• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Surprisingly, there are some KH references here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It seems like the developers definitely put some explicit references to KH here. Here are a few I found that are pretty obvious and solid references to KH rather than FF.

1. Squalls Blasting Zone move was based off of his form in KH2 where he powers up his sword making it glow with energy and become much much longer.

2. Sephiroth's oblivion, Shadow Flare, and Black Materia were all moves he used in kingdom hearts 2. At the start of the secret boss fight he would instantly close in on Sora and delivery a lot of attacks within about 2 seconds ( which instantly dropped his hp to 1 if you failed to block ) which looks very similar to what he does in oblivion. he used Shadow Flare on Sora also as well as summoning a meteor to hit him. Sephiroth's entire move set may have been based of KH2 actually.

3. Cloud's Aerial Fang was based off of his attack in KH in which he would gain "one winged angel status" and fly around the arena only stopping to quickly dive towards Sora and do an upwards slash.............the exact same as he does in Dissidia..........minus flying. and Cloud's version of Vraver (in this game at least ) was used in kingdom hearts 2 during the 1000 heartless war where he dropped in on some heartless set to ambush sora sticking his glowing sword into the ground and making the enemies fly off ( same thing happens in Dissidia )

So it looks like there is a lot of connection and likelihood that KH would be included in Dissidia.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Perhaps, but I think it might just have more to do with the fact that they were already in an action game so they just took some of the moves they had already developed. Hopefully they don't combine the two spinoffs though...

I do love Cloud's Vraver though :wacky:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Naw, all of those moves and attacks were from KH first. They obviously felt some inspiration and connection with KH here, first. Which I think is pretty cool. A Dissidia with KH in it would be awesome.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Couldn't you just explain it as the staff involved with Dissidia were also involved with KH?

Meh, I'd rather do without KH characters in Dissidia, but the thematic of both games could work well together if they did decided to do so.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I'd seriously puke if KH was anyone near Dissidia. I seriously think KH is corny as hell and needs to stay in its own place.

Perhaps, but I think it might just have more to do with the fact that they were already in an action game so they just took some of the moves they had already developed. Hopefully they don't combine the two spinoffs though...

This is what I think.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I also find that the charge Cloud does when using Brave reminds me of Sonic Rave.

And I agree that most of Seph's Dissidia moves were inspired by KH.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I hope you're at least referring to the Square side of KH. No Goofy vs Gabranth.

Mickey would be awesome. Period. He'd definitely work in this. I'd love to see him pwn Warrior of Light epically.

MOG said:
I'd seriously puke if KH was anyone near Dissidia. I seriously think KH is corny as hell and needs to stay in its own place.

That's utterly ridiculous. It'd be perfect. Why would you say its corny and make you puke?

DrakeClawFang said:
And I agree that most of Seph's Dissidia moves were inspired by KH.

More like all of them. None of his moves at all appeared at all in FFVII.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
That's utterly ridiculous. It'd be perfect. Why would you say its corny and make you puke?

I don't like KH and I think its corny. The first one was alright, but I don't like the direction of the second one or any of the ones after that.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't like KH and I think its corny. The first one was alright, but I don't like the direction of the second one or any of the ones after that.

KH is arguably better than the S-E franchise it borrows material from, so I find such a judgment utterly daft and unwarranted. The fact they felt the need to take the material for these characters from KH rather than their originating game speaks to what the developers believe.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
KH is arguably better than the S-E franchise it borrows material from, so I find such a judgment utterly daft and unwarranted. The fact they felt the need to take the material for these characters from KH rather than their originating game speaks to what the developers believe.

It's just my opinion, man. I'm not trying to encroach it on anyone else.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer

I might be full of shit here, but your conclusion doesn't really seem to follow from the rest of what your saying. I don't know if so much they feel KH represented the characters better, just that it established them in a more free-form sense. Transition of RPG to action and all that. While I could concede that the characters move sets are based almost entirely on KH, I don't think it means the developers believe KH is better than FF.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
...but...the material they took from KH were inspired by their originating games...:shifty:

Uh..no they don't. All that shit there is originally from KH. That's what I've been saying.

Cannon_Fodder said:
I might be full of shit here, but your conclusion doesn't really seem to follow from the rest of what your saying. I don't know if so much they feel KH represented the characters better, just that it established them in a more free-form sense. Transition of RPG to action and all that. While I could concede that the characters move sets are based almost entirely on KH, I don't think it means the developers believe KH is better than FF.

I feel both. KH represents the characters better, and clearly the developers prefer KH more than FF, as shown by how they drew from the former, instead of the latter. Which makes total sense, really.

Hell, Sora is probably Nomura's best character design to date. Such a shame Disney owns the rights to it. But oh well, I'm sure they'll put him to good use.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I feel both. KH represents the characters better, and clearly the developers prefer KH more than FF, as shown by how they drew from the former, instead of the latter. Which makes total sense, really.

Okay, I see what you're saying now. I don't really agree, but it makes sense so I can't complain.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Okay, I see what you're saying now. I don't really agree, but it makes sense so I can't complain.

Of course it makes sense, I'm right :monster:

Pretty obvious the developers felt that way too giving them those abilities and shit for KH first and not even their original games.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Oh, C_F, don't mind Mako. He's just be sarcastic. I think...:huh:

@Mako - Are you're trying to find someone else to pick up a fight in every thread, now that Dacon is not here anymore? :monster:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Mako must be really bored at the moment...

TROLL-BANK-GR1.jpg

Bit why even HAVE Kingdom Hearts characters in Dissidia when we already have the Kingdom Hearts world to already provide the perfect setting? I've been saying ever since before KH2 came out that they should have characters other than Sora (/Roxas) be controllable. That would be awesome. Especially if you could play as the Disney characters.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Bit why even HAVE Kingdom Hearts characters in Dissidia when we already have the Kingdom Hearts world to already provide the perfect setting? I've been saying ever since before KH2 came out that they should have characters other than Sora (/Roxas) be controllable. That would be awesome. Especially if you could play as the Disney characters.

Just looking for some good discussion, really.

And KH should be included because its that awesome. Dissidia was kinda lame for just including FF characters. Organization XIII would be truly awesome character additions, as anyone who's played 358/2 would tell you. Could you imagine Saix beating the shit out of Cloud? That would look extremely cool. Or Pete knocking down Garland? That would be lulz.

Hell, they could include other S-E titles, like "The Bouncer." That was one of S-E's best games there. Sion would beat the shit out Firion.

I mean, when you have Kitase stating he'd like to include KH characters, and then the developers end up borrowing heavily from the KH versions of the characters, rather than the FF versions, that says something, doesn't it?

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
I can honestly say I have no idea what you're talking about.

:monster: Never mind...

Just looking for some good discussion, really.

And KH should be included because its that awesome. Dissidia was kinda lame for just including FF characters. Organization XIII would be truly awesome character additions, as anyone who's played 358/2 would tell you. Could you imagine Saix beating the shit out of Cloud? That would look extremely cool. Or Pete knocking down Garland? That would be lulz.

Hell, they could include other S-E titles, like "The Bouncer." That was one of S-E's best games there. Sion would beat the shit out Firion.

I mean, when you have Kitase stating he'd like to include KH characters, and then the developers end up borrowing heavily from the KH versions of the characters, rather than the FF versions, that says something, doesn't it?

Ondore alert....

Run for your sanity!!!!

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Of course it makes sense, I'm right :monster:

Thank God you're not too cocky, that might be awkward for everyone involved :awesome:

Oh, C_F, don't mind Mako. He's just be sarcastic. I think...:huh:

Thanks, but it's all good. Sarcasm's kinda a grey area anyway...

Mako must be really bored at the moment...

TROLL-BANK-GR1.jpg

I agree with this. I've always seen Dissidia as a 'celebration' (term used loosely) of Final Fantasy and it's traditions and such. I have no doubt that Kingdom Hearts is a great series but I don't really see it, I dunno, fitting in with Dissidia.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Thank God you're not too cocky, that might be awkward for everyone involved :awesome:

No problem :monster:

I agree with this. I've always seen Dissidia as a 'celebration' (term used loosely) of Final Fantasy and it's traditions and such. I have no doubt that Kingdom Hearts is a great series but I don't really see it, I dunno, fitting in with Dissidia.

Well considering Dissidia ripped off KH's whole "light and darkness" thematic (go look at Cecil, Onion Knight, CoD, harmony and disorder, etc) and how neither is inherently bad, but best in balance...I definitely think KH is entitled to appear.

Especially if they're gonna pull the attacks and traits from the KH incarnations into Dissidia here as well, with Cloud, Squall, Sephiroth, etc.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I dunno, isn't the light-dark thing kinda standard? What I mean is, its not really a new revolutionary thing that KH created. Perhaps the KH team drew off that previous inspiration and transferred it to Dissidia. Certain people worked on both games did they not?
Not gonna lie, that sounded better in my head...

Another thing though, similar themes doesn't necessarily mean one franchise is entitled to appear in another. An extreme example is Star Wars. A lot of FF is similar to that, but we don't see stormtroopers confusing Zidane for an ewok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom