• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Uncharted Movie: Hollywood ruins another game

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Ugh not even going to bother watching this. wtfux? :(

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Here's a little something to instill some faith in this movie's director:

One pushy fan recently grilled Uncharted director David O. Russell about casting fan favorite Nathan Fillion (rather than Mark Wahlberg) as adventurer Nathan Drake in the director's big screen adaptation of the video game franchise.

Unfortunately, Russell seems to have no idea who the hell Nathan Fillion is. Check out the video below:

Perhaps, gamers, only fanboys know who Nathan Fillion is. That may come as a shock to you, but it could go a long way in explaining why the Firefly actor was apparently not even considered for a role his fans deem him perfect for.

-_-I am so glad that I'll be glued to Uncharted 3 when this comes out.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I'm less concerned with David O. Russell's own failings. But who the hell does this patronising cunt think he is?

Perhaps, gamers, only fanboys know who Nathan Fillion is. That may come as a shock to you, but it could go a long way in explaining why the Firefly actor was apparently not even considered for a role his fans deem him perfect for

Seriously?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
One pushy fan recently grilled Uncharted director David O. Russell about casting fan favorite Nathan Fillion (rather than Mark Wahlberg) as adventurer Nathan Drake in the director's big screen adaptation of the video game franchise. Unfortunately, Russell seems to have no idea who the hell Nathan Fillion is.

mal.gif

X :neo:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
How the fuck can you not know who Nathan Fillion is? He's been all over TV from fucking desperate Housewives, to Castle. Christ.

This could have been the modern day Indiana Jones, but it's gonna crash hard.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
An IGN writer?

:|

Request for title change:

Marky Mark and David O. Russell set to ruin Uncharted

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Perhaps, gamers, only fanboys know who Nathan Fillion is. That may come as a shock to you, but it could go a long way in explaining why the Firefly actor was apparently not even considered for a role his fans deem him perfect for
yeah man everyone knows who mark wahlberg is. he was that whiny idiot in the happening. everyone knows who he is!

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
What's even more hilarious is that in the comments on the link, somebody calls Nathan Fillion a terrible actor.

Ironic considering Mark Wahlberg is set to be the lead actor. Guess that idiot has never seen The Happening.

Or Max Payne.

Or Shooter.

The whole thing is hardly surprising though, given how much David O. Russell seems to love casting Wahlberg in nearly all of his films.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
What's even more hilarious is that in the comments on the link, somebody calls Nathan Fillion a terrible actor.

Ironic considering Mark Wahlberg is set to be the lead actor. Guess that idiot has never seen The Happening.

Or Max Payne.

Or Shooter.

The whole thing is hardly surprising though, given how much David O. Russell seems to love casting Wahlberg in nearly all of his films.
or even The Lovely Bones considering when I watched it and had not read the books, I was pegging him as the serial killer before the real one showed up.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Remember when they fired Ryan Gosling and cast him in the role of Mr. Salmon in The Lovely Bones? Yeah, I still haven't seen that movie pretty much for that reason.

In some defense of Walhberg, he's not really that bad when he playing his typical typecast roles. Which is basically any movie where he seems to be playing himself. But this does not a good actor make.

This looks like it's going to be another fail video game adaptation movie.

You missed a good movie. I thought Walhberg did a fantastic job in it too.

Of course, I love Walhberg.

That being said, I think this whole "Uncharted" thing is fucking retarded, but that's the fault of this moron director who doesn't even know who Nathan Fillion is.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I haven't seen The Lovely Bones yet. Recommended y/n?

Also, I agree with X. I do like Wahlberg as an actor. But he tends to be very hit and miss when it comes to what films he chooses to appear in.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Adri doesn't even watch TV and she knows who Nathan Fillion is.

I call bullshit. This guy is just pretending not to know who he is to justify his terrible decisions

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
That makes no sense given past events.

Why even defend an actor who hasn't been cast.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Maybe that video of that fan asking O. Russell to cast Nathan Fillion had something to do? Maybe O. Russell checked the Internet and saw how fans have reacted to the previous news.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Just over a week ago, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception game director Justin Richmond denied rumors that Mark Wahlberg was set to play Nathan Drake in the upcoming Uncharted movie and that David O'Russell was to have the film focus on a "family dynamic." Today, Wahlberg shot back by claiming that he is still cast to play the smart-mouthed action hero.
According to a recent interview with Moviehole, Wahlberg reiterated the claims he first made about his casting in an interview with MTV back in November.
"David O'Russell is writing right now and hopes to direct," he told Moviehole. "It's myself, Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro."
Wahlberg also claimed that not only is the movie being written, but that it will be happening sometime in the middle of this year.
GamerNode has contacted both Sony and Naughty Dog for comment. Stay tuned in case either releases a statement regarding this back-and-forth situation.

lolwtf is going on

ForceStealer

Double Growth
What the hell? I've...never seen anything like this. The actor thinks he's in but the director doesn't? Naughty Dog didn't seem to think he was either from that other article.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Anyway, if the script is going to be something completely unrelated to the original games (aka: A big piece of crap), better let Wahlberg do it and crash with it.

Top Bottom