• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Zee, I can always count on you to bring this back to lesbians. :awesome:

So, AerTi canon, yes?

valentine-1.jpg

I dare you to argue they are less canon than Fang/Vanille. I DARE YOU. :shifty:

That picture always makes me think of the series 'You're under Arrest.' Tifa looks so much like Miyuki for some reason.

And yes, take the rest of it to the Aeti club. It's what they exist for, for crying out loud.

Fine then, new topic.

Seeing as their years gaps between different installments, being OG, AC, CC, and our own translations of the Ultimanias, do you think your ideas shifted from what was canon?

Yes. The hypotheses and explanations have shifted and become clearer with additional/ revised information. I don't think that the scenario has shifted significantly, however.

Even those who thought OG made Cloti canon, you didn't even think that there was any wiggle room for Clerith argument? And that later installments just solidified the "fact."

Well, the biggest wiggle room for Clerith in the OG was the 'everybody died' interpretation for the ending. Apart from that, though, the death barrier and the Lifestream revelations made things quite unlikely. I found then, as I do now, that while the possibility was not impossible, it was still mostly assumed, and especially in the early days, the conclusion was the argument and Cleriths of the day were demanding they be proved wrong rather than providing evidence in support of the pair.

Last edited:

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
apparently what people ship and why makes them dumb

so insightful eurasiangirl

so INSIGHTFUL

this thread is hilarious always

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
yessss i change my username a lot haha

also i used to be dumber on these forums my old posts are cringe cringe cringe

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I thought it was pretty obvious that my signature was directed only towards the nutty Cleriths, I didn't for it to imply ALL Cleriths.

Also I don't believe all Clerith's are crazy, just the ones that still think Clerith is canon. I'm okay with people that are just simple fans of the pairing and acknowledge that it's not canon but those that STILL think they have a basis for their argument that Clerith is canon annoy the fuck out of me and I feel they're quite honestly crazy, since it's been stated outright in plain words and images from the Compilation and Ultimania that Cloud/Tifa is canon.

Seriously the signs for them being canon can't get anymore obvious, it's almost like Cleriths can't pick up huge freaking hints and need a big flashing boulboard by Square shouting, "ATTENTION CLOTI IS CANON!!!!" Tell me that doesn't make someone retarded if they need that kind of announcement for them to finally get it through their heads.

That's why I find most of them crazy or just plain dumb because they really can't see the way things are even though it's practically spelled out right in front of their noses.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Wow you guys all read what she writes - I just can't. My eyes shift when they see the red font and I scroll quickly. Guess I also spare my brain with that technic.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I thought it was pretty obvious that my signature was directed only towards the nutty Cleriths, I didn't for it to imply ALL Cleriths.

Also I don't believe all Clerith's are crazy, just the ones that still think Clerith is canon. I'm okay with people that are just simple fans of the pairing and acknowledge that it's not canon but those that STILL think they have a basis for their argument that Clerith is canon annoy the fuck out of me and I feel they're quite honestly crazy, since it's been stated outright in plain words and images from the Compilation and Ultimania that Cloud/Tifa is canon.

Seriously the signs for them being canon can't get anymore obvious, it's almost like Cleriths can't pick up huge freaking hints and need a big flashing boulboard by Square shouting, "ATTENTION CLOTI IS CANON!!!!" Tell me that doesn't make someone retarded if they need that kind of announcement for them to finally get it through their heads.

That's why I find most of them crazy or just plain dumb because they really can't see the way things are even though it's practically spelled out right in front of their noses.

Also as for the Inuyasha thing....Sorry I mentioned it in this forum I was just responding to the post Quexinos made about it. I won't bring it up again in this forum and I saw your post in my closed Inuyasha thread and I promise I won't make anymore threads regarding that subject, so don't worry.

Thank you for being so understanding, Mr./Ms Mod :)
I'm just going to repeat what I said after your first thread was closed:
I'm just going to add that it would be nice if people could refrain from directly insulting other posters, regardless of the overwhelming stupidity they may post. (And, yes, there was a lot of overwhelming stupidity posted in this thread). Feel free to call the overwhelming stupidity in said posts for what it is, but we do have a rule against personal insults, even if we haven't been particularly consistent at enforcing it lately.

To clarify: "Your post is idiotic" is fine. "You are an idiot" is not.
Some of the people you are referring to have been members of TLS. They may not have posted in recent memory, but your post is still technically insulting members of TLS. We already have a bad enough reputation when it comes to the LTD without people calling other members of the community things like "retarded". Feel free to attack their views as much as possible; I will probably agree with most of the attacks. However, the direct personal attacks are still out of line, and people have indeed been complaining about them, as Alex's much-repeated quote indicates:
Is this like the way people trash TLS on other forums for being openly hostile and intolerant of Cleriths because of the way that the people in the LTD (one thread with a minority of members) behave towards them?
Additionally, I predict that it would probably be greatly appreciated if you updated your signature to make it clear that it is not referring to all Cleriths.

Thank you for agreeing to drop the Inuyasha nonsense; that is much appreciated.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Oh, also, forgot to respond to this.

A sig mocking clotis or calling them delusional would have been met with mockery and ridicule, (and a feeling of superiority because clotis rule:awesome:) and not: "Ouch, that hurts. You don't know me in real life, so how dare you mock my shipping preference." I'm not trying to pick on you, but really, it's a minor, minor thing. Shippers ARE fantards. ALL OF THEM. If that hurts someone, then sorry (well, not all that sorry). But, seriously, actually giving a rats ass about fictional characters to the point of debating them is a bit 'tarded. :loopy: And I'm a shipper.
"Fantard" is derived from the root words "fan" and "retard". I don't think it's particularly difficult to see why people might feel insulted by being labelled with the term.

Vendel

Banned
However, the direct personal attacks are still out of line, and people have indeed been complaining about them, as Alex's much-repeated quote indicates:
Is this like the way people trash TLS on other forums for being openly hostile and intolerant of Cleriths because of the way that the people in the LTD (one thread with a minority of members) behave towards them?

Gee I wonder how this bad reputation started? Because from what I have seen it is the usual suspects. "Hey everyone I went to TLS and C/P something from FFG and they didn't take it seriously, then I posted on the front page and they didn't believe me there either".

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I'm quite certain that's not the only reason TLS has a bad reputation. For instance, there's also the fact that people have been calling Clerith shippers "retarded," which is in direct violation of the rules. It wasn't being enforced in the past, but it will be enforced going further.

Vendel

Banned
I'm quite certain that's not the only reason TLS has a bad reputation. For instance, there's also the fact that people are calling Clerith shippers "retarded."

Funny how that sort of thing doesn't seem to happen in the shipping clubs this forum is just silly with. No we had to deal the the ones who came around and spouted nonsense about the KH credits or a commercial made in 1997.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Your point? It shouldn't be happening anywhere. It's against forum rules.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Oh, also, forgot to respond to this.

"Fantard" is derived from the root words "fan" and "retard". I don't think it's particularly difficult to see why people might feel insulted by being labelled with the term.

You don't say? Thanks for clearing that up, because surely I didn't know. Also, for the record 'retard' means to impede, to slow, to delay. There are those, of course, that only view the word as it's insult to intelligence, but whatever. And, yes, being a shipper and being obsessive is fantarded. It delays the ability to step back and be objective.

And if people wanna get butthurt offended on the internet by 'fantard' then I say: "Bwuahahahahahahaha, boy, is the real world gonna be a bitch for you."

Are we seriously policing signatures and modding conversations to avoid hurt feelings? :shifty:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch

So, let me get this straight...Eurasianchick (or whatever) gets pages of wank about her signature over the use of 'fantard' but THIS here is perfectly acceptable? Not to mention the mocking of everything from her intelligence to the red font in her signature. In fact, aside from general 'clerith' I've not read her attack anyone directly (unless in a thread I don't read) and yet I see countless responses calling her out personally. Hypocrisy, your name is TLS.

Read the fucking post. She's saying nothing that Ryu, Vendel, and a handful of other people haven't already said (myself included); that Clerith is NOT canon, shipping it is fine, ignoring the facts in favor of Clerith is Canon is dumb. You don't like her? Don't agree with her Daddy/son ew-fest incest? Fine, whatever. But stop with the bullshit superiority. We have all called names and made ridiculous asses of ourselves over fictional characters.

Wanna go back through some posts? Wanna go back 20 pages and have Ryu call me an asshat and me call him a whiny bitch? Wanna grab every single one of Vendels posts? Or how about Drakes open confession to actively hating Vennie?

Hell, even Aaron said her post was a sweeping generalization, thus harming her own credibility before moving on to say that direct insults were a violation of TLS policy. So, it's what, a direct-sweeping-generalization? Oxymoron anyone?

This is bullshit. Grow a pair, thicken your skin, or GTFO.

**waits for mod-slap**

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
to the red font in her signature.

In my defense, I honestly really never paid attention to the small red text. :monster: As for her signature and the InuYashaxFFVII, I could care less about it. I did tell people to lay off her, but I don't really think anyone took me seriously.

As for pairing her up with Vendel... :awesome: Vendel is a good person to ship with people. :awesome: VendelxEurAsianGirl = Love Against Clerithdom, VendelxDrake = Rival!Hate!Shipping (latter is really sexy, btw)

Also... is it not okay for me to call rabid Twilight fans 'Twihards/Twitards' anymore? :sadpanda:

/missing the point

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Gee I wonder how this bad reputation started? Because from what I have seen it is the usual suspects. "Hey everyone I went to TLS and C/P something from FFG and they didn't take it seriously, then I posted on the front page and they didn't believe me there either".
because i am sure insulting members of this forum for things they have posted in the past and posting random goddamn shit from youtube and how those people are obviously retarded will only get us shining reviews from people of the clerith community.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
And yes, take the rest of it to the Aeti club. It's what they exist for, for crying out loud.

Sorry, mods. Forgot that LTD = srs bzns. :awesome:

Fine, on topic, then. Following what Splintered said.

Used to debate back in the good ole days when it was just FF7. So yeah, going from my experiences there, nothing was really all that canon because a lot of things weren't set in stone and really were left up to fan interpretation (the dates, the highwind scene, etc.). Now, with all the added stuff, I do believe CloTi is pretty obvious but I don't think the notion of Clerith is completely killed off.

So yeah, there is some wiggle room for it, otherwise, wouldn't the LTD be really dead? :awesome:

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
FHS, I understand where you're coming from. I also subscribe to the belief that if you can't take a few mean words the internet probably isn't the place for you, and that everyone proooobably needs to grow thicker skins.

that being said the name calling really isn't the root of this issue.

her signature was this sweeping generalization that's been keeping a chunk of the fandom from even joining these forums, and her behavior is not only more than slightly obnoxious but it's also not contributing anything.

it's not like we don't hate it when Ryu or Vendel does this shit too, I know damn well I've seen Aki tell Ryu to shut the fuck up at least once.

honestly I would really like it if more people from the CxA circles joined up around here, not because of some shipper peace treaty bullshit but because they're cool people and they would add more life into these forums. I love TLS, I want to have as many active members as possible. But when Vendel won't shut up about Youtube posts and Eurasiangirl insists on making 20 threads about how DUMB EVERYONE ELSE'S SHIP IS LOL it makes this forum look like it's full of the kind of shipping wank just about everyone is sick of.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Winter, I'm totally with you, on your whole post, actually. My irritation simply stems from watching this thread turn into a sorority of fandom bitches that for some reason assume they are the authoritative voice for all of fandom yet continue to perpetuate the same shit their wanking about.

I'd like to see more participation by Cleriths--not so much here, because the LTD for all intents and purposes is dead. But in character theory. How would they view the dynamics of Cloud and Tifa in a fanon verse where Clerith took place, etc. How would they reconcile Aerith's feelings had she lived, about her Cetra heritage, Tseng, Zack, etc. That kind of shit is interesting. /mini-wish-list

Annnyway, my apologies for making it seem as if I didn't find the signature dumb or irrelevant, because it is. However, the larger issue for me is the hypocrisy.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
FHS, I understand where you're coming from. I also subscribe to the belief that if you can't take a few mean words the internet probably isn't the place for you, and that everyone proooobably needs to grow thicker skins.

that being said the name calling really isn't the root of this issue.

her signature was this sweeping generalization that's been keeping a chunk of the fandom from even joining these forums, and her behavior is not only more than slightly obnoxious but it's also not contributing anything.

it's not like we don't hate it when Ryu or Vendel does this shit too, I know damn well I've seen Aki tell Ryu to shut the fuck up at least once.

honestly I would really like it if more people from the CxA circles joined up around here, not because of some shipper peace treaty bullshit but because they're cool people and they would add more life into these forums. I love TLS, I want to have as many active members as possible. But when Vendel won't shut up about Youtube posts and Eurasiangirl insists on making 20 threads about how DUMB EVERYONE ELSE'S SHIP IS LOL it makes this forum look like it's full of the kind of shipping wank just about everyone is sick of.

ecugY.gif

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
will only get us shining reviews from people of the clerith community.
We have a frontpage END OF LTD article only the dumbest will try to argue against. I don't think TLS eagerly set up camp to wait for the glowing Cleris reviews that would never come.

that's been keeping a chunk of the fandom from even joining these forums
Cleriths are not a CHUNK of the fandom. Especially the ones who still believe it to have any roots in canon. The only ones I've seen butthurt, are the ones who've been active in the debates and still are (behind walls). Most of the criticism of TLS has been with regards to how they are obviously CLOTI. From thsoe same Clerises. LOL. As opposed to just using their braincells. Need work on your propaganda.
You are the only one makigna big deal out of this.

honestly I would really like it if more people from the CxA circles joined up around here,
They can come. No on gives a shit if they're Cleris or Clukki. The registration isn't barred. There are no Clerith-only fountains. FFS.

it makes this forum look like it's full of the kind of shipping wank just about everyone is sick of.
....LTD is only 1 thread. It can be easily avoided.

If we're gonna all play victim, I'm equally offended by these gross generalizations of TLS :monster:

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
We have a frontpage END OF LTD article only the dumbest will try to argue against. I don't think TLS eagerly set up camp to wait for the glowing Cleris reviews that would never come.
Okay, then could you please explain to me what harassing current members with old views that they had years ago actually does for TLS? Or maybe Vendel posting random shit about people he's harassing and calling them retarded when they may not even know or care about TLS?

I'm not saying that hardcore canon-shipping Cleriths are gonna line up to join TLS, but the already hostile environment for known shippers certainly isn't helping anyone.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'm not sure this forum is any more hostile to Cleriths than it is anyone else. TLS can be a hostile environment over just about anything. Vendel is certainly hostile to them, but consider how hostile everyone is to him. And Username, and anyone at any given minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom