• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Destrillians Thread of Ideas, Planning and Former Secrets

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Okay gang, here we go. First things first, I’m going to lay down in the broadest possible strokes what we have planned for the overall story of Destrillians: The Aftermath. Dale will come along to add his own things as soon as he can, but first it’s important to note the nature of everything that we have planned so far. Most of these aren’t fully fleshed out ideas; they’re simply points on a graph. The journey that links them together needs to be filled in with other points, other plans, and other ideas which hopefully everyone else can bring to the table here.

Secondly, something to note: we do all love keeping certain cards close to our chest. Dropping important bombshells at the appropriate time in order to get a properly shocked reaction from other people. This is an awesome part of the RP that I’m not saying we should do away with, but this kind of reveal would be best served if it came about in conversations between your own characters. If they involve anyone else’s or if they have wide-reaching implications, then it is probably going to be recommended that we discuss it here first.

So what do we need to know so far?

Well, from my point of view, this RP’s five act structure is very loosely based around the five people written down on Spencer’s list, with a meeting with all 5 (Kram, Thetis, Lokka, Telran and Idris, respectively) being the driving force behind his actions. I’m roughly dividing up the acts based around his intention to meet with each of them in turn, whether or not they actually meet up; the circumstances that lead up to each of these is completely unknown past Kram and Thetis (who are both eventually abducted to Spencer’s mansion).

Spencer isn’t so much after the Destrillians on the list themselves, but rather their powers: broadly speaking, the ones he has chosen are the ones who give him the broadest possible advantage in any scenario. What he wants these powers for is tied in closely with what I’m thinking will eventually become the ‘final boss’ of this season of Dessies. Destrillian #000 – Adam.

2obp5.png

An explanation of this guy is probably needed. Adam wasn’t just the first Destrillian who successfully survived the procedure – the unique way his body responded to the Destrillian procedure allowed the chemical compounds developed by it to be farmed, and transplanted into the other test subjects. Spencer is acquiring the powers of the Dessies on his list through acquiring their blood and grafting the way in which that particular Destrillian’s power has manifested back into Adam, thus giving him the ability to wield that power.

Since his body is still that of a Destrillian, not a Lyverius, he has still got an exploitable weakness, like all final boss fights should have. But this battle is the endgame for this season of the RP. How we get there is going to be the purpose of this thread and is up to all of you. It’s our RP; I’ve only dotted points on the map, but there will be other points made by other people, and the line that connects them all is still up for us to decide.

Also, significant: Jason Spencer is really a Lyverius, and through his actions the city of Osea is eventually destroyed (sometime in late Act 3/early Act 4 probably, again, very undetermined beyond the fact that the event itself is happening).

Also, feel free to ask any questions about well, anything that is, could be, or just exists with no explanation. This thread will be about opening the decision making process of dessies up to everyone involved, rather than the minority.

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Now for some of the mass nexus of information I've been hiding.

I'll start with the Lyverius and their strength (broken into 1st, 2nd and 3rd Tiers, with 1st being most powerful, and either offensive of passive class, most being offensive):

Resal Demonio is a Lyverius named Luxuria (Calls herself Luzu), her power allows her to form spatially coherent, narrow low-divergence beams, otherwise known as Lasers, from the tips of her fingers. She is a 2nd Tier offensive class. She is the boss fight at the end of the upcoming return to Osea arc.

Avidez's power is Electromagnetism and is a 2nd Tier offensive class like Luzu. He's the scientist of the Lyverius who made the captured second facility dessie's into the obedient dolls, also experiments on humans (Lalain is one of these victims). He has a strong emotional attachment to Mileina, who developed Psychosis from all the trauma at Viola, which over the course of the story will gradually erode away at her mind. Avidez will eventually question the goals of the Sponsors resulting in him being at odds with those in charge.

Vanagloria has had most of her info already said, she's full of herself and has clear intentions of taking over the Sponsors, despite lacking the power to defeat 'The Old Man'. She will attempt to make a move in the story but ultimately be smacked down. She's a 3rd tier offensive class.

Inveja is a 3rd Tier offensive class. She will eventually leave the Sponsors for reasons that shall remain secret since they do not effect anyone else.

Vollerei is a 3rd Tier offensive class. Not really much about him other than he sticks with Vana after Inveja leaves later in the story. He'll no doubt appear shortly before the final boss fight to meet his end.

Tragheit is a 2nd Tier offensive class whose power is Ionized Radiation. First seem at Limnades, he later appears in the story to attack Idris.

Solaris, one of the leaders of The Sponsors, uses the power of Shadow and is a 1st tier offensive class. She is a parasitic shadow after her power consumed her body, as such she uses clones of her original body to physically interact with the world. Her devotion to 'The old man' is unrivaled and will take any and all measures to ensure his dreams come to fruition.

'The Old man', Leader of the Sponsors and a 1st Tier Lyverius, Passive class. His ability deals in being able to copy a beings memories or absorb their actual body to repair his own. His main strength is in his high level of psychic power which allows him to hurl massive objects with ease. He wishes to wipe out the Destrillians and anything else that poses a threat to him paving his way for a new world to arise. He is also in terrible health as an experiment from awhile back involving nano machines went badly leaving him with a half life. Eventually, with the use of Emma's power, he is able to restore himself and returns to operating out in the open. Has a lot of personal history with Jason Spencer.

Stolz is a girl, I think it's pretty obvious. She's a 3rd Tier Passive Class Lyverius. She was discovered by The Old Man when she was very young and he implanted the memories of Freya, an Ancient Lyverius who He had known as a child. This resulted in the creation of a second personality known as 'Dark Stolz', as despite it seeming like she's helping the Destrillians, Freya is a cold, ruthless killer that despises humans. She is simply waiting for her moment to take over Stolz entirely, and when she does shall double cross the Dessie's and take Emma back to The Old Man. Stolz herself doesn't have intentions of betraying the Destrillians, but is simply Freya's puppet.

The Sponsors, as an entity, is a group of Lyverius who have been manipulating the continent of Alvyssia. Their goal is to take over in a way but is not as simple as that and will be revealed at the end of Aftermath. A lot of information isn't being disclosed as Spencer is the main Antagonist for Aftermath while The Sponsors have more long terms plans...

I'll just leave it at that for now, I'm having to sort through a lot of information so please ask any questions you have.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
so what exactly is the plan for Terra becoming uncrippled? I've heard the main plan and do have a backup plan in case that somehow never happens, but what exactly are the plans laid so far?

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Basically It will happen during the fight with Avidez, as I explained to you before on msn, Electromagnetism is used in the real world to treat brain disorders, including schizophrenia, migraines and major depression. Therefore I figure a large jolt of of it which was actually intended as an attack from Avidez backfires and does good.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
A current list of Volsung super-soldier projects. I haven't come up with one for each province yet, which is partly to allow you guys to fill in the blanks if you so wish (as mumble has with Project Seraph from Amarna). I won't mention Seraph on this list beyond a name, as it isn't my creation.

ANIMUS -- CHULAINN
Most of the info about the Animus is already included in the story posts or Kaden's bio. Some of the things I'm going to add in the Animus wikia article include:

~The language centre of an Animus' brain is less developed than that of a human, meaning they are less apt at learning languages. This is part of Kaden's difficulty with Audoulan (which will be seen in his next story post.

~Animus see all colours as slightly muted. This is a logical extension in my mind to having one set of genes for the human-vision spectrum of colours, and one set for the canine monochrome/night-vision ability. Due to this, many Animus are attracted to the hyper-vivid colours of many cartoons and kids' shows.

~The current Animus are generation II Animus. Generation I was genetic augmentation with animal genes after the womb. It didn't go so well. Setanta has tried to cull the Gen I Animus, and they think they've got them all (of course, as I'm mentioning it, they didn't).

PARIAH -- DUMAS
Dumas is the surname of the writer of The Three Muskateers, and the name of the Volsung facility (Aramis) was chosen to reflect that. However, the name is meant to invoke thoughts of Duma, the angel of silence.

As previously mentioned, Pariah is full of psychics of varying shades. The main attraction though are the Psilencers. The Psilencers were originally the entirity of Pariah, but when I came up with the Psilencers tag, I wanted to use both names. XD

Psilencers are beings with an inverse psychic field -- i.e., they dampen psychic abilities, especially telepathy. The first Psilencer was just a genetic one-off born in the facility, but the scientists at Aramis decided to cultivate the genes behind the effect, and graft them to other newborns. There are now a few dozen Psilencers, and three have been dispatched to recover the record of the Hephaestus Experiment, along with a telepathic "sniffer dog".

FIREDRAKE -- VULKAN-WEYLAND
Essentially Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine expies, but without the genetic augmentation (they've tried, but the specimens tend to die afterwards). So, they have thick powered armour, and have been conditioned into being totally loyal to Vulkan-Weyland's branch of Volsung (no code name as of yet).

WALKER -- YAVERLAND (facility lost)
Project Walker involved creating elemental golems and imprinting on them a human mind. The surviving Walkers are in the custody of Carabas.

JUGGERNAUT -- FERRUS
Juggernauts are single person bipedal walkers with heavy armour. Again, a W40K expy, this time for Dreadnoughts, other than the pilots can clamber out should they need to.

PHOENIX -- CARABAS
Phoenix involves imprinting a person's mind onto another person, whose mind has been wiped. They're sometimes used as decoys for influential Carabans, but usually the person whose mind is imprinted is already dead, hence the project name Phoenix.

YMIR/JOTUNHEIM
Technically, these two provinces haven't created any super-soldiers, but have instead created several wonder weapons. The most prominent is the Broadsword super heavy tank, an expy of the W40K Baneblade.

They're currently working on a cannon that utilises the Terumi Equation (which is what was behind the Hephaestus Experiment). They're not having much luck so far, as while the blast is powerful, the cannon tends to self-destruct.

HEPHAESTUS AND THE SCHISM
The pre-emptive strikes that caused the Damascus Schism were undertaken by Volsung personnel, under the last orders that they were given by Hephaestus. The point of the Schism is to set the super-soldier projects against each other, to see which is strongest.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Hey Kris, could you tell us more about Gen 1 of the animus, why they were phased out, and any possible plans you have to do with that? Joe, Satsu and I are planning some stuff and this info would be absolutely vital to us
♥

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm going to post up the outline for the group of rejects in Osea known as 'The Fallimento'.

The Fallimento

These are basically a group of experiments considered complete failures by the respective companies that worked on them. How they came to be in Osea comes down to each individual, but they have banded together in order to survive and support each other. As far as the actual story goes, they serve as a great contrast group for the destrillians. They are obviously similar, but their motivations and way of doing things will be VERY different.

The group comprises of 9. The individuals within them are comprised of failed animus', rejected Denann experiments and the same from other similar companys. 6 of these are going to be DEAD by the time the Destrillians find them, due to a run in with the lyverius in Osea at the moment. Here are the group as they are at the moment:

Biko Getref - A dark-skinned, short-tempered girl. She comes straight from Denann, a failed attempt to replace the bones in the human body with bionics. Only the left side of her torso (Rib cage, shoulder, arm, hand) underwent bionic replacement as integration with the spine brought about complications. Her left side is a lot stronger and more reinforced than that of a normal human, but over-exertion caused extreme pain in her spine and could possibly cause paralysis. She lives through the attack by the Lyverius.

??? - Another character. Jeff is hard at work on this one. No idea how much he has, but I believe the character is male. This character lives through the attack by the Lyverius.

Nailah Bakhoum - Another character. Aki is also working on this character. I think the character is female, and also a failed animus project. This character lives through the attack by the Lyverius. (Kris, I think Aki wanted some information here.)

Aros Amyneddgar - A male. He is a bit more level-headed in comparison to Biko. He dies during the attack by the Lyverius. Accepting any ideas regarding history or extent of modification/weakness.

Tam - A female. Dies during the attack by the Lyverius. Any and all ideas accepted here as well.

???
- Unknown. Dies during attack.

???

???

??? - Unknown. Dies during attack.

As you can see, not all that much is decided and any advice or ideas will be welcomed for the blank characters at the moment. Obviously since the character is only alive for one post, you won't be getting a new character. This is just an attempt to flesh out what would otherwise be a blank canvas.

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Hey Kris, could you tell us more about Gen 1 of the animus, why they were phased out, and any possible plans you have to do with that? Joe, Satsu and I are planning some stuff and this info would be absolutely vital to us
♥
Sure. I'll tell you what I can, anyway... XD

Outside of the story, the Gen I's started as a throwaway comment I included in my first draft of the Animus background when I first joined the RP. I had no idea at the time what that meant, but it sounded cool.

Anyway, the reason the Gen I's were, as you put it, "phased out", was that the genetic graft was unstable. Different specimens had different effects, but the most common one was a shift in their morphology (basically, a precursor to the hybrid forms the Gen II's can take). In many cases, this was fatal for the subject, or at least painful to the degree of being maddening.

Again, to go out of the story, my basic idea was that they took on some permanent animal traits (e.g., catgirls). In some cases, however, the Gen I's have learnt to control the morphic shift (and yes, I find it fairly hilarious how I lapse into this pseudo-scientific jargon when I talk of Damascan projects), and can control them at will.

As I said, different Gen I's have reacted differently to the grafts. I'm so explicit with this cos mumble's also working on a Gen I character, and any plans you two have that might be at odds can be explained away with this one little factoid.

...So yeah, it's an asspull. :awesome:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
To the folks who made this thread possible, I thank you. Now I can have the verdict and consultation I need.

Because of my ... extreeeeemely childish enthusiasm and love (other than my time travelling sci-fi story) for the series, I tend to rush things that can be of ill received reviews by folks at times without thinking of the structure and meaning of the series until during the escape of Osea (Which was when Kram woke up, that's the point where everything I had in mind changed entirely and ever since, it's been focused on developing Kram, Tao and Zao). But in light of recent events regarding Ralph, I have to change Faiz's role in S3 to contribute to the plot (which will follow later) as well as make sure Kram, Tao and Zao (with Lei, but he can be irrelevant due to his speech impairment in all honesty) are on the right track with everyone in story and relevance. My 'What could have beens' or my potential ideas with fellow RPers will be seen in depth, as I need everybody's counseling and advices to spice up my folks.

Without further ado.

Kramskov Niet:

Originally conceived as an Ace with a bright attitude of sorts to the Destrillians to make an ironic statement to his power affiliation, as well as a bad shout out to one of my guilty pleasure series, I've decided to tone down or remove everything regarding said series since he awoke from the escape of Osea, he is the lifeblood and starter of my dive into RP and time and again, I've been finding ways to mature him through the trials of the series.

His theme for S2 is basically growing up and facing the harsh reality of what the world sees him and how he is forced to become something he refused to be. His powers are quite premature as of this series, but he makes up for it in his physical attacks and augmentation of the armours given to him or will be given to him by the Faiz family and Viola.

His journey this season will become harder and harsher as he fights to keep his optimistic outlook or lose it in the madness that will follow. For one, I want to work with Satsu and Joe in bringing his Grandfather to their fold this season to antagonize the Destrillians with their set of villains. My old idea of Walker Niet fracturing Tao and Kram's bond is still mixed, as I want to see how the story itself will go down the line and how Kram will have to adjust to Tao losing her belief in him.

He aspires to do good by the world, but the big question is: how can he if the world he sworn to keep safe actually hates him? His interactions with Jason Spencer and the Lyverius later will make me come to a decision later. For now, Kram is a heroic and optimistic young man who will not let the greater forces crush his spirit and I intend to keep it that way until either the Big Bads or Walker will bring extreme grief to him later on in the story.

There is much to be discussed regarding his involvement with other characters such as Thetis, Fiona, Castiel, Kerr, Salem, Seth Vargas and Jason Spencer among many others I will welcome for discussion. I'm just giving you a brief review of how I see and wish to develop Kram with the rest of my co-writers.

Tao Hong:

THIS GIRL. THIS GIRL. Is arguably the most difficult character I had to work with, originally conceived as a bad damsel in distress for Kram, I have finally decided to throw that all away to make her into a more valuable member to her kin and a woman of her own right. With her two psycho twin brothers coming into the fold, I wanted to balance out the effeminate, vulnerable, sad and gentle kindness she had with pure evil and malice from the brothers bar Lei, who only follows Zao and becomes evil when needed.

She is also physically frail due to her old slavery days in Thalassa, where she unwittingly participated in a rebellion of slaves and consequentially suffered the scars she is depicted with.

Her journey is basically trying to become stronger, and her pride rising up after Kram had saved her. Her memories of her old days will surface later on upon contact with Lei in the mansion, and this will be a start of turbulence between Kram and her when Salem comes in.

I also wanted to have her involved with others such as Finn,
Hannah, Castiel, Terra and possibly Thetis or Kiera later on, but as of now, the rest is up for discussion with everybody.

Zao Hong:

This bad boy was conceived as I said, to be the opposite of Kram and completely evil and outright disturbing. He hunted down various super humans with Lei in Damascus with his intelligence and wits that control Lei's strength as a testament to his prowess. He is a poet deep down, and had Shi Hong not killed his family, might have grown up to be a good man. He is a nasty piece of work, showing that humans can be as dark and disturbing as the Lyverius without powers. For the majority of his introduction, I wanted to showcase that how his resilience and cunning would win him through in a world full of superhumans and conspiracies lurking about, but that is going to change thanks to Salem blowing out his arm and the mysterious experiment he underwent messing his mind and psyche.

In regards to his religion Ayangji, he uses it as a justification to instill fear and death to his enemies no matter what the cost, he takes killing as a standard and an art. If he can still fight, he will find a way to kill you or the enemies of Jason Spencer to prove a point. He serves only Spencer as of Aftermath and is dedicated to his cause after, what I feel, an event he saw when Spencer was a soldier or the stories of the CEO's name spoken by Xi Qinese soldiers and his father himself. His determination and ruthlessness is what I intend to keep in hopes of showing his villainy.

Still, he has flaws like every human and character. if Tao becomes involved in the cross fire, he loses his focus and versatility as a loyal ally to Spencer. I could say that if Tao was not alive, he would become the deadliest human of the series and like Kram, Tao is one of his weaknesses as a character. The other person most dear to him later, would be Elvan as the story progresses. Zao loses his racism of Destrillians and loathing of Lyveriuses upon bonding with Elvan and later on, working under Spencer.

I also plan to have more interactions with Kris' folk if the plot permits it, I am open to discussion on the matter. But mostly, he will be trying to come to terms with the Destrillians and forge new allies and enemies along the way. Not to mention a whole lot of body count of NPCs.

My plan is to keep him loyal to Spencer to the very end and his death at the hands of Idris. In the mean time, I'll make him a versatile foe for the Destrillians.

Ralph Faiz:

One of my most controversial characters of the RP and for good reason. I originally wanted to let him fade out of Aftermath temporarily. But in light of the most recent developments, I've decided to establish him in Season 3 as a major player with Kram, Zao and Tao, so we can safely assume he is World's Most Wanted and on the run with Venus. Their exploits will be looked into in OVAs when S3 is online.

As a character, He is a foil to Kram and Zao. in a way that he is smarter and thinks ahead while lacking Zao's ruthlessness and insanity. I wanted to keep the supergenius trait and inventor, but I planned him and his father prematurely. One of my greatest mistakes was not making him or his father a company head at the time Aftermath was starting, but I think this was for the best. His time to shine isn't now, it's best left for Season 3.

For interactions, I really want him to be portrayed as someone in over his head against the Lyverius and his sworn enemy Seth Vargas but can still fight the good fight, I don't want to shield all the characters of the RP by his then original wealthy traits, so I'm setting him up as an anti-villain for future stories and a man torn by what he feels is right and wrong. He does things that are seen as evil by the Dessies, but his intentions are for the better.

His recurring themes for S3 will be Vengeance, Salvation, Corporate Crime and Carefulness.

Information regarding the Faiz family will later be seen in 'What could have beens'.

For interactions, and what I really wanted recently, is that in S3 he would be more openly involved in the story, however I would like to try it with Fiona Myrwind not in a romantic way(lol no way) but in a strange relationship which remains to be seen. And of course, his inevitable showdown with Seth Vargas and IRIN. More to come once I know how he ties to S3 and how he can contribute to the plot of the Destrillians.

Kram:

- Nothing much regarding Kram, but he originally had a pet cat named Nice in some sketches, which I chucked out due to protests and lack of interest. She may appear in non-canon materials only however such as Beach House or other materials not meant to be in Aftermath.

Tao:

- She was going to be a sensitive and scared girl throughout Aftermath, but after advices and reading moar, I'm developing her into something much much more.

- She was going to be permanently scarred for the series, but I'm looking to removing those once Kram gets to the mansion.

- She was going to lose her memories of Kram and the others via Walker in an OVA after S2. I can't work on this plot anymore and it has been deemed nil for the time being.

- She was going to work for Ralph Faiz in S3 as an operator of sorts for his then-developing PMC due to the events of Walker losing her memories and giving her control over nanite infused child soldiers, but in light of recent events, I've canned this concept altogether as I've yet to fix Ralph's character and his company. Their future remains uncertain.

Zao:

- Originally, he was going to get one mechanical arm from Viola and would act as his utility of sorts. But I've decided to uppen the loyalty gig and show it by requesting Spencer or someone to slice his other arm off to show how he can be trusted.

- He was going to manipulate Lei into killing himself at the end of S2, but their bond is stronger than that. So I'm having Lei die by other means.

Faiz Industires:

- Originally conceived to rival that of IRIN in technology (the difference is they used smaller based technology compared to the larger concepts) but this too is deemed unfit for the plot, it makes no sense in Aftermath and it really isn't something needed.

- I wanted the company to rise again in S3 with Viola as a 'Big Good' of sorts, but it would lose the suspense and thrilling plot and this I've canned this idea as well.

- Joseph Faiz was meant to live with Ralph, but I feel his death would bring greater meaning to the Vengeance characterization of Ralph and thus was killed off.

- The planned mass produced armours that Joseph invented to sell to Canctra were too blocky and had very close similarities to Iron Man extremis and for this, I've thrown the blocky armour concept aside. Nanites will be a more deeper meaning to the David and Goliath concept I wished to mix with IRIN. Power suits for me, are more cheaper in the world of Dessies, rare in real life media and I wanted to focus on this concept. However with just Iron Man and Japan focusing too little, it's hard to strike out. :monster:

- Ralph was going to be a more aloof and free going character for S3, but due to interesting event changes, this concept was slid aside for a more ruthless and colder Ralph.

- Ralph was going to be a tall handsome figurehead for S3, but I've decided to do a more sinister appearance that's simple, charismatic and goes into Uncanny valley. It is irrelevant for now so leave it at that.

- Kram will be involved in the escape of the mansion at some point, he will be convinced by Tao and the others. But It also remains to be seen how they will leave together.

- Zao and Elvan will become friends on a professional and personal level, losing his racism towards Destrillians. He spends most of the season tracking Destrillians down and calling in reinforcements and sometimes tempting fate to fight one of the rogue dessies on the loose but not without a backup, I plan to have his bitter partnership with the others such as Lorelei and most prominently, Salem Locke.

- I don't know the specifics, but alex told me before that Spencer will have an experiment that requires Lei's volunteering, which I will oblige.

- Zao permanently gets dark red eyes after he got his first arm blown off. The cornea and certain nerves at the eyes will glow red upon medical treatment for his condition. It's the original intent in the part of the experiment to heighten his vision and brain activity. The mechanical arms will test the limits of his motor functions and how his control over them. This will be a new additional weakness for Zao since his brain will certainly be properly functional and loses his psychosis.

- Zao will acquire two mechanical arms, the designs and structure will go into detail later.

- I haven't gone into detail with Satsu and Joey yet, but I want to get this family issues with Kram over with by introducing Walker and his wife via Denann later in the story as part of their fold.

- Shi Hong will die by Zao's hand, but it remains to be seen WHEN (S2 or S3's beginning). The consequences will vary depending on the flow of the storyline.

- Tao will become stronger as the series progresses, her control over her powers improves significantly after medical attention has been brought to her.

- Kram's darkness powers will continue to evolve along the way. He becomes more adept in the battles he faces.

- Kram will undergo alot of conflict with Salem, Lorelei and Castiel.

- Zao and Castiel will cross paths later and they become either professional friends or rivals, Scott we must develop this.

- Zao will play an active role with Chulainn but I have no idea yet. Kris pls advice.

- Zao and Idris will have alot to 'talk' about. :monster:

- Lei will become very very different after they're brought into the mansion, jargon aside, he will have character depth along with Zao.

- Faiz, but not Faiz Industries will be back and this time, will have more relevance to the story by S3. But don't expect him to be as nice as before...

Blabbing aside, I would really like to consult alot of people regarding developments in the plot and my folks with yours as well. Alex and I are tight with our gig, but I want to expand strengthen the deal with Adri, Scott, Jeff, Joey, Aki, Si, Kamble, Krrrrisss and Bexbex before I make these moves. Please advice.

I will bring up Xi Qin's fauna and flora as well to showcase some that needs chucking, editting or game time.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I don't think it's really any secret anymore that Erthys is coming back in S3.

I might make a reveal at the very end of S2.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Joe and I were actually speculating on that last night.
AWESOME news.

Also, it should come as no surprise to any of you that Ariel is still alive and kicking.
It should come as no surprise because only about two of you don't know this already.

Watch this space to find out the immediate plans for after the ball/limandes arc, as far as we know them.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Shit I'm plotting:

-Elvan dies late in S2. He sort of crumbles within his own suit and fades to dust, since I honestly can't think of how he'd survive outside of Spencer Mansion
-Jeorgia and Brent will have a girl named Rose. Terra may be reintroduced as her aunt.
-Nailah will have a dead little sister at some point which will give her a serious complex about other people. Also due to the fact she was grafted with kestrel DNA, she doesn't have much of a thumb, her arms are quite long, and her chest has been thrust out more like a birds, which causes her heart and lung problems. However she also sees in the UV range so there's that.
-Elvan may leave a note for Lorelei/Zao/Finn after he dies. The greatest irony lies with Lore, so I am strongly considering this.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
^ I can give some ideas on how to prolong Elvan's life outside the mansion if you wish. :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Aki I need details on how Viola is keeping Elvan alive and why he has to be so attached to t3h manshun if I'm to think up a good plot formula to keep him alive till the desired time he can seek proper treatment.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Well, for the world's most vulnerable Destrillian, nothing will benefit him more than close proximity to the world's most INvulnerable Destrillian. You know, that one he had to kill in that test chamber.

Another point of note regarding the group Fallimento. 3 of them are alive by the beginning of the return to Osea arc. At the end of that arc - and by the end of Osea - only 1 of those 3 will be alive. At this point in time it is in no way decided which one. I guess me, Satsu and Aki will have to fight it out, unless anybody can come up with some good reasons why one might survive over the others.

Oh yes. I don't know who already knows about this and who doesn't so I'll put it in here now. In order for Destrillians as a series to be brought to a close, we're gonna want an Epilogue that sums everything up, that everybody wants summing up. We came to the decision that because of her stupidly long lifespan (read: 800 years or so.), the Epilogue would be told from Hannah's perspective way off in the future when EVERYBODY is dead and gone. This is a long way off yet, but when S3 does come to a close all of us will be writing this thing. It will be a huge piece that closes every character's story, whether they are dead or alive, major or minor, protagonist or antagonist. The world of Destrillians can be re-used after this for whatever we see fit, but the story we have been telling will be brought to an absolute close. The epilogue will end with Hannah dying from old age at the ripe year of eight-hundred and something. Questions, queries, nuances?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Okay, so, if you are interested here is some stuff about Emma, Chris, Squeak, Riese, Dr. Thomas, and Natasha. Noen, let me know if I forgot anything when it comes to stuff involving your plot (or if I'm revealing too much). ☺

I’m sure you all know this by now but in case anyone does not, Emma is actually a Lyverius. She was discovered at a young age, and was given over to the Destrillian project by the Sponsors after her abduction as kind of a “What if?” scenario to see what happens when you expose a Lyverius to the Destrillian treatment. This was done in hopes of increasing her power, since great potential was seen, however, this didn’t happen, and she was generally considered to be a bit of a failure. After all, what good would controlling plants do in times of war? Her powers were laughable.

This was the main driving force behind Dr. Thomas’ actions. He did the things he did because of the theories surrounding Emma’s true nature. He felt that if he could unlock her potential it would win him fame within the scientific community.

Natasha knew of Emma’s true potential as well, however, as you know, as she grew to care for the girl she began to regret her actions. She saw the Destrillian project as a huge mistake and inhumane in practice. Not only that, but based on her theories, she felt that Emma’s true power would be too dangerous in the wrong hands. This is why she decided to try to break Emma out, only to be caught in the process.

Dr. Thomas and Natasha are both going to be brought into the custody of the rest of the Lyverius. Once the Sponsors notice Emma isn’t the weakling she was thought to be, it is deemed that the two of them might prove useful in controlling her. Dr. Thomas will go along with the plan thinking that it will benefit him in some way and that he’ll be able to trick the Sponsors into giving him what he wants, while Natasha will be convinced that these people might actually be able to help Emma and keep her safe. Of course neither of these notions are correct.

Chris is going to enter the scene again (once I finish up all the stuff I’m working on that is.) He is going to be joining the Dessies, hopefully very soon. He is going to be an important presence simply for what he will do later on. He’ll be a very important figure in future events involving Emma.

Reise is going to stay in Osea for now. I really don’t know if she will play an important role in the story or not. Her part may be done once I finish some posts, although if I can work her back in later I most certainly will.

Squeak is not your normal, run of the mill albino mouse. Natasha had Emma raise him from since he was a baby as part of an experiment. Nurturing the creature over time caused him to grow larger than other mice, and also granted him higher intelligence, all simply because Emma willed it to happen without really realizing what she was doing. This process has been steadily increasing over the years as she has kept the mouse for her own. When Emma told Idris that Squeak felt like a part of her soul, well, essentially, it could almost be argued that he actually is.

In a flashback in the night club Emma remembers her father telling her to hide her powers. Even while at Viola, once Natasha became suspicious of the girl's true abilities she told her to always hide it and never let anyone know too much about the things she can do. This is why Emma has always tried to hide the fact that she can feel peoples' energy and the fact that their deaths are so painful. Only her ability to control plants is allowed to be made known, although some Destrillians (namely Idris) seem to have their suspicions after certain events have forced Emma to count on these abilities.

Emma is considered to be the plant Destrillian simply because that’s all she’s ever seen doing with her power. However, this is nowhere near the extent of her true potential. Plants are just simple enough organisms to be easily manipulated in her weakened state.

If she had not been subjected to the Destrillian experiments and allowed to develop naturally, she would probably be capable of her full potential right now, however, the Destrillian process seemed to have had the opposite effect than what was desired. The gland that Emma possesses to keep from having headaches (something that all Lyverius possess), doesn’t produce enough of the chemical it needs to keep the pain in check. This also retards her abilities immensely.

The absolute true nature of Emma’s power is not just to control plants, but to control all living things. If it’s alive, she has power over it. What she does in the dream in the pod room is a more accurate representation of what she can, and will, do. She can cause peoples’ bodies to change and become deformed. She can cause them to grow bigger, grow extra limbs, kill themselves, or even just die with a single thought.

The reasons she is effected by people’s emotions so much is because of the electrical currents inside their bodies. Emotions effect the way their energy radiates off their bodies, which is something that Emma has a hard time dealing with because of the damper that was put on her abilities. Years of living in Osea have taught her how to close herself off, but only to extent. If surrounded by enough people with strong enough emotions, she’ll have a very hard time shutting them off.

This is also why it is dangerous for her to try to track people. If she is trying to locate someone, she probably would have no trouble with it at all since everyone’s energy feels unique, however, she would be subjected to the emotions of everyone around her, and that can be very taxing and painful for her.

Another thing that is highly painful for Emma is the feeling of people dieing. This is not because she feels bad about it, although she usually does, but rather it is because when people die and she is nearby, the energy stored up in their bodies is transferred directly to her. It's as if she is shocked with a huge jolt of electricity every time someone dies. Essentially, she absorbs and stores the energy like a battery. This is another aspect of her abilities: the more people die the stronger she becomes. The “Old Man,” that Noen mentioned will be able to use this to his advantage.

When Emma is captured by the Lyverius, they will find a way to unblock the gland that secretes the chemical that stops the headaches, and from there her powers will grow immensely. This will also cause her to go completely insane, turning her into a rather sadistic and evil person. She will need the guidance of her friends and comrades to regain her sanity and overcome the guilt of her actions.

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
The epilogue will end with Hannah dying from old age at the ripe year of eight-hundred and something. Questions, queries, nuances?

I'd say that qualifies as fairly ripe, hurr. :awesome:

Also, send me a PM with the TWM link to the Fallimento post, and I'll see what I can add for my new character.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
- Zao will play an active role with Chulainn but I have no idea yet. Kris pls advice.
By Chulainn, do you mean Damascus as a whole? :monster: IIRC, Zao had dealt with Niska on the arms front, and Walker has a mansion/villa in Amarna.

Realised I missed some of the projects in Damascus the other day:

FURY -- NISKA
"The Fury. It kills superheroes."
The name comes from Marvel Comics, but the look comes from W40K. Basically, the Furies are cyborgs. The human components were chosen by the Niskans simply for their physical strength. These test subjects were then given tons of steroids, before replacing limbs and things with mechanical parts (e.g., the arms are replaced by weaponry, commonly either small cannons or chopping claws).

NEPHILIM -- DAMASCUS
Nephilim is a sub-program within some of the super-soldier projects. So far, I've only decided that Kaden and Alpharius (the first Psilencer) are subjects of it. Nephilim involves the introduction of a
namely, that of Sigmund Damask, the founder of modern day Damascus
, just to see what happens.

Basically, it doesn't make Kaden any different from other Animus, but due to genetic memory, he's slightly better at strategising. On the other hand, although the scientists don't realise it, the Nephilim strand was what triggered the mutation of the Psilencer gene.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
genetic memory
don'trantabouthowgeneticmemorymakesnosensedon'trantabouthowgeneticmemorymakesnosensedon'trantabouthowgeneticmemorymakesnosense

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
But elemental powers do? :awesome:
ELEMENTAL POWERS CAN POSSIBLY BE EXPLAINED AWAY BY SCIENCE (I HAVE ACTUALLY DONE THIS ONCE SOMEHOW)

GENETIC MEMORY DON'T.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
ELEMENTAL POWERS CAN POSSIBLY BE EXPLAINED AWAY BY SCIENCE (I HAVE ACTUALLY DONE THIS ONCE SOMEHOW)

GENETIC MEMORY DON'T.
Current scientific theory has it that genetic memory is improbable, but then, the existence of a computer is improbable. (It works by quantum, and no-one's really sure how.)

Besides, it's not really genetic memory as such, that's just a short hand.

(And it might not be best to tell you now that the disappearence of Hephaestus is due to imaginary number manipulation... XD)

TL;DR - It's just a show an RP, I should really just relax. :awesome:

TBH, I get freaked out at the sci-fi crap I include that could be viable in a decade or two (Early's anti-armour bullets = small shaped charges?).

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Current scientific theory has it that genetic memory is improbable, but then, the existence of a computer is improbable. (It works by quantum, and no-one's really sure how.)
genetic memory implies that DNA has some way of 'remembering' how a person utilized it. Memory is a function of cellular coordination as a whole and not by a single molecule (like DNA or mitochondria or what the hell ever).

It's like saying that someone with the same DNA as their identical twin will act in the same manner as the twin because there's no genetic reason for the two of them not to. But genes don't work in this way because genes merely hold the building blocks for a person, not on the whole who the prior person was. But genes no more contain the memory of what the person who used them did prior than a goldfish with a three second memory recalls what it had for breakfast around dinnertime.

There is certainly the fact that genes recognize when they have an error in them and will stop replication to die quietly, but that's really the extent of actual 'memory' that a gene has. It makes no more sense than Fringe saying that Olivia got her evil twins memories through 'memory' cells despite the fact that memory cells are only named as such because they are capable of specifically recalling antibodies to work against particular immunoattackers.

Besides, it's not really genetic memory as such, that's just a short hand.
o okay.

(And it might not be best to tell you now that the disappearence of Hephaestus is due to imaginary number manipulation... XD)
i hate math ngl

but what would the square root of -1 have to do with anything idgiaa

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
genetic memory implies that DNA has some way of 'remembering' how a person utilized it. Memory is a function of cellular coordination as a whole and not by a single molecule (like DNA or mitochondria or what the hell ever).

It's like saying that someone with the same DNA as their identical twin will act in the same manner as the twin because there's no genetic reason for the two of them not to. But genes don't work in this way because genes merely hold the building blocks for a person, not on the whole who the prior person was. But genes no more contain the memory of what the person who used them did prior than a goldfish with a three second memory recalls what it had for breakfast around dinnertime.

There is certainly the fact that genes recognize when they have an error in them and will stop replication to die quietly, but that's really the extent of actual 'memory' that a gene has. It makes no more sense than Fringe saying that Olivia got her evil twins memories through 'memory' cells despite the fact that memory cells are only named as such because they are capable of specifically recalling antibodies to work against particular immunoattackers.

o okay.

i hate math ngl

but what would the square root of -1 have to do with anything idgiaa
NANOMACHINES

Btw Kris, any plans you have for a certain corner of Damascus, as far as those wacky provincial supersoldier projects go? :oscar:

Top Bottom