Surprisingly, there are some KH references here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I dunno, isn't the light-dark thing kinda standard? What I mean is, its not really a new revolutionary thing that KH created. Perhaps the KH team drew off that previous inspiration and transferred it to Dissidia. Certain people worked on both games did they not?
Not gonna lie, that sounded better in my head...

In terms of S-E titles though, it started with KH. Yeah, its not new to fiction or fantasy, but in terms of SE, KH was the pioneer.

Another thing though, similar themes doesn't necessarily mean one franchise is entitled to appear in another. An extreme example is Star Wars. A lot of FF is similar to that, but we don't see stormtroopers confusing Zidane for an ewok.

Well SW isn't done by SE. :monster: So yeah.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
In terms of S-E titles though, it started with KH. Yeah, its not new to fiction or fantasy, but in terms of SE, KH was the pioneer.

All I'm saying is maybe S-E became inspired by this idea and just kept it running through a lot of their titles, and that KH wasn't the reason it was in Dissidia.

Well SW isn't done by SE. :monster: So yeah.
Okay, my example was shit, but I stand by the point. Similar themes does not give one franchise entitlement to tie-in to another. Might make it plausible or convenient, but not entitled.

But now I'm arguing for such minor details it seems kinda pointless. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
All I'm saying is maybe S-E became inspired by this idea and just kept it running through a lot of their titles, and that KH wasn't the reason it was in Dissidia.

Going by the fact KH was the first franchise by SE to introduce the whole "balance of light and dark" plot device, it's not an unreasonable assumption to think so. Factually, KH was the first to do it.

Okay, my example was shit, but I stand by the point. Similar themes does not give one franchise entitlement to tie-in to another. Might make it plausible or convenient, but not entitled.

But now I'm arguing for such minor details it seems kinda pointless. :monster:

Well I think its entitled because KH is just that good, and their themes fit so well together.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I feel both. KH represents the characters better
This bit is actually true though. I just dropped a turd that had more character depth than the cardboard cutouts found in Dissidia.

Keep up the good work though Mako :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
This bit is actually true though. I just dropped a turd that had more character depth than the cardboard cutouts found in Dissidia.

Keep up the good work though Mako :monster:

I see you still enjoy trolling and making fun of KH and FF. If anything, KH added more depth to some of the FF characters, than even their originating games. So yeah, I appreciate you acknowledging my observations. :P

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm not sure how much of Mako is under the control of Ondore and how much is being serious, but whether Dissidia lifted KH's light and darkness theme doesn't have much to do with their movesets. And saying their movesets in KH aren't inspired by their originating games is ridiculous. Why would Sephiroth summon a Meteor in KHII? Why would three Cloud cards make Omnislash in CoM?

Sure they had some originals like Squall's giganto-gunblade and Cloud's Sonic Break. But they're still just moves they might logically have based on their characters from their original games adjusted for an action game setting.

I also am dubious of KH adding more depth to the characters than their original games. Dissidia perhaps since that was supposed to present them basically as caracatures in the mini-version of their original game. And Sephiroth absolutely has more depth in Dissidia with his suicide and figuring things out than his Cloud-fetish he has in Kingdom Hearts.
Squall is the only one who I think might have gotten added depth in Kingdom Hearts, but I never thought he was all that similar to FF8 Squall...he sure talks a lot. And YRP are freaking pixies!

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm not sure how much of Mako is under the control of Ondore and how much is being serious, but whether Dissidia lifted KH's light and darkness theme doesn't have much to do with their movesets. And saying their movesets in KH aren't inspired by their originating games is ridiculous. Why would Sephiroth summon a Meteor in KHII? Why would three Cloud cards make Omnislash in CoM?

If you paid attention when posting, you'd know I'm serious. Sephiroth's whole Meteor attack and connection to summoning one comes from KH1 and KH Final Mix when you fought him in the Platinum Cup. Same goes with Heartless Angel (which is a mistranslation of "Sin Harvest" that never got corrected.)

And why would three Cloud cards make Omnislash? Cause that's Cloud's special move in KH. No shit.

Sure they had some originals like Squall's giganto-gunblade and Cloud's Sonic Break. But they're still just moves they might logically have based on their characters from their original games adjusted for an action game setting.

Exactly. Blasting Zone. That move also originated in KH1 when you fought him in the Colosseum with Yuffie. They all originated from KH, and the developers did that because they were able to better design their characters for that setting.

I also am dubious of KH adding more depth to the characters than their original games. Dissidia perhaps since that was supposed to present them basically as caracatures in the mini-version of their original game. And Sephiroth absolutely has more depth in Dissidia with his suicide and figuring things out than his Cloud-fetish he has in Kingdom Hearts.
Squall is the only one who I think might have gotten added depth in Kingdom Hearts, but I never thought he was all that similar to FF8 Squall...he sure talks a lot. And YRP are freaking pixies!

I'm dubious of your assertion. Sephiroth being the embodiment of Cloud's darkness is a helluva lot deeper and more meaningful than him being the legless torso and "missing-villain" of FFVII. Jenova was more of a villain in FFVII than Sephiroth. At least in KH we saw more of him as an actual, active antagonist, than a guy holed up in the ground sleeping/meditating. Dissidia didn't do him any real favors either. It's like they didn't even try.

And glad we agree on Squall though. He was better in KH than anywhere, really. YRP however, were done perfectly as well.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Dude, I'm serious. It's not like I'm saying something nonsensical. Just cause you disagree doesn't mean I'm being not serious or crazy :monster:

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
If you paid attention when posting, you'd know I'm serious. Sephiroth's whole Meteor attack and connection to summoning one comes from KH1 and KH Final Mix when you fought him in the Platinum Cup.

Not so fast Mr. Mako. I think you're forgetting about Sephiroth's meteor attack in a little game called Ehrgeiz, which was around aeons before KH was even thought of.

That aside, I'm thinking this thread is a piece done outside TheLifeStream.net compilation, (possibly written by Benny Matsuyama) since there's a lot of unusual content and Mako is very OOC, so it shouldn't really be taken as canon.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Not so fast Mr. Mako. I think you're forgetting about Sephiroth's meteor attack in a little game called Ehrgeiz, which was around aeons before KH was even thought of.

Ehrgeiz wasn't done by Square. That was Namco and Dream Factory. The first S-E game that had Sephiroth summoning a Meteor was KH, then KH2. Hell, the first time we got any connection to him being a "One-Winged Angel" was KH Final Mix when he appeared with one winged, and Sora got the "One-Winged Angel" keyblade.

That aside, I'm thinking this thread is a piece done outside TheLifeStream.net compilation, (possibly written by Benny Matsuyama) since there's a lot of unusual content and Mako is very OOC, so it shouldn't really be taken as canon.

Roffle, good one, but no.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Disagree. I could do better.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Mako, FF3. You need to incorporate its existence in your nonsense, since KH definitely didn't start the idea.

And I'd like to see Sion bloody well TRY.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Mako, FF3. You need to incorporate its existence in your nonsense, since KH definitely didn't start the idea.

And I'd like to see Sion bloody well TRY.

FFIII's concept of light and darkness isn't anything like KH's. The Cloud of Darkness is clearly trying to flood the world with Darkness because darkness is evil and she's the embodiment of evil that appears cause of Xande's desire to live forever. The light is the only thing that's able to defeat her. Hence why the Warriors of Light were the only ones able to scratch her.

And no offense, but Firion's a flower fag. Sion would beat the shit out of the slow dude. Firion's a great guy, but a shit fighter. Sion has him beat hands down, as would hell...most of the KH cast.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Dude, wtf? Why are you spamming my thread? If you disagree at least say why, mofo.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
old20stone20bridge.jpg

I like what you did with your home in this picture.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
...Why the hell would I live under a bridge?

Dude, whats going on? I make a thread about how some of the KH shit that made it into Dissidia and people are acting like fanatics. It's just KH, it's not gonna pollute Dissidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom