• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Why is Yuffie suddenly a weak little girl?

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
In OtWtaS: Case of Yuffie, the title character is depicted as too weak to lift a kid roughly her own age off the ground, or break down a simple wooden door. What the hell? Tres has brought this up several times, and it bothers me too. This is a character shown in AC/C able to run up the side of a skyscraper, do acrobatic flips, handsprings, etc, and carries/throws a shuriken comparable in size (in fact slightly larger than) one of those four way lug wrenches. Does anyone bother fanwanking explanations for this, or do we just kind of... ignore it?

I invite discussion, fanwanking, and any and all crack theories you care to give out on this. Or, if you like, just mock it.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
What? Are you serious?! Yuffie is a fucking awesome! I know I wouldn't have anyone else take her place in my party during FFVII because she kicked so much arse. >;( That is BS.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Exactly the point. I loved Yuffie in FFVII, and I loved her even more in AC/C. So... what the hell happened to her?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Yeah idk what's up with that. I thought it was pretty stupid myself, why the hell are the underselling Yuffie? I really get annoyed with the bum rap she gets from both the fans AND Square. I didn't like Case of Yuffie and this was one of the main reasons... maybe she was on her period or something I dunno.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Quex, I've lived with a lot of females over the years. In my experience, they tend to be stronger than normal when emotional, even if they are in near constant pain and suffering exhaustion from it. Get em mad or something and they hit harder than usual. Yuffie was plenty emotional when they locked her up and when she was trying to lift her little friend.

Hmmm... I need a theory of my own, if only to mock it. Yuffie is a user of all manner of performance enhancing drugs, and she was suffering withdrawl when they locked her up.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Quex, I've lived with a lot of females over the years. In my experience, they tend to be stronger than normal when emotional, even if they are in near constant pain and suffering exhaustion from it. Get em mad or something and they hit harder than usual..
Well shit, I guess you know more about females than I do :awesomonster:

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Totally agree here, she helped take down a demi-god yet is defeated by a boarded up door? Poor Yuffie used to kick so much ass and Square has the nerve to dumb her down?!

Honestly, by all rights in Dirge Yuffie should have beaten Nero several times into next week then gone and bitchslapped both Weiss AND Omega. In fact, she'd then go smack down Vincent and the game would be renamed to Dirge of Conformer and it would be awesome.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I imagine it's literally an 'in the zone' thing. Yuffie, when she's focused, is focused, and can do all sorts of categorically awesome things, when she's not, she gets distracted and cannot focus. Hence why she can do something amazingly awesome and then fall on her ass a moment later in DoC, for example.

Also, Grudge, Quex has lived with a woman more than you have. She is one.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I'm not even sure what triggered your response there, was it the period comment?

Also, Grudge, Quex has lived with a woman more than you have.
Don't say that about Rob, you haven't even met hi-

She is one.
Oh... ^_^;

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Damn straight, I know more about womenz than any of you!

But no, seriously I never said I know more about women than Quex does, I spoke of my personal experience around women. I'd never presume to know more about the fairer sex than a member of said sex. But I have experienced life around women at that time of the month, including two older sisters, a mother, three different roomies, and two different live in girlfriends (who, oddly enough, lived with me at the same time). Of those, all but two seemed capable of some rather extreme feats of strength (such as single-handedly lifting a fridge onto her back and hauling it up a flight of stairs, or lifting ME, a 220 lb human being, off the ground with one hand and yes that is literal) they could not do normally, because they got pissed off during their period.

But, my phrasing could have been much clearer when I made my original point, huh? No offense was intended. If I intended offense I'd have tried to channel Dacon.

As for the "she just wasn't focused" theory, that actually makes a certain kind of sense. Wutai being an oriental themed nation, it makes sense their warriors would use various oriental types of skills, such as throwing shuriken obviously. Many forms of asian martial arts depend on internal focus to draw out as much of your latent potential as possible. So by this theory, if Yuffie fails to focus she may try to throw her shuriken and it go three feet and fall to the ground.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
that explains it

the final battle with sephiroth coincides with yuffies period

Wait... is this saying Yuffie crushed Sephiroth because her period made he super-strong, as per my point? Or that she was weak and useless as in CoY because of it?

Bloody hell I seem easily confused tonight, someone call HippieKiller and tell him to give me more Joker applause.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I guess my periods tend to make me sick, the emotional part is the week before... not that anyone here wants to hear about it.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
You never know Quex, some people like that sorta thing lol

And so as not to be misunderstood again, no, that is not a veiled request to hear more about it. Sorry to rob you of a chance to make fun of me all.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Dude... are you drunk? O.o

2e6d1r7.jpg

Noteaforre

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Re
This is one of the things I really, really didn't like about her novella, for reasons already stated. The focus theory is a good one, and she—at least when it came to breaking down that stupid door—was already exhausted from providing a whole lot of medical treatment in a relatively short period of time. That doesn't exactly explain why she continued to be pathetic, though.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I imagine it's literally an 'in the zone' thing. Yuffie, when she's focused, is focused, and can do all sorts of categorically awesome things, when she's not, she gets distracted and cannot focus. Hence why she can do something amazingly awesome and then fall on her ass a moment later in DoC, for example.

As for the "she just wasn't focused" theory, that actually makes a certain kind of sense. Wutai being an oriental themed nation, it makes sense their warriors would use various oriental types of skills, such as throwing shuriken obviously. Many forms of asian martial arts depend on internal focus to draw out as much of your latent potential as possible. So by this theory, if Yuffie fails to focus she may try to throw her shuriken and it go three feet and fall to the ground.

Well, how fucking long does it take her to get focused? XD

Like Noteaforre said, she remained useless.

By the way, EG, great idea for a thread. I've been bitching about this for a while now but no one else seems to have taken much notice. Glad to see it finally get the attention it warrants.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Well, how fucking long does it take her to get focused? XD

Like Noteaforre said, she remained useless.

By the way, EG, great idea for a thread. I've been bitching about this for a while now but no one else seems to have taken much notice. Glad to see it finally get the attention it warrants.

The focus thing is the best idea we've had so far. There was something before about periods, and I apparently came off as an arrogant prick who thinks he understands Aunt Flo better than any of her nieces... and yeah nevermind. Focus problems still = best current theory.

I was actually a little worried when I first put the thread up here, cause there seemed no real way this could possibly be reconciled at all (which is why you just don't bother to consider CoY isn't it?), which is why I specifically mentioned crack theories and mockery. And it seems to be working, eh?

Top Bottom