• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Would Take 40 Years

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Tell the nerd news sites to stop asking, then.

But it probably won't happen. It's a hot topic that gets attention and gets people to read their articles when otherwise no one would. Same thing happens IRL. News agencies always latch on to the hot topic of the moment and run it into the ground for the sake of viewership.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Nobody gives a shit about FFXIII. I hope Kitase gets FFVII-remake-rolled in every interview until it happens.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Well, if they took 3 days to polish a rock, it's not a surprise they would take 30 to 40 years to remake FFVII. I mean, did you see how many shining rocks(Materia) exist in that game? :monster:

VyseLegend said:
SE should just give a press release where they admit they no longer can conceive of a quality original RPG title ever again.

This.
It seems the guys at SE lost their talent in making good RPGs, and are now just graphic-whores.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
It's funny how SE has admitted that their older games were better than XIII in a roundabout way.

If they can only make pretty RPGs that masturbate 50 percent of the time, no thanks

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I've come to believe that they didn't lose their talent, but that their talent was making great 90's style RPGs. The industry passed them by.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
but that their talent was making great 90's style RPGs. The industry passed them by.

Considering that a lot of the people I know, including myself, are begging for those old school RPGs (in a new flavor, of course), I think, with all due respect, that's a load of bunk.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I love them too, but we're a healthy niche market at best. The industry and market at large is not interested in that style. And SE is succumbing to the mentality that drove 3D Realms insane: they're obsessed with releasing games that are graphically the absolute state of the art. There's no way they devote resources to us.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
The industry and market at large is not interested in that style.

So where is all these people? It seems unanimous to me that everyone is unimpressed with SE's current direction and would rather them go back to the old shit.

Hell, just look at the demand for a remake, for example.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I love them too, but we're a healthy niche market at best. The industry and market at large is not interested in that style. And SE is succumbing to the mentality that drove 3D Realms insane: they're obsessed with releasing games that are graphically the absolute state of the art. There's no way they devote resources to us.

I don't really agree with this. There's a shitload of fans that want RPGs like FF6-9 but realised in current gen technology.

It seems like on every board I go to there's a good amount of people calling for more of them. I don't really think it's niche perse.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Also, FFS I don't even want it to have graphics like FF13, if they could make it look like FFXII did in HD, I'd be happy.

I know I'd like to see it in HD with graphics like Uncharted 2, I mean look at the world ND built in one year, but I know SE is too inept to come close to that without taking forever. I'm confident that with 3 years and access to all the original material and shit, ND could remake FF7. I have that much faith in their skill.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I don't think a group of vocal posters online is "everyone" but it's not like I have numbers to back it up either. I guess we'll have to disagree. At any rate, I don't see SE ever going back down that path, they would rather dictate to their market.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I don't think a group of vocal posters online is "everyone" but it's not like I have numbers to back it up either.

DERP.

Obviously it isn't, and I didn't mean that it was for fucks sake. My point is the demand is obviously there, and the people that bought millions of these games about 7 years ago haven't gone anywhere, they're still here, and wondering why their genre has suddenly turned to bunk.

At any rate, I don't see SE ever going back down that path, they would rather dictate to their market.

These people ARE their market, and they've been ignoring them for the most part in favor of trying to pull in new people. Unless you're referring to the retarded "we only make games for teenagers" bullshit they were spewing about their target demographic, then you're probably right.

Last edited:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I don't think a group of vocal posters online is "everyone"

Here's something for you to chew on. S-E once asked its fans via Twitter if they would like to see a remake. The response was so overwhelming their Twitter page actually overloaded.

And this considering only Japan!

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Here's something for you to chew on. S-E once asked its fans via Twitter if they would like to see a remake. The response was so overwhelming their Twitter page actually overloaded.

And this considering only Japan!

Right. Everyone wants a FF7 remake, they're brain damaged for not pursuing it.

I'm talking about making new games in the 90's style, i.e. they looked and played like FF6, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, old FF7, and other games that made up their golden years. Would there be nearly as big a market now as back then?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Would there be nearly as big a market now as back then?

If they were good games, hell yes. Look what happened with ME2. It was barely on the public radar, then all of a sudden everyone loved it and ME1 fans were like "told ya".

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I'm talking about making new games in the 90's style, i.e. they looked and played like FF6, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, old FF7, and other games that made up their golden years. Would there be nearly as big a market now as back then?

Longer response in a moment: I firmly believe that Chrono Trigger alone would do unimaginable things for SE. That fanbase is HUGE. And ACTIVE.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Seifer Almasy, DanielReturns
If it is a choice between another FF game like VII with VII graphics (it wouldn't be, even in worst case scenario) and another FFXIII with its bloated graphics,

It doesn't take Einstein to work out which one I would want.

Aki

he are sick
To be honest they could just use the engine that they used to make XIII, and a flashy version of the old basic VII battle system. Keep the fans happy, spew a game out in a few years and make a shit load of money of vii fan boys

Aki

he are sick
oh and also half the character models are their if they can use the same software that they made ACC on to transfer them into the xiii engine?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
the models they used in ACC are way too high poly for consoles

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Square-Enix is dead. Long live Bioware.

Thank God one company won't have me wait half my lifespan to play a decent fucking RPG. I really appreciate that.

Top Bottom