• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Bleach (Manga Spoilers Not Tagged) [WSJ]

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Nope, Kubo shown in the doodles in between chapter of the tankoubon that Kenpachi found her and she feigned to be still knocked out because she was scared XD

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Nope, Kubo shown in the doodles in between chapter of the tankoubon that Kenpachi found her and she feigned to be still knocked out because she was scared XD
omg rly? I have not seen a lot of the in-between sketches. D: Well, at least I hope we'll get to see Nel in the future, I adore her.

Xinda

Memento Mori
I always assumed Nel/Neliel was alive.

And, I have hope for Grimmjow - even though he was last seen lying in the giant litter box in Hueco Mundo (Awful joke, sorry)

@ Eerie - would you mind sharing...? Or maybe know where I can see that? (It's not that I don't believe you, I just really want to see that XD)

@ Tali'Zorah - I like your "hope" - that would be nice to happen.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Hueco Mundo

4Sx1P.jpg

/Forever Laughing./

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I've looked for it but couldn't find it - I saw it in French, while looking through the volume that was just released back then. But I don't buy Bleach in order, so yeah X'D

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I actually could not watch the first film, Senna's JP voice was way too high pitched for me. Actually, generally, I don't watch the anime or films, period. Cause generally, I don't give two shits. :awesome:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
There's going to be a One Shot tie-in manga to the Hell movie next week, along with the normal chapter.

This week's chapter wasn't that bad, and seems to be moving things in an interesting direction.
It's nice to see some more familiar faces finally, but no surprise that there appears to be Reiatsu with Ichigo. Did it not occur to him in the last year and a half that his dad knew about the Final Getsuga Tensho technique, but still had his Shinigami powers?

X :neo:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Ichigo's a bit slow sometimes XD

I found it already awesome that he didn't believe in the shit that dude's spouting hahaha XDD

Also, dibs on Inoue is not in love with Ichigo anymore. Oh and, she's freaking cute. And that's coming from someone who doesn't like her. XD

Also bet Karin sensed that Ichigo's powers are returning and/or the new guy around Ichigo XD Hence why she's at Urahara XD [Ururu too is super cute XD].

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Related to that, I was always annoyed that Tatsuki is one of the only people in the series who has any background connection with Ichigo, and her character has pretty much been wasted thus far and excluded from really participating in any meaningful way. REALLY hoping that changes now.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
I found it already awesome that he didn't believe in the shit that dude's spouting hahaha XDD

Also, dibs on Inoue is not in love with Ichigo anymore. Oh and, she's freaking cute. And that's coming from someone who doesn't like her. XD

Also bet Karin sensed that Ichigo's powers are returning and/or the new guy around Ichigo XD Hence why she's at Urahara XD [Ururu too is super cute XD].
Not meaning to start a ship war but how do you even get she's no longer in love with him? All she says is 'I'M GONNA GO SAVE ICHIGO!', then Ishida tells her not to worry cause the lady who kidnapped Ichigo was his boss.

UGH UGH UGH I WANT TATSUKI TO DO SOMETHING IMPORTANT IN THIS PLZ PLZ PLZ MAKE IT SO NUMBAH ONE

ahaha ichigo likes chocolate what a doof

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
That's been my theory since ch425 - there is actually ZERO tension from Inoue to Ichigo [and well, Ichigo to Inoue has always been deader than death XD]. I mean, since chapter 02 of this manga, we had Inoue's longing glances, her blush, her stuttering around him.

Even if she grew up, there should still be longing glances. Fact: she treats Ichigo just like she treats Tatsuki or Ishida. I probably have tons of other interesting details, like how she changed her hair - this being always a big decision for her, I find this interesting - or how Kubo deliberatly chose to draw a cherry instead of a strawberry on her cupcake - cakes with strawberries are more quite common after all it wouldn't have been that shocking.

It just looks to me that she's very casual about Ichigo, she doesn't keep tabs on him - she doesn't know where Ichigo works or for who, while Tatsuki obviously helped him at least once with Ikumi when he was in a pinch. And that's not something a girl in love would do. While she could have grown up, all the other signs point out towards her not acting the same at all around or with Ichigo.

And ah yeah. She was also unable to recognize Ichigo's reiatsu - she did feel it - while Ishida wasn't fooled for a second.

I'm not saying that because I'm mean, I'm saying this because I think this is the greatest change AND chance for Inoue's character. While this is what I always advocated for Inoue - to not be in love anymore, to be able to stand on her two feet for herself and not a friend or a guy, to be just herself - HM arc happened in one freaking day, so no way she'd get over him during that time. But since then, 17 months have passed and yeah, everything point out towards this now.

Ichigo loving chocolate is nothing new, it's in his profile from volume 01 XD

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Related to that, I was always annoyed that Tatsuki is one of the only people in the series who has any background connection with Ichigo, and her character has pretty much been wasted thus far and excluded from really participating in any meaningful way. REALLY hoping that changes now.

Can not thank this post enough.

I think that Karin visited Urahara because she wants training - she does have decent reiatsu levels, after all, and she's a natural fighter.

And looks like we're going to be getting some backstory on Isshin, which is super. I've always wondered why he deserted the Gotei.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Can not thank this post enough.

I think that Karin visited Urahara because she wants training - she does have decent reiatsu levels, after all, and she's a natural fighter.

And looks like we're going to be getting some backstory on Isshin, which is super. I've always wondered why he deserted the Gotei.

SO glad that I'm not the only person who feels this way. Seriously, Chad's the only person who's even kind of Ichigo's friend for background reasons pre-spiritual superpowers. Ishida & Orihime are just classmates or friends of friends when they're introduced, and I honestly didn't care about most of the relationships for a LONG time, because I didn't really understand why they had vested interest in each other. It still kinda bothers me about the Bleach main cast, though it's better with the interrelationships of the Shinigami, because they actually have histories together.

I had declared (at the time) that if she died in fake Karakura Town, I would probably stop reading Bleach altogether, because of how thoroughly that would have wasted her character. I'm hoping that locks in a little bit more, and they develop the friendships and backgrounds mroe. It doesn't seem like he's really hung out with them much in the year and a half since then, although he might've been bitter about his power loss, and had to be dealing with real life, while they super heroed around. Either way, I think that it was a bold move to re-ground the series and start the way they are. It feels almost like a soft reboot, and not like a continuation like Shippuden did.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
That's been my theory since ch425 - there is actually ZERO tension from Inoue to Ichigo [and well, Ichigo to Inoue has always been deader than death XD]. I mean, since chapter 02 of this manga, we had Inoue's longing glances, her blush, her stuttering around him.

Even if she grew up, there should still be longing glances. Fact: she treats Ichigo just like she treats Tatsuki or Ishida. I probably have tons of other interesting details, like how she changed her hair - this being always a big decision for her, I find this interesting - or how Kubo deliberatly chose to draw a cherry instead of a strawberry on her cupcake - cakes with strawberries are more quite common after all it wouldn't have been that shocking.

It just looks to me that she's very casual about Ichigo, she doesn't keep tabs on him - she doesn't know where Ichigo works or for who, while Tatsuki obviously helped him at least once with Ikumi when he was in a pinch. And that's not something a girl in love would do. While she could have grown up, all the other signs point out towards her not acting the same at all around or with Ichigo.

And ah yeah. She was also unable to recognize Ichigo's reiatsu - she did feel it - while Ishida wasn't fooled for a second.

I'm not saying that because I'm mean, I'm saying this because I think this is the greatest change AND chance for Inoue's character. While this is what I always advocated for Inoue - to not be in love anymore, to be able to stand on her two feet for herself and not a friend or a guy, to be just herself - HM arc happened in one freaking day, so no way she'd get over him during that time. But since then, 17 months have passed and yeah, everything point out towards this now.
So... her being friends with Ichigo negates everything from 237 despite nothing she's actually said in regards to this? Uh, hokey den.

I love it when it's SO HORRIBLE for Orihime to be in love with Ichigo but so much better when she's in love with someone else. She's never just been some girl in love with Ichigo, she's been the genki girl, the healer of the group. I hate when people are like 'well if she just got over the hero, she'd be such a better character!' It's half the reason why Ginny is so vilified in HP fandom.

And I realize no one really like Orihime, and I am quite possibly one of her few fans on this forum, but really? Shippy shit leik this just makes me facepalm.

in other news WHEN DID URURU BECOME THE SCHOOL CUTIE WOT

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
D: I love Orihime, even though I'm a big IshidaxInoue fan. Why is it so horrible for her to be in love with Ichigo?

URURU HAS ALWAYS BEEN ADORABLE. And awesome, when she goes all crazy-trance and beats the shit outta Hollows.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
D: I love Orihime, even though I'm a big IshidaxInoue fan. Why is it so horrible for her to be in love with Ichigo?

URURU HAS ALWAYS BEEN ADORABLE. And awesome, when she goes all crazy-trance and beats the shit outta Hollows.
BUT NOW SHE'S LIKE THE CLASS IDOL I DID NOT EVEN RECALL IF SHE PROPERLY WENT TO SCHOOL

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
And I realize no one really like Orihime, and I am quite possibly one of her few fans on this forum, but really? Shippy shit leik this just makes me facepalm.

ILU Aki. We can be Orihime lovers together. BD I really do adore her character, I always have, and I still do. :/ I don't get why so many people hate her. And whenever I do ask for a reason (dangerous business, because you know rabid Bleach fans will GET ON YOUR NUTS), it's always "Omg, do you hear how many times she says 'kuro-sakiKun' in one episode? She's sooooo stoopid lolololz". .___. It's more hate for the 'weak' female character, like Kairi or... whatever. Ruining some other ship. In this case, IchiRuki. If Orihime isn't a huge threat at all, y u mad tho?

Anyway, though IchiHime officially won me over after I saw that fucking in your face IchiHime episode ( 5 lifetimes one love betches? ), I still like Orihime with other characters. And I still like Ichigo with other characters. People get REALLY upset about that though. Take some chill pills folks. XD

Ishida x Hime is adorable, btw. I love it too. T__T <3

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Why is it really horrible if Inoue gets over Ichigo? IchiOri ain't gonna happen, I think it's quite clear. Especially after ch423 -__- Not to mention:

While not canon, I'm certain it does show Kubo's intent pretty well. :monster:

Me not liking Inoue has nothing to do with IchiOri. Well, it has, in a way that she used to be obsessed with Ichigo, and that made her character self-centered, and fail in so many ways - she was not a good friend anymore, she could never live up to her promises, she was only doing things for Ichigo. This is why Japanese fandom hates her, and I had a lot of problems with Inoue character because of this. While Ginny used to be like this when she was... 11, she grew past it pretty fast, which did wonder to her character.

The reason why I enjoy this Inoue has nothing to do with shipping either, it's because she's FINALLY herself, AND a good friend. IchiOri has never been a threat, since ch237 I knew it was bound to fall (fandom hanging on the ch237 confession is puzzling to me - why would her fans want Inoue to be miserable is beyond me). Girl confessing in shounen halfway through the manga is never a good idea for the ship. There are plenty of Inoue in shounen history, and having Inoue moving on allows her character to grow. Inoue changed, that much is certain; and I do believe that Kubo is pushing IshiOri and Inoue love (in the sense he wants us the fans to love Inoue again).

Also if you read what I said, I don't really ship her with anyone, being herself, standing on her two feet, standing up for herself and not for a boy was what I wanted for her. This is what her love for Ichigo prevented her to be - if IchiOri had been meant to be, her love would have make her a better character, but it made her worse. I honestly love Ishida to death, so no, during HM arc, the last thing that I wanted was for him to inherit such a broken girl. :monster:

Now that this is behind though, I can clearly see Kubo pushing IshiOri. Those are vague hints, but each beginning of arc is a hint of what's going to happen, characters-wise, so it's very important to look at them closely. Compare beginning of HM arc with beginning of this one, and you'll see why people think Inoue is over Ichigo. She is so casual about him - that's good friendship, not love. While a mature girl in love with a guy would be more worried than what Inoue showed us.

As X-Soldier said, this is a reboot. Things feel the same, but things have changed. I do believe it's necessary for Inoue to have moved on, on a simply basic manner - Kubo will not want to focus on Inoue's love for Ichigo when he's about to push the IchiRuki romance (what ch423 hinted pretty heavily, and ch424 with that). Bleach is shounen, not shoujo after all.

Also, to end this, there is nothing that I wanted more than to enjoy her scenes - and lo and behold, here I do. Just for that, I'm thankful. XD

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Why is it really horrible if Inoue gets over Ichigo?

To me, it's not. I don't mind IchiRuki at all, in fact I quite like that pairing. Considering I love all three characters, and I thought the proof for both was pretty evenly balanced. I could never really make a decision. I decided IchiHime finally, it's just heart warming. I'm a real sucker for romance and that adorable butterfly feeling. IchiHime gives me the feeling of Nero and Kyrie (not just because they have the same voice actors either xD ) , epic love story.

Haters gon' hate! Characters have flaws, why that is unheard of. xD While I disagree, at least the explanation is better than "Oh em gee she's annoying". But I know that you're better than that anyways, Syn. BD *stabs Ginny with a knife* The fact that Orihime is being compared to Ginny is quite depressing to me. I see no resemblance. Zero. Alright, they have similar hair.. that's all. I have not seen the Japanese fandom hating her, only here in America. <XD I don't know about other countries, but I thought Japanese fans seemed to like her quite well when I browse fanart sites and such. She's always held in high regard it seems, and Rukia as well. I see no reason to hate either woman - both are flawed, but both are also very good characters in their own ways. Doing things for one person while yes, is selfish, is admirable. It's the same thing Tifa did for Cloud in FFVII nothing else matters, only Cloud. When your love is deep, only one person exists to you. It's a feeling that is hard to fight. Orihime confesses her love of Ichigo and then is kidnapped and mentally abused and tortured. This... is Ishihime proof? XD
&
Woah. WOAH. Inherit a broken girl? Is Orihime now merchandise, a toy? <XD What a shame that Ishida must now inherit Ichigo's broken doll. My bad - she IS a woman after all, and what else are women good for? :awesome:

Shounen is not without love. That is not what defines shounen, lol. There are plenty out there with good love stories contained within them, so I wouldn't so quickly push the idea of love away just because it is shonen.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Why is it really horrible if Inoue gets over Ichigo? IchiOri ain't gonna happen, I think it's quite clear. Especially after ch423 -__- Not to mention:

Because of an emotional goodbye? You can totally like Ichigo and Rukia. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with liking Ichigo and Orihime or Ichigo and Tatsuki or Ichigo and Ikumi or Ichigo and what the fuck ever. You can always interpret that Ichigo is in love with blah character depending on what ship you see. Hell, I could pull up a couple of artspreads and be like 'LOOK CLEARLY KUBO IS GOING FOR ICHIHIME/RENRUKI.' But that doesn't mean he's suddenly going to go for it.

You can think you ship what the author wants, but until he comes out and is like like 'this is what I intended for people to ship' there's nothing making it more valid than any other ship.

ALSO LOL JAPANESE PEOPLE DON'T RIKE ORIHIME. Must be why they voted her for sixth place as a top favorite character. CAUSE OF HOW MUCH THEY LOATHE HER.

This is what her love for Ichigo prevented her to be - if IchiOri had been meant to be, her love would have make her a better character, but it made her worse. I honestly love Ishida to death, so no, during HM arc, the last thing that I wanted was for him to inherit such a broken girl.
He did? I saw her doing... you know, pretty much the exact same thing that Rukia was doing. And being a sixteen year old girl.

OH RIGHT I FORGOT SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE KICKING PEOPLE'S ASSES, TAKING NAMES! BUT THAT DUMB BITCH JUST WOULDN'T PAY ATTENTION TO ISHIDA/UKELALA AND WAS ALL LIKE 'NOOOOOOOOOOOO KUROSAKI KUNNNNN'.

Cause if she didn't like Ichigo it'd be all better. Hooooo the ravings of an angry shipper.

Kubo will not want to focus on Inoue's love for Ichigo when he's about to push the IchiRuki romance (what ch423 hinted pretty heavily, and ch424 with that).
Or it could just as easily be friendship. A deep, meaningful friendship, but friendship none the less. THERE'S A REASON THE THEME OF HER MOVIE WAS NAKAMA.

Last edited:

Splintered

unsavory tart
Hey, fellow Orihime fans! <3

Well, it has, in a way that she used to be obsessed with Ichigo, and that made her character self-centered, and fail in so many ways - she was not a good friend anymore, she could never live up to her promises, she was only doing things for Ichigo.
lol. Of all the reasons to hate Orihime, being self centered and a bad friend isn't one of them.

Yeah, Orihime did a lot for Ichigo, but that doesn't mean that she totally ignored her friends. It just meant at that time, the plot and story revolved a lot around him. Orihime didn't just sacrifice herself for Ichigo, she did it for her friends.

It's unfair to say that just because one person holds a special place in her heart, that means she considers everyone else ignorable.

Why is it really horrible if Inoue gets over Ichigo?
I have no problem if Inoue gets over Ichigo. But as of now, no, not when there's so much emotional tie-in to this. It'll be like if, let's say, Hinata confesses to Naruto, and then Naruto doesn't respond to it at all. Remember how horrible that was? It was stupid not be addressed. It's part of her character story. It's a small part, but it still is.

I'm tired of manga-ka's leaving character's subplot unfinished.
IchiOri ain't gonna happen
tbh I feel this way too. I just don't think that it's smart to just be like AND OH AFTER THAT ENTIRE ARC ORIHIME DOESN'T CARE ANYMORE LOL PROBLEM SOLVED.

But fuck it, I don't want to get involved with Bleach's massive failure of a ship war. But it's a shame fans have to suffer through their favorite character getting shit on, or jump into their LTD and play in this shit pile.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
But fuck it, I don't want to get involved with Bleach's massive failure of a ship war. But it's a shame fans have to suffer through their favorite character getting shit on, or jump into their LTD and play in this shit pile.
tbh I just wish someone could be like 'Hey I like Rukia/feel that Ichigo/Rukia is gonna be canon, but if you like Orihime that's cool too!' I realize that this is one of the wankiest fandoms since HP and FF7 but it's really the fans who make it that way. If everyone just got over their ship and saw that a whole ton of ships have valid reasoning/no one thinks their favorite character is fail, it'd be hella calmer.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
tbh I just wish someone could be like 'Hey I like Rukia/feel that Ichigo/Rukia is gonna be canon, but if you like Orihime that's cool too!'

Hey, I really like Rukia's character and I feel that IchiRuki is gonna be canon, but Orihime is also really awesome and IchiHime is adorable.

I'd also like to say that Rukia/Orihime friendship is quite possibly AWESOME.

Actually, Bleach is really the only fandom where I can ship almost any male/female pairing out there (and I mean any pairing - IkkakuxTatsuki, anyone? Or some MatsumotoxUkitake?), and though I prefer certain pairings I still enjoy all of them.

Which makes me all the more :sadpanda: when people get retarded over the ship wars.

Anyways, I'm hoping that in this arc we'll eventually get to see Isshin's, Yamamoto's, Kyouraku's, Ukitake's, and Unohana's bankai. I was rather disappointed we never got to see them during the fake Karakura town action.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
@Rin: I don't want to dwelve into what is epic love story, to me IchiRuki is my OTP of OTP as I think no pairing even in shoujo can top this. Not even CloTi which I adore and is my game only pairing. Ichigo and Rukia and their relationship and how it evolves is flawless to me. Actually, I admire Kubo for being able to write such a pairing in SJ XD

Also, Inoue is more hated in Japan than in the western fandom. I think she's the second most hated female after Sakura in Naruto, which tells a lot. Once in Jump Festa, an Inoue fan asked a question regarding her to Kubo, and she was immediately boo-ed [no, I'm not joking]. That was pretty bad x__x A friend of mine who loves her [she's her favourite character] told me that when she discusses Bleach with a Japanese fans, she never says that she loves Inoue because if she mentions that, chances are high that said fan can go pretty batshit insane about her. Fanart sites actually don't reflect the fandom opinion on her character x__x I think fanartists are probably amongst the nicest fans in fandom, except some rare cases. On the other hand, Rukia is one of the most beloved characters in all SJ, so yeah.

You might think that my reasons are weird, but these reasons are what put off most of the Japanese fans too. It's not so much a matter of "Kurosaki-kun" [they will make fun of everything anyway] than a matter of how the character was shown. In ch248 [or was it 249?] when she only thanked Ichigo to come saving her... that alone spanned 4000+ messages in her anti-thread in 2ch [they jumped from 5 versions that day]. It may seem a bit too much, but that's exactly where I'm getting at; Kubo has not been depicting her in a good light in the HM arc, and he knew it perfectly. I am quite fascinated with Inoue's development and how he took the risk to depict a good character in a bad way - but I also perfectly know that this Inoue is not meant to stay, she's just growing up. I have always been full of hopes for Inoue, on many levels, and sometimes I think I expect better for her than what some of her fans do [what I read on the net is sometimes terrifying XD].

Doing things for one person while yes, is selfish, is admirable. It's the same thing Tifa did for Cloud in FFVII nothing else matters, only Cloud.
See, I could have thought so, IF Inoue had been able to help out Ichigo. But she was only his downfall. Tifa, while she was part of Cloud's downfall [and even not fully, since there are many circumstances], was also the one who made everything better for Cloud - and I still have mixed feelings about Tifa abandoning the world for Cloud so yeah ;)

It did not happen with IchiOri. She made him fall, and wondered why she kept relying on him [a very important question, as it was not the first time she wondered that]. Inoue fell, and so did Ichigo, and she did nothing to help him. Worst, she failed to see how badly he was affected - for her, as long as he was physically OK, he was ok. Just like for him, as long as she's physically ok, then she's OK. I personally feel that those two characters during the HM arc brought out the worst of each other, and were never able to redeem this bad thing that could have made them work.

Instead, the girl shares a meaningful moment with the bad guy, and the guy remembers how another girl's words ease him before sharing a heartbreaking goodbye with same girl. Where is the meaningful moment between Ichigo and Inoue? That was an arc centered around Inoue, it should have happened. Don't tell me there was no time, Ichigo shared meaningful moments admist the craziest times in SS with Rukia. This is what I'm talking about. There's something amiss with IchiOri. It could have worked like CloTi, but it never did. Now the time is past that.

Orihime confesses her love of Ichigo and then is kidnapped and mentally abused and tortured. This... is Ishihime proof? XD
I don't think I ever said that. XD Ch237 to me nailed that IchiOri was never meant to be. Then again, I have read and watched shitloads of shounen and read shitloads [like, you have no idea just how many] shoujo and this is how I felt while reading it.
Mentally abused and tortured? I don't think so - UlqOri relied on way more than that, and to Aizen she wasn't even a toy. And also, just because IchiOri is not going to happen does not make IshiOri more likely. XD I have never said that. IshiOri is being pushed since the new arc, and that's what I thought while reading the last chapter. I'm not saying it's lurve or anything, but I see hints of them - they already had great chemistry and shared a lot of things, which I think helps to cement while not being necessarily the proof. It's up to Kubo whether to develop them or not, but it's my belief that he does like this pairing and he will expand on it. To me, and for a long time, IshiOri has been the Inoue ending pairing, hinted or canon.

Woah. WOAH. Inherit a broken girl? Is Orihime now merchandise, a toy? <XD What a shame that Ishida must now inherit Ichigo's broken doll. My bad - she IS a woman after all, and what else are women good for?
Yes, Inoue was broken during the HM arc - she is no more though - and I wouldn't want any guy to be paired up with her at that time because I feel it would be UNFAIR to the guy to have to endure such shit. It's the truth and the reason why I could never ship her seriously during those past years. Sorry if I think a girl has to stand up on her two feet for herself rather than moping and crying all the time. :monster:

Shounen is not without love. That is not what defines shounen, lol. There are plenty out there with good love stories contained within them, so I wouldn't so quickly push the idea of love away just because it is shonen.
I perfectly know that shounen is not without love - but love, especially in a shounen like Bleach, is LIMITED. Like, VERY LIMITED. That's what Kubo meant when he said that there is more to his characters than love [which was a stab at Inoue's love BTW, since that was all that defined her during the HM arc and also the reason why I thought that she would definitely change for the better]. Love IS happening along the way - especially since Kubo writes for his characters - but it's not the central plot, and will never be.

That is why I think it's necessary for Inoue to have moved on - or else it would be too much drama from love story, which is not what Kubo aims for. His love drama is good, but in limited doses usually. Inoue was an exception, but now that he is going into the IchiRuki relationship, he will not want any interference. That's how I always saw him act. Just like RenRuki died after the SS arc - but in Inoue's case, since she voiced out her feelings, her moving on needs to be voiced or written in some way too.

Tali said:
Because of an emotional goodbye? You can totally like Ichigo and Rukia. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with liking Ichigo and Orihime or Ichigo and Tatsuki or Ichigo and Ikumi or Ichigo and what the fuck ever. You can always interpret that Ichigo is in love with blah character depending on what ship you see. Hell, I could pull up a couple of artspreads and be like 'LOOK CLEARLY KUBO IS GOING FOR ICHIHIME/RENRUKI.' But that doesn't mean he's suddenly going to go for it.
I never said it was wrong to prefer IchiOri. I'm just saying it's not happening in canon, that's all there is to my statement.

Emotional goodbye with shoujo bubbles, shoujo bubbles that were only seen during Inoue's confession and Momo talking about Aizen back in the beginning of the SS arc? Yes, emotional indeed. It's as if Kubo wants to hint romance here. :monster: Really you can't say it's a goodbye between friends when Renji was not there - on purpose, so that it would only be Ichigo and Rukia, not Ichigo and his shinigami friends. Heck, other nakama are here, and they're getting splendidly ignored too! What is wrong with saying what I see in the panels, I don't even know anymore. Yes I'm blunt so what? I always hated that opinion that there are several ways to read something - not there's only one that the author wants us to get. This separation was more than emotional, it was more than just a goodbye. Proof is, Ichigo is still stuck at that time.

ALSO LOL JAPANESE PEOPLE DON'T RIKE ORIHIME. Must be why they voted her for sixth place as a top favorite character. CAUSE OF HOW MUCH THEY LOATHE HER.

It was 8th place, and western fans were also allowed to vote. I know that some people sent ballots with shitloads of votes for her - and guess what, there are like 50 votes separating the 8th and the 11th place. Meanwhile, Rukia who also got ballots was placed 2nd and would have probably ranked 3rd without the western help - and still thousands of votes ahead the 4th. Don't even go there please. I have been in Bleach fandom for very long and I'm actually quite acquainted with it. I do know a lot of shit people are spouting - like "IchiRuki fans in Japan bullied the IchiOri fanartists, that's why there are so few sites!" which is bullshit. A friend lining up in COmiket saw one IchiOri fanartist, and no one aside one western fan went to buy her doujin. It was pretty sad actually >_< Lining up for UlqOri was huge though - Inoue is liked through the UlqOri pairing, because UlqOri saved Inoue's character at the point where she was at her lowest. Thankfully I don' tthink she'll be like that anymore.

He did? I saw her doing... you know, pretty much the exact same thing that Rukia was doing. And being a sixteen year old girl.
Rukia killed a man she loved. Rukia wanted Ichigo to go back in order to protect him. Rukia had ZERO power, Inoue had her powers.

You know, before Ichigo and Inoue met for the first time in HM, I still remember the theories going on in the IchiOri fandom: "she will tell him to leave her, to get back safely!" Well, so much for acting like Rukia during the SS arc.

OH RIGHT I FORGOT SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE KICKING PEOPLE'S ASSES, TAKING NAMES! BUT THAT DUMB BITCH JUST WOULDN'T PAY ATTENTION TO ISHIDA/UKELALA AND WAS ALL LIKE 'NOOOOOOOOOOOO KUROSAKI KUNNNNN'.
Too bad that's never what I wanted from her. I love when people go batshit on things I never said. I have seen shoujo heroines with no ability to fight showing more stregnth than what Inoue did during the HM arc, and I think it's sad, for a girl who holds so much power.

Did I ever think Inoue would want to kick Espadas' arses? No, I never did. I do think she should have been able to defend herself from the lolies though. This was a time when she could have acted. She also shouldn't have stand back like Ichigo told her to after throwing her shield. What I wanted for her was to try. Not even to win, just to try. To not even try is a sad thing for a shounen girl with the power. Rukia kicked more arses without powers during the first Karakura arc.

This is not about powers. This is about will. I wish fans would recognize this instead of imagining things I did not say.

Cause if she didn't like Ichigo it'd be all better. Hooooo the ravings of an angry shipper.
I'd have to see her as a threat to be an angry shipper. Which I haven't since... eh... 2006/2007? Something like that. I do think her without love is necessary, for a growth of her own character, because her character was so love-centric and self-centered that she was not able to grow past that. To me the Inoue in the HM arc is an Inoue who desperatly tries to grow up, struggles, and falls back because she is left hanging on that hope. See when you talk about Inoue's character, you're kinda force to talk about her love life, when there should be more about her than that.

The Inoue who stands up for herself, who has more confidence, who is a good friend, is the Inoue I see now, and I am much more pleased by this kind of character.

Or it could just as easily be friendship. A deep, meaningful friendship, but friendship none the less. THERE'S A REASON THE THEME OF HER MOVIE WAS NAKAMA.

ORZ nakama? The theme of Rukia's movie is NOT nakama. It's &#32070; aka "kizuna" or "bond". It's a very deep bond, and the word in itself HAS a romantic side to it, that gives the idea of being tied together. Kubo did say "they're not friends nor lovers", which is their current situation and was taken as a description of their current situation in the manga but something that would definitely evolve in the Japanese fandom, but he also did say two month after that he wanted us to see the change in their feelings during the movie.

And what do we see in the movie? Theme of two persons who are connected through several lives and who will always reconnect no matter what, and a hug that lasted a bit too long to be just out of necessary.

Everyone knows FtB is pretty damn romantic, and that we won't have another romance movie because that's not the point in Bleach - I expect loads of quick fights and no romance in the next one BTW.

And again; SHOUJO SPARKLES. They do not lie, especially not in shounen like Bleach.

Splintered said:
lol. Of all the reasons to hate Orihime, being self centered and a bad friend isn't one of them.
For you maybe not, but we all have different kinds of value; it's especially striking with Inoue when Kubo has a wide range of other females who didn't come as bad as Inoue did, even when in love. I <3 Kubo's women, personally.

Yeah, Orihime did a lot for Ichigo, but that doesn't mean that she totally ignored her friends. It just meant at that time, the plot and story revolved a lot around him. Orihime didn't just sacrifice herself for Ichigo, she did it for her friends.
It didn't come like that at all; the fact is that she only thanked Ichigo for coming to save her, failed all expectations while being scared of Ichigo's Vizard form, didn't even try to help him for the longest time, etc, etc. It's as if she was blinded at some point and became another character compared to what she used to be. It's not that the plot revolved around him, it's that her character revolved around him, which I don't see it as a good thing.

It's unfair to say that just because one person holds a special place in her heart, that means she considers everyone else ignorable.
But the thing is, that's what Inoue did and why so many people couldn't have respect for her character. She ignored Tatsuki when she went to HM - OK, I can get along with that, but at least she could have mentioned her in some way - she only thanked him for coming to save her when she could feel everyone's reiatsu, she wanted Ichigo alone to save her and once she was with him, she never had the intent to go to her friends' side - the ones in need of healing, you know? Inoue only saw what was under her eyes, she kinda forgot about the rest - again once she was with Ichigo, before that she could get worried/cry for Chad and Rukia at least; but fear not, they were quickly forgotten. When even Ichigo and Uryuu's VA poke fun at Inoue's character on the dome and make the whole staff behind them laugh, you know that it was pretty bad.

I have no problem if Inoue gets over Ichigo. But as of now, no, not when there's so much emotional tie-in to this. It'll be like if, let's say, Hinata confesses to Naruto, and then Naruto doesn't respond to it at all. Remember how horrible that was? It was stupid not be addressed. It's part of her character story. It's a small part, but it still is.

I'm tired of manga-ka's leaving character's subplot unfinished.
But you see, I do think that we're going to get some input from Inoue later on. When things will get more dangerous, we definitely will have that. It's simply that right now is not the time for it, as most of the POV is going through Ichigo's eyes. I also think that she's bound to protect Ichigo, in order to finally fulfill her promise to herself. *nods*

tbh I feel this way too. I just don't think that it's smart to just be like AND OH AFTER THAT ENTIRE ARC ORIHIME DOESN'T CARE ANYMORE LOL PROBLEM SOLVED.
Except, her being over Ichigo doesn't mean we won't see any input later on about how she grew out of it, how she views it herself, etc. I am fully awaiting for this, YES. Kubo WILL deliver, especially because he made her voice out her love for Ichigo. It still doesn't change the fact that I think that Inoue is over Ichigo, that's all. One thing and the other don't nullify each other XD

tbh I just wish someone could be like 'Hey I like Rukia/feel that Ichigo/Rukia is gonna be canon, but if you like Orihime that's cool too!' I realize that this is one of the wankiest fandoms since HP and FF7 but it's really the fans who make it that way. If everyone just got over their ship and saw that a whole ton of ships have valid reasoning/no one thinks their favorite character is fail, it'd be hella calmer.
A lot of IchiRuki fans actually LOVE Inoue. Just because I don't doesn't mean that I prevent people from liking her, or that I say it's dumb to ship IchiOri. I personally don't see the appeal, but I as I often say, to each his own tastes and that's alright :) You wouldn't believe the number of friends I have who love her to death XD

And seriously, you made assumptions all over my post, which just left me... what? I have a very complex opinion about Inoue so I don't like it when people assume things I never said - if you went until now, well... now that's something XD It took me hours to write that, I'm probably not going to rewrite the same anytime XD I know a lot of fans from all sides [REALLY. THEY ANNOY ME TOO] are saying shit, but that's still not a reason to assume I'm going to say shit ok? XD

Also, apologize for all the typos and all, but it's late and I'm so not double checking this XD

Top Bottom