• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.45]

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
So who else got accepted? I just got my Beta invite today! Woot, we should have a XIV thread :D. Hoping other people got an invite :D

Mod Edit: All FFXIV threads merged 20-OCT-2017.
Mod Edit: Title changed to reflect current patch; 25-MAY-2019
Mod Edit: Title changed to reflect current expansion; 27-JUN-2019

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
60% Done with Downloading the Game....28 Gigabytes... 16 hours downloading so far lmao!

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I only got something saying that I can pre-order it.

But fuck it, I'm not going to play it. Too much grind.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
http://kotaku.com/5596917/final-fan...rns-against-putting-your-manhood-in-the-forge

This pretty much just made my day.

Rating said:
This is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) in which players navigate a large cast of characters that engage in missions and fight the forces of evil. Players explore environments (e.g., cities, plains, caves) and battle human and fantasy creatures. Players use swords, spears, axes, firearms, and magic spells (e.g., fire balls, energy beams) to defeat enemies in real-time combat. Cutscenes depict a man being stabbed from behind, and creatures emitting splashes of purple or yellow blood when struck. Some female characters are depicted from low camera angles, with lingering camera views of their buttocks (i.e., up-skirt shots). Dialogue contains suggestive references; for example, "The netmaster's probably up in his office polishing the mast just thinking about her," "stick yer manhood in the forge," and "You cheating little whore!" Several characters are referred to as drunk or drunken, while others sometimes talk about wine, rum, and grog. The word "shit" can be heard in the dialogue.

:awesomonster:

X :neo:

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Quite cool actually. If you've played FFXI this is like 10 steps up in the battle system, they are still working with UI and many lag issues currently at the moment. I really like, changing jobs requires you to change armor (I think, I've yet to do this, Lv. 28 Puglist) I've really been enjoying it, only problem in the beginning is so many people kill the mobs, they don't respawn fast enough so you're really like "What's going on?" I mean there is only a small patch or area in each map to kill low level stuff and you have 40 people camping to kill one rabbit.

But it's beta, they are learning to fix it. =)

Edit: Oh yes, there is a lot of cussing, like "pissed, sh*t" and so forth. Had a Miqo'te ask if anyone of the man's sailors had any balls to set out into the storm in a boat. I was like 'SOOO hawt." she's a ruthless bitch! <3

Attachments

• bit3.jpg
    bit3.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 10
  • bit5.jpg
    bit5.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 12
  • bit1.jpg
    bit1.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I only got something saying that I can pre-order it.

But fuck it, I'm not going to play it. Too much grind.

What the hell are you talking about?

The whole fucking game discourages grind, to the point of absurdity.

You only get 8 hours of play a week before you get heavy experience and status effect penalties, thereby limiting how long you can play and gain full experience. You get penalized by a status called "fatigue."

Has anyone run into that during the Beta testing yet?

crack

Donator
If SE doesn't plan on dropping the fatigue system, they're dumber than I thought.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
If SE doesn't plan on dropping the fatigue system, they're dumber than I thought.

They have no intention to. Its their attempt at making the game "user friendly" and something that won't negatively impact the lives of their gamers.

...While of course ensuring that it takes as long as possible to do anything.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
They have no intention to. Its their attempt at making the game "user friendly" and something that won't negatively impact the lives of their gamers.

...While of course ensuring that it takes as long as possible to do anything.

This is the true reason.

8 hours / week of 'optimal' leveling means that people will spend those 8 hours grinding like a motherfucker to get as much leveling as possible (if that's how it works, if it's determined by actions, nevermind), whilst at the same time stunting the average level growth of all players, lengthening the time people reach the maximum level and endgame content.

It'll still be grind, just with a smarmy story stuck to it making people think it's not.

I'll bet on it that the first mission will be to kill 10 rats.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
You just want to start at level 100 and just go around fragging people for their shit.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I would if I actually managed to be any good in pvp in any game, :monster:.

I've seen my friend play arena on WoW (and supposedly he's rather good), I'd never be able to keep up.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Oooo Open Beta is out fo me

/slow

Top Bottom