• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Destrillians: R2 - Discussion

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
THE SOVEREIGN WISHES TO CHANGE HIS BOOKING

AND CHANGE HE WILL

FOR MERE DESTRILLIANS AND LYVERIUSES CANNOT HARM REAPERS

THEY CAN ONLY BOW

AND PARTY

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
So, have we decided on a time? Cos, all I'm seeing is drunk mumble. :monster:

Also, if we have to start changing things to prevent any accusation of breach of copyright, what're we doing about Fiona? Cos, there's this DC Comics character called Grace Choi. Foul mouthed, anything that moves, looks like
289037-33733-grace-choi_super.jpg

Any comment, Adri? :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
We're having a mass chat tonight (Saturday evening/night, March 31).

I guess we'll discuss these issues then?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
There needs to be a British translation for that time.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Well, there is a huge difference between inspired by (Lokka, for example), and blatant ripoff (Kamen Rider...).

Not to mention that, as far as I can recall, that her name is Fiona, not Grace. :monster:

It's mostly just a problem when you pull just a bitt TOO much from a particular character or mythos.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Finally finished a bio for my Fallimento character

I put it in the Resource Thread :3

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
So, have we decided on a time? Cos, all I'm seeing is drunk mumble. :monster:

Also, if we have to start changing things to prevent any accusation of breach of copyright, what're we doing about Fiona? Cos, there's this DC Comics character called Grace Choi. Foul mouthed, anything that moves, looks like
289037-33733-grace-choi_super.jpg

Smartass. :P

From the start (more or less), I was aware that Fiona would cross a shitload of stereotypes found in various characters across all media platforms. Unfortunately, some characters are closer than others in similarities overall. Over the years of having Fiona, I've taken small steps toward making her into something more than just a ball of rage. For the most part, I think I've succeeded. Now, it's just a matter of going through the plot to give her the character development I have planned.

Another unfortunate circumstance is that I found what is essentially a Fiona clone in Mass Effect (a universe I actually am very attentive to), ie Jack. Though, I did make Fiona before the character ever saw the light of day sooooo, I'm good there. :monster: But honestly, Fiona gives certain other characters good balance, imho; even if it is sometimes at the cost of constantly throwing out that one smartass comment or one-liner out there. There's also Alex from Gears, but eh, she has enough differences (subtle as they may be).

In short, Fiona is necessary regardless and for the most part I don't give a shit if there are others like or identical to her nature. :monster:

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
I'll be around for the meeting in about 7 and a half hours, we'll start when people are assembled.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I will be home in about seven and a half hours from now (half past)...wait for me please ;.;

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Seven and a half hours would be about 8:45. Minus the half hour or so for when the forum says Dale first made that post, I'll be on sometime after 8pm Central Standard Time.

Good time for me. I have my laptop so I can hop on whenever, but I've got a few things to do today so this gives me plenty of time. :)

Also, just to throw it out there, am I the only one who likes the idea of a name change to Viola being music themed? :P

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Smartass. :P
Idd. But seriously, I was looking through my graphic novels for a particular bit, read some of Grace's dialogue and almost did a spit take. :awesome:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the chat tonight, as it's too late for my sleep cycle. :sadpanda: However, there wasn't anything in particular I wanted to bring up.

Look forward to reading the outcome. :)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Leave yourself logged on to MSN, though. We'll add you to the chat and you can read the discussion when you wake up. :monster:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I posted that at ten forty five, I thought...maybe my clock is acting up :S anyway, I'll be on at about six fifteen to six thirty Central Standard.

Should be interesting.

Alex, I am hereby accepting your offer.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well it was around 11am when I saw your post, but Dale posted first, so I figured I'd try to aim for the earlier time. :P

So maybe the forum is just dating things weird for me.

I'll check in at 6:30, then. :monster:

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Well meeting is over, I'll post the minutes when I get back from running some errands.

Edit - Here it is, if anyone wants to elaborate feel free

Review of names

Audoula: Proposed replacement is Eporise and is agreed on.

Viola: Naming is being left to Alex to decide.

Website name depends on what we rename Destrillians to.

All other name review to be an ongoing discussion.

Kimble put forward having a parent site with sub-sties like ‘parentsitename.com/Destrillians’

The website/forums will be for Destrillains and also anything else to gain interest of people unfamiliar with the RP

Quote “But the idea is that while the site won't be viewable by the public, we can still be working on it to prepare it, While the forums allow us to grow our readership”

It was brought up about the length of instalments that be uploaded to the website, consensus is each act be broken up into chapters. Chapters be not too long and not too short (Number to be decided)

Of note from Alex “[FONT=&quot]as long as the updates are the right size for a biweekly (probably) update, then i think we'll be sound[/FONT][FONT=&quot]”[/FONT]

We’re going with having text and an accompanying image for each instalment (Instalment not post)

On promotion, quote Sienna “[FONT=&quot]Advertising will consist of a strong social networking platform. This will consist of blogs (tumblr,) Twitter accounts, and a FB account.”[/FONT]

The story will be on a separate page to the forums

Everything concerning James (7) and Asher (13) are approved

Finn is now numberless

We agree on Will and his role in awakening.

Alex made a PSA about everyone making sure they read everything in the RP.

Another good quote from alex “[FONT=&quot]we pay careful attention to whatever fans might be saying in the forums, and take that onboard heavily when doing the editing process. that way we can actually incorporate fan feedback into our already written and established story[/FONT][FONT=&quot]”[/FONT]

Sienna proposes we open the world of our RP to the public, allowing them to make their own RP’s in our world, and we can interact with them from time to time. We all like this idea.

Destrillians are now locked, meaning no changes or additions to the 0-31 we have.

[FONT=&quot]http://piratepad.net/timeywimeyline[/FONT]
Everyone please boomark this link

Address concerns about behind the scenes planning. We will post anything relevant for discussion well before it shows up in the RP. Nothing is 100% unless people are happy with it.

Basic brief for some of the things come in S2 and 3
[FONT=&quot]in terms of the Overall story, Aether and the Sponsors goal is to restore the old Lyverius empire, they did that from cloning Ancient Lyverius using genetic data from Freya (Aether adopted mother, last Ancient Lyverius to die out). And those Reborn Ancients will be the antagonists beyond aftermath, but they are not the only ones of course.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“ post-aftermath Audoula/Eporise allies itself with The Order as protection from Damascus, The Order are a zealot nation that are responsible for ravaging the central continents. They worship the old world gods and destroy all that doesn’t”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]some relevant plot stuff that not everyone might be aware of:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the ancient lyverius empire that dale was talking about was almost completely wiped out by the shattering, which occurred in the final battle of a lyverius civil war. this accounts for why they are so few in number today.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the lyverius empire made its way into human legend over 7000 years as a city of gods and goddesses, which is what most world religion is based upon.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]but up until the shattering occured it was the lyverius, not the humans who were the dominant life form on shale[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]note that, the ancients are all dead, what you see now are hybrids as the result of interbreeding with humans”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Discussion of current posts[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I mentioned Lyverius and people please get my okay before making any as I’m the one who knows all the genetic info and need to make sure you’re character fits this.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Motivational talk about getting into gear.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sienna brought up the suggestion of when people start up piratepad posts which require other people to post it in the discussion thread along with who is needed to help avoid the miscommunication that’s been slowing down posts.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Website is out of the question until we clean up our act as a collective. Forum will still go ahead.[/FONT]

Fiotis derail of discussion and end :awesome:

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Leave yourself logged on to MSN, though. We'll add you to the chat and you can read the discussion when you wake up. :monster:
._.
And unfortunately...Can't do this, cos the house net is turned off whenever my mother's boyfriend drags himself to bed (usually 11, 11.30), so I'd lose the connection. =/
Although, TBH, it occurs to me this morning; as it's possible to send an offline IM to someone, surely it's possible to copy someone who's offline into a group convo? :huh: Just something to think on for the future.

Anyway, thanks for posting the minutes, Dale. :) I don't think there's anything I could've added to the convo anyway. Curious about the origins of the name Eporise, though.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
It's actually not possible to add someone who is offline to a group conversation ;.;

Top Bottom