• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well as Aaron and I have stated several times now we hope to cull the rudeness. But you would garner the exact reaction if you said "I think its canon that Rufus was the true villain of FF7," that has far more to do with a wrong statement than the fact that its relating to shipping.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
You do that. My opinions are not new, unique or unfounded. If you wish I'll respond to the rest of your post.

These are the posts I mean are implying that for everything said Cloti something equivalent must be said Clerith.
No one is saying that.

Or that the mere mention of Cloti's canonicity (or even something unrelated, some joke about Cloud and Tifa doing it, for instance) is INHERENTLY Clerith-bashing.

No one is saying that either. If this were a real-life conversation I'd write this down and hold it up because I'm tired to having to say it over and over - it isn't that you guys are pro-Cloti, it's the way you present yourselves.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
oh hell can we just not bring up racism in a shipping discussion even in a humorous light just pleaes no

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
Well as Aaron and I have stated several times now we hope to cull the rudeness. But you would garner the exact reaction if you said "I think its canon that Rufus was the true villain of FF7," that has far more to do with a wrong statement than the fact that its relating to shipping.
And that's fine! I don't mind a bit of snark here and there but the overall rudeness about something as petty as SHIPPING of all things is what drives me nuts.

I hope I'm making myself clear here. I'm not trying to make TLS soft and fluffy, I'm not trying to save poor innocent shippers from horrible internet words, I'm just trying to get us to drop this smug act over something that really doesn't matter and only serves to make us look ridiculous.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
No one is saying that either. If this were a real-life conversation I'd write this down and hold it up because I'm tired to having to say it over and over - it isn't that you guys are pro-Cloti, it's the way you present yourselves.

Yes, you did say that, by responding to this:

But if that's what the majority of the people here believe, the threads are going to have an inherent bias that we can't get rid of.

with this:

I agree, if it's how you guys are then it's how you guys are and it's how the forum is. If you guys really want to be the pro-Cloti Clerith-bashing type of site then I won't oppose such, it's your forum and you guys can run it how you like.

That is exactly you saying any Cloti-bias is Clerith-bashing, even if it was not intended.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Well with Clerith being canon that is more like 'I think Jenova is the real villain of FF7' which is more about a lack of evidence pointing toward Sephiroth that they had seen as opposed to evidence pointing towards Jenova.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
That is exactly you saying any Cloti-bias is Clerith-bashing, even if it was not intended.

You're twisting what I said and you know it. "pro-Cloti" and "Clerith-bashing" were used as two different descriptors in that sentence, I never said to be the former is to be the latter. I don't appreciate people putting words in my mouth.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Are you being serious?

If you guys really want to be the pro-Cloti Clerith-bashing type of site then I won't oppose such, it's your forum and you guys can run it how you like.

Me not taking those terms together in a sentence with no comma, and "type of site" in the singular is me knowingly and wantonly twisting your words?

@Aki: It's really difficult to argue either of those two points anymore though.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
@Aki: It's really difficult to argue either of those two points anymore though.
Honestly, I'd say Sephiroth was the villain that the game was going for considering all the stuff he did of his own volition while Jenova was the thing that was able to keep him alive and whatnot.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Me not taking those terms together in a sentence with no comma, and "type of site" in the singular is me knowingly and wantonly twisting your words?

Oh please. Don't try and turn this back on me because you can't. You misread what I said, purposefully or not I don't care. Bottom line is I never said it, nor do I think such, and with that there's nothing else to say on that tangent of the conversation.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
**slams head to wall**

I do not care if you call her a Clito. I don't care if you call her a retard. I do not care if the terms pinker, shipper, fantard are thrown around like confetti. News flash: I'm one of the aggressive ones. However, the point I was trying to make--that apparently sailed right over your head--was that you can't berate someone for labeling a general shipping group as 'fantards' while simultaneously labeling that person directly with an unfavorable name. (even if it's "not as bad") Do you see how that's dumb?
Maybe I did not express myself clearly, most likely since my post was dashed off before work. I got what you were trying to argue, more or less, but my point was there has to be a line somewhere. If you really think calling someone a made-up derogatory term that literally means "person with extreme views on the LTD" for saying dumb things in the LTD is even remotely comparable to actually being called retarded, then I don't know what to tell you. People call Clerith shippers pinkers in this thread all the time. If you want to get rid of the term "Clito" then you have to get rid of the term "pinker" as well. And I'm not sure how the LTD would function without them. We have to draw the line somewhere. Having "Clito" and "pinker" be acceptable seems an appropriate place. Because I know damn well that no one is going to stop using the term "pinker" no matter how much we try to stop them.

Let me be clear, because apparently I lost you somewhere. I think policing sigs and conversations and debates to prevent 'hurt feelings' is dumb. I think Drake saying that he wants Vendel to be in a wood chipper is far more damaging, insulting and in need of moderation than a girl calling a rival ship 'idiotic'.
Fine, if that's what you think then lobby to have the flaming rules changed. As they currently stand it is not directly insulting, and it does not qualify as flaming. I don't really care what the rules are, as long as there's a clear definition for them. There probably is a better way to define what is insulting and what isn't; the current definition is horrendously vague and open to interpretation. Come up with one that's workable and we'll certainly be open to changing it.

And, for the record, Drake may very much dislike Vendel, but you can't honestly expect anyone to believe that his "shipping with a woodchipper" thing was anything but an over-the-top exaggeration.

Also, even if there are a few people being assholes, whatever counts as being an asshole by new Cleris standards....WHY IS ALL OF TLS RESPONSIBLE?
Well, the quote of Alex's that started all this very explicitly blames the problem on a small group of people. Granted, there may have been something on one of the pages after my hitherto most recent post that I missed because I only skimmed some of the discussion.

I'll also note for the record, if Vendel wasn't such an insufferable prick and was occasionally punished by the staff for being such towards other members, I wouldn't treat him as I do.
For the record, if in the future he breaks the rules and is not punished for doing so, report his posts and we will deal with them. In return you could stand to tone down your future posts towards him.

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
For the record, if in the future he breaks the rules and is not punished for doing so, report his posts and we will deal with them. In return you could stand to tone down your future posts towards him.

I don't need to report him, the staff posts here often enough, you know how he acts. As for me, very well, I'll try and be more civil. Excuse me though if I don't hold my breath waiting for him to do the same.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I don't need to report him, the staff posts here often enough, you know how he acts.
I do, but I very rarely see him directly insulting people. Furthermore, just because some of us read this thread doesn't necessarily mean we do so very carefully. Especially when there are as many pages of new poasts as there have been today.

As for me, very well, I'll try and be more civil. Excuse me though if I don't hold my breath waiting for him to do the same.
Thank you.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Okay, what the fuck is the issue here? I don't get it.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
So I caught up and know that no one gives a rat's ass about wtf I think, so this is all I'll post:
Shirtstorm? More like some mild anal leakage.

You were saying? :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Okay, what the fuck is the issue here? I don't get it.

We're trying to stop getting people to be so shitty to one another because this one debate is largely responsible for TLS having a reputation as a hostile forum. Various people disagree on how it should be done, and it's readily apparent that certain people just really don't like each other. Also Drake compared something or other to racism that apparently upset some people and apparently I use my admin powers to force my opinions down people's throats. Apparently. There was probably other interesting stuff that happened in the past several pages but I'm trying to tune it out because I'm already cringing enough as it is.

Last edited:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I'm beginning to think a large chunk of people invested in this debate are clinically retarded for willing to rip the community apart over their beliefs in a fictional relationship over nonexistent video game characters.

Yes, discussion is fine. Yes, debate is fine. Yes, heated, protracted debate is fine, but all this mess over the LTD? Are you really kidding me? Are you REALLY kidding me. I feel I don't even have to really validate what I'm saying because you should be ashamed of yourselves. I mean holy fucking shit. As in, literally holy shit as in, a person taking a shit.

I mean fucking look at yourselves. Cut it out. Believe what you believe, but don't attack others for it.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Yeah. If it gets any worse, I will close the thread for a while and give everyone time outs.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Also yes, before anyone points it out, yes I'm a Staff member and *gasp* I directed the word 'retard' towards a person(s) (no one in particular).

I'm big on the spirit of the rule instead of the exact law itself; the difference between that and some of you calling each other retards, is that the flaming I've seen in this topic is entirely malicious and intrisically worthless. I've taken time out of my night to come into this topic and try to salvage it and make everyone cool off and realize what's going on, and I actually give a damn about the community, and if your devotion to a love triangle debate is bigger than giving someone mutual respect, then yeah, perhaps it is time to close this topic until further notice.

I really hate to be THAT guy, but come on guys, I mean, for real. You have to learn how to get along.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Go Mog :D

1. In all honesty, do we need that "LTD OVER LUL!" thing anymore? I mean from what I gathered it was retaliation for some Cleriths being so hostile over the forum and Tres' essay. Things have calmed down now, it's not needed. Keep the translation up, but lose the smug article.

A lot of people who post on TNC or wherever carry over that smug attitude and it's just...
Uhm, no, not even close. I'm surprised to hear you even attempt to bring this up. Just no. There are Cleriths there who LIKE posting and who aren't offended by anyone and like debating there... so... no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom