• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Square Enix Fails To Anticipate Final Fantasy VII Remake Demand

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Nier is no more SE's game than Tomb Raider is.

And it looks dumb as hell. You're only interested for the dickgirl.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THESE THINGS?! HOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

the reason why I have to try it is that I have to reverse whatever this abomination made the ... dickgirl who it is. Such a waste to keep her in such a miserable form. I'm waiting for the endings, hoping there's a way to reverse such a...horrible fate.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
HOW DO YOU KNOW THESE THINGS?! HOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

the reason why I have to try it is that I have to reverse whatever this abomination made the ... dickgirl who it is. Such a waste to keep her in such a miserable form. I'm waiting for the endings, hoping there's a way to reverse such a...horrible fate.

jesusb.jpg

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
What exactly are all these irreconcilable plot holes in the compilation? I hear it a lot, but what are they really? Last Order substantially changed some stuff, but that never really counted anyway, not anymore than Maiden.

See the "Compilation of Final Fantasy VII inconsistencies" section of my FAQ:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/920785/39217

Atem said:
For the billionth time, it is impossible for them to "ruin" the original unless the new disc causes your original copy to melt.

But, as also gets mentioned every time the "your original disc will still be there" argument emerges, it's the compromising of the fictional universe people are concerned about, not an irrational fear that the old disc is going to spontaneously combust and blow up their room.

Yes, the "original will still be there" argument holds true -- unless you're looking at what people are actually concerned with, in which case it doesn't. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
According to your FAQ the fiction has already been compromised so that ship has sailed tbh.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Yes, if you're looking at the Compilation as a whole, certainly. That ship has more than sailed. It's already at the bottom of the sea.

Some parts still work with the original, though -- namely, AC/C and On the Way to a Smile. Somewhat ironically, Maiden actually works with the original much better than either BC, CC or DC.

What I'm referring to is the majority of the parts covered by the original. They've yet to retread all that ground, tilling it as they go.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
A fuckup is a fuckup man, and there's a quite a bit of those.

DoC still annoys me with the LOL VINCENT ALWAYS HAD THE CERBERUS bullshit.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Of course there's fuck-ups -- and that's why we pretend BC and CC don't exist. :awesome:

Depending on the day and my mood, I can accept DC.

I'm grateful that it at least was left out of the story proper.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
AC had already done that.

But DC even more so.

I mean, AC also shows Cloud with his Buster Sword fighting a non-half-naked Sephiroth. It's not meant to be an actual 100% accurate recreation of the final battles in FFVII, so one could've just chalked it up to that.

Until DC came. :monster:

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Of course there's fuck-ups -- and that's why we pretend BC and CC don't exist. :awesome:

Depending on the day and my mood, I can accept DC.

The same way people can ignore the remake's existence, if they don't like it. But no, they prefer to waste their time whining and crying about it.

This is a good time to mention that Big Daddy Delta sig is obnoxiously too big.

And creepy.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I blame the blatant homosexuality as well.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
AC had already done that.

AC doesn't have scenes that take place well before FF7 does it?

So no, it hadn't. Following AC all we could do was assume he had gotten ahold of it sometime during FF7's plot. After DoC we know he had it way back during Hojo's experiments with Lucrecia.

The fact that the gun was in AC too doesn't make the shit any less annoying either.
The same way people can ignore the remake's existence, if they don't like it. But no, they prefer to waste their time whining and crying about it.

I agree, I've had more than a few rants about that on this little board.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Actually I just monochromed it to stop spoilers about the game. She's quite cute in full HD colour.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

Well, as I said, I can see the legitimate concern, but I don't think it has to be a dealbreaker however a remake comes out. I say this because it can as easily just be looked at as an alternate universe, such that both the original and the remake are canon -- just for two different timelines.

The Compilation, then, can be fit to either however one prefers.

Althea

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myfinalheaven

Maybe he lost it while he was asleep :awesome:

Wait...I liked CC xD

But I don't really think that the events of CC really will affect the main story of FFVII. Just like the inhabitants of the FFVII world were ignorant to the events of Nibelheim it is possible that ShinRa wasted a pile of money covering up after Genesis? I mean they did level Banora.

meh, I can make excuses in my head so the retcons won't bother me xD

I want a remake, keeping the script as is from the original game obviously tidying it up although the thought of hearing a VA say "This guy are sick" would be well worth it :awesome:

You know when you go into the ShinRa building on a snoop. They could put documents in there explaining the events of CC as highly classified documents or something.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Just like the inhabitants of the FFVII world were ignorant to the events of Nibelheim it is possible that ShinRa wasted a pile of money covering up after Genesis?

"I'LL PAY YOU GUYS TO FORGET THE BODIES ON THE STREET THAT HAPPENED TWO TIMES"

"I'LL GIVE YOU A DOLLAR TO FORGET THAT KALM BURNED TO THE GROUND"

The whole 'Shinra covered it up' shit gets old, man.

I say this because it can as easily just be looked at as an alternate universe, such that both the original and the remake are canon -- just for two different timelines.

I figure they'll just update the canon to reflect that the remake overrides the original. An Ultimania just for a remake, once it happens, will solidify that.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I figure they'll just update the canon to reflect that the remake overrides the original. An Ultimania just for a remake, once it happens, will solidify that.

That's what I expect will happen as well, which will, understandably, piss off more than a few people.

My way would be better.

Of course, they can do an Ultimania for a remake without going out of their way to emphasize that the original should be forgotten or that all should pretend it never existed.

I really think the "Look at both of them as canon, just for their own timelines" idea would be the most sensible way of doing this.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
... *a-hem* I have drfated this letter for everyone's perusal.

Dear Square-Enix,

Thank you for your recent correspondance with us. We appreciate you taking the time to get back to us after so long. We agree that a remake of Final Fantasy VII could be well received. As you asked for some of our opinions on the matter, we drew up a list, presented below:

1. Don't mess it up.

Yours faithfully,

The fanbase.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Here's mine:

Dear Square-Enix,

Thank you for your recent correspondence with us. We appreciate you taking the time to get back to us after so long. We agree that a remake of Final Fantasy VII could be well received. I just request that if you are, in fact, going to make a remake then... FFS would you just make the god damn thing and quit dicking around?!

Yours,

Que.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Here's mine:

Dear Square-Enix,

Thank you for your recent correspondence with us. We appreciate you taking the time to get back to us after so long. We agree that a remake of Final Fantasy VII could be well received. I just request that if you are, in fact, going to make a remake then... FFS would you just make the god damn thing and quit dicking around?!

Yours,

Que.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKayLq1d5Bs

jelly

Pro Adventurer
Isn't that already a good enough reason to want a remake? To have it fit in with the rest of the Compilation?
Well... like I said. FFVII didn't really need the compilation to begin with. But now that I think about it, since they kind of "ruined" FFVII already they might as well go all the way. :p

I'm not scared that my original copy is going to melt or auto-explode or whatever. lol Even if I don't play it myself, I can't pretend it doesn't exist. People said the same thing before AC came out. That you can just ignore it if you don't like it. I'm pretty good at ignoring Kingdom Hearts. Dissidia too, but a remake? No, not really... And which would people consider the real version? I guess saying that they're both canon would be the best compromise. Although I would admit I wouldn't really be happy about that either...

I'm not crying about this. If most fans want a remake, then a remake it is. Although I'm still irked about the people who want a remake when they haven't even played the original. I guess I'm just surprised to find out that this many people didn't like FFVII for the same reasons I did. I liked a lot of the little things. Like Tifa's cute jumpy reaction when she saw Cloud as a girl. Or Red trying to walk around in a Shinra uniform. I know that they can still keep these things, but it won't be the same. And yeah, I realize that people really badly want the shiny graphics and VAs instead.

And people have been dressing up in drag to comedic affect for centuries, why would it suddenly be disturbing now
k, I guess it can still be funny :p (in a disturbing way)

Top Bottom