• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster [PS3/PS4/Vita]

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
IGN said:
Square-Enix dropped a bombshell at today's Sony press conference at Tokyo Game Show. With the tenth anniversary of Final Fantasy X coming up, Square thought it would release an HD version of Final Fantasy X.

Details are currently scarce, as the game is still in development. But Final Fantasy X HD will be coming to both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/13/final-fantasy-x-is-being-remade-for-playstation-3-and-vita/

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1194253p1.html

HNNNGGGGHHHHH OH YES.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
if this is the international version

they just sold themselves a ps3

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I suppose I could see why X would be a good choice. It was the first PS2 game, and has a good following, not to mention X-2. Might not be too difficult to keep what was there, and just improve it and alter the coding enough so that it runs on the PS3.

So that's one PSX/PS2 era FF down..... next?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
omg

tumblr_lrhvz2Qb871qip4ff.gif

omgomgomgomgomg

tumblr_lrhv3jxZYu1qlsb09.gif

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

o-oh god square p-please touch my vagina

^^This so much

tumblr_lrhxm1CaBY1qbdmjeo1_400.gif

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Man, months after I get myself a new copy of Final Fantasy X!

*flips table over*

Kidding, I can't wait~

lol what is Versus XIII again?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I suppose if there weren't so many better games that deserve a PS3 more (FF6, FF7, KH1) I'd be excited. But as it stands.... "meh". I already wanted a PS3 for FF13 but it isn't an immediate priority. This doesn't change my stance at all.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
yeah I still really, really want FF6 & FF7, but I'm still excited for FFX \o/

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
FFVI has been rereleased about four times, though. =/

BZT, we're sorry, that answer is incorrect. The answer we were looking for is "once", as all other releases aside from the Advance release have just been ports of the same base game with no additional features. And we're being generous to the Advance release by counting a post-game dungeon and four new Espers as "additional features".

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I'm not talking about a small upgrade or w/e. I want full on remakes.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Sure, that'd be nice. But they've at least done SOMETHING for FFVI. The audience has expanded after its rerelease on...what, four platforms now? Admittedly, PS3/PS1 can be considered the same thing, but still.

Some people want FFXII rereleased (I wouldn't be averse to this myself); I think it'd be pretty awesome if they redid the entire series from the very beginning in HD, and made sure to include the International bells and whistles from the games that had them.

Except X-2...because ew.

(also I heard that Last Mission wasn't all that great anyway)

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
...which still count as rereleases.

No they don't. It's the exact same game in gameplay and graphics, just on a different system, that doesn't count. I'm talking an actual remake with better graphics and new gameplay features. Even in terms of the Advance releases FF6 got the shaft, it had the least improvements from the original game compared to the other 5 Advance FFs.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Is it the same game as SNES FFIII?

No.

That pretty much defines rerelease, man.

You're arguing the semantics of "FFVI has had a rerelease; FFX hasn't" when there's...nothing to argue. It's a fact. :huh:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I don't consider these HD releases to be remakes anyway. It's just the same stuff with less pixelation.

I'm not expecting a full - blown remake like people in this thread seem to be thinking and want for the older games.

Added content, sure, but it's mainly just being recoded or whatever to run on Blu-Ray. :P

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
^I don't see them adding a ton of new content or anything, but just adding the International is an amazing start. Add making-of DLC or ultimania stuff or just slap a bit of creator commentary on the inaugural blitz game and call it done a la Square tradition and there you go. :P

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Is it the same game as SNES FFIII?

Yes.

You're arguing the semantics of "FFVI has had a rerelease; FFX hasn't" when there's...nothing to argue. It's a fact. :huh:
FFX has had far more attention and is a far more recent release on a much more advanced system. FF6 has had squat. It and FF9 are the most overlooked main games in the series. THAT is a fact. (EDIT - and to be fair, FF8 as well)

FF1, FF2 and FF4 have been released in some form of remake for almost every video game system on the market in the last ten years.
FF3 had a DS remake, one of only two games to get one, and had its plot and story overhauled to incorporate new characters.
FF5 had an anime spin-off, and you could argue for Gilgamesh if you want.
FF10 and FF12 had sequels.

No love for 6, 8 or 9. All we get are a couple Itadaki and KH cameos, and a half-assed GBA port.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
^I don't see them adding a ton of new content or anything, but just adding the International is an amazing start. Add making-of DLC or ultimania stuff or just slap a bit of creator commentary on the inaugural blitz game and call it done a la Square tradition and there you go. :P

Indeed.

My main point being that there isn't as much to this as some people thing.

A HD remake of X is far easier than remakes of VI and VII, which in turn means higher profits.

So there you go. :) I'm just excited for HD and trophies. Mainly trophies. I've been jonsing for another run through of FFX. If this comes out within a fair amount of time it will be all good. :)

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
FFX has never had more attention than VI, given that roughly 40% of the FF fandom loudly declares it to be the best of the bunch (the other 60% says VII or any of the others).

You also seem to forget that the PS3 is newer than the PS2...

Also, I'd say PSOne, GBA, Wii, and PSN isn't exactly OVERLOOKING anything.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
FF6 wasn't released on the wii...

And PSN is the same exact game... are you really counting that?

Top Bottom