
What most people doesn't know, is that after sealing himself in that water-sphere, Genesis turned deaf after so much water entered his ears.
This is why, when the Planet called him, he didn't hear it, and didn't wake-up when: Zirconiade appeared, or during Meteorfall, or the Geostgma crisis, or when DG summoned Omega.

Unfortunatelly now, he is too late. Cloud and his friends already took his place, and the Planet fired him a long time ago.

Last edited:

Neutron Ronnie

AKA
Powerslave
What most people doesn't know, is that after sealing himself in that water-sphere, Genesis turned deaf after so much water entered his ears.
This is why, when the Planet called him, he didn't hear it, and didn't wake-up when: Zirconiade appeared, or during Meteorfall, or the Geostgma crisis, or when DG summoned Omega.

Unfortunatelly now, he is too late. Cloud and his friends already took his place, and the Planet fired him a long time ago.

LMFAO!

Poor Genesis. :(

Andalegogo

Rueful Figure
The only excuse I can think of for Genesis remaining in his stasis through FF7, AC, and DoC is that the Lifestream itself, the lifeblood of the planet, was in no direct danger. At least as far as the planet itself/Minerva could tell.

The physical planet has always been presented as something that will pass away with time, but that the Lifestream will always remain as part of a universal cycle. The physical planet dying would be a big deal, but it wouldn't be the end-all. Omega was there to pick up the Lifestream to find itself another place in the cosmos.

Now, in FF7, Sephiroth had put his plans in the works, but he never actually got to the point where the physical planet was on the brink of destruction. Meteor was coming, but by itself it couldn't threaten the actual Lifestream. The planet would be "scarred", but the Lifestream would continue its cycle, hence why Genesis might not have been awakened.

In Advent Children, Sephiroth's new skills with the J-cells could potentially have a direct impact on the Lifestream itself, but his plans never seemed to have reached such a massive scale. He had corrupted some Lifestream, but apparently not enough to disrupt the natural flow. Again, no actual large-scale damage appeared to have been done, and thus no reason for Genesis to poke his head out.

And as Dark and Divine mentioned, DoC's events did threaten the existence of human civilization, but the Lifestream/Minerva would've only interpreted the events as being part of a naturally occurring process and no reason for alarm.

My guess is that whatever happens in the next installment will be a large and invasive threat to the actual Lifestream, something that Minerva won't be able to stop.

...I'm still keeping the faith that the threat of Jenova is not truly finished. With Sephiroth's will out of the picture, might the remaining cells reconstruct the original Calamity?

........pleese???

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral
Your faith is misplaced. And Jenova itself would be a bit disappointing, in my opinion.

My idea: All of the Weapons were destroyed. It works for the most part, but it gets a bit wonky with Omega.

My conclusion: There isn't enough information yet.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
There is nothing even left of Jenova.

The only way it could become a thread in the future is through bullshittery and retconning.

Blue

Rookie Adventurer
There is nothing even left of Jenova.

The only way it could become a thread in the future is through bullshittery and retconning.

Or just another random Shinra Experiment. Not really hard to just say "they had a secret lab."

For example, at the end of Dirge, there's still a few Deepgrounders alive, like Argento, so it's not much of a stretch to see some Jenova cells out there.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
There are still people with Jenova Cells in their organisms, as shown in DOC, but they're inert without a mastermind to activate them.

Jenova's will was bent to Sephiroth's long ago and Sephiroth's will is also gone, so the cells are basically useless.

Andalegogo

Rueful Figure
Making Jenova return as a threat wouldn't require any retconning or bullshitting at all. There hasn't been anything leading to the definite conclusion that everything Jenova has been destroyed. I still see arguments going back and forth about whether Aerith's magic actually destroyed Jenova cells or just healed the damage done by them. Neither side of the argument ever sounds concrete. DoC didn't do much to clear things up either.

For all we know the cells are still around in random people, the Lifestream, and Lucrecia, but in a completely harmless state. At this point in the story it would be no problem for the creators to allow Jenova to revive itself for the first time since being busted out of the Nibelheim Reactor now that Sephiroth's will is out of the way, and that's assuming the creators don't bring back Sephiroth first.

Jenova has been among the major focuses throughout the Compilation, and the original threat to planet life. Bringing it back for players to experience the raw, lustful mindfuckery and viral outbreak of Jenova's glory days would be a nice change from the extensive line of failed "master-mind" plots by previous villains.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Jenova was completely destroyed, her sentience and pretty much her entire body is gone. All that's left of her are a few cells scattered among bits of the population.

She is not coming back nor is there any sort of feasible means to do so.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral
Yeah, really, I'm not sure where you're getting this "Jenova is completely gone" thing.

It wouldn't be difficult at all to find a significant number of cells to revive it. As I repeatedly note, "Why the fuck didn't Cloud destroy the feathers after he killed Sephiroth? Last I checked, feathers are made of cells."

Edit: The 'mindfuckery days' idea sounds good for a distant prequal, which I've always felt they should do. It does not, however, sound good for a sequal, because it would require reversing Jenova's permanent brain death, which makes no sense. I agree that it's a good idea, & a nice change of pace, just not for the next game, chronologically.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Those feathers are just manifestations of the remaining bits of Sephiroth's fading spirit energy, just like the black smoke and dust that evaporates from his and Kadaj's body.

The feather's aren't actual cellular matter. You see them fade away once Sephiroth disappears into nothingness. He's dead, and whatever physical manifestation he had, disappeared and the negative lifestream remnant remained and Kadaj emerged.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Jenova's sentience is gone, Sephiroth is gone. What can they possibly do?

That's just wishful thinking. A few cells out there can't do shit without the masterminds behind them. Jenova doesn't "live" inside the cells, they were just tools of her and Sefiros.

Top Bottom