The Love Triangle Debate thread of KNEEL BEFORE ZOD OR SUFFER HIS WRATH (ignore the opening posts at your peril) (Round 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zealkin

Hi Chantara, Hope you don't mind me jumping in :)

Perhaps it doesn't make any sense from your perspective, but it makes plenty of sense from my perspective. You're viewing "the narrative" from a certain interpretation of the Compilation where you think Cloud and Tifa love one another. I'm viewing the Compilation from an interpretation where Cloud and Aerith love one another. That gives us a different perspective.

So how does CloudxAerith work from your own perspective? How did you come to these conclusions? Because when I read mutual feelings I see them as mutual feelings, especially if there is a title pointing towards romantic intentions. Where in your perspective did you see Cloud and Aerith doing the same?
It wouldn't be awkward at all if neither of you were interested in a romantic relationship, but you were both friends. Remember that neither Cloud or Tifa have anywhere else to go. In fact, they said that's why both of them stayed at the very beginning of the HW scene:

(The scene fades in to show Cloud and Tifa alone on the bridge. Tifa is still watching the clouds go by.)
Cloud "What are you going to do, Tifa?"
(She turns to him)
Tifa "Did you forget?"
"I'm... all alone. I don't have anywhere to go."
Tifa "Everyone's gone..."
Cloud "Yeah, we don't have anywhere or anyone to go home to."
(She looks down.)
Tifa "You're right..."
But both Cloud and Tifa do have Romantic interest for the other, Tifa has always been stated to, and she goes from being unable to express her feelings(sans the date scene) to expressing them boldly with the highwind scene. "She's getting better at expressing her feelings"

She ventured into Lifestream together with Cloud. Amidst the course of him trying to ascertain his memories, they became aware of the thoughts/feelings which each other was holding.(10 AU)

This is in the past tense because it had happened already, but the fact that feelings were transmitted is not something that happened in the past, Tifa was not said to have feelings for Cloud until later anyway so the feelings being in the past does not match up.

Even though Cloud was holding feelings for Tifa from some time ago, Tifa's interest in Cloud did not start until the time when the promised was exchanged. It might have been her loneliness due to her surrounding friends leaving one after another, but more than that, it seems largely in part to him making the promise to become her hero.

By the way, Tifa did not realize that Cloud was holding feelings for her until he informed her in the Lifestream. Even though she was called and it was just the two of them, she can be quite clueless. (page 25)

Reiterating what I said before, the feelings are seen and transmitted between the two, and Tifa's feelings had not yet developed at this point, driving the point home that these feelings that are being spoken of are in the present.
Her determination towards the last fight was resolved in Disc 3, however she was not able to contain her fear. On the flight deck on the airship she talks to Cloud and asks him “Say it’s going to be okay”. Even though she sounded lost, there was Tifa who acted a bit childish, and when Cloud answered “It’s going to be okay”, it was almost as though both their heart connected and it was very heart warming. By the way the conversation they had just now, relates back to what Tifa said a while ago (ff7 Ultimania Omega)
This scene between the two of them happens after everyone returns, and unlike the LA, this scene shows that the Highwind experience before was indeed a positive one; which indicates that feelings were indeed shared. This narrative matches up with the HA communication of feelings(of love) with their hearts connecting.

Like I said before, I have a male friend Shrouded on another forum. He and I have been very good friends for years, but we have no romantic interest in one another. If he needed a place to stay, and if I knew he was in my area, I'd invite him to stay at my house for as long as he wanted. There would be no awkwardness, because we're good friends.
But the difference is that Tifa does have romantic interest and Cloud, and has been stated to have such feelings(as I said earlier), and Clouds past feelings are rekindled in the lifestream scene. Both characters are showing interest for one another.

In the first place, what I proposed was an IF one was sexually attracted to the other but knew better than to get involved. It's also possible that there's no sexual attraction on both sides of the equation.
It seems kind of odd that they didn't make that clearer? Why wouldn't Square describe that in the scene instead of just describing it ending short? It seems kinda hard to believe that Square would expect a reader to look that deeply into the text. Usually when someone is trying to convey something, they try to make it as clear as possible, this meaning seems very hard to understand.

However, let's say Tifa's attracted to Cloud sexually, but knows better than to get involved romantically because she knows damn well he loves Aerith. In that case, it fits what happens between them very well.

I'm sorry I just had to, Quex has gotten me obsessed.

This all seems very confusing, so Tifa knows she will be rejected because she knows Cloud and Aerith are together and decides to deny her feelings again? Why does Tifa even live with Cloud?

For example, the scene where Tifa finds the delivery order from Elmyra to take flowers to Aerith's grave and offers to talk with Cloud about it. He shuns her and says he wants to drink alone. Tifa snaps and says to go drink in his room.

IMO, that's a very good example of where Tifa's may be hoping that someday, Cloud will get interested in her. When she sees him reject her help and interest, then she gets mad and snaps at him. (Now please notice, I said MAY be hoping... I don't know for sure, but it's sure possible.)
That's an interesting perspective, but CoT was said to have a lot of relationship problems between the two of them, and Tifa snapping probably had to do with the fact that she and the rest of her friends were all trying to move on, it seems kind of unfair to her that Cloud is wallowing when it was so hard for her and the other to move on themselves.

Well, I remember one time where I thought something Shrouded said online was terrific, and I burst out, "I LOVE you!!!" Later, I said to him... uhm... you know I didn't mean that romantically or anything, didn't you? *blush* He laughed and said yeah, he realized. The conversation was short and apathetic. Sometimes, things need to be clarified. It happens.

I think Tifa's the type who would be hopeful and keep dreaming that Cloud may change IF she put herself in that situation. Both Nojima and Nomura even hinted at that in the Reunion Files:
Can I see a quote indicating the scene went in this direction or something? Because if that's what went down, why even put Cloud and Tifa on the FTOIL page in the first place?

Considering Tifa's background and all she's been through up to this point, she is carrying a huge burden herself. But in this film, you don't get a clear look of what's actually going on inside Tifa's head. ~Nojima, Reunion Files, page 21

Tifa is a strong woman. She doesn't like what Cloud is doing, but instead of lecturing him about every little thing, she's been waiting for him to realize for himself what his actions are doing. ~Nomura, Reunion Files, page 20
Hmm the first quote is about Tifa trying to move on from the past herself, and how she still is guilty about it, and how the film doesn't really go too much in depth about it(It's all about Cloud afterall :awesome:)

The second talks about her strong character, and how this is allowing her to move on, which invariably raises the question, would a strong woman let herself be emotionally conflicted by a man like how you're describing?
Now, you also have to remember that Cloud wouldn't be the one to be "denying himself" in the LA version, either, since his affection for Tifa is optional. Cloud is never said to love Tifa currently except in an optional scene. The quote people here keep using about the Lifestream event isn't talking about Cloud's current feelings, and I don't think one-sided childhood crushes count - especially when Cloud and Tifa didn't know one another well.
It's been said a few times, but Clouds feelings aren't optional, and the quote I provided earlier about them communicating their feelings is not optional nor is it talking about past feelings, like you said Tifa and Cloud didn't know each other that long in their childhood, and Tifa's feelings did not develop until later on. So the feelings are speaking of the ones they hold presently.

This was in answer to how Tifa could possibly have a "low affection" for Cloud when SE (supposedly) says that she loves him. In response to that, I said you can have a low interest in a relationship at the same time you have an attraction to somebody. What I'm talking about here is the possibility of Tifa being attracted, while knowing that Cloud is still in love with Aerith.
Hmm that's weird, why would she continue to reach out for a possible relationship, like you said she might be doing when she snapped at Cloud? Why not drop it if she knows he's in love with another girl? She's supposed to be strong I think she would back off for good if this were the case. Not only that but her feelings extend past the game so this seems kind of out of character for Tifa.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Her determination towards the last fight was resolved in Disc 3, however she was not able to contain her fear. On the flight deck on the airship she talks to Cloud and asks him “Say it’s going to be okay”. Even though she sounded lost, there was Tifa who acted a bit childish, and when Cloud answered “It’s going to be okay”, it was almost as though both their heart connected and it was very heart warming. By the way the conversation they had just now, relates back to what Tifa said a while ago (ff7 Ultimania Omega)
This scene between the two of them happens after everyone returns, and unlike the LA, this scene shows that the Highwind experience before was indeed a positive one; which indicates that feelings were indeed shared. It narritively matches up with the HA communication of feelings(of love) with their hearts connecting.

An entirely valid point, but one Anastar is likely going to reject because there are other ways you can respond to the question, even though we're told how Cloud answers.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Btw you don't know this Zeal, but she won't answer you unless you PM your response. Or maybe you do know that, but since you're new I thought maybe you hadn't read that or... yeah. xD I know it's a hassle, but you made some excellent points so you should PM them. :awesome: I'm really curious as to the answer to the first part of your post since I'm wondering too.

Z

Zealkin

Hmm I posted a message on her profile but I'm not sure how to PM people. (Newbie status :whistle: after all)

Hmm I posted a message on her profile but I'm not sure how to PM people. (Newbie status :whistle: after all)

Hopefully no one minds the slight off-topic since it's help for the actual thread (helping her message get to the right person to get a reply).

There are a couple ways. One is to find a post they've written and click the username. You should see a "Send a private message to..." option. Another way is to go to their profile. Click "Contact Info" and you'll see another option to send a PM.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any problems (not sure if there are newbie PM rules) and one of us can do the PM for you.

Welcome by the way. :)

Z

Zealkin

Hmm well it won't let me,( sorry for going further off topic)
It's probably because I've only been here a few days.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Yep, it's because you're new; it's an anti-spambot measure. I will be fixing that for you momentarily.

edit: done

Anastar

undercover Clerith evangelist
Tres

Tres said:
Anastar, I would like to ask you a few questions. There won't be any insults in this post, nor will I accuse you of anything.
Thank you. I appreciate it.

Anastar said:
Remember that neither Cloud or Tifa have anywhere else to go. In fact, they said that's why both of them stayed at the very beginning of the HW scene:

(The scene fades in to show Cloud and Tifa alone on the bridge. Tifa is still watching the clouds go by.)
Cloud "What are you going to do, Tifa?"
(She turns to him)
Tifa "Did you forget?"
"I'm... all alone. I don't have anywhere to go."
Tifa "Everyone's gone..."
Cloud "Yeah, we don't have anywhere or anyone to go home to."
(She looks down.)
Tifa "You're right..."
Why do they specifically choose to live together, though, rather than as neighbors in their own adjacent houses? Why does Barret not choose to live with them as well, given that he has nowhere to go either? And why does Case of Tifa specify that Barret helped build Cloud and Tifa's home rather than his, Cloud and Tifa's home?[/QUOTE]Okay, I'm going to address your last question first, because I see no place in Case of Tifa where it "specifies that Barret helped build Cloud and Tifa's home rather than his, Cloud and Tifa's home." Unless this is something added to the Audiobooks, which I haven't listened to - it's nowhere in the text copies I've read online.

Instead, the text copies have Barret and Marlene with Tifa and Cloud after the group splits up. Barret gets drunk one night, then comes up with the idea of the three of them opening a business - a bar where people can escape the sadness of their lives with food and drink and friends. Barret specifically says the three of them:

The next day, Barret looked serious and said, “How about we start a business and sell this alcohol?”
The three of them made preparations. They decided to build their new business in the new town of Edge that was north of Midgar.
All the people that Barret and Cloud had helped before gathered together. They transported all the materials that would be used to build parts of the store such as the walls and pillars.

Barret shouted out his orders while Cloud went around correcting them in a low voice. Tifa, on the other hand, learned how to make Corel’s alcohol and improved it so that it was better to drink. She also thought of the food she could put on their menu, using the steady supply of ingredients they could use. Marlene was like a mascot to the people who helped build their store.

It looks to me like Barret's original plan is to run the bar with them. We hear nothing different while the place is being built. Tifa even wonders at one point if Barret plans on being the bouncer or something.

A few days more and they might be able to open the new bar, Cloud said. Barret asked what they were going to do about the name.
The first day of Seventh Heaven’s opening was a great success.
Barret was sipping his wine in a corner. Maybe he was planning to be the bouncer.

There's nothing about Barret leaving yet - looks to me like he's planning to stay. Nothing's been said about the place being Cloud and Tifa's place, either. It's always referred to as "their business", and sounds like the business is Cloud's, Tifa's, and Barret's business. There's nothing about it being a home.

After the first week of being open, Barret said that he would go on a trip seeing how well the business was going. He was going to leave Marlene behind.

“I wanna go on a journey to settle my past.”

Tifa was disturbed at Barret’s words. Cloud nodded calmly as if he had heard about this before.

“Settle your past…? But I want to do that too.”

Now, why is Tifa disturbed at Barret's words about leaving if she knew he was going to leave all along? Why is Tifa talking about taking off to settling her past (like Barret) if the plan is to live here with Cloud and build a family?

”Tifa, you can do it here. Don’t just take. Show that you can give too.”

After saying this, Barret said he still had to get ready and walked out of the bar.

“You knew about this?” (Tifa)

“Yeah..” (Cloud)

“Did you stop him?” (Tifa)

“Nah, I didn’t because he would just say this is Tifa’s place.” (Cloud)

Tifa even asks Cloud if he tried to stop Barret. Why would Tifa want to know if Cloud tried to stop Barret if Tifa knew all along that Barret was going to leave?

Also notice that Cloud says that Barret would just say that the Seventh Heaven is Tifa's place - not Cloud and Tifa's place.

“…I see. If that’s so, it can’t be helped then.” (Tifa)

Does Cloud also think this? Actually, I wanted to ask him about that.

Marlene, who had always slept with Tifa, slept with her foster father Barret the night before he left. Their conversations could be heard late into the night.

Early the next morning, Barret set off.

Why does Tifa wonder if Cloud thinks of the Seventh Heaven as "Tifa's place", too, if it's supposed to be Cloud and Tifa's place?

Also notice that it says that Marlene had been sleeping with Tifa. Sounds to me like the girls were sharing a room - not Cloud and Tifa.

So I'm not sure where you get the idea that Barret was building a place for Cloud and Tifa, or that Barret wasn't originally planning to stay. Plus, Barret says he's going on a journey to settle his past. A "journey" implies that he will be back someday - which is another reason I think Barret is part of the family. I think Barret still plans to return once he has "settled his past".

As for your remaining question:

Why do they specifically choose to live together, though, rather than as neighbors in their own adjacent houses?
Since the original plan was to have Barret living there, too, why not? It was Barret, Cloud, and Tifa with no place to go. The original plan was to run the business together, according to Barret. Barret wanted to build a place for the business, and they made it into a place like the old Seventh Heaven where a whole group of people use to live.

Tifa's surprised that Barret wants to leave, and in fact, says she wants to go "settle her past", too. So where's any idea of just Cloud and Tifa shacking up together without Barret being there, too?

Plus, Cloud says this in Case of Tifa (Revised):

“No. You’re much more cheerful and strong. If you’ve forgotten the way you were then, I’ll be there to remind you.”

“You really will?”

“Probably,” Cloud said blushing.

Probably? Why is Cloud saying "probably" if his only plan is to live with Tifa?

Anastar said:
However, let's say Tifa's attracted to Cloud sexually, but knows better than to get involved romantically because she knows damn well he loves Aerith. In that case, it fits what happens between them very well.

For example, the scene where Tifa finds the delivery order from Elmyra to take flowers to Aerith's grave and offers to talk with Cloud about it. He shuns her and says he wants to drink alone. Tifa snaps and says to go drink in his room.

IMO, that's a very good example of where Tifa's may be hoping that someday, Cloud will get interested in her.
So, is she interested in a relationship with him or is she not?
In the LA or the HA version?

I was talking here about the LA version. You wanted to know how Cloud and Tifa could confirm that they are mutually disinterested in a relationship if SE says that Tifa loves Cloud. I replied that it's possible for someone to realize that it would be a mistake to start a relationship with someone even though you're attracted to that person. That would qualify as Tifa being disinterested in a relationship.

But I went on to say that Tifa may still be hoping that someday things will change. So no, she's still not interested in a relationship NOW - especially when she sees that Cloud is still in love with Aerith. It pretty much says that in Tifa's profile:

In addition, Cloud had also gone away to the church that Aerith had been in. The thing which she is unable to hide in her irritation towards Cloud is the fact that he isn’t merely dragging the past around, but because that reason might perhaps be related to Aerith.
AC: Upon knowing that Cloud had been residing in Aerith’s church after leaving the place they had been living in together, her expression becomes complex. ~Tifa's character profile, 10th Anniversary Ultimania

So she may be hoping that things change, and that Cloud will fall in love with her someday. When and IF Cloud falls in love with her someday, then she'd be willing to give a relationship with him a try. But not until that happens.

That would also explain why she asks if Cloud loves her in CoT.

Also, since Tifa's affection value is the one subject to manipulation by the player, if Cloud's feelings are supposed to be mercurial and adjust to match hers, in a scenario in which Tifa thinks it unwise to get into a relationship with Cloud because he's in love with Aerith, shouldn't her feelings have influenced his rather than the reverse?
I already explained that in an earlier post. I'm not going to bother digging it up, but here's the concept:

Tifa's affection level goes up when Cloud is nice to her. Tifa's affection level goes down when Cloud isn't nice to her.

When Cloud is nice to Tifa, then his affection for her goes up. That happens in RL, doesn't it? When you have good interactions with someone, you get to like them more. When Cloud isn't nice to Tifa, then his affection level for her goes down. Again, that happens in RL - you act nasty to someone when you don't like them. When Cloud acts nasty to Tifa, her affection goes down.

So yes, the affection level is mutual for this reason.

Anastar said:
I think Tifa's the type who would be hopeful and keep dreaming that Cloud may change IF she put herself in that situation. Both Nojima and Nomura even hinted at that in the Reunion Files:

Considering Tifa's background and all she's been through up to this point, she is carrying a huge burden herself. But in this film, you don't get a clear look of what's actually going on inside Tifa's head. ~Nojima, Reunion Files, page 21

Tifa is a strong woman. She doesn't like what Cloud is doing, but instead of lecturing him about every little thing, she's been waiting for him to realize for himself what his actions are doing. ~Nomura, Reunion Files, page 20
Others have already gone over how those quotes are not in their native context here, so I won't get into that -- but I do want to ask: If you feel that the love triangle has no canon outcome, why do you believe that in those quotes the writer and director of Advent Children are saying that Tifa's waiting around hoping for Cloud to turn his affections from Aerith to herself? Is that neutral?
Yes, it is neutral - because neither of them are giving a definite answer here. I interpreted what they said to fit the situation I had described. Neither creator ever said that my interpretation is correct. If they ever say that my interpretation is correct, then you can say they're not being neutral.

Also, given how that same writer and director otherwise describe Tifa as a strong, multifaceted woman whom they took care to ensure was not presented as clingy, do you feel such a weak portrayal of Tifa can be reconciled with those positive statements about her?
Well, you're the one deciding that interpretation makes her weak. I never said it made her weak. If she's waiting around hoping that Cloud will get over Aerith someday, then it actually does make her strong. And it certainly doesn't make her clingy, either.

Also, does the portrayal of a woman who tortures herself waiting for a man to love her mesh with a portrayal of the same woman running an eco-terrorism cell out of her basement? Taking care of two children (with one terminally ill) while simultaneously running a restaurant by herself, and doing so without complaint (as Nomura put it)?
Actually, yes, it does IF you can see how much emotional strength it takes to do that.

And do you believe that the writer and the director would want her to be seen as such a weak woman, contrary to their positive descriptions and other depictions of her behavior?
I don't see it as weak.

Anastar said:
The quote people here keep using about the Lifestream event isn't talking about Cloud's current feelings, and I don't think one-sided childhood crushes count - especially when Cloud and Tifa didn't know one another well.
Can you substantiate that the feelings from the Lifestream scene aren't current feelings with a quote from an Ultimania, FFVII movie, game or novel(la)?
Yes - in fact, I already did. I'm talking about this quote that Quex brought up before, and I answered her about it:

Even though Cloud was holding feelings for Tifa from some time ago, Tifa's interest in Cloud did not start until the time when the promised was exchanged. It might have been her loneliness due to her surrounding friends leaving one after another, but more than that, it seems largely in part to him making the promise to become her hero.

By the way, Tifa did not realize that Cloud was holding feelings for her until he informed her in the Lifestream. Even though she was called and it was just the two of them, she can be quite clueless.

Okay, first of all... look at the last sentence:

Even though she was called and it was just the two of them, she can be quite clueless.

Tifa was called out to the well by Cloud. Tifa called out to Cloud at the beginning of the Lifestream event. He did not call out to Tifa. Therefore, the last sentence is talking about Tifa being clueless about Cloud's feelings at the well at the time of the Promise.

Now, the sentence before that:

By the way, Tifa did not realize that Cloud was holding feelings for her until he informed her in the Lifestream. Even though she was called and it was just the two of them, she can be quite clueless.

The last sentence says that Tifa was clueless about Cloud's feelings at the well at the time of the Promise. Therefore, the sentence before that is talking about Cloud informing her during the Lifestream event about his feelings for her at the well at the time of the Promise.

(The double speaks again.)
"That night I called Tifa out to the well..." "I thought to myself Tifa would never come, that she hated me."
(Tifa nods.)
Tifa "Yeah... it was so sudden. I was... a bit surprised."
(She turns to face Young Cloud.)
Tifa "But..." "It's true that we weren't THAT close, but..."
(She turns to face her young self.)
Tifa "After you left town, I really thought about you a lot."
(She holds her face in her hands.)
"I used to wonder how Cloud was doing." "I wonder if Cloud was able to get into SOLDIER?"
(She spins back to face Young Cloud.)
Tifa "I started reading the newspapers, thinking that there might be an article about you."
(Young Cloud looks down.)
"Thanks, Tifa." "Tell him what you told me, later. He'll probably be so happy."

Okay, what feelings are being discussed here?
1) Young Cloud has revealed that he had a crush on Tifa when he invited her out to the well.
2) Tifa says she looked for pictures of him in the newspaper because he was going to join SOLDIER.
3) Lifestream Cloud says to tell Current Cloud about looking in the papers for him later because Current Cloud will PROBABLY be happy to know that.

By the way, Tifa did not realize that Cloud was holding feelings for her until he informed her in the Lifestream.

So what did Cloud reveal to Tifa? He revealed that he had a crush on her when he was a kid. That paragraph is talking about Cloud's feelings for Tifa as a kid.

Now, Lifestream Cloud says that Current Cloud will PROBABLY be happy to know the Tifa looked for pictures of him in the newspapers. If this statement is supposed to mean that current Cloud is in love with Tifa, then why does it say probably? It's much more likely that he'll probably be happy to find out that his strategy worked - Young Cloud got Young Tifa to notice him by leaving to join SOLDIER.

Also, can you -- in terms of narrative value -- explain why, at this late stage of the game, it would be revealed that Tifa was both a major factor in Cloud's wish to become a SOLDIER and that he has had romantic feelings toward her at any point in his life if the feelings lacked any present-day actualization?
Because Cloud getting his memory back hinged on Cloud believing that he really grew up in Nibelheim. Cloud believing that he really grew up in Nibelheim was proven to Cloud by both he and Tifa remembering things from their childhood - such as his crush on her, such as Cloud wanting to be part of her group of friends, and such as Cloud getting blamed for letting Tifa fall from the bridge. Remembering all that helped Cloud remember what really happened during the Nibelheim event.

Also, the Lifestream event did NOT reveal that Cloud had romantic feelings for Tifa as a kid. It only revealed that Cloud was a kid with a crush on Tifa, same as other boys in town. Childhood crushes are not love.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Okay, I'm going to address your last question first, because I see no place in Case of Tifa where it "specifies that Barret helped build Cloud and Tifa's home rather than his, Cloud and Tifa's home." Unless this is something added to the Audiobooks, which I haven't listened to - it's nowhere in the text copies I've read online.

Instead, the text copies have Barret and Marlene with Tifa and Cloud after the group splits up. Barret gets drunk one night, then comes up with the idea of the three of them opening a business - a bar where people can escape the sadness of their lives with food and drink and friends. Barret specifically says the three of them:

The next day, Barret looked serious and said, “How about we start a business and sell this alcohol?”
The three of them made preparations. They decided to build their new business in the new town of Edge that was north of Midgar.
All the people that Barret and Cloud had helped before gathered together. They transported all the materials that would be used to build parts of the store such as the walls and pillars.

Barret shouted out his orders while Cloud went around correcting them in a low voice. Tifa, on the other hand, learned how to make Corel’s alcohol and improved it so that it was better to drink. She also thought of the food she could put on their menu, using the steady supply of ingredients they could use. Marlene was like a mascot to the people who helped build their store.

It looks to me like Barret's original plan is to run the bar with them. We hear nothing different while the place is being built. Tifa even wonders at one point if Barret plans on being the bouncer or something.

A few days more and they might be able to open the new bar, Cloud said. Barret asked what they were going to do about the name.
Barret was sipping his wine in a corner. Maybe he was planning to be the bouncer.

There's nothing about Barret leaving yet - looks to me like he's planning to stay. Nothing's been said about the place being Cloud and Tifa's place, either. It's always referred to as "their business", and sounds like the business is Cloud's, Tifa's, and Barret's business. There's nothing about it being a home.

After the first week of being open, Barret said that he would go on a trip seeing how well the business was going. He was going to leave Marlene behind.

“I wanna go on a journey to settle my past.”

Tifa was disturbed at Barret’s words. Cloud nodded calmly as if he had heard about this before.

“Settle your past…? But I want to do that too.”

Now, why is Tifa disturbed at Barret's words about leaving if she knew he was going to leave all along? Why is Tifa talking about taking off to settling her past (like Barret) if the plan is to live here with Cloud and build a family?

”Tifa, you can do it here. Don’t just take. Show that you can give too.”

After saying this, Barret said he still had to get ready and walked out of the bar.

“You knew about this?” (Tifa)

“Yeah..” (Cloud)

“Did you stop him?” (Tifa)

“Nah, I didn’t because he would just say this is Tifa’s place.” (Cloud)

Tifa even asks Cloud if he tried to stop Barret. Why would Tifa want to know if Cloud tried to stop Barret if Tifa knew all along that Barret was going to leave?

Also notice that Cloud says that Barret would just say that the Seventh Heaven is Tifa's place - not Cloud and Tifa's place.

“…I see. If that’s so, it can’t be helped then.” (Tifa)

Does Cloud also think this? Actually, I wanted to ask him about that.

Marlene, who had always slept with Tifa, slept with her foster father Barret the night before he left. Their conversations could be heard late into the night.

Early the next morning, Barret set off.

Why does Tifa wonder if Cloud thinks of the Seventh Heaven as "Tifa's place", too, if it's supposed to be Cloud and Tifa's place?

Also notice that it says that Marlene had been sleeping with Tifa. Sounds to me like the girls were sharing a room - not Cloud and Tifa.

So I'm not sure where you get the idea that Barret was building a place for Cloud and Tifa, or that Barret wasn't originally planning to stay. Plus, Barret says he's going on a journey to settle his past. A "journey" implies that he will be back someday - which is another reason I think Barret is part of the family. I think Barret still plans to return once he has "settled his past".

Since the original plan was to have Barret living there, too, why not? It was Barret, Cloud, and Tifa with no place to go. The original plan was to run the business together, according to Barret. Barret wanted to build a place for the business, and they made it into a place like the old Seventh Heaven where a whole group of people use to live.

Tifa's surprised that Barret wants to leave, and in fact, says she wants to go "settle her past", too. So where's any idea of just Cloud and Tifa shacking up together without Barret being there, too?

“No. You’re much more cheerful and strong. If you’ve forgotten the way you were then, I’ll be there to remind you.”

“You really will?”

I was talking here about the LA version. You wanted to know how Cloud and Tifa could confirm that they are mutually disinterested in a relationship if SE says that Tifa loves Cloud. I replied that it's possible for someone to realize that it would be a mistake to start a relationship with someone even though you're attracted to that person. That would qualify as Tifa being disinterested in a relationship.

But I went on to say that Tifa may still be hoping that someday things will change. So no, she's still not interested in a relationship NOW - especially when she sees that Cloud is still in love with Aerith. It pretty much says that in Tifa's profile:

In addition, Cloud had also gone away to the church that Aerith had been in. The thing which she is unable to hide in her irritation towards Cloud is the fact that he isn’t merely dragging the past around, but because that reason might perhaps be related to Aerith.
AC: Upon knowing that Cloud had been residing in Aerith’s church after leaving the place they had been living in together, her expression becomes complex. ~Tifa's character profile, 10th Anniversary Ultimania

So she may be hoping that things change, and that Cloud will fall in love with her someday. When and IF Cloud falls in love with her someday, then she'd be willing to give a relationship with him a try. But not until that happens.

I already explained that in an earlier post. I'm not going to bother digging it up, but here's the concept:

Tifa's affection level goes up when Cloud is nice to her. Tifa's affection level goes down when Cloud isn't nice to her.

When Cloud is nice to Tifa, then his affection for her goes up. That happens in RL, doesn't it? When you have good interactions with someone, you get to like them more. When Cloud isn't nice to Tifa, then his affection level for her goes down. Again, that happens in RL - you act nasty to someone when you don't like them. When Cloud acts nasty to Tifa, her affection goes down.

Yes, it is neutral - because neither of them are giving a definite answer here. I interpreted what they said to fit the situation I had described. Neither creator ever said that my interpretation is correct. If they ever say that my interpretation is correct, then you can say they're not being neutral.

Well, you're the one deciding that interpretation makes her weak. I never said it made her weak. If she's waiting around hoping that Cloud will get over Aerith someday, then it actually does make her strong. And it certainly doesn't make her clingy, either.

Actually, yes, it does IF you can see how much emotional strength it takes to do that.

I don't see it as weak.

Yes - in fact, I already did. I'm talking about this quote that Quex brought up before, and I answered her about it:

Even though she was called and it was just the two of them, she can be quite clueless.

Tifa was called out to the well by Cloud. Tifa called out to Cloud at the beginning of the Lifestream event. He did not call out to Tifa. Therefore, the last sentence is talking about Tifa being clueless about Cloud's feelings at the well at the time of the Promise.

The last sentence says that Tifa was clueless about Cloud's feelings at the well at the time of the Promise. Therefore, the sentence before that is talking about Cloud informing her during the Lifestream event about his feelings for her at the well at the time of the Promise.

(The double speaks again.)
"That night I called Tifa out to the well..." "I thought to myself Tifa would never come, that she hated me."
(Tifa nods.)
Tifa "Yeah... it was so sudden. I was... a bit surprised."
(She turns to face Young Cloud.)
Tifa "But..." "It's true that we weren't THAT close, but..."
(She turns to face her young self.)
Tifa "After you left town, I really thought about you a lot."
(She holds her face in her hands.)
"I used to wonder how Cloud was doing." "I wonder if Cloud was able to get into SOLDIER?"
(She spins back to face Young Cloud.)
Tifa "I started reading the newspapers, thinking that there might be an article about you."
(Young Cloud looks down.)
"Thanks, Tifa." "Tell him what you told me, later. He'll probably be so happy."

1) Young Cloud has revealed that he had a crush on Tifa when he invited her out to the well.
2) Tifa says she looked for pictures of him in the newspaper because he was going to join SOLDIER.
3) Lifestream Cloud says to tell Current Cloud about looking in the papers for him later because Current Cloud will PROBABLY be happy to know that.

By the way, Tifa did not realize that Cloud was holding feelings for her until he informed her in the Lifestream.

So what did Cloud reveal to Tifa? He revealed that he had a crush on her when he was a kid. That paragraph is talking about Cloud's feelings for Tifa as a kid.

Now, Lifestream Cloud says that Current Cloud will PROBABLY be happy to know the Tifa looked for pictures of him in the newspapers. If this statement is supposed to mean that current Cloud is in love with Tifa, then why does it say probably? It's much more likely that he'll probably be happy to find out that his strategy worked - Young Cloud got Young Tifa to notice him by leaving to join SOLDIER.

Because Cloud getting his memory back hinged on Cloud believing that he really grew up in Nibelheim. Cloud believing that he really grew up in Nibelheim was proven to Cloud by both he and Tifa remembering things from their childhood - such as his crush on her, such as Cloud wanting to be part of her group of friends, and such as Cloud getting blamed for letting Tifa fall from the bridge. Remembering all that helped Cloud remember what really happened during the Nibelheim event.

Also, the Lifestream event did NOT reveal that Cloud had romantic feelings for Tifa as a kid. It only revealed that Cloud was a kid with a crush on Tifa, same as other boys in town. Childhood crushes are not love.

The very beginning of the Case of Barret specifies it as Cloud's and Tifa's home:
After helping Tifa and Cloud build their home, Barret entrusted his best friend Dyne's orphaned daughter Marlene to the two of them and embarked on a journey It was a journey to settle the sins of his past.

And your still treating Cloud being in love with Aerith as a given fact, you first have to prove that Cloud is in love with Aerith, before you can use it as evidence that Tif is not interested in a relationship with Cloud.

And the Ultimanias specifically state that the feelings they reveal to each other are current present day feelings
She ventured into Lifestream together with Cloud. Amidst the course of him trying to ascertain his memories, they became aware of the thoughts/feelings which each other was holding.~Tifa's character profile, 10th Anniversary Ultimania

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Okay, I'm going to address your last question first, because I see no place in Case of Tifa where it "specifies that Barret helped build Cloud and Tifa's home rather than his, Cloud and Tifa's home." Unless this is something added to the Audiobooks, which I haven't listened to - it's nowhere in the text copies I've read online.

That was a typo on my part, sorry. I meant to say Case of Barret.

Second line of Barret's story in the English version says "After helping Tifa and Cloud build their home ..." (i.e. Cloud and Tifa's home). The second line of Barret's story in the Japanese version says the same thing: "バレットはティファとクラウドの家造りを手伝った後 ...."

Ownership of the home is attributed to Tifa and Cloud ("ティファとクラウドの家"), but not Barret.

Anastar said:
Why is Tifa talking about taking off to settling her past (like Barret) if the plan is to live here with Cloud and build a family?

Is leaving Cloud behind necessary to settle her past? Ultimately, she seeks redemption right there by -- as Barret bid her to do -- trying to prove she could give, not just take.

Anastar said:

If I were to guess, I'd say that it's because -- as you pointed out -- she was surprised Barret left. Since Cloud seemed to understand Barret's reasons for leaving, she probably had concerns about how well he would adapt to a normal life as well.

Nonetheless, the narrative does call it Cloud and Tifa's home, so that's what it was.

Anastar said:

Yes, for at least that first week after Seventh Heaven was opened Marlene slept with Tifa; presumably as they had been doing while they were homeless. That doesn't seem out of the ordinary, though. Marlene was still a small child who had been through many changes and traumatic events. You wouldn't shove her off to her own room immediately.

Anastar said:

Well, you can now see where I get the idea that Barret was building a place for Cloud and Tifa, and never intended to stay with them. His own story calls it theirs.

And of course Barret will be back someday. His daughter is there. That doesn't entail that he's going to live at Seventh Heaven, though.

As for him being part of the nuclear family, he's not been described as such, so we can't assume he is.

Anastar said:

Why do they specifically choose to live together, though, rather than as neighbors in their own adjacent houses?

That's a fair enough response, I suppose, at least for their initial arrangements. What about after Barret had gone?

Anastar said:

“You really will?”

Probably (:awesome:) because he's bashful.

In any case, he had already just told her that his plan was to have her with him from that day forward and that he knew his new life could succeed because he had her. It's definite that his plan was to live with her.

Anastar said:
So, is she interested in a relationship with him or is she not?

But I went on to say that Tifa may still be hoping that someday things will change. So no, she's still not interested in a relationship NOW - especially when she sees that Cloud is still in love with Aerith.

If she's currently hoping for things to change, then she's interested in a relationship right now. It wouldn't be accurate to say that she's not interested in a relationship right now -- instead, it would be that she wants things to change right now.

Anastar said:
It pretty much says that in Tifa's profile:

It doesn't say that, though. You're still leaving out parts of that quote. What it says is that Tifa's irritation related to Aerith stems from how he's let his guilt over her death drag him into depression:

(bold added for emphasis)
Tifa’s complicated feelings continue even in AC, two years after Aerith had departed the world. This was due to the fact that Cloud, succumbing to the notion that Aerith’s death was his fault and condemning himself, construed that Denzel was “the child which Aerith brought here” and took care of him. In addition, Cloud had also gone away to the church that Aerith had been in. The thing which she is unable to hide in her irritation towards Cloud is the fact that he isn’t merely dragging the past around, but because that reason might perhaps be related to Aerith.

Anastar said:
Also, since Tifa's affection value is the one subject to manipulation by the player, if Cloud's feelings are supposed to be mercurial and adjust to match hers, in a scenario in which Tifa thinks it unwise to get into a relationship with Cloud because he's in love with Aerith, shouldn't her feelings have influenced his rather than the reverse?

That doesn't match the game mechanics, though. Cloud doesn't have an affection rating. Tifa does. Her feelings are the ones the player manipulates.

What you've said is that Cloud's feelings for Tifa will fluctuate to match hers for him -- but you're also saying that her feelings for him are dependent on his feelings for Aerith. Which is the dependent and independent variable here?

That also doesn't really make sense because the player doesn't have options to act nasty toward Tifa (e.g. there's no option to call her the slum drunk). For that matter, one can get the high affection Highwind scene even if they didn't get Tifa for the date.

And, further still, most of the things that influence the affection values are completely arbitrary with no obvious relationship to the values that they influence, and even less obvious links to the effects they have.

For example, before the player even meets Tifa, they can influence Tifa's affection value. It goes down by three points if you tell Jessie "Looking forward to it" on the train ride back to Sector 7.

What does that have to do with Tifa?

How about getting to the last train car before lockdown during the Reactor 5 mission? Why does that give Tifa and Barret's affection values five points?

Why does saying "I don't know if I can hold on" at the end of that mission give Tifa's affection rating one point?

If Aerith is chosen as Corneo's date, why does saying "We've gotta help Aerith!" increase Tifa's affection value, while asking her if she's alright lowers it?

Why does who accompanies you to Barret's fight with Dyne affect anything at all? In terms of the narrative, shouldn't everyone have gone along?

Why treat an inherently illogical, completely arbitrary game mechanic as related to the narrative?

Anastar said:

Well, we do agree that you're conforming their quotes to fit the scenario you described (those quotes had nothing to do with Tifa's romantic feelings for Cloud), but how does applying their quotes that way make your position neutral either?

Anastar said:

That's not really a subjective thing. That's objectively weak. And clingy.

Hell, if Tifa's creeping into Cloud's room in the middle of the night to ask him if he loves her, that's, like, stalker-level clingy. I mean, does this not come across as creepy and clingy?:

love.gif

Anastar said:

I don't see it as weak.

It is weak, though. Strength is moving forward rather than choosing to stay in an emotionally self-destructive rut.

Anastar said:
Can you substantiate that the feelings from the Lifestream scene aren't current feelings with a quote from an Ultimania, FFVII movie, game or novel(la)?Yes - in fact, I already did. I'm talking about this quote that Quex brought up before, and I answered her about it:

That last sentence only says that Tifa can be a bit clueless because she didn't put two and two together. The first sentence says Cloud has been holding feelings for her from long ago until now: クラウドが前からティファに好意を抱いていたのに --

クラウド = Cloud
が (ga; identifies subject, or person performing action)
前 (mae; "before")
から (kara; "since")
ティファ = Tifa
に (ni; "toward" or "for")
好意 (koui; "favor")
を (wo; direct object identifier)
抱いていたのに (daiteita; past progressive form of "to hold" or "to embrace"; more on this below)
のに (noni; "even though")

"Even though Cloud has been holding favor/feelings for Tifa since before/the past/some time ago ..."

Alright, so more about "daiteita": as said above, the "iteita" portion means that this is past progressive. In other words, that which is being held or embraced still is being held or embraced. It's an ongoing tense, as in the title of the manga "Haru wo Daiteita" (it was localized into English with the title "Embracing Love," but it actually means "Embracing Springtime"):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embracing_Love

Anastar said:
Now, Lifestream Cloud says that Current Cloud will PROBABLY be happy to know the Tifa looked for pictures of him in the newspapers. If this statement is supposed to mean that current Cloud is in love with Tifa, then why does it say probably?

It doesn't say "probably" there, though; it actually says "kitto" (きっと), which means "undoubtedly," "surely" and "certainly." Here's the line in Japanese, starting at "Thanks, Tifa":

「ありがとう、ティファ♯。後で、こいつに言ってやって。きっと喜ぶよ」

Sony's English localization: "Thanks, Tifa. Tell him what you told me, later. He'll probably be so happy."

A more accurate translation of the line: "Thanks, Tifa. Later, tell him. He'll be delighted for sure."

Anastar said:
Also, can you -- in terms of narrative value -- explain why, at this late stage of the game, it would be revealed that Tifa was both a major factor in Cloud's wish to become a SOLDIER and that he has had romantic feelings toward her at any point in his life if the feelings lacked any present-day actualization?

But those things didn't have to be part of Cloud's past, nor be elements of his past to be revealed then. Cloud failing to protect a childhood friend from falling into a gorge, followed by him being blamed for the accident, followed by him feeling weak and inadequate would have been sufficient cause for him to want to join SOLDIER.

Those memories could have served the purpose just as well.

It was specifically decided, though, to reveal that he had romantic feelings for her. Why do that?

Anastar said:

That's open to difference of opinion, to be fair.

For that matter, Cloud's "childhood crush" continued at least until he was 16, at which point someone's plenty old enough to have romantic feelings. For that matter, from Cloud's perspective, 16 was only a few weeks before FFVII began. Don't forget that he lost five years.

Physically, he's 21 during FFVII. In actual years of life experience, he's still 16. The kid who was in love with Tifa, who witnessed his hometown be burned to ash, and who fought and miraculously killed Sephiroth was only a few short weeks in Cloud's past.

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Basically everyone has said what my response was going to be, its just I was too busy eating crisps and drinking wine to type properly.

I totally agree that two people who didn't have feelings for each other could move in together without any problems. I'd even agree that a one sided attraction wouldn't be that problematic if the parties involved were sensible.

BUT - and this is a big but. There are kids involved. We can take Marlene out of the equation, presumably when Barret returns he will live with her perhaps in 7th Heaven or somewhere near by.

Denzel is another thing entirely. Cloud AND Tifa are his parents as he sees it. The only family he has. Now, for the sake of argument, lets say Cloud and Tifa are not romantically involved. There is the distinct possibility that one or both of them would meet someone in the future, and perhaps want to start a family of their own.

Why would two friends enter into a 'family' together and raise an orphan, if they knew that at some point it would/could end? Isn't that totally irresponsible? Doesn't Denzel deserve better than that?

EDIT: Actually I'm going to add more to this later but I have a driving lesson :monster:

Last edited:

Anastar

undercover Clerith evangelist
Zealkin

So how does CloudxAerith work from your own perspective? How did you come to these conclusions?
In 50 words or less? :lol: I've written entire websites about it. You can find my website here:

http://clerith.heliohost.org/

These pages in particular may help to give you a summary:

http://clerith.heliohost.org/ClerithEssay.htm
http://clerith.heliohost.org/ClerithUltimaniaFAQ.htm
http://s8.zetaboards.com/Cloud_x_Aerith/single/?p=316024&t=531207

I've been discussing it at length here in this thread, but to sum it up as briefly as possible:

1) Cloud's love for both girls is optional. That's established on the FTOIL page.
2) Page 232 of the 20th AU says that there are two versions of the Highwind scene that are dependent on Tifa's affection level for Cloud.
3) SE has specified that there is a Low Affection version of the HW scene as well as a High Affection version.
4) SE has never said that the High Affection version of the HW scene is canon.
5) SE has also given evidence that Cloud can love Aerith. I gave a whole list of examples that people here won't accept. (Which is understandable - after all, I don't accept their evidence, either. :lol:)

Because when I read mutual feelings I see them as mutual feelings, especially if there is a title pointing towards romantic intentions.
SE specifies that romantic intentions are expressed only in the High Affection version. For example, here:

Deviation - Two versions of the conversation before the final battle
Prior to the final battle, the contents of the conversation between Cloud and Tifa can change depending on the degree of Tifa's affection. If the degree of affection is high, the contents of the two's conversation will involve deep subject matter and strong feelings for each other. As well, the sight of the two seen by their companions the next morning will lead to an embarrassing scene for Tifa, and she blushes greatly. ~page 232, Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Ultimania

"If Tifa's affection regarding Cloud is high, when the two stay behind at the airship, they will confirm that their feelings of desire/wanting for one another match." ~Tifa's profile, FFVII UO

Before the Final Battle (divergence):
After stopping Hojo from going amuck, the conversation with Tifa before they rush into the Northern Crater diverges into two conditions, according to Tifa's affection rating with Cloud. When it gets low, the conversation in the scene that they spend the night will be apathetic and ends short. Next morning in the cockpit, Tifa says “Were you listening?” and stamps on tiptoe. On the other hand, when degree gets higher, the conversation of the scene that they spend the night will have strong emotions. Next morning in the cockpit, Tifa will say “Were you watching?” and feels terribly shy.
~page198, FFVII Ultimania Omega

The FFVII UO doesn't even specify that the feelings are love, since it only says "strong emotions". However, the point is that SE makes it quite clear that mutual feelings of love are displayed between Cloud and Tifa in the High Affection version only.

As a side note, I say that the FTOIL page makes it quite clear that the feelings are optional, since both the pictures of the HW scene and the Clerith Date scene are labeled with page numbers where the deviations are discussed.

Is%20LT%20Over6.jpg

See page 232 at the top of the picture? That leads to this page:

Prior to the final battle, the contents of the conversation between Cloud and Tifa can change depending on the degree of Tifa's affection. If the degree of affection is high, the contents of the two's conversation will involve deep subject matter and strong feelings for each other. As well, the sight of the two seen by their companions the next morning will lead to an embarrassing scene for Tifa, and she blushes greatly. ~page 232, Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Ultimania

The top of the Clerith date picture also lists a page number where it's discussed that Cloud can go on the date with 4 different characters. Point is, the Clerith date picture and the HW scene picture are the only two scenes on the FTOIL page labeled as having deviations.

Cloud is the only character from a Final Fantasy who is pictured with two different women on the FTOIL page. IF the HA HW scene is canon and IF Cloti is canon, there is absolutely no reason to include the Date scene picture on the page or a picture of Cloud with Aerith.

Where in your perspective did you see Cloud and Aerith doing the same?
The Clerith date, the Cosmo Canyon campfire scene where Cloud tells Aerith that he's there for her, Aerith manifesting in Cloud's dream when she leaves for the Forgotten City, Cloud sensing Aerith's presence in the Forgotten City when no one else can, the wedding prediction by Cait Sith, Cloud saying that he thinks he can meet Aerith in the Promised Land, the hand reach scene (in both FFVII and AC/ACC), Cloud thinking of Aerith first when Sephy asks him in AC/ACC what he cherishes most... and more.

I also say that koibito in CoLWhite can be translated as "sweetheart, lover" or "boyfriend":

Cloud is the woman's friend, lover (sweetheart/boyfriend) ~Case of Lifestream White

But both Cloud and Tifa do have Romantic interest for the other, Tifa has always been stated to, and she goes from being unable to express her feelings(sans the date scene) to expressing them boldly with the highwind scene.
Only on an optional basis, which has been confirmed by SE. (See quotes above)

She ventured into Lifestream together with Cloud. Amidst the course of him trying to ascertain his memories, they became aware of the thoughts/feelings which each other was holding.(10 AU)
This is in the past tense because it had happened already, but the fact that feelings were transmitted is not something that happened in the past, Tifa was not said to have feelings for Cloud until later anyway so the feelings being in the past does not match up.
No, the feelings that Cloud and Tifa discussed during the Lifestream event were their past feelings, not their current feelings. I went into that yesterday in detail in my post to Tres. I'd recopy it here, but it was pretty long. You can find the post here:

http://thelifestream.net/forums/sho...ss+question+first,+place+Case+Tifa#post377895

For another thing, there would be no need for Cloud and Tifa to confirm their feelings during the HA HW scene if they had already done so during the Lifestream event.

By the way, Tifa did not realize that Cloud was holding feelings for her until he informed her in the Lifestream. Even though she was called and it was just the two of them, she can be quite clueless. (page 25)

Reiterating what I said before, the feelings are seen and transmitted between the two, and Tifa's feelings had not yet developed at this point, driving the point home that these feelings that are being spoken of are in the present.
I disagree, but again - I spoke about that at length in my post to Ariadne (Tres) yesterday, so please see that post for my answer:

http://thelifestream.net/forums/sho...ss+question+first,+place+Case+Tifa#post377895

This scene between the two of them happens after everyone returns, and unlike the LA, this scene shows that the Highwind experience before was indeed a positive one; which indicates that feelings were indeed shared. It narritively matches up with the HA communication of feelings(of love) with their hearts connecting.
Sorry, no. You haven't been here long, so you haven't seen my discussions of the LA scene yet. However, "Low Affection" does not mean that Cloud and Tifa hate each other. They are in fact good friends whether you get the HA or LA version. What the LA version means is that they have no romantic interest in one another. And SE has said that Aerith lives in Cloud's heart:

It mentions the images (of a face or appearance) that even now live in Cloud's heart, with images of the bottom half of Aerith's face, the flower garden and the Forgotten Capital. ~Interview with Nomura published at FFVIIAC Reunion
Screenshot: http://clerith.heliohost.org/ACNet.gif

Aerith Gainsborough - A girl with the blood of the Ancients flowing through her veins, who is engraved in Cloud's heart for the rest of his life. ~DoC game manual, direct translation from Japanese version

But the difference is that Tifa does have romantic interest and Cloud, and has been stated to have such feelings(as I said earlier), and Clouds past feelings are rekindled in the lifestream scene. Both characters are showing interest for one another.
Again, I discussed this at length in an earlier post. I believe it was in response to Clarky Cat:

http://thelifestream.net/forums/sho...deration+resorting+flames+insults.#post377428

And I do not agree that Cloud and Tifa's feelings were rekindled during the Lifestream event. The only feelings discussed were Cloud's crush on Tifa as a kid. Again, I discussed that at length in my post to Ariadne (Tres) yesterday and linked to it above.

It seems kind of odd that they didn't make that clearer? Why wouldn't Square describe that in the scene instead of just describing it ending short? It seems kinda hard o believe that Square would expect a reader to look that deeply into the text. Usually when someone is trying to convey something, they try to make it as clear as possible, this meaning seems very hard to understand.
I can basically say the same thing to you. IF Cloud and Tifa truly love one another non-optionally, then why haven't we heard them express it to one another? Why haven't we seen a kiss between them? Why is the HA HW scene only provided on an optional basis?

IF SE wanted to make Cloti the canon couple of the game, then all they had to do was make the HA HW scene non-optional, and actually show a kiss or an "I love you" between Cloud and Tifa sometime during the scene or afterwards. (Of course, the same applies to Cloud and Aerith - that's why I don't think either couple is canon.

I'm sorry I just had to Quex has gotten me obsessed.
Sorry - my computer's too old to watch anything on youtube easily. *blush*

Sorry, but that's all the time I have right now. I'll finish your other questions later.

SE has specified that there is a Low Affection version of the HW scene as well as a High Affection version.

Should SE have lied? I don't understand how pointing out in the game that there are two versions of the scene means neither can be canon when they've also used the HA scene in their impressive scenes and story summary.

Also remember your criteria cannot be that they use the words 'this scene is canon' because they NEVER use that term. You cannot put ridiculous expectations on this one case that does not apply for other parts of FF7 or even other FF games (heck anything SE has made, I'd be shocked if the word 'canon' was ever used by them).

If your standard is that the scene must be said to 'be canon', then your view is no SE game with a deviation of a scene has a canon version of that scene.

Is that your claim? Having a deviation means no version is canon?

And if that's not your claim, then you need a more realistic standard when applying it to the Highwind scene. If you don't, then your double standard will not hold up.

IF SE wanted to make Cloti the canon couple of the game, then all they had to do was make the HA HW scene non-optional, and actually show a kiss or an "I love you" between Cloud and Tifa sometime during the scene or afterwards.

Final Fantasy 7 isn't about making a couple canon or not canon. I'm sorry you think this is so important but really, SE doesn't care. They especially don't care as much about English speaking fans as they do about Japanese speaking ones. And in Japan, fans can't hide behind false translations. They know their language, and in their language the 'canon' has been made very clear.

The LA version is for getting Tifa's rating very low. It makes sense that if you haven't been very nice to her or paying attention to her, that the two of them aren't as confident with each other.

The LA version has nothing to do with Aerith. She's not mentioned, SE never mentions the scene in respect to her or Cloud's feelings for her. If your claim that the LA version is for people who chose Clerith, why aren't they giving that equal ground?

From SE's perspective, it's either a scene where they express their feelings, or one where they do not. It has never been said to be about feelings for one girl or the other. If they are trying to make that an equal option, why wouldn't they have said that?

In the end, the LA version is a way for players to not get the full story depending on the way they played. Like missing out on Yuffie or Vincent or Zack's flashbacks. Getting the LA version isn't the canon one, since the HA version is the one they use when retelling the story. It's simply the 'bad' version. The incomplete version.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Should SE have lied? I don't understand how pointing out in the game that there are two versions of the scene means neither can be canon when they've also used the HA scene in their impressive scenes and story summary.

Also remember your criteria cannot be that they use the words 'this scene is canon' because they NEVER use that term. You cannot put ridiculous expectations on this one case that does not apply for other parts of FF7 or even other FF games (heck anything SE has made, I'd be shocked if the word 'canon' was ever used by them).

If your standard is that the scene must be said to 'be canon', then your view is no SE game with a deviation of a scene has a canon version of that scene. Is that your claim? Having a deviation means no version is canon? And if that's not your claim, then you need a more realistic standard when applying it to the Highwind scene. If you don't, then your double standard will not hold up.

In fact, someone with more knowledge of Japanese could answer this, is there a word for 'canon in literature' in Japanese?
canon, specifically, is a term made up by fandoms, originating from the term for the first five books of the bible. it generally isn't a word used by really major companies, especially japanese ones because....it makes no sense. it's more of a 'do they say that etc. is official or not' because really that's the only word they'd use

Oh ya, I understand that part Aki. I meant more, IF they wanted to pull a Star Wars and start using a term like 'canon' all over the place, is there even a term for it in Japanese? Because if there isn't, then there's really no way her standard can be that they say a scene 'is canon'.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I also say that koibito in CoLWhite can be translated as "sweetheart, lover" or "boyfriend":

Cloud is the woman's friend, lover (sweetheart/boyfriend) ~Case of Lifestream White

Ok so. Koibito can mean sweetheart, lover or boyfriend. Can we look at this and narrow it down, because all those terms have different meanings, and koibito is going to mean something more specific depending on context.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Once again replying to posts not directed at me, I just can't help myself :monster: But, not everything here needs a response from me, especially since I've already said everything that DOES merit saying by now I think. But, as always some things bear repeating at least one more time. Let's see what's what.

Oh, and on that subject Anastar, I'll do my best to follow Tres' example and kick the direct insults out of my responses for awhile. I won't accuse you of peddling nonsense you don't really believe, for example, I'll try to give you the benefit of the doubt so far as that goes. There probably will still be some snark here and there, but it will be in the spirit of fun (being snarky is half the enjoyment of this thread for me).

I've been discussing it at length here in this thread, but to sum it up as briefly as possible:

1) Cloud's love for both girls is optional. That's established on the FTOIL page.

Sorry, but really no such thing is established on the FTOIL page. The text on the page does not speak about the deviation or the individual versions. It only confirms that yes, mutual romantic feelings WERE shared. While it is specified that this occurs in the HA version elsewhere, this page confirms that it DID happen with no mention of version at all.

2) Page 232 of the 20th AU says that there are two versions of the Highwind scene that are dependent on Tifa's affection level for Cloud.

I'll leave it to others to comment on the 20th AU, but yes page 232 speaks about the deviation. It explains how your actions while playing determine which version of the scene you see, that being tied to Tifa's affection values. The affection values themselves are arbitrary, and do not change the fact that Tifa's affection for Cloud is a narrative constant beyond our ability to change. We can make changes to the AV while playing, we cannot change Tifa's feelings in the narrative as a whole.

3) SE has specified that there is a Low Affection version of the HW scene as well as a High Affection version.

As well they should, since they make a separate blurb about every deviation. They seem to like to be thorough on the subject.

Is so many words? No, they have never said outright "this version is canon." They have no need to, as every indication shows that HA is what happened with or without such a specific and direct statement.

5) SE has also given evidence that Cloud can love Aerith. I gave a whole list of examples that people here won't accept. (Which is understandable - after all, I don't accept their evidence, either. :lol:)

Alright, I can agree somewhat with the last part of 5) here, the bit in parenthesis. We do not accept each other's evidence. The issue lies with the reason we do not accept your evidence as compared to the reason you do not accept ours. Ours is at the least based on parsimonious reading/viewing of the compilation, and at best confirmed by multiple sources. Yours are strictly based on your interpretation. And I mean no insult by this, but you do seem to view everything in terms of "how can this possibly support my pairing?" That's not parsimonious and logical viewing of said anything. Its one of the reasons folks sometimes get frustrated with debating you, imo.

The FFVII UO doesn't even specify that the feelings are love, since it only says "strong emotions".

Good thing the FTOIL page is there to make sure no one argues what the strong feelings are eh?

However, the point is that SE makes it quite clear that mutual feelings of love are displayed between Cloud and Tifa in the High Affection version only.
But they make it clear the HA version is what happened within the narrative. The discussion of the deviation does not invalidate the canon outcome. I know you don't like examples outside the compilation, but for the benefit of everyone I'm gonna use one anyway: Many Star Wars games have two main paths you can take, Light Side and Dark Side. The Light Side ending is just about ALWAYS the one that canonically happens. Even without an official follow up to tell us so, this is understood. The deviation in events doesn't alter the canonical status of the Light Side endings within the narrative, no matter what you did or didn't do in your own play through.

As a side note, I say that the FTOIL page makes it quite clear that the feelings are optional, since both the pictures of the HW scene and the Clerith Date scene are labeled with page numbers where the deviations are discussed.

I'll say again, the image is of Cloud and Aerith's date but the text discusses all the dates, as it were, and their purely optional status. You make note of this yourself as you state your feelings on the FTOIL page below:

The top of the Clerith date picture also lists a page number where it's discussed that Cloud can go on the date with 4 different characters. Point is, the Clerith date picture and the HW scene picture are the only two scenes on the FTOIL page labeled as having deviations.

So this is not a discussion of "the Clerith date" at all, its a discussion of the dates, plural. That includes Tifa's date. Aerith is not getting equal representation on the FTOIL page and related pages discussing deviations as you would like her to. The text discussing the HW scene does not specify that the outcome is optional within the narrative as you would like it to. And FFVII is the only game on the page with deviations because it was the only game WITH a deviation of this nature (that is, a deviation regarding the romantic confessions).

Cloud is the only character from a Final Fantasy who is pictured with two different women on the FTOIL page.

And still, the text only specifically discusses him with one girl. Aerith's name does not even appear on the page. I do believe you read too much meaning into the decision to use a picture of Aerith's date scene for the small section on the dates, and therefore do not focus enough on the real meat of the page.

IF the HA HW scene is canon and IF Cloti is canon, there is absolutely no reason to include the Date scene picture on the page or a picture of Cloud with Aerith.

Except plausible reasons for the information about the date being present have been provided. I know you're responding to someone who was not present for that discussion as it occurred, but don't ignore what's been said in the thread just because of that please? It'd be kinda uncool to do so. The dates all feature an attempt by one of the four possible party members who can show up to confess feelings to Cloud. Their attempt is unsuccessful and Cloud remains oblivious to the attempt, but the attempt was made. Ergo, it has a place on the FTOIL page.

Now there is no real way of knowing why they chose Aerith's picture, but I have suggested they might have simply been honoring the other point on the triangle, as it were. Of the four people who showed up for the date, Aerith and Tifa are the only two who are treated as serious rivals for Cloud's affections within the narrative, while Yuffie and Barret's dates are more comical.

TL;DR, there IS a reason for the date blurb, and whether there is a reason for them to use Aerith in the picture or not the really important information discusses the HW scene, which is all Cloud and Tifa.

Now, the next bit of your post isn't asking for responses, its just a list of things that you see as Clerith evidence. I am responding to it specifically based on your above comment about us not accepting your evidence. I'll explain why I personally do not accept these, individually, in an attempt to foster a better understanding between us within this debate. Of course you've already seen my thoughts on all of these in all likelihood, but maybe it will work better without the flippant turn of phrase I habitually use :monster:

The Clerith date,

Genuinely optional and Cloud remains unaware of her intentions either way...

the Cosmo Canyon campfire scene where Cloud tells Aerith that he's there for her,

This one I can actually see, but its not necessarily romantic, just possibly. Friendship and concern could easily merit the same scene.

Aerith manifesting in Cloud's dream when she leaves for the Forgotten City,

Aerith leaving the group behind to try and get things done on her own, and expressing concern for Cloud's mental well being in a somewhat flippant manner. No real romance expressed or hinted at here.

Cloud sensing Aerith's presence in the Forgotten City when no one else can,

Sephiroth's presence too.

the wedding prediction by Cait Sith,

No such prediction was made, Cait Sith was only supposed to measure their compatibility and added on his hopes/thoughts on their wedding after the reading was over. Cait Sith is also not a reliable source of information with regards to his fortune telling, as has been stated by SE. Even if he HAD predicted a wedding, Aerith dies and no such event ever occurs, which chows his unreliability just as well as the previously mentioned statement.

Cloud saying that he thinks he can meet Aerith in the Promised Land,

It is entirely possible to think he could possibly meet her in the Promised Land without romance involved. He cares about her greatly, and I doubt anyone would seriously argue he does not. With or without love, it would make sense for him to want to see her again even if it is just out of friendship/sense of loss. Further, the continuation of the Comp. beyond the OG shows his motives for wanting to meet Aerith again to be primarily concerned with forgiveness and redemption in order to alleviate his guilt for allowing her death/nearly causing it himself. And finally, while Cloud expresses the belief that he could meet Aerith there, it is Tifa who expresses the actual desire to do so. Unless you believe Tifa has romantic feelings for Aerith, that backs up up the lack of a need for romantic intentions for them to desire such.

the hand reach scene (in both FFVII and AC/ACC),

The hand reach in the OG is pretty vague, but it seems to have led Cloud out of the Lifestream (where he had just handed Sephiroth his ass once again) and back to Tifa. And we know Aerith loves Cloud, he need not return her feelings for her to want to help him back to the land of the living.

The AC/C hand reach follows Cloud reaching out to every single member of the party in a chain of assists that culiminate in the swordsman taking down Bahamut SIN. Now I cannot say it for certain, but it appeared Aerith used one of her old Limit Breaks in that scene to me, specifically Fury Brand, thus allowing Cloud to use that awesomely over the top variation of Climhazard. I could accept her romantic feelings for Cloud as partial motivation for showing up there to assist (in addition to the whole saving the world from Sephiroth and his avatars motive). But that does not necessitate Cloud returning those feelings.

Cloud thinking of Aerith first when Sephy asks him in AC/ACC what he cherishes most... and more.
The order Cloud's mind flashes up his loved ones in isn't a good indicator of importance, really. But I'll comment further anyway, since I'm trying to foster better understanding and all.

It is impossible for Sephiroth to take Aerith away from Cloud at this point, he already did that during the OG. Cloud no doubt did cherish her in some form or fashion, so she does belong there. And it would be no surprise for him to immediately remember someone Sephiroth did take away from him when Sephiroth expresses a desire to take away another thing Cloud cherishes. His thoughts then turn to the living, Tifa and their kids, things Sephiroth still can take away from him, before he closes on a flash of another person who was taken from him (albeit by a different set of assailants) and whom he lost even more completely for a time due to his memory fuckery.

And we have agreed that the word can mean just that. But, context is required to determine which English words to put in place of koibito, and context in this case does not indicate the mutual definition. Could mean isn't does mean.

If there was any indication that Cloud felt the same way, then lover or boyfriend would be perfectly appropriate. There is no such indication, however, which is why it was translated as it was.

No, the feelings that Cloud and Tifa discussed during the Lifestream event were their past feelings, not their current feelings. I went into that yesterday in detail in my post to Tres. I'd recopy it here, but it was pretty long.

And it was pointed out in several responses to this claim of yours that the language used indicates that the feelings began in the past and continue on up to the present being described. Ergo, while the feelings were born in their childhood, they are still holding them currently.

For another thing, there would be no need for Cloud and Tifa to confirm their feelings during the HA HW scene if they had already done so during the Lifestream event.

They had not already done so during the LS event though. They became aware of the feelings the other was holding during the LS event. They confirmed those mutual feelings during the HW scene.

For example, I could become aware that someone is a Clerith supporter from their profile here on TLS without them ever saying anything, but when they did say something direct about it it would be a confirmation.

Sorry for repeating so many things that have already been said, especially since said repetition was unsolicited. Here's hoping that it helps explain why your evidence goes largely unaccepted, or at least why I do not accept myself.

However, "Low Affection" does not mean that Cloud and Tifa hate each other. They are in fact good friends whether you get the HA or LA version.

True enough so far.

What the LA version means is that they have no romantic interest in one another.

But Tifa remains in love with and interested in Cloud. This bit is incontrovertible, outside of an arbitrary game mechanic Tifa's affections are not malleable. Within the narrative, she is romantically interested. If your reading of the LA version is correct, and I am not saying I accept it as such, then it invalidates any chance of the deviation being viable in and of itself. If LA!Tifa is not interested, and canon!Tifa is definitely interested, then HA HW scene must be canon.

And SE has said that Aerith lives in Cloud's heart:

One, this is not literal. Two, Aerith lives on in the hearts of all her friends.

The quotes you used shouldn't be examined all on their own. Put them together with other quotes and evidence, and they bring you to a conclusion more like unto what I said above. Aerith living on in the party's hearts is not a literal situation, and its not just Cloud who has her forever engraved within him. Cloud gets singled out since he is the protagonist, but it is still true for all of AVALANCHE.

And I do not agree that Cloud and Tifa's feelings were rekindled during the Lifestream event.

Ah, here we agree, though for different reasons. Cloud and Tifa's feelings were not rekindled because said feelings never dwindled. They were always present, even growing once they were reunited. Ergo, nothing to rekindle.

The only feelings discussed were Cloud's crush on Tifa as a kid.

Said crush and Tifa's desire for news of Cloud are feelings, and feelings that we are told they are still holding all the way up to the Lifestream event. That's where our reasoning differs.

I can basically say the same thing to you. IF Cloud and Tifa truly love one another non-optionally, then why haven't we heard them express it to one another?

HW scene, LS event. The scenes where they become aware of and then confirm their mutual romantic feelings. I would like to see them express these feelings a little more often/physically, but such is not necessary to know what's going on.

Why haven't we seen a kiss between them? Why is the HA HW scene only provided on an optional basis?

I couldn't say why SE hasn't shown us a kiss, though given their personalities its in character for both Cloud and Tifa to shun public displays of affection. They are shy after all. And sure, there is plenty of alone time for them to get a more physical display of their feelings in (aside from confirming their feelings without words, which was a physical display of some sort), but SE doesn't seem to focus on this nearly as much as we do so its not that huge a surprise that we haven't seen it. And the HA HW scene is not on an optional basis, as explained earlier and elsewhere in this thread.

IF SE wanted to make Cloti the canon couple of the game, then all they had to do was make the HA HW scene non-optional,

Which they did, though to be fair this was done after the fact through the continuing narrative and the Ultimanias. Before the Compilation, when it was just the OG and nothing more, the HA/LA deviation could be argued as having no canon outcome, but that is no longer the case.

and actually show a kiss or an "I love you" between Cloud and Tifa sometime during the scene or afterwards.

During the scene they did have a physical confirmation of their feelings, implied to be too risque to actually show directly no less. I agree that it'd be nice to see a kiss and/or hear them say they love each other. It irritates me mildly that they have not. But, as said above, the lack of such direct and visible displays doesn't invalidate what we have been shown and told.

(Of course, the same applies to Cloud and Aerith - that's why I don't think either couple is canon.

Of course, Aerith does not have an opportunity to become aware of or confirm matching feelings with Cloud, optional or otherwise. Even if you do not see the canonical status of the HA version of the HW scene and continue to call it optional, that optional scene is substantially more than Aerith gets.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Physically, he's 21 during FFVII. In actual years of life experience, he's still 16. The kid who was in love with Tifa, who witnessed his hometown be burned to ash, and who fought and miraculously killed Sephiroth was only a few short weeks in Cloud's past.

Omg, this. Countless times I see the argument that "Cloud didn't know Tifa either" in the beginning. But he DID. Perhaps not well, especially because of his mental shattering, but obviously (as we see in the lifestream) a lot of his mind revolves around Tifa and their promise. Some people say that the time ellapsed between Cloud knowing Tifa and Aerith in the first disc is the same, but that's just not true.

Cloud sensing Aerith's presence in the Forgotten City when no one else can
You are forgetting that he can also sense Sephiroth... I didn't know you were into Yaoi. (Hell not even I'M into that pairing)

Even if it's so, it's one-sided Aerith.

No, the feelings that Cloud and Tifa discussed during the Lifestream event were their past feelings, not their current feelings.

Can someone tell me when Cloud moved on from Tifa ? We all know about his child hood crush, his strong feelings in the past... there's obvious evidence that the feelings carried on as in Cloud saying "Nothing has changed" since they were children, and how the promise is something he still intends to keep. When did his crush fade? More importantly, where did SE say it faded or when did Cloud say so in the game/movie?

Why haven't we seen a kiss between them?

Why do they have to kiss to be in love? Also the same may be said to your side of the argument. If Cloud loves Aerith so much, why didn't he say so in AC/ACC when he can obviously speak to her? If she can see him any time she wants, why does he look so sad and why does she disappear on him? Why does she walk out the door? Why doesn't Cloud run after her or maybe say "Thank you Aerith" at the end of ACC if Cloud's smile is supposedly all about her?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

There's nothing about Barret leaving yet - looks to me like he's planning to stay.

The very first paragraph of Barret's novella has him leave after helping Cloud and Tifa make their place, as mentioned. He was not planning on staying. That he never said what he was going to do in the new bar and grill is actually an indication of this in addition to what his own novella says.

Nothing's been said about the place being Cloud and Tifa's place, either. It's always referred to as "their business", and sounds like the business is Cloud's, Tifa's, and Barret's business. There's nothing about it being a home.

Again, Case of Barret. Additionally 'the family of three' 'the family of four' 'Cloud's family' and 'the family they [Cloud and Tifa] were forming in Edge'

Why is Tifa upset? Because Barret didn't tell them.
Tifa isn't talking about going on a journey. She's talking about settling her past. Slight difference.

OTOH, Barret himself does say it's Cloud and Tifa's place. Their home, even.

I keep saying this, but a child sleeping with a woman does not make any man she might be sleeping with leave the bed and sleep in another room.
This isn't evidence either way.

Barret has never included himself or been included in the nuclear family of the 7th heaven.

Case of Barrett. Where the narration reveals that to Barret, it was Cloud and Tifa's home he was building. Not his.

“You really will?”

Because even living together, he might not be able to remind her of how she was.
Nothing about the blushing, there? Or is this another 'he could be blushing for any reason other than romance' situation?

I'd like to notice, for the record, that the goalposts have shifted from 'mutual romantic disinterest to 'mutual disinterest in a relationship,' neither of which is actually supported at any point by text. It is ENTIRELY Anastar's view, without evidenciary support, based on an unfounded premise, and a premise which is also her desired conclusion for the whole of the argument.

[/I]AC: Upon knowing that Cloud had been residing in Aerith’s church after leaving the place they had been living in together, her expression becomes complex. ~Tifa's character profile, 10th Anniversary Ultimania

Holy hell, STOP QUOTE MINING. And Yes, THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE DOING. You've left out that the 'reason' spoken of is that Cloud blames himself for Aerith's death and is acting self destructive as a result of that. You're misrepresenting the situation by leaving out the fuller quote.

That means she IS interested in a relationship. She WANTS that to happen, ASAP. That's not even relationship disinterest, much less romantic disinterest. But keep shifting those goalposts.

So where's the 'I don't want to be in a relationship' then?

This is wrong.
Tifa's AV goes up and down for entirely arbitrary reasons, for entirely arbitrary values. Likewise Barret and Yuffie's values, which must also be included if we're being consistent, ALSO rise for arbitrary values. In fact, Yuffie's AV rises fastest in her joining sequence, in which you are rude and dismissive to her.

When does Cloud act 'nasty' to Tifa, much less in a situation affecting the AV? Hell, the closest that I can think of- saying 'we have to help Aerith' when when she's Corneo's selection improves Tifa's AV, where being concerned over Tifa reduces the AV.
Also, are you saying that Cloud pushes the wrong barrel in the church because he doesn't like Aerith? Because that's what your argument has as a result.

So now you're relying on 'They didn't explicitly call the way I see these quotes wrong' as your defense? And like Tres said, how does it make your interpretation of those quotes neutral?

Oh, I see now.
Guys, I get the standard for if Tifa's clingy or not.
If she and Cloud are seen as being in a relationship, she's totally clingy.
If she and Cloud aren't, she totally isn't.
That's the only way to reconcile everything Anastar's said on this subject over the years, and probably last week if I bothered to look around her forum.

I don't see it as weak.

You don't see it as weak to pine away endlessly for something that can never happen?
Then again, you are a post-mortem Clerith.

Tifa was called out to the well by Cloud. Tifa called out to Cloud at the beginning of the Lifestream event. He did not call out to Tifa.

Actually, yes he did. His very heart called out to her. BOTH versions of the highwind scene tell us he did!

Therefore, the last sentence is talking about Tifa being clueless about Cloud's feelings at the well at the time of the Promise.

No. It's saying Cloud WAS HOLDING the feelings he had at the time of the promise when he told her about them.
"Tifa did not realize that Cloud was holding feelings for her until he informed her in the Lifestream."

That's not 'more likely' at all, unless you're seeing Cloud as a bit of an asshole who knows his strategy worked without caring that the woman is now crushing on him too.

But none of that is NARRATIVELY REQUIRED to be put in. One does not need to include Cloud's crush on Tifa as part of Cloud's very identity if they do not want to emphasize it.

Even if you think that it doesn't count as 'love', it's still a romantic inclination towards Tifa that he held up to the Nibelheim sequence, and which he was said to be holding during the lifestream sequence.
There are several quotes which say both Cloud and Tifa were holding feelings for each other that they became aware of during that sequence.

Zealkin

In 50 words or less? :lol: I've written entire websites about it. You can find my website here:

Anastar, there's a reason she wanted '50 words or less.' She wanted to, in simply, newly phrased terms, to give a concise summary of the evidence you think indicates the pairing. Not your Multi thousans page wordpile amounting to nothing.

This is a falsehood. A falsehood you repeat again and again. Neither text of the FTOIL page NOR the pages linked t establish this idea.

Which no one- except you back when you insisted there were three- denies.

And?

They've never actually EVER said 'X is canon.' where X is anything. You'll find that apart from Lucasfilm, most companies don't bother with the term or the idea of a 'canon,' preferring to instead deal in 'official' and 'narratives.'

Your evidence for 'Cloud can love Aerith' tends to also work to show Cloud loves Barret, Yuffie, and Zack, using the same logic.

SE specifies that romantic intentions are expressed only in the High Affection version. For example, here:

Deviation - Two versions of the conversation before the final battle Prior to the final battle, the contents of the conversation between Cloud and Tifa can change depending on the degree of Tifa's affection. If the degree of affection is high, the contents of the two's conversation will involve deep subject matter and strong feelings for each other. As well, the sight of the two seen by their companions the next morning will lead to an embarrassing scene for Tifa, and she blushes greatly. ~page 232, Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Ultimania

They've also said that Cloud and Tifa confirm those feelings for each other in the course of the narrative, including on p232 as well. They've ALSO said that the feelings that are actually confirmed in the course of the narrative are romantic.
You keep refusing to admit it, but P232 TELLS US Cloud and Tifa confirm mutual feelings without words. That's what HAPPENS. This uses the same wording at the FTOIL page.
If this only happens in the HAHW scene, then congratulations, that's the scene that happens.

"If Tifa's affection regarding Cloud is high, when the two stay behind at the airship, they will confirm that their feelings of desire/wanting for one another match." ~Tifa's profile, FFVII UO

After stopping Hojo from going amuck, the conversation with Tifa before they rush into the Northern Crater diverges into two conditions, according to Tifa's affection rating with Cloud. When it gets low, the conversation in the scene that they spend the night will be apathetic and ends short. Next morning in the cockpit, Tifa says “Were you listening?” and stamps on tiptoe. On the other hand, when degree gets higher, the conversation of the scene that they spend the night will have strong emotions. Next morning in the cockpit, Tifa will say “Were you watching?” and feels terribly shy. ~page198, FFVII Ultimania Omega

The FFVII UO doesn't even specify that the feelings are love, since it only says "strong emotions". However, the point is that SE makes it quite clear that mutual feelings of love are displayed between Cloud and Tifa in the High Affection version only.

And then they say that Cloud and Tifa display and confirm feelings, period. That's what happens in the narrative.
We're also told that the LOW Highwind scene is short and apathetic. As in it lacks feelings.
You've got all the dots, you just refuse to connect them.

Is%20LT%20Over6.jpg

The top of the Clerith date picture also lists a page number where it's discussed that Cloud can go on the date with 4 different characters.

The FTOIL page says that as well. So, THE PAGE ITSELF Says Cloud can go on the date with four people. The FTOIL page simply stresses that Cloud and Tifa confirm mutual feelings without words, information ALSO contained on p232.

Point is, the Clerith date picture and the HW scene picture are the only two scenes on the FTOIL page labeled as having deviations.

And as constantly mentioned, having a deviation DOES NOT mean there's no official outcome.
The HAHW scene is listed one of the four most impressive scenes in the game.
It's the one constantly highlighted by Square and Square Enix. The one time the Low version gets notice actually gives us the information that makes it the one that cannot have happened.

Cloud is the only character from a Final Fantasy who is pictured with two different women on the FTOIL page. IF the HA HW scene is canon and IF Cloti is canon, there is absolutely no reason to include the Date scene picture on the page or a picture of Cloud with Aerith.

Yes there is. Because the date scene is a scene of a ROMANTIC CONFESSION. Cloud's fucking clueless, but he's BEING CONFESSED TO.
Like I keep saying, you know who's NOT on that page?
Edgar/Gilbar and Anna, Yang and his Wife, Cid and Edea, Laguna and Raine, Irvine and Selphie, Zell and Library girl, Freya and Fratley, Amarant and Lani, and quite interestingly, not Wakka and Lulu.
All of them actualize couples. None of them with really notable confession scenes.
And I bring all THEM up because Steiner and Beatrix ARE on the page and they DID have a notable confession.

The Clerith date, the Cosmo Canyon campfire scene where Cloud tells Aerith that he's there for her, Aerith manifesting in Cloud's dream when she leaves for the Forgotten City, Cloud sensing Aerith's presence in the Forgotten City when no one else can, the wedding prediction by Cait Sith, Cloud saying that he thinks he can meet Aerith in the Promised Land, the hand reach scene (in both FFVII and AC/ACC), Cloud thinking of Aerith first when Sephy asks him in AC/ACC what he cherishes most... and more.

And more?
So, chronologically, we have 'Cloud tells Aerith- who feels alone- that he, no, EVERYONE is there. She's still alone. He's totally missed the point.'
We have the noted as unreliable Cait Sith predicting a bright future for Cloud and Aerith. Not their wedding. Cloud at this point is entirely blase. No reaction at all.
We have her date scene where he is UTTERLY oblivious.
We have Aerith contacting Cloud.
We have Cloud being able to sense Aerith AND SEPHIROTH in the forgotten capitol. Now, which of those does Cloud have an actual, factual, non speculative link to? Oh, Sephiroth, that's right.
We have a hand, in light, reaching out towards Cloud, before being replaced with Tifa's hand, with Cloud rushing and Saving Tifa's life in the nick of time.
We've got Cloud telling Tifa he thinks that it's possible to meet 'her' in the lifestream. He then proceeds, instead of going into the lifestream, to leave, then tell Tifa he intends to have her by his side from that day forward.
We have Aerith giving Cloud a boost in combat to kill a dragon.
And we have Cloud thinking of Aerith, then Tifa, the kids, Tifa and the kids, and at the crescendo, ZACK! This is simple filmic tricks. You never bury the lead and start with the most important thing and go down from there. You, if you do want to rank things, build towards climax working upwards from the least towards the most. It's the very concept of top 10 lists. You save the best for last. Anyways, Afterwards Cloud says 'There's not a thing I don't cherish.' He's not playing Sephy's game.

It CAN. But it's out and outwrong to call him a boyfriend or lover. Cloud and Aerith were never dating. He can't be a boyfriend or a lover. It didn't happen. He can be her beloved or sweetheart.
Beloved is by far the best option there.

EVEN IF true, that's more than C/A ever got.

No, the feelings that Cloud and Tifa discussed during the Lifestream event were their past feelings, not their current feelings. I went into that yesterday in detail in my post to Tres. I'd recopy it here, but it was pretty long.

And you were wrong yesterday. Those were feelings they were holding. Not that that they had held in the past.

You can find the post here:

There's awareness, and there's confirmation. They realize in LS, they confirm and act on in HW.

I disagree, but again - I spoke about that at length in my post to Ariadne (Tres) yesterday, so please see that post for my answer:

Sorry, no. You haven't been here long, so you haven't seen my discussions of the LA scene yet. However, "Low Affection" does not mean that Cloud and Tifa hate each other. They are in fact good friends whether you get the HA or LA version. What the LA version means is that they have no romantic interest in one another.

'No romantic interest' to be defined as fits her mood at this exact moment.

And SE has said that Aerith lives in Cloud's heart:

It mentions the images (of a face or appearance) that even now live in Cloud's heart, with images of the bottom half of Aerith's face, the flower garden and the Forgotten Capital. ~Interview with Nomura published at FFVIIAC Reunion
Screenshot: [URL]http://clerith.heliohost.org/ACNet.gif

Okay, 1. Aerith has been said to live on the hearts of ALL her friends. That's in her U10 profile.
2. You're trying to use hearsay of a partly translated magazine as evidence. Not even the magazine page itself, but hearsay of what the images and random text said.

Aerith Gainsborough - A girl with the blood of the Ancients flowing through her veins, who is engraved in Cloud's heart for the rest of his life.~DoC game manual, direct translation from Japanese version

Please provide a scan of the manual, please.

Again, I discussed this at length in an earlier post. I believe it was in response to Clarky Cat:

http://thelifestream.net/forums/sho...deration+resorting+flames+insults.#post377428

And I do not agree that Cloud and Tifa's feelings were rekindled during the Lifestream event. The only feelings discussed were Cloud's crush on Tifa as a kid. Again, I discussed that at length in my post to Ariadne (Tres) yesterday and linked to it above.

And those are feelings with Cloud WAS HOLDING in the lifestream, feelings which are narratively unnecessary for determining who Cloud really is, but are narratively important.

I can basically say the same thing to you. IF Cloud and Tifa truly love one another non-optionally, then why haven't we heard them express it to one another? Why haven't we seen a kiss between them? Why is the HA HW scene only provided on an optional basis?

For the same reason Tidus's resurrection and Shadow's staying alive are 'optional.' Sometimes, you have to work for the good result, for the official outcome.

IF SE wanted to make Cloti the canon couple of the game, then all they had to do was make the HA HW scene non-optional, and actually show a kiss or an "I love you" between Cloud and Tifa sometime during the scene or afterwards. (Of course, the same applies to Cloud and Aerith - that's why I don't think either couple is canon.

Anastar, You know and I know that you don't actually believe that.
I know that because I CAN READ what you argue here and elsewhere.
And you do refuse to admit that we're told, even with the deviation, what actually happened under the highwind. That there is an option not to go with the official outcome does not change the official outcome any more than choosing not to get Yuffie or Vincent changes their joining.

I know you insist that they haven't declared 'which version happened' but they have. In all but the most explicit terms, they have.
They've said that when feelings are shared, they are 'of desire.
They've said that in one version of the scene, the conversation is short and lacks feeling.
They've said feelings are mutually confimed with out words, period.
They've also said romantic feelings are confirmed without words, period, but let's leave that aside.

I'm calling BS on this one.
There's no way you can't run youtube because of your computer.
"Platform: Windows 2000 or higher with latest updates installed
Processor: 500MHz or faster
RAM: 128MB or more
Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory
Sound Card: at least 16-bit"
That's ALL you need to have youtube run. An operating system less than a decade old, and RAM and processor speeds that are easily eclipsed by any computer sold in like the last 15 years.
Your internet might be slow- and seriously, get cable. It costs barely any more than 56K for an orders of magnitude speed increase- but that's not your computer.

Also, given that it makes your posts nigh unreadable at times, and since you have SPECIFICALLY complained about not being able to read posts, PLEASE stop coloring quotes in dark blue and different fonts.

Last edited:
Z

Zealkin

Zealkin

I'll read as much as I can, thanks

1. The FTIOL page? How does that make anything optional? I know you've talked about this page countless times with others but I'd really like a direct reply to this reasoning. Final fantasy 7 was rated T, it's audience is mainly for people aged from 13-18(for this fandom it's beyond but I digress) the deviations are not listed on the page given, and the explanations that you've given(correct me if I'm wrong) go along the lines of the number on the side of the picture indicate deviation, and due to those numbers being there that makes the scene optional.

Or something along those lines. The way to come to this conclusion is too complicated and very confusing, why would Square make a page that lists every other pairing communicating their love, with one pairings explanation that complicated?
The teenagers I know are pretty dense, and get things mixed up, and sometimes I'm one of them, not catering to their audience, and making a page unprofessional doesn't make sense. Ff6 has a subtitle of platonic love, why didn't they just make a subtitle under optional love for ff7 in general? A commercial artists job is to make things clear and apparent. If Cloud and Tifa were completely optional, and Square made that distinction clear, you can bet your money that commercial designer would make a header for it, it's simply bad marketing to do otherwise.

Wait, so disproving that Cloud and Tifa are not together makes Cloud and Aerith more viable? I didn't really bring these up in my response so I'm a little confused. What do Cloud and Tifa's relationship have anything to do with Aerith and Cloud? I just wanted some facts that give them their moments. I fail to see how Cloud and Tifa are relevant. :/
The wavering between two girls does not make the Cloud and Aerith case stronger.

Again what does this have to do with Aerith and Cloud being together. Those scenes are related to Cloud and Tifa they have nothing to do with Aerith.

I beg to differ:

"She and Cloud came to realize their feelings for each other in the end of the story, and live together in AC and DC".

"Declares that the team should dissolve in the final hours before the final battle, and communicates his feelings together with Tifa, who remains behind at the airship with him." (FFVIIUO, pg. 15)

"When Cloud proposes that the group separates temporarily, she remains behind at the airship and communicates her feelings together with Cloud. "
(FFVIIUO, pg. 27)

"When their companions disperse to the places where people important to them await, Cloud and Tifa are the only two to remain behind. They reveal their mutual feelings in their final hours, and......."
(FFVIIUO, pg. 198)

"She communicates her feelings together with Cloud in the final stages of the story, and in AC and DC they live together."
(CCU, pg. 33)

"Cloud and Tifa, who remain, reveal their feelings for each other and confirm them to match."
(FFVII 10th AU, pg. 118; pg. 120 in the Revised Edition)

"And when Cloud and Tifa remain behind alone, in their final hours, they disclose that their feelings for each other match."

(U20 Scenario, pg. 232; main body of story summary)

These feelings are mutual they don't talk about optionality or high or low affection, and some of them talk explicitly about Tifa communicating with Cloud, the HA scene has said to happen dozens of times. And to make things clear Tifa was in love with Cloud, this never changes, the idea that Tifa decided she did not want to be in a relationship with Cloud because he loves Aerith is not a feeling and is not supported.( if you have something that proves it is then could you show me?)

The end justifies the means, I can't read every single essay you've written, and somewhere long the way you said you had changed your mind about some of your arguments so bringing them up now would help me gain a better understanding of what they are exactly.

After stopping Hojo from going amuck, the conversation with Tifa before they rush into the Northern Crater diverges into two conditions, according to Tifa's affection rating with Cloud. When it gets low, the conversation in the scene that they spend the night will be apathetic and ends short. Next morning in the cockpit, Tifa says “Were you listening?” and stamps on tiptoe. On the other hand, when degree gets higher, the conversation of the scene that they spend the night will have strong emotions. Next morning in the cockpit, Tifa will say “Were you watching?” and feels terribly shy.
~page198, FFVII Ultimania Omega

Does it have to?It seems kind of repetitive to keep going back over and over saying Cloud and Tifa communicated feelings and those feelings were of love. Not only that but they don't communicate feelings in the LA scene Tifa stopping herself from being in a relationship with Cloud is not a feeling, and the scene was said to end short, as in they did not communicate anything.

Is%20LT%20Over6.jpg

This page mentions everything, every type of love is mentioned even love that is platonic, Terra gets her own section for that with the children. So if this is optional love, Square should have put it there. The date scene not only leaves Cloud clueless, it has a blurb that mentions all the other dates, Aerith may be included but her feelings on the date were not reciprocated.

The Clerith date
Wherein Cloud is oblivious.
the Cosmo Canyon campfire scene where Cloud tells Aerith that he's there for her
Cloud can't be supportive? Tifa being supportive of any of the other
members including Red XIII whom she tells to be strong, does not mean that she's in love with them(now abandoning your cause to nurse them on the other hand..), the same can be said of Cloud.
Aerith manifesting in Cloud's dream when she leaves for the Forgotten City,
That scene was actually essential to the plot, if you didn't know why Aerith left why would Cloud and the others bother to follow her? How would Cloud even know Sephiroth was trying to cause harm to her? She might have just gotten sick of the cause and left, it was important that the scene was there.
Cloud sensing Aerith's presence in the Forgotten City when no one else can,
Cloud sensing Aerith and Sephiroth is actually very important, he knew that she was in danger at this point, and the fact that she already had contact with his mind might have made it easier to find her that way.
the wedding prediction by Cait Sith,
Not only was Cait Sith a joke, but Cloud seems kind of nonchalant about the whole thing, if he was interested why not say something? Seriously anything? He doesn't even do that embarrassed hair rub thing, why doesn't he respond?
Cloud saying that he thinks he can meet Aerith in the Promised Land, the hand reach scene (in both FFVII and AC/ACC),
Aerith was leading Cloud back to Tifa and the others where he belonged, and helps him to save the city from Bahumet Sin, how is that romantic?

Cloud thinking of Aerith first when Sephy asks him in AC/ACC what he cherishes most... and more.
So in that order Cloud cares more about Tifa and Aerith than the kids, and Zack comes in last place, and his friends aren't even in there? D:, Sephy just asked what was important to him, why does there need to be an order? The movie was about him asking for forgiveness from Aerith, her pushing him forward and giving him support would put her at the forefront of his mind, I don't see how that's romantic, could you explain?

Who is the woman exactly, because Tifa is said to be the koibito of someone else too, but the name is not mentioned.

No, the feelings that Cloud and Tifa discussed during the Lifestream event were their past feelings, not their current feelings. I went into that yesterday in detail in my post to Tres. I'd recopy it here, but it was pretty long. You can find the post here:

But the thing is it is never shown exactly in the timeline when Tifa starts reciprocating Cloud's feelings, and she was interested him in the promise scene but when she fell for the guy, we can only speculate, and like Tres explained those feelings are of the here and now, knowing Japanese is really nifty.

Sorry, no. You haven't been here long, so you haven't seen my discussions of the LA scene yet. However, "Low Affection" does not mean that Cloud and Tifa hate each other. They are in fact good friends whether you get the HA or LA version. What the LA version means is that they have no romantic interest in one another. And SE has said that Aerith lives in Cloud's heart:
Hmm? I didn't say that they hated eactother in the LA scene in that quote at all. It was talking about a scene after Cloud and Tifa and everyone else reunite and speaks of their hearts connecting:
If the Highwind scene did indeed end short, why would there be a scene directly afterwards talking about their hearts connecting?

Screenshot: http://clerith.heliohost.org/ACNet.gif
Aerith Gainsborough - A girl with the blood of the Ancients flowing through her veins, who is engraved in Cloud's heart for the rest of his life.
~DoC game manual, direct translation from Japanese version
Aerith lives in Clouds heart as well as the hearts of everyone in avalanche, I doubt you would forget someone that awesome anyway, her being in their hearts isn't surprising.

perhaps rekindled was the wrong word, it's more like fully realized, and Cloud does not only have feelings for Tifa as a child, in Crisis Core they're very present, and could have grown into an even greater love(Gosh that's cheesy..), and i mentioned the past feelings thing above again :) So they realize that they have them one another, and confirm that they do in the highwind scene.

I can say the same thing for Cid and Shera's relationship, oh and Nanaki and the female he was with(forgot the specifics) they don't have any lovey dovey scenes either and that's fine, we still know they're together, whether it's by naming a ship after someone or raising pups together( familiar no?)

nooooo!!! the little pony's cuteness is wasted D:

Sorry, but that's all the time I have right now. I'll finish your other questions later.
Alright thanks. And now we play the waiting game...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Come on Ryu, the topic was going along so well. Do you have to come in here all angry like that?

Having said that:

Aerith Gainsborough - A girl with the blood of the Ancients flowing through her veins, who is engraved in Cloud's heart for the rest of his life.~DoC game manual, direct translation from Japanese version
Okay I'm going to be careful of how I word this so you don't take offense...

But Square officially translated it as "a girl who he'll never forget." If they wanted to say that she was engraved in his heart, they would have translated it that way...

I've seen you give these kinds of arguments before for the "koibito" line in the reunion files. You've said they only said she was "like a sweetheart" because that's how they translated it. So should official translations be used when available or not? Or is it only when they support your case?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Come on Ryu, the topic was going along so well. Do you have to come in here all angry like that?

Scubba Wha?

Having said that:

Okay I'm going to be careful of how I word this so you don't take offense...

But Square officially translated it as "a girl who he'll never forget." If they wanted to say that she was engraved in his heart, they would have translated it that way...

I've seen you give these kinds of arguments before for the "koibito" line in the reunion files. You've said they only said she was "like a sweetheart" because that's how they translated it. So should official translations be used when available or not? Or is it only when they support your case?

EVERYTHING is only when it supports her case, Quex.

Like how we can't trust the ultimanias because they only told Japan, but we can trust the JP manual for, um, quantum.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
canon, specifically, is a term made up by fandoms, originating from the term for the first five books of the bible. it generally isn't a word used by really major companies, especially japanese ones because....it makes no sense. it's more of a 'do they say that etc. is official or not' because really that's the only word they'd use

Actually, no. It is not made up by fandoms, nor is it based on the Pentateuch. Canon is originally a biblical term, but it referred to the works specifically determined to be part of the official story and not relegated to the apocrypha.
The word itself derives from greek.
You're right that companies, apart from Lucasfilms, never really use it, though, and even in their case, it's still only a matter of 'is this official or not' and 'does this override this.'

Now we return to the topic with that bit of literature and religious history covered.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Oh ya, I understand that part Aki. I meant more, IF they wanted to pull a Star Wars and start using a term like 'canon' all over the place, is there even a term for it in Japanese? Because if there isn't, then there's really no way her standard can be that they say a scene 'is canon'.
公式 was a term used when Japanese fans started saying they'd made C/T 'canon', meaning what Aki said (official).

Other than that, there's either カノン (just 'canon' from English), or 正典 (canon) and 外典 (apocrypha). Those might be more serious literature terms, though. But these aren't used like people are using 'canon' here, they refer to whole works and if they are considered part of their particular canon (aka the proper meaning). In terms of how it's being used here, 正史 (true/official history) seems to be a likely choice. Like which ending of a game would be 'canon' and so on.

Ryu said:
Please provide a scan of the manual, please.
I was going to say that I can't scan it, but I'm actually sitting right next to my fancy new printer/scanner so lolz. I can. I'm sure I did it in the past, but I'm not looking for that now.

http://i.imgur.com/RTsZF.jpg

But I could have just typed it up and everyone would trust me because I'm so trustworthy. Also the scan is a little blurry because I didn't want to break the spine of the manual.

彼の心に生涯刻まれることとなる古代種の血を引く少女。

I don't know they they call Tifa and Aerith '少女', that seems too young for them.

I'm sure I said something about this in the past, but I say a lot of things. It's probably pointless searching for it because all the old posts seemed to have lost the Japanese text, but it was a bunch of other examples using the same phrase that don't seem as romantic.

Does someone else remember that/has a link to it like that koibito one?

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Does someone else remember that/has a link to it like that koibito one?

Do you mean a scan of reunion files or a scan of CoLW?

EDIT
Reunion Files:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/reunion files scans/skylar_lohr/game%20photos/ReunionFiles14.jpg

EDIT II:
Okay, Hito sorry I just realized you weren't asking for a scan. I misread your post, my bad :monster:

公式 was a term used when Japanese fans started saying they'd made C/T 'canon', meaning what Aki said (official).
Also, I'm curious Hito, since we often see the "But it's not official in japan. If it's not official in Japan and they're still arguing about it, how can it really be canon?" What did they say made C/T Official? Was it koibito? Can you provide some links to Japanese fans saying this? I had a few a long time ago but not really anymore, though I could look for them again. Also, have Japanese fans EVER said C/A was official?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom