New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I like you even more now^^ Just put in how much Clack and Cloropth rules and I'll love you.

Re your signature:

Why is it okay for you to support a pairing and write essays on how canon it is when it's obviously not, but not for Cleriths? Just curious.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
Re your signature:

Why is it okay for you to support a pairing and write essays on how canon it is when it's obviously not, but not for Cleriths? Just curious.

Hmm yeah. As a Clerith I am REALLY offended and hurt by your signature Eurasaingirl. If your belief that Clerith isn't the true OTP and Cloti is canon, then okay, but calling us stupid fantards ? Bit mean.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
Hmm yeah. As a Clerith I am REALLY offended and hurt by your signature Eurasaingirl. If your belief that Clerith isn't the true OTP and Cloti is canon, then okay, but calling us stupid fantards ? Bit mean.

So you are a proponent of the spiritsex theory?

Shipping Clerith =/= supporting spiritsex.
Shipping Clerith =/= horrible person.
Srsly.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
There has been a rather disappointing amount of fail in this thread the past several days.

Vendel

Banned
Shipping Clerith =/= supporting spiritsex.
Shipping Clerith =/= horrible person.
Srsly.

She is bitching about a sig that makes fun of the people who promote the spiritsex nonsense. If she is offended by that then one must wonder why?

Understand?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
That's hardly the only thing the signature "makes fun of", as you put it.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
This is the entire signature.
Support Clerith, because having spirit sex with someone you've only known for about a month sure beats a real lasting relationship with the one you've been in love with your whole life.

Fantard's logic does not compute...

Also... :pics: of Clerith or it didn't happen
It's a lot more than making fun of spirit sex (which only a very small, although admittedly vocal, minority of Clerith shippers even believe in) and asking for pics, and it's not difficult to see why people who enjoy the pairing but don't support the notion of spirit sex might be bothered by it. For starters because it could be construed to imply that anyone who enjoys the pairing would support the notion of spirit sex.

Vendel

Banned
It's a lot more than making fun of spirit sex (which only a very small, although admittedly vocal, minority of Clerith shippers even believe in) and asking for pics, and it's not difficult to see why people who enjoy the pairing but don't support the notion of spirit sex might be bothered by it. For starters because it could be construed to imply that anyone who enjoys the pairing would support the notion of spirit sex.

Or maybe some people are just looking for a reason to be offended?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
That's an absurdly uncharitable interpretation. Though it's hardly the first time you've been uncharitable to Clerith fans for no discernible reason so I can't say I'm surprised.

Last edited:

EurAsianGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
FireMikoKagomechan
Or maybe some people are just looking for a reason to be offended?

Thank you for defending me, I like you :)

Also to the Clerith people on this thread: Nothing in my sig says that Cleriths are horrible people I did not say that, I am simply making fun of the absurdity of some of their arguments and about that infamous Clerith fanfiction I'm sure you all know about where Cloud has spirit sex with Aeris.

EurAsianGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
FireMikoKagomechan
Re your signature:

How do you know it's not canon, have you watched/read the Inuyasha series. Again just take a look at my essay again, at the very least the pairing is *semi-canon* concerning Sesshomaru's feelings. Again I have all the evidence and quotes from the series and just the series as well as common sense regarding the author's attitudes towards gay relationships, past works, and general common sense regarding the difference between platonic and romantic love.

Clerith shippers on the other hand try to use evidence from outside sources of the canon and their evidence has no passionate feelings in it and could just be seen as Cloud caring platonically for Aeris. (Also Cloti has been announced as canon so yeah there's really no basis anymore for Cleriths, Sesshomaru on the other hand hasn't been announced to be canon with anybody so there's also a wider room for speculation on his part.)

EurAsianGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
FireMikoKagomechan
Also another problem I have with *Most* not all but *Most* Cleriths is that they constantly bring up the "Tifa doesn't deserve Cloud because she was cruel to him, and helped bully/didn't stop the bullying in his childhood, she also excluded him and intentionally lied to him and OMG!!11" card.

Its really getting fucking annoying, especially when they claim that Clerith is a better pairing simply on the basis that Aeris was "nicer" to Cloud.

I see no way in canon that Tifa was even REMOTELY cruel to Cloud, what they're doing is basically just character bashing over a ship. Tifa is a good girl and I hate to see her getting ripped to shreds by the fandom, particularly the Cleriths.

(Also liking a pairing over the other just because one of the people in that pairing treats the other person "nicer" is kind of shallow reason to like a pairing, doncha think)

Vendel

Banned
That's an absurdly uncharitable interpretation. Though it's hardly the first time you've been uncharitable to Clerith fans for no discernible reason so I can't say I'm surprised.

If only there was a way to differentiate between your basic shipper and the crazy spiritsex type people? So we don't have to have a massive disclaimer every time someone wants to point out their absurdity.

Oh wait, we did do that. But people got offended by that as well.

Maybe we should just make a list of who has C-Word privileges?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
If only there was a way to differentiate between your basic shipper and the crazy spiritsex type people. So we don't have to have a massive disclaimer every time someone wants to point out their absurdity.

EurAsianGirl's signature does not do that. So I'm not sure why you're bringing this up. Obviously some people will get offended no matter how specific others are. However if you can't see why a lot more people than that would be offended by a signature that is so vague and unspecific in its wording that it might reasonably be interpreted as implying every Clerith shipper is a crazy spirit sex type person ("Support Clerith, because," as though it's the reason to support Clerith) then I don't know what to tell you.

Furthermore, just because making a distinction does not prevent everyone from getting offended does not mean one should not continue being as specific as possible and refraining from making sweeping generalisations. Sweeping generalisations, after all, are hardly accurate in most cases and therefore do not do wonders for one's own credibility.

Or maybe people could just take the small trouble to distinguish between regular Clerith shippers and pinkers in their posts instead of referring to Clerith shippers as a monolithic group. It's not particularly difficult to do.

Also to the Clerith people on this thread: Nothing in my sig says that Cleriths are horrible people I did not say that, I am simply making fun of the absurdity of some of their arguments and about that infamous Clerith fanfiction I'm sure you all know about where Cloud has spirit sex with Aeris.
Yeah, see, the thing is, your sig doesn't differentiate between the crazy people and the people who just think the pairing is cute. And you're continuing to generalise even in this post. You're saying "their arguments" as though Cleriths are a monolithic group who all have the same views. They most assuredly do not, just as shippers of pretty much any other pairing imaginable do not.

Also another problem I have with *Most* not all but *Most* Cleriths is that they constantly bring up the "Tifa doesn't deserve Cloud because she was cruel to him, and helped bully/didn't stop the bullying in his childhood, she also excluded him and intentionally lied to him and OMG!!11" card.
And you're doing it here too. It has not been my experience that "most Cleriths" do this. Perhaps most people who still argue that Clerith is canon do this, but these people do not represent "most Cleriths."

How do you know it's not canon, have you watched/read the Inuyasha series. Again just take a look at my essay again, at the very least the pairing is *semi-canon* concerning Sesshomaru's feelings. Again I have all the evidence and quotes from the series and just the series as well as common sense regarding the author's attitudes towards gay relationships, past works, and general common sense regarding the difference between platonic and romantic love.
You have been repeatedly told to stop posting this nonsense, and you have already managed to get two of your own threads closed as a result of it. If you continue to persist in bringing it up, particularly in topics where it is not even relevant, there will almost certainly be adverse consequences for your account such as infractions and possibly bannings.

Last edited:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
So... does this mean EurAsianGirlxVendel is canon? I call this ship VENDELIANGIRL :reptar:

/ban'd

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
If only there was a way to differentiate between your basic shipper and the crazy spiritsex type people? So we don't have to have a massive disclaimer every time someone wants to point out their absurdity.

Sir, you are defending a girl who ships gay incest because she is a 'feminist' and thinks that the damaging effects of incest do not effect men.

But if that's the sort of image you wish to propagate, then by all means, do so.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Tell me you don't want this:
celty-sexy.jpg

I want so bad...

ironman.robertmarc.gif

Vendel

Banned
Sir, you are defending a girl who ships gay incest because she is a 'feminist' and thinks that the damaging effects of incest do not effect men.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the conversation at hand. C-Word vs gay incest? It's all the same to me.

Unless we have a group of people who feel the need to run in and defend those that ship gay incest because they might get offended?

But I guess people just don't get as asshurt over that as they do about C-Word.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I'm not sure what that has to do with the conversation at hand. C-Word vs gay incest? It's all the same to me.

Unless we have a group of people who feel the need to run in and defend those that ship gay incest because they might get offended?
I was saying that EurAsianGirl claims that gay incest is the canon route in a manga in this thread and others on the forum.

I'm just saying there is some serious pot/kettle action here if she thinks that cleriths are insane for shipping Cloud/Aerith while she continues to say that people who do not ship a guy in another fandom and his father just aren't seeing the true canon of the series at all.

Vendel

Banned
I was saying that EurAsianGirl claims that gay incest is the canon route in a manga in this thread and others on the forum.

I'm just saying there is some serious pot/kettle action here if she thinks that cleriths are insane for shipping Cloud/Aerith while she continues to say that people who do not ship a guy in another fandom and his father just aren't seeing the true canon of the series at all.

She can be an unhinged loon. Doesn't make the spiretsex followers any more logical.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
She can be an unhinged loon. Doesn't make the spiretsex followers any more logical.
It also doesn't mean every clerith is a spiritsex follower who devoutly masturbates to angelalex's fic every night.
Alex said:
Is this like the way people trash TLS on other forums for being openly hostile and intolerant of Cleriths because of the way that the people in the LTD (one thread with a minority of members) behave towards them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom