• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Character Details, Easter Eggs, and General What-the-fuckery

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I've been playing through FFVII recently, paying particular attention to character interactions and whatnot, so I thought it'd be kinda fun for everyone to regale us all with little character moments in the OG that made you think "Cool" or "Strange..." or even "WHAT THE FUCK?"

Here's a couple I found:

Right after the Lifestream sequence, when Tifa learns everything about Cloud, she exercises her caring, motherly nature immediately by saying "Wow, you sure are messed up Cloud!" Fail.

After Tifa sees coma Cloud and decides to stay with him, the rest of your party heads for the door, looks back once, and then leaves... Except Vincent. He walks straight out and just generally doesn't give a shit.

This you could chalk up to the translations, but no one seems to have consistent speech patterns throughout the game. For example, when Barret describes Midgar to Cloud, he speaks in proper English, for example saying "going." Latter on, he'll randomly drop a few levels and say "gonna/goin'"

Anyone else?

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
After Tifa sees coma Cloud and decides to stay with him, the rest of your party heads for the door, looks back once, and then leaves... Except Vincent. He walks straight out and just generally doesn't give a shit.

xfd

Xpelair

Pro Adventurer
Off course!

No, but seriously there's a lot of errors like that in the game which really makes things hard to understand.

When you're going up the Shinra stairs at HQ, there was a moment that confused me, although I fully understand it now. And that was
Tifa told Cloud and Barret to go on ahead of her. I didn't get why she said that, but I twigged that; because her skirt is so short and because cloud is below her several steps.... Yeah.

Another bizarre thing I've come across that still confuses me is when you talk to the two guards at the start of the game (By Tifa's bar). Before you head out to the train to Reactor five. I can't remember the Dialog, but I'll try and find it.

EDIT:
FFVII Character Details, Easter Egss, and General What-the-fuckery

Last edited:
The what-the-fuckery to me is that it was not until this year I realized that if you choose The &$#% Room in Honey Bee Inn, Cloud gets RAPED.

Honestly, I had been to that room before but never did the thought cross me that Cloud received an improper "rub"... >_>
This must be the year that marks my ultimate descent inte perverse thinking. :awesome:

The what-the-fuckery that occurred to me yesterday was, how the hell did they get a helicopter inside Reactor Number 5 to pick up President Shinra and take him to his dinner party?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
wasnt the bridge outside though?:huh:

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
When you're going up the Shinra stairs at HQ, there was a moment that confused me, although I fully understand it now. And that was
Tifa told Cloud and Barret to go on ahead of her. I didn't get why she said that, but I twigged that; because her skirt is so short and because cloud is below her several steps.... Yeah.

That entire staircase sequence is just messed up for Tifa. I think her biggest OOC moment is when she tells Barret to "Stop acting like a retard and climb!" Honestly, where the heck did that come from?

Another bizarre thing I've come across that still confuses me is when you talk to the two guards at the start of the game (By Tifa's bar). Before you head out to the train to Reactor five. I can't remember the Dialog, but I'll try and find it.
I think I know what you're talking about, but I can't quite say for sure.

And thanks for pointing out my mistake, haha.

The what-the-fuckery that occurred to me yesterday was, how the hell did they get a helicopter inside Reactor Number 5 to pick up President Shinra and take him to his dinner party?

If the doors are big enough for Wedge, they're big enough for a helicopter.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
iirc, if you take Aeris with you to Cid's house and check out the Tiny Bronco, she suggests stealing it. :awesome:

That entire staircase sequence is just messed up for Tifa. I think her biggest OOC moment is when she tells Barret to "Stop acting like a retard and climb!" Honestly, where the heck did that come from?

How is that OOC? They've been best buds for years, I think she's allowed to jab at him when he's being melodramatic. tbh I preferred it when Tifa got all spunky like that.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
If the doors are big enough for Wedge, they're big enough for a helicopter.

Thats mean! He's not fat, just big boned!

Im still totally confused by most of the dialogue in wall market. Like when Aeris says in the gym 'Are you....the BEAUTIFUL Bro?' and then the response is something like 'what you didnt know? Always running round saying big bro this. big bro that'

Im still not sure WHO Big Bro is, is it the Gym owner ladyman, or the muscley guy you compete with? :huh:

Oh and the whole 'hmmmmm thats how you fooled them' bit. God this game needs a remake just for that, though they would probably butcher the Wallmarket scenes :no: Also I can't reconcile the Aeris who forced Cloud to crossdress with the serene Moonmaiden depicted in AC. Cant see how that would work.

iirc, if you take Aeris with you to Cid's house and check out the Tiny Bronco, she suggests stealing it. :awesome:

That sequence is weird for me, because every character can suggest stealing it!
I mean, sure, these are a band of people always on the run, but to so casually suggest STEALING from anybody else feels...weird. Our heroes, ladies and gentlemen!

Makes me realise that Cloud & Co. isn't a group you'd like to meet in real life. It's a...weird and unstable bunch.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
The what-the-fuckery to me is that it was not until this year I realized that if you choose The &$#% Room in Honey Bee Inn, Cloud gets RAPED.

Honestly, I had been to that room before but never did the thought cross me that Cloud received an improper "rub"... >_>
This must be the year that marks my ultimate descent inte perverse thinking. :awesome:

To be fair, it was only slight rape. Personally I dont think Cloud put up too much resistance, he could have kicked all those guys asses if he reeeeeallly wanted. :hohum: Just sayin' is all.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Also I can't reconcile the Aeris who forced Cloud to crossdress with the serene Moonmaiden depicted in AC. Cant see how that would work.

Well, she only came from beyond the grave to tell him to buck the fuck up, there wasn't really any time for "lol how about you get into this dress, you'll feel better?"

But, AC's characterization overall is pretty cringe worthy, so I wouldn't sweat it.

I always though he was getting groped by Mukki in an attempt to wake him up, not raped.

Plus if you walk into the group room, it's obvious Mukki wouldn't have to force him...

I mean, sure, these are a band of people always on the run, but to so casually suggest STEALING from anybody else feels...weird. Our heroes, ladies and gentlemen!

Nobody on the team is even remotely Lawful Good. :monster:

Oh and the whole 'hmmmmm thats how you fooled them' bit. God this game needs a remake just for that, though they would probably butcher the Wallmarket scenes :no:

For your pleasure, here is the "So that's how you fooled them" scene in the PC version. :monster:

1291147887_resized.jpg

1291147889_resized.jpg

1291147891_resized.jpg

Makes alot more sense, doesn't it?

Also I can't reconcile the Aeris who forced Cloud to crossdress with the serene Moonmaiden depicted in AC. Cant see how that would work.
When people die, they tend to become needlessly serene. They must uphold the image of the spirit world!

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Yeah that makes a hell of a lot more sense now! Thanks! Was the squat thrust contest dialogue changed in the PC version too? :huh:

I forgot about Mukki in the other room. I think he was just slapping Cloud, hence the sound effect. Im sure he copped a feel though...I mean, who wouldn't right? :desu:

That sequence is weird for me, because every character can suggest stealing it!

Makes me realise that Cloud & Co. isn't a group you'd like to meet in real life. It's a...weird and unstable bunch.

Let's put the Tiny Bronco issue into perspective. Cloud & Co rob from everybody every chance they get. They break into people's houses, strike up casual conversations, and then help themselves to the ether in little kids' closets. Oh, and let's not forget the gil Cloud 'borrowed' from the sleeping boy in the slums, and the map he 'borrowed' in Icicle Inn. He and his friends even have a special materia just for stealing stuff. Speaking of materia, it's finders keepers losers weepers as far as they're concerned. They also kill nesting birds and take their feathers. Yuffie truly fell among thieves when she joined them.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Theyre all bastards! :O I wish meteor had squashed the lot of 'em now!

Yeah that makes a hell of a lot more sense now! Thanks! Was the squat thrust contest dialogue changed in the PC version too? :huh:
Actually, no. It's just as confusing. :hohum:

I forgot about Mukki in the other room. I think he was just slapping Cloud, hence the sound effect. Im sure he copped a feel though...I mean, who wouldn't right? :desu:
He was rubbing, slapping, which was then followed by a "squish" noise. I...don't...... My mind can't take this... Mukki...WHY?!

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
For your pleasure, here is the "So that's how you fooled them" scene in the PC version.

I always thought it was supposed to say "So that's how you'll fool them".

That reminds me: Tifa will say "I've got the wrong person" if you try to give her another person's final limit.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer

Aeris' is from the 'hood. Them Rocket Town honkies should consider themselves lucky she didn't cap some bitches.

How is that OOC? They've been best buds for years, I think she's allowed to jab at him when he's being melodramatic. tbh I preferred it when Tifa got all spunky like that.

It's not THAT she's giving Barret a hard time, that I really like. I just don't see her calling him a "retard." Plus, that insult doesn't really fit with what Barret said IIRC, something more like "crybaby" or even "pussy" would have been better

Let's put the Tiny Bronco issue into perspective. Cloud & Co rob from everybody every chance they get. They break into people's houses, strike up casual conversations, and then help themselves to the ether in little kids' closets. Oh, and let's not forget the gil Cloud 'borrowed' from the sleeping boy in the slums, and the map he 'borrowed' in Icicle Inn. He and his friends even have a special materia just for stealing stuff. Speaking of materia, it's finders keepers losers weepers as far as they're concerned. They also kill nesting birds and take their feathers. Yuffie truly fell among thieves when she joined them.

I think when I went through, it went something like this:

Cait Sith: Let's steal it!

Vincent: That's so mean though... let's not.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer

Ironic that the only person in the group who has a problem with stealing the Tiny Bronco is the Ex-Turk. You would think Vincent would be an expert at it.

Now that I think about it, Cloud and Co. break into people's houses and take whatever might be useful to them more often then not. Are they copying the Turks?

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA

lol, I didnt realise. A remake could never do a scene like this justice. Perhaps Vincent was being deadpan and sarcastic?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Aeris' is from the 'hood. Them Rocket Town honkies should consider themselves lucky she didn't cap some bitches.

Aerith's real weapon of choice is a glock?

It's not THAT she's giving Barret a hard time, that I really like. I just don't see her calling him a "retard." Plus, that insult doesn't really fit with what Barret said IIRC, something more like "crybaby" or even "pussy" would have been better

'Retard' is a bit excessive for the original line, which was just 'dumbass' IIRC.

Also, to the person who said no one in the party is lawful good, I disagree and can prove it.
Cecil, a Paladin, acts exactly like the party in FF7 does. He does not lose his paladinhood. Ergo, his actions must be Lawful Good and in line with the Paladin's code.

QED.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Also, to the person who said no one in the party is lawful good, I disagree and can prove it.
Maybe you could try proving it with an actual member of the FF7 party and you'd have a bit more credibility. Is it the terrorists, the thief, the ex-turk, the shin-ra member, or the renegade science experiment?

They're Neutral Good at their best, man.

Last edited:
Top Bottom