• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Destrillians: Awakening - Discussion Thread

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
So, in this thread we discuss the thing that was done and get everyone on the same page for what the deal is here.

Considering we can't use any of the old elements from Channy's Awakening, a complete revamp of the story from everything from how they escaped to the format of the facility itself needs to be reworked.

So, the brainstorming will be happening up in here:

[EDIT: I HAVE SOME STUFF TO ADD TO THIS BUT I AM BUSY ATM, SO WATCH THIS SPACE]

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Did we actually figure out how they escaped? Besides, y'know, past the entire building collapsing? :monster:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
How about brainstorming like the thread suggests instead of just asking? Destrillians as a whole is meant to be a collaborative thing. :monster:

Plus, we've just restarted Awakening. Might as well let the story flow a bit and let it develop so we can get a good idea of how they can possibly escape.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I asked because I distinctly remember people outlining in their S2 bios what exactly happened after they escaped. Some people even detailed what happened during the escape, or at least towards the end of the escape.

I know it's a complete overhaul, but it could at least coincide with what people have written for their current characters.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Kaden didn't feature in Awakening, but his escape was pretty much The Day The Wolves Came Out Of The Walls.

And when the wolves come out of the walls, it's all over (red rover). :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Hmmm... Kram's asleep, Tao's trapped in some dimension, the brothers are off hunting, Ralph and Joe are off scheming. Unable to interact.

Have fun, folks! Can't wait to see the results!

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Emma still can't break out of her pod on her own. :sadpanda:

This is why she is a failure.

Kaden didn't feature in Awakening, but his escape was pretty much The Day The Wolves Came Out Of The Walls.

And when the wolves come out of the walls, it's all over (red rover). :monster:

I am having the most hilarious images pop into my head.

Like, wolves done in old school Disney animation like the Effalumps and Woozles bit from the original Winnie the Pooh movie.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I am having the most hilarious images pop into my head.

Like, wolves done in old school Disney animation like the Effalumps and Woozles bit from the original Winnie the Pooh movie.
It's actually a reference to a Neil Gaiman kids story, The Wolves in the Walls. :monster: Although in my previous post, I got the title mangled up with another of his kids' stories, The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish.

So, the art style is
Wolveswall_wolves.jpg

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
does coraline count as a kid's book
Also, The Graveyard Book. :awesome:
Tbh I would class stardust and neverwhere as kids books also.
Well, you could call Stardust a young adult's book, as it has swearing ("Fuck.") and sex scenes. Neverwhere, more of a stretch, but the original idea the BBC had for it was a children's drama (Neil went with "what if we make homelessness look too cool" (he would)).

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Also, The Graveyard Book. :awesome:Well, you could call Stardust a young adult's book, as it has swearing ("Fuck.") and sex scenes. Neverwhere, more of a stretch, but the original idea the BBC had for it was a children's drama (Neil went with "what if we make homelessness look too cool" (he would)).
If the northern lights books can be classed as a kids series then stardust falls under this also XD

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Thats the Northern Lights mind. Not The Golden Compass.

>_>

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
Sienna, Jenovas-Fifth, Idris
And, adhering to common Destrillian thread etiquette, absolutely nothing relevant is talked about. (Ilu guys really. <3)

SO. What does everyone know about William?

Quick Fact Sheet:

-He's our new Destrillian #005 (Darkness)

-His powers overlap a little with Kram's, but more than physical darkness ie dark matter or whatnot, Will controls a more figurative, 'evil' type. Like he can make you suicidal. :awesome:

-He's a pretty psychopathic guy: completely charming on the outside but just EMPTY under the surface.

-He has a history of being able to enter a state of Derinium and come out pretty much unharmed, which is definitely something to boast about.

-The kickstart of the escape is that Viola is in the process of conducting an experiment to see if they can inject the Lyverius chemical compound into Will to permanently switch off headaches/elevate his powers to that of a Lyverius/see what will happen/etc. That does not go well.

-Will essentially goes on a killing spree-- he's also trying to destroy the building itself, bit by bit. The power will go out (hence "going dark") and it is for that reason that the Dessies will be able to get out.

-The Plot in a Nutshell: escape Viola and take down Will

Oh, and he
9n08n.png

Hands up if you see a resemblance to a frog with those eyes. O:3 I know I do.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Kram's darkness is a baby's compared to Will's ultimate darkness. This is a frightening omen.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Genuine query, has there been a format or layout or length for the project that seems especiqlally good to anyone? Helpfully suggestive, I have a few ideas if anyone is interested.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
MOAR:

In addition to waking up and finding that the facility that they know and love now looks like a Resident Evil laboratory gone the way of Bioshock. The Dessies have no idea as to what the cause of the bloody carnage and utter destruction actually is. So in addition to teaming up to escape, their primary motivation might be finding out what the fuck has actually happened. Some of our Dessies might not even be all that thrilled about leaving their home afterall.

The only thing I really want to happen is that when our guys finally make it up to the surface world, their final confrontations happen at sunrise. Because rule of cool. And it makes sense given that the whole events of the prologue will take place over one night.

As for length? I was operating under the assumption that there's enough plot to be roughly equal to the length of one act from Aftermath

Top Bottom