• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
There is no Tifa cleavage in this abortion of a game. Stupid cloud fucking moppet moogle.

Tifa.png

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I just lost a battle with Tifa to hear her say "I can't stop at a place like this." Is that another case of mangling the "There's no getting off this train" reference? :no:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
They all said it though, in unison even, on the Highwind after the Lifestream flashback. And then Cloud can say it in FFTactics if you dismiss him from your party. And Cloud said it as one of his defeat lines and it was mysteriously translated as "This isn't the place to stop" instead, and Tifa's line sounds eerily similar which makes me think they did the same. Frustrating because its a cool reference, and they just translated it correctly in War of the Lions, so what gives?

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Bit of a stretch here, but maybe it's because of the whole "they came from another world and lost their memories" schtick that the translators decided to go with a different translation? Once might be a coincidence, but twice and all that stuff.

Also, can anyone give me helpful tips as to how to work Tifa's feints? I've been mashing the X and O buttons like crazy and only managed to pull it off 3 times, 2 of them by accident....

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Beat Rush is the easiest to do it with, it's pretty hard with others. Can you do it with Hp attacks? Because I haven't been able to.
But I'd say practice with Beat Rush to get used where in an attack animation is the best time to use it.

And there's no way that's the reason, they just borked the translation, the losers.

That said, I just beat it (well, the first main story anyway), and it is most certainly not an "abortion of a game."

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
That's why I said it was a stretch...xD

I've heard you can do feints with her HP attacks, but only if she's in midair. Dunno if that applies to her aerial HP attacks or when the animation of her HP ground attack has her jumping in the air.

Edit: Yeah, just checked the command chart for her battle abilites, and yes, her HP attacks do have feints. The timing on these feints is ridiculously strict...

Last edited:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
In fairness, YOU have to already give the perverted response to the moogle before he says that.

Oh? You know this because...

That said, I just beat it (well, the first main story anyway), and it is most certainly not an "abortion of a game."

blush.gif
yaaaay!

I finished Chapter 5 before, and I see Kain is the next chapter. WHERE IS TIFA? She better be the chapter after that. hmph.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

That is certainly your opinion chief. I'll wait until someone with taste more along the line of mine (not crap) gives me the lowdown. Otherwise I've yet to see ANYTHING particularly good except for a handful of scenes, one of which has already been mentioned.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I feel like even a handful of good scenes would be enough to raise it out of "abortion" status.

And we've agreed on things before, ya jerk.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
As much as I like the Kuja stuff and the Kain/Golbez scene, I don't think that qualifies it as a fully formed fetus. Abortion it is, but a late-term one.

The gameplay might save it for some, but I'm not interested in anything that requires hand-eye coordination that isn't Super Mario 3.

Mitch Connor

Its All Good Enough
AKA
Blazing782
That is certainly your opinion chief. I'll wait until someone with taste more along the line of mine (not crap) gives me the lowdown. Otherwise I've yet to see ANYTHING particularly good except for a handful of scenes, one of which has already been mentioned.

If your opinion of your own opinions are so high then just play it yourself

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
If your opinion of your own opinions are so high then just play it yourself

Don't you think I already would have if it was an option?

Of course I wouldn't buy it :monster:

You don't need to think much of your opinions to think someone else's are a poor gauge of quality.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Don't you think I already would have if it was an option?

Of course I wouldn't buy it :monster:

You don't need to think much of your opinions to think someone else's are a poor gauge of quality.

Just play the demo, demos are for free after a...

...nevermind. :monster:

(Yes, I would like to again use the oppportunity to criticise that the demo costs money - also the fact that they're going to sell extra costumes at 3€ PER COSTUME apparently).

I believe that the term "abortion" in this context is only fitting if all the aspects of the game are bad. Obviously this is not the case as many people, including me, enjoy the battle mechanics.

But in the end this seems to be an argument over semantics.
Is an "abortion" of a game worse than, equal to, or better than a game that is "shit"?
We need an established scale for this.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
They all said it though, in unison even, on the Highwind after the Lifestream flashback. And then Cloud can say it in FFTactics if you dismiss him from your party. And Cloud said it as one of his defeat lines and it was mysteriously translated as "This isn't the place to stop" instead, and Tifa's line sounds eerily similar which makes me think they did the same. Frustrating because its a cool reference, and they just translated it correctly in War of the Lions, so what gives?

In the Japanese version Cloud says "there ain't no gettin' offa this train we on." and they turned it in "This isn't the place to stop."? Man, can't we have anything nice?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Just a note, one inconsistency was cleared up. They covered how if you lose your memories are wiped out, but then how do some of the characters know each other? Tifa says to Yuna in a scene "Your memories are from your homeworld, you'll remember him even if you sleep."

So it seems that as you fight, your memories of home return, and those stay with you as long as you keep coming back. It's only your memories of the last cycle that you lose during the next one.

EDIT - Okay, Vaan just had to struggle to remember Terra's name and was like "Tidus, Tifa? Oh yeah, Terra." The boy is either mentally handicapped or he's even more stupid than any of us imagined.

EDIT x2

Kefka: "Your game ends here kids!"
Vaan: "What, are you crazy?"

Um........YES!!!!

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
EDIT - the ending. I mean the full ending, including the last boss and the non-FMV scenes after leading up to the FMV ending. Background is
they're heading to the portal the Manikins are using to cross over into this world to try and close it, so they can't come through in the next cycle and their numbers will be limited. Meanwhile a Manikin army has been dispatched to Cosmos' throne, and the Warrior of Light is the only one left alive who stayed behind to guard her. By this point, everyone else is "asleep" and waiting to awaken in the next cycle. Also, I say last boss in that it's the very last boss - the full final battle is a gauntlet against Kefka, Emperor, Ultimecia, Cloud of Darkness and Garland using Vaan, Yuna, Tifa, Laguna and Lightning.

Laguna: "We all knew how this would end from the start. No one here was stupid enough to expect otherwise."
Vaan: "Actually, this is all news to me."
Laugna: "Okay, maybe one of us."

:facepalm:

Last edited:

Splintered

unsavory tart
That's why I said it was a stretch...xD

I've heard you can do feints with her HP attacks, but only if she's in midair. Dunno if that applies to her aerial HP attacks or when the animation of her HP ground attack has her jumping in the air.

Edit: Yeah, just checked the command chart for her battle abilites, and yes, her HP attacks do have feints. The timing on these feints is ridiculously strict...

Her HP attacks are really easy to feint, probably because they have a good wind up time. The attacks where you feint in the middle of the attack are hard. Apparently you've got to hit them near simultaneously. I've only done it once or twice, and not when I was seriously in battle D:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Vaan does spend the entire game mocking Laguna though Drake, I kinda like the relatonship they have by the end. I also really like Vaan and Lightning's text conversations through final ..."dungeon" or whatever you wanna call it, as they couldn't be more different in their outlooks. Vaan is perennially optimistic, and Lightning is realistic to a fault, their argument was pretty interesting.

Vaan: "So you're setting out to lose? Is that how you face all your enemies?"

Last edited:
Top Bottom