• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Would Take 40 Years

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
Well... at least this way you can show your grandkids the ropes when it first comes out. >_>

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
If they just stopped talking about it all the time and got to work, they'd probably be done by now.

Son Goku

It's my stomach, I'm hungry.
AKA
mugennagama
...:shifty:
xzibit-joker-why-so-serious.jpg

Son Goku

It's my stomach, I'm hungry.
AKA
mugennagama
I would suggest not even talking about a remake, unless it is officially confirmed. This got hilarious and It really gets on the nerves of some people it seems.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I wouldn't mind them talking about it if they actually said something new. Every time it's brought up, it's the same message in slightly different words.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
You know, it bothers me that they took so long to make a game with so little meat to it. I know they fumbled with the hardware a bit, but geez.

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
I wonder, though, if they're finally taking into account all the extra time they usually take. If not... it should be about twenty more years, at least, for the game to come out.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
What a load of crap. It wouldn't take a company with that much talent and resources more than 2-3 years to remake an existing product. Why they're so determined to let demand erode as the other compilation entries drift out of their market's consciousness is beyond me.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Judging from the content of XIII, It looks like they really mean it'll take 40 years to make :oscar:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I love how these idiots basically keep saying "the FF games of olde are dead because games in the oldschool style now take 500 years to make, we can only make cheap, linear shit without towns and exploration now HERP DERP".

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I love how these idiots basically keep saying "the FF games of olde are dead because games in the oldschool style now take 500 years to make, we can only make cheap, linear shit without towns and exploration now HERP DERP".

Goddamn, are you my brother?

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Why are they giving such ridiculous timescales for how long a remake would take to make? Seriously though, any chance of them pulling their finger out and just giving a straight forward answer instead of all this pissin about because its starting to get really old.

Isn't the compilation supposed to end on FFVII's 20th anniversary anyway or something along those lines, so if it does wouldn't it make sense to have that as the final compilation piece? IF they do a remake well then they've around seven years to get it done in so I say less talking more action.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Seifer Almasy, DanielReturns
In that case don't make it in that level of quality.

- We don't need 10000 cutscenes all in super high HD

If you cut out those and stick to sane, and more realistic storytelling, it won't take anywhere near as long as XIII.

What exactly are they saying here? That to get the same quality game as 1997, is impossible?

That in 13 years we have gone backwards?

What tosh. What this boils down to is the problem that is invading games at the moment. The belief that it all MUST be 720p with 10000 cutscenes.

Hey. maybe if you weren't polishing single rocks for 3 days, you might stand a chance?

Anyway, I am personally glad that they won't be remaking it, as they will do exactly as many of us fear: Ruin it with bloated cutscenes and gimmickry. It is kind of funny for me actually, my number 1 problem with them remaking is that they would go over the top with HD graphics and leave out the substance, and it is the graphics themselves that are stopping them remaking it.

What an irony!

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Okay, read the actual article. It was supposed to be an interview about XIII, not VII, so blame the idiot reporter who actually brought it up for this comment. Which quite frankly, haven't most of these comments been the result of some reporter bringing the question up randomly in an interview about something else? Funny how this one comment is getting all the attention when the actually interview was about a completely different game.

But I digress. Game reporters need to stop asking, and sites need to just stop reporting. They are just as if not more guilty of trying to run the idea into the ground.

Also, SE staff needs to start refusing to answer such questions. lol A good ol' "No comment" would be nice. But then, I'm sure the internet would explode and take that to mean that they really are doing it, not that they could possibly just be getting sick of being asked that same question over and over. :P

Maybe Kitase needs to go talk to their PR reps and get a lesson in not pissing people off. XD Either way I'm doubting he was actually being literally when he said ten times as long.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I too think they're being facetious about the '10 times as long' thing. Still, it's getting pretty irritating to hear.

Top Bottom