• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

LA Noire

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
i heard about this a while ago and fell in love with the trailer (fuck, jazz music?! T_T aw, yer killin' me). wondering what happened to it, though, since there's not been any news.

have they actually shown any gameplay yet? all I see are movie-esque trailers and people raving about how it'll be awesome cause its about looking at people to see if they're lying or not. sounds riveting.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I honestly don't give half as much of a shit as most other people seem to be.

I mean, it looks pretty swish, don't get me wrong: they look incredibly well animated and lifelike for its time. And I'm sure Rockstar will write us a rippin' good yarn. But I don't understand why people seem to be shitting themselves with excitement over what they probably believe to be an instant gold-plated BAFTA over all others. And whatever technology they've implemented will look dated and poor in time.

So in other words: yeah I might like to buy this game. It won't be on my top priority of games to get.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
I might have pre-ordered it. If it flops, I just trade it in. If it's awesome, I keep it to play a few times. :monster:

have they actually shown any gameplay yet? all I see are movie-esque trailers and people raving about how it'll be awesome cause its about looking at people to see if they're lying or not. sounds riveting.

This trailer does a pretty good job of showing some gameplay and explaining how the game will work.

The game looks different from anything out there, and I'm glad to see them trying something like this. Pre-ordered it already.

Apparently suppose to have multiple endings and lots of replayability depending on your choices.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Fuck that shit I preordered the game, it looks awesome, and I'm going to have a blast playing it.

hatersgonnahate.gif

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
Fuck that shit I preordered the game, it looks awesome, and I'm going to have a blast playing it.

hatersgonnahate.gif

^This

I've been waiting for the game since they had that very first trailer come out that showed the two coppers running after this dude through the city with the badass jazz music. Way before there was any news about what the game was really about. And so far it's just been looking even more awesome as they show more about it. I've got it pre-ordered and will be picking that baby up on May 17th.

Mormz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dustin
Holy shit. Dem facial animations.
Those are brilliant. The walking animations seem a bit stiff/GTA-like. But, I liked GTA4, so I could live with it. Game looks pretty swell.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I have wanted this game since 5 years ago when we only had one article of information about the game.

Let's see if they pulled it off.

This trailer does a pretty good job of showing some gameplay and explaining how the game will work.

The game looks different from anything out there, and I'm glad to see them trying something like this. Pre-ordered it already.

Apparently suppose to have multiple endings and lots of replayability depending on your choices.
Seems interesting. But I can see the detective thing getting pretty boring for me.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
city with the badass jazz music.

jazz220.jpg

Jazz? Nice.

The facial animation looks to be the best I’ve ever seen, faces finally match the emotion in the voices, Bethesda & Bioware take note.

OK it looks interesting, I’m getting it :D

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I've been intrigued by this ever since I first knew it existed. It looks like exactly the sort of thing that would probably get me enthusiastically back into gaming. Unfortunately I don't have a PS3 or 360, so I probably won't be playing it until well after launch.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I can see that it's going to be a decent game, but what's got everyone so hyped about it?

Someone needs to explain this to me

I can see that it's going to be a decent game, but what's got everyone so hyped about it?

At least part of the hype is Rockstar's name on it, especially after all the awards Red Dead won.

Another thing is being completely unique. There isn't going to be anything like it, and in a time of way too many cock of doody rip offs it's refreshing.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

You can't see why people would be excited about a game where the primary activity is gathering clues, reading people's intentions and tells, and solving crimes?

The fuck did everyone become so short sighted.

Mormz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dustin

For me it's emotions the characters display and the fact that the purpose of the game is for you to focus on them to find out what you need to know.

I've got such a hard-on for those animations.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
It will be very interesting to see how shit turns out with the decisions you make based on judgement calls.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
You can't see why people would be excited about a game where the primary activity is gathering clues, reading people's intentions and tells, and solving crimes?

The fuck did everyone become so short sighted.

The Condemned series already does half of that :awesome:

I will admit that the period setting and reliance on complex facial animations is a nice selling point, but the detective mystery format in a video game doesn't feel like new news to me, is all.

Last edited:

Mormz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dustin
The Condemned series already does half of that :awesome:

I will admit that the period setting and reliance on complex facial animations is a nice selling point, but the detective mystery format in a video game doesn't feel like new news to me, is all.

Well, of course detective games aren't new. However, Rockstar has a habit of incorporating a rather gripping story into their games that's different than others of the genre. For instance, I really like 2K's Mafia series. It's pretty similar to GTA in many ways, and the story is very interesting to me. But, they don't have that same charm that Rockstar manages (somehow) to pull of in almost every game.

Also, GODDAMNTHEMFACIALANIMATIONS.

Top Bottom