• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Destrillians: R2 - Discussion

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Actually I like what aki just said. That solves a ton of problems. ALSO, maybe they decided at the start that they wanted 30 kids. Then, they got 30 doctors. Who's to say that some of the doctors weren't removed themselves? (Hint: at least one WAS) This would explain higher numbers in the second column. Also, I'd say that it's less likely that they assigned specific elements to specific people (because of the random factor with the powers), and rather that each doctor was assigned a number.

As far as the secomd column goes - either way, just try to keep it reasonable and with the knowledge that it's a community pool in mind. Otherwise, go nuts. :)

Ps: Joe, are we still sticking to the 'lorelei manifested before deyn' plan?

Pps: I like the idea of fiona having the most attempts; it adds a bit of possible depth to Fringe, and motivation for his behavior.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
My only concern with this recent battery of posts is that I never once thought that Viola had a hand in deciding what powers a Destrillian ended up with. The second set of numbers wasn't used to denote how many tries it took to make a fire destrillian, it was used to show how many attempts it took to create the fourth destrillian.

But yeah, power awakening always made much more sense as a random element that led to doctors having to think fast and come up with solutions of how to get it under control with very little prior warning, leading to more early deaths. It makes more sense to me because whilst I haven't really given much thought about how the dessiefying happens, the idea that the science is so crazy advanced that they can fine-tune it down to what exact powers they want just feels unnatural and raises more problems than it solves.

EDIT MOAR:
I agree with 100% of what Keen has said, right down to the fact that they did the dessifications a few at a time instead of the entire ~300 at once. Too much to handle, methinks. Also, it's ridiculous to have characters who have 40 or 50 tries beforehand. (This coming from a girl who sort of wanted SOMEONE, anyone, to be that ONE PERSON who had like 100 tries beforehand. Like Thetis or something lol.)

Also this. Remember guys, the 300 kids were abducted over the course of 2-3 years! There was never a time when all 300 kids were interned in the dessie camp at any one time. It was probably no more than 25-30 at a time over a good, long period of time.

EDIT TWICE:
I think a detailed explanation of the Dessification process would be helpful here. Alex?
Some faux-Lyverius stuff is done in their brains to cause the mutation that causes their powers to develop. The doctors are on hand to deal with whatever unknown medical and potentially fatal effects this has on their body (their memories are also wiped during this time). Then, as far as I had understood it, they wait for the Destrillian to 'Awaken' and manifest their powers, after this they are transferred to their respective facility. The next several years they would be kept in artificial comas whilst all manner of supersoldier augmentation is done to their bodies. Once the doctors are satisfied with that noise, the Destrillian is brought out of the coma and begins the military training provided by their facility and we know the rest from there.

Last edited:

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
Sienna, Jenovas-Fifth, Idris
So we're saying that in a number xxx-yyy-zzz, the y-variable is the number that the Destrillian is out of ALL THOSE KIDS, yes? So for example, Kram's really high number: 43. There were not FORTY TWO failed attempts at a Darkness Destrillian before Krammy came along-- there were forty two Destrillian attempts in GENERAL, out of the roughly three hundred, which all failed before Kram, dubbed #43, who actually worked.

Like that?

In which case we need to be more careful with/redo the existing middle digits because we need to plot them in vague order of what order our Dessies awakened in/how old they are(though this doesn't actually matter TOOOO much)/etc.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
So we're saying that in a number xxx-yyy-zzz, the y-variable is the number that the Destrillian is out of ALL THOSE KIDS, yes? So for example, Kram's really high number: 43. There were not FORTY TWO failed attempts at a Darkness Destrillian before Krammy came along-- there were forty two Destrillian attempts in GENERAL, out of the roughly three hundred, which all failed before Kram, dubbed #43, who actually worked.

Like that?

In which case we need to be more careful with/redo the existing middle digits because we need to plot them in vague order of what order our Dessies awakened in/how old they are(though this doesn't actually matter TOOOO much)/etc.

It doesn't really matter tooooo much, I guess. But for what its worth, I like the:
The second set of numbers wasn't used to denote how many tries it took to make a fire destrillian, it was used to show how many attempts it took to create the fourth destrillian.
system just because it leaves us with smaller y numbers :P

It isn't all that important, but imo it looks nicer.

EDIT: Like, for Destrillian #1 say it took 5 kids before they got a successful subject? Okay cool so 005-001. Then they move on to 002 and start the middle numbers from zero again until they have another successful subject, then rinse and repeat.

i guess if that explains what i was thinking better idk

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Idk what we're doing with the middle numbers - either option works, imo - but 27 is going to be an early find, and 28 somewhere in the middle.

ALSO HOLY FUCK ALVIN LEE HAS DRAWN TELRAN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Lokka's will be somewhere quite near the enddd. Late awakener and all that.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
My only concern with this recent battery of posts is that I never once thought that Viola had a hand in deciding what powers a Destrillian ended up with. The second set of numbers wasn't used to denote how many tries it took to make a fire destrillian, it was used to show how many attempts it took to create the fourth destrillian.

But yeah, power awakening always made much more sense as a random element that led to doctors having to think fast and come up with solutions of how to get it under control with very little prior warning, leading to more early deaths. It makes more sense to me because whilst I haven't really given much thought about how the dessiefying happens, the idea that the science is so crazy advanced that they can fine-tune it down to what exact powers they want just feels unnatural and raises more problems than it solves.

This is why, if we do do things this way, it would probably make sense to change Emma's prototype number. Unless there were other Lyverius children put through the Dessification process, which I don't know how much sense that would make. But maybe it could?

My point being that she would be a relatively new development in comparison to the other children, would she not? So instead of being, say, 001-001-008, she should be something higher like 001-001-020 or even 001-001-030 so on and so forth.

Maybe it doesn't really matter. I'm perfectly malleable on the subject, I'm just trying to avoid a plot hole in case anyone thinks there could be one.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I don't see why there would be one. She wouldn't necessarily be doctor's first attempt; after all, she was taken at a relatively older age than most of the others were. My eye for plot holes isn't seeing one with Emma's prototype number.

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Emma is the only Lyverius ever in the Destrillian program, and she was more a case of bad timing being one the Sponsors discovered during the point when Destrillians were the project in the spotlight and she just happened to be perceived at the time of having useless powers. Any other time she probably would have been harvested for black distrum.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Is the Pirate Pad working for everyone? It isn't saving anything that I type in there nor can I change my name color. :/

Emma is the only Lyverius ever in the Destrillian program, and she was more a case of bad timing being one the Sponsors discovered during the point when Destrillians were the project in the spotlight and she just happened to be perceived at the time of having useless powers. Any other time she probably would have been harvested for black distrum.

This is more along the lines of what I was thinking. However, I guess, if she just happened to be put through the whole thing under the guise of being a normal kid giving her a normal sequential number like everyone else could make sense if the Sponsors wanted to hide her for any reason.

I bet that's what you meant, isn't it, Mega? :P oops herp derp

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Kaden's stats have been delayed. As in, I spent a while working on them and then had a power cut before I could save it. .___.

NoenGaruth

AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Kaden's stats have been delayed. As in, I spent a while working on them and then had a power cut before I could save it. .___.

Might wanna hold up there for a moment. The stats don't really apply to Kaden because he's not a Destrillian, which begs an open question about what to do here. (I know with regard to lyverius there are no stats we just gauge them on a tier of 1-3 with 1 at the top with being either passive or offensive class based on their power)

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I guess it depends if we take it for granted that Kaden is of a similar power level and super-soldiery build to the Destrillians. There's nothing really to stop him from being, really. Just depends how well Damascus put him together!

NoenGaruth

AKA
Good point. Might be a case then of changing power potential with something more animus specific?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Ferocity: 9,001
Claws: 9,001
Fur: 9,001
Sense of smell: 9,001
Wet dog smell: 9,001

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I suddenly feel the need to commission art of one of the Dessies scratching Kaden behind the ears with him kicking one of his legs. It's only a matter of who would be more lulzy...

Might wanna hold up there for a moment. The stats don't really apply to Kaden because he's not a Destrillian, which begs an open question about what to do here. (I know with regard to lyverius there are no stats we just gauge them on a tier of 1-3 with 1 at the top with being either passive or offensive class based on their power)

Hey now don't go ruining my fun... :(

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
We could always just use a larger allotment of points, like 60 or 70 points. It is supposed to be a comparative scale, after all :monster:

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
Sienna, Jenovas-Fifth, Idris
Did I sniff out the word 'commission' on the wind? :monster:

Also, friendly reminder to everyone not to take this stat stuff too seriously; it started just as a bit of fun, and that's how it ought to stay!

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
il have SOMETHING up this weekend

either a finn/thetis a kerr/ariel or an origins

idek yet lol

Top Bottom