• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Album of Awesome

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
So, recently, I decided to compile an album of awesome television themes.

I wound up making two, one for the 80s, one for the 90s. I might make a third one after finishing the GARjin album I'm working on.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qtjtnm5zn2w

So you know what you're getting beforehand, here are the tracks in each album
80s
Star Trek TNG
Zeta Gundam- Zeta- Trancending times
Go Mighty Orbots
Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs
Galaxy Rangers- No Guts no Glory
Dirty Pair- Russian Roulette
Silverhawks
Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors
Bucky O'Hare
Doctor Who (1985 theme)
The Real Ghostbusters
The A-Team
Super Mario Brothers Super Show opening theme
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Max Headroom
Inspector Gadget
Jem and the Holograms
Ducktales
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego

90s
X-men
Batman The Animated Series
Samurai Pizza Cats
The Tick
Gao Gai Gar- Yuusha-Oh Tanjou!
Gundam X- Dreams
Go Go Power Rangers
Bots Master
Megaman
Cybersix
Highlander- Princes of the Universe
Swat Kats- season 2 opening theme
Darkwing Duck
Rescue Rangers
Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
Land of the Lost
Real Adventures of Johnny Quest
Seaquest DSV
Where on Earth is is Carmen Sandiego
Freakazoid

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Needs two things.

Digimon
YGO

Kudos for remembering Darkwing Duck, tho.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I still say it needs the original Heathcliff theme :awesome:

Also Sonic the Hedgehog and Gargoyles, plz?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I already included more JP songs than originally intended, so NO to those.
Sonic them is way too relaxed, Gargoyles is too talked over, and Heathcliff is no.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
On the heels of Awesome 80s and Awesome 90s are three extra projects

Overflow of Awesome- 80s and 90s theme that didn't make the cut the first time around, in their own album. Gimme suggestions, some might make it in.

Awesome 2k- What it says on the tin, Awesome themes from 2000-2009.

GARjin!- themes of people who exemplify the trope of GAR, but who aren't Japanese in origin. Batman, Samurai Jack, Mace Windu, folks like that. Taking suggestions.

And yes, the sonic song is too relaxed for its lyrics. I am dissapointed in the singer.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
REFER TO ICON.

also, Serial Experiments Lain. It's anime, but the song isn't japanese :monster:

and of course... DUCKTALES (woohoo).

Also, Animaniacs, Inspector Gadget, and Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles. The Doug theme was really catchy too.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Looney, please note what's in the EXISTING albums before suggesting themes for the new ones.
However, non redundant ones noted.

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Ahh sorry, I thought some 80s cartoons were 90s ones thus did not think to check for them :P *was not alive for the 80s*

I would also suggest the Clone High theme, even though it's '02. Also, if you're considering non-cartoon themes then there is probably a lot missing.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Clone High can go into the Awesome 2000 album.

BTW, What I'm really looking for is suggestions for GARjin and Awesome 2000, since I've given those ideas less thought. Overflow suggestions are welcome, I just want more for the other two.

Keep in mind- I'm going to be limiting myself to ~20 songs per album, give or take a few depending on length.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Quex, I love how you and I have the same taste in cartoons. <3 SatAM and Gargoyles FTMFW.

However, Goliath Chronicles sucked. yarly :(

And yes, the sonic song is too relaxed for its lyrics. I am dissapointed in the singer.

:facepalm:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
With a song like 'fastest thing alive' about SONIC, no singer should be taking as long a pause between lyrics as that.
A theme like Sonic Heroes is what I expect. Stupidly frenetic, that constantly pumps the energy, giving you no time to think.

Sonic!...
He can really move!
Sonic!...
He's got an attitude!

Doesn't cut it for awesomeness when the defining aspect of the subject matter and the name of the song are blinding speed.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That song is very fitting for the tone of SatAM. That show actually had a good plot, not just Sonic running around all the time like he was on crack. It also aired in the early 90's, you are forgetting what kind of cultural influences it had at the time. You are missing out on your list of awesome if you don't include it.

I am dissapoint, Ryu. :sadpanda:

VERY DISSAPOINT!!!!

Last edited:
With a song like 'fastest thing alive' about SONIC, no singer should be taking as long a pause between lyrics as that.
A theme like Sonic Heroes is what I expect. Stupidly frenetic, that constantly pumps the energy, giving you no time to think.
Doesn't cut it for awesomeness when the defining aspect of the subject matter and the name of the song are blinding speed.

Have to agree. Reminds me of the first time I saw Sonic X. Thought the theme was AMAZING. XP

Also recommendations for Awesome 2000.

I know you already had a TMNT one, but I love this theme.

Undergrads.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Fine.

If you are all going to be poops then you'd better add this one to the list:

It's the only way I'll forgive you. </3

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'd prefer Gundam Wing's theme over the Gundam themes included. But I suppose that's no surprise from me.

Cool list though.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I've never been able to decide whether I like Just Communication or Rhythm Emotion better. I like the video that goes with Just Communication better...but I go back and forth on the actual songs.

As for Sonic SatAM, I love the show but I never liked that song. I never thought about it being slow or relaxed or whatever its just so...cheesy. I know a lot of these shows have cheesy openings, but I noticed Sonic's when I was a kid.

Top Bottom