• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Distant Worlds music from Final Fantasy in Chicago

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
Anyone from Chicago went to the concert last Saturday? It was so awesome! Ninja Nobuo jamming on stage performing Advent One winged Angel was the highlight of the night! They also played The Bombing Mission, J-E-N-O-V-A and the FFVII Theme :D

Sorry about the sound quality, it got a bit flushed during the transfer :x

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer
So envious! I went to the Seattle one back in July, it was amazing! But I know the Chicago one got pretty much an entire set of new music that I'm dying to hear! I hope it comes back to Seattle with the new song list!

I'm also psyched that their making a new CD. The first one just didn't have enough of the songs, like Zanarkand, etc.

I also have an awesome story regarding running into Uematsu in downtown Seattle XD

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Weeeeeeee I'm going to the one in San Diego next year. I'm going to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale. I'm especially going to buy the most expensive tickets there are if it means I get to shake Nobuo's hand. ^.^

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
So envious! I went to the Seattle one back in July, it was amazing! But I know the Chicago one got pretty much an entire set of new music that I'm dying to hear! I hope it comes back to Seattle with the new song list!

I'm also psyched that their making a new CD. The first one just didn't have enough of the songs, like Zanarkand, etc.

I also have an awesome story regarding running into Uematsu in downtown Seattle XD

Yes! There's gonna be a Distant Worlds II CD recording in January I think. There were quite a few world premieres that night, one of them was from Final Fantasy XIV.

And do tell about your Nobuo story! I wish I could've gone to his Q&A at Depaul University a couple days before the concert.

And maaaan, San Diego is having TWO shows I think. But they'll be coming back here in August xD

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I know there having one in San Fran, one in San Diego, and one somewhere else. EVERYTHING happens in San Diego. O_o

It's only like an hour drive from L.A., so I MASSTTT GAOO!!!

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer
Yes! There's gonna be a Distant Worlds II CD recording in January I think. There were quite a few world premieres that night, one of them was from Final Fantasy XIV.

And do tell about your Nobuo story! I wish I could've gone to his Q&A at Depaul University a couple days before the concert.

And maaaan, San Diego is having TWO shows I think. But they'll be coming back here in August xD

How was Melodies of Life? That was one song that I would've REALLY liked to hear, its one of my favorites, and I'm hoping they would bring here. I know Susan Calloway did an AMAZING job on Distant Worlds (the song) so I'm curious to know how well she did on the other songs, eg Suteki da Ne and Melodies of Life.

My Uematsu story...Well basically I went to the concert Thurday night, but I didn't go to the meet and greet, mostly because of the cost and the fact I was with certain family members that...don't care much for video games at all but felt obligated to accompany me to the concert nonetheless. Since Seattle had 3 concerts I knew Uematsu would be hanging around downtown where I work, so I *skipped work* and wandered around the area the next day and went back to the concert hall to sneak extra flyers and whatever they had left over from the concert. I was just leaving the area when I saw him just STANDING on the sidewalk. And I was like O0O, and I saw him head into a convenience store. So I just kind of ran after him and followed him to one of the aisles, and asked him to autograph one of the Distant World flyers I conveniently stole :P a few minutes ago. The director of his recording company Ogawa was also there and he kind of serves as a translator for Uematsu when he tours I guess, since he spoke English rather well. We chatted for a few seconds and I left because I didn't want to...stalk him on his time off. But hey, I'm happy to display a Uematsu-autographed Tidus flyer...and without paying $100 for it either. XD

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm glad the meet and greet before the Symphonic Fantasies concert didn't cost extra and didn't require any extra tickets. O_o
The meet and greet tickets for DW seem rather expensive...

I hope DW comes to Europe (preferrably a place closer to me than fucking Stockholm or sth).

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Awesome, I saw it in Baltimore but there are a lot of new songs now and Uematsu certainly wasn't there. (An AWESOME story, by the way Anzu)

Hopefully it'll come to Philadelphia soon! Don't know why it hasn't...*grumble*

(Gonna move this to music)

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
How was Melodies of Life? That was one song that I would've REALLY liked to hear, its one of my favorites, and I'm hoping they would bring here. I know Susan Calloway did an AMAZING job on Distant Worlds (the song) so I'm curious to know how well she did on the other songs, eg Suteki da Ne and Melodies of Life.

My Uematsu story...Well basically I went to the concert Thurday night, but I didn't go to the meet and greet, mostly because of the cost and the fact I was with certain family members that...don't care much for video games at all but felt obligated to accompany me to the concert nonetheless. Since Seattle had 3 concerts I knew Uematsu would be hanging around downtown where I work, so I *skipped work* and wandered around the area the next day and went back to the concert hall to sneak extra flyers and whatever they had left over from the concert. I was just leaving the area when I saw him just STANDING on the sidewalk. And I was like O0O, and I saw him head into a convenience store. So I just kind of ran after him and followed him to one of the aisles, and asked him to autograph one of the Distant World flyers I conveniently stole :P a few minutes ago. The director of his recording company Ogawa was also there and he kind of serves as a translator for Uematsu when he tours I guess, since he spoke English rather well. We chatted for a few seconds and I left because I didn't want to...stalk him on his time off. But hey, I'm happy to display a Uematsu-autographed Tidus flyer...and without paying $100 for it either. XD

Wow, what a cool story :D I would've had a heart attack hahaa..

I thought Susan Calloway did a really good job with Melodies of Life, though a friend of mine said that Susan's vocals are too strong for this song and was more fitted for softer vocals, which is good point. Suteki da ne was sung in english, which sounded interesting to hear. "Suteki da ne" was still left in the lyrics, she pronounced it "Suteki da nay" :/ She also did Kiss Me Goodbye.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
As much as I like Susan Calloway's singing in "Distant Worlds", I don't know if she should sing ALL FF theme songs. It'd be better to get different singers whose voices match those songs because I really can't imagine all those songs sung by one and the same person...
Of course it'd be awesome if they could get the original singers but that'd be quite the hassle to get all of them to travel around the globe and stuff. :P

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer
As much as I like Susan Calloway's singing in "Distant Worlds", I don't know if she should sing ALL FF theme songs. It'd be better to get different singers whose voices match those songs because I really can't imagine all those songs sung by one and the same person...
Of course it'd be awesome if they could get the original singers but that'd be quite the hassle to get all of them to travel around the globe and stuff. :P

That's what I thought as well. Susan Calloway fit Distant Worlds very well, imo, mostly because I didn't really care too much for Izumi Masuda's singing style in the original song. It grew on me after awhile and I got used to it, but her pronunciation was still difficult to understand.

However when I heard Susan Calloway was doing all the other vocal songs, and not just Distant Worlds, I was a little skeptical, especially since Rikki and Emiko Shiratori both had very distinct voices, and Susan Calloway had a distinct style that wasn't like either of theirs. Kiss Me Goodbye would probably be fitting for her since her voice is closer to Angela Aki's. And the song being in English and all anyways, but her voice is generally more classical, and almost opera like, while Rikki had the traditional voice and Emiko Shiratori is just...very her own style.

On the other hand, the singer for the Seattle Distant Worlds was not very good (and one of the guys for the FFVI opera, a professor from my university, was making up lyrics as he sang >.> which really annoyed me since it threw off the balance), so perhaps Susan Calloway is preferable (not to mention she's apparently one of Uematsu's favorite singers).

Top Bottom