• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Destrillians: Awakening - Discussion Thread

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
-He has a history of being able to enter a state of Derinium and come out pretty much unharmed, which is definitely something to boast about.

Don't quite understand how this is possible (Derinium pushes the brain to its extreme limit, even Lyverius with their natural production of a relief chemical receive some drawbacks after using their version). Can you clarify here please?

-The kickstart of the escape is that Viola is in the process of conducting an experiment to see if they can inject the Lyverius chemical compound into Will to permanently switch off headaches/elevate his powers to that of a Lyverius/see what will happen/etc. That does not go well.

At Viola no one even knows what a Lyverius is other than Spencer. 'Black Distrum' is something provided to the scientists without an explanation where it came from, and they are more than keen to do what they probably shouldn't since that's what the whole project has been.

General Awakening: Also all along the way Vargas is there trying to deal with the escaped Destrillians by throwing all asortments of mechanised terrors at them.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Don't quite understand how this is possible (Derinium pushes the brain to its extreme limit, even Lyverius with their natural production of a relief chemical receive some drawbacks after using their version). Can you clarify here please?

Its less that he can emerge from it unharmed and more that he, more than any other Destrillian garrisoned at Facility 1 has shown the most aptitude for reaching a state of Derinium and sustaining it for 'unnatural' periods of time. Whilst most Destrillians only enter it during extreme emotional states he has also shown to be able to have some measure of control over when to push himself to that point, pretty much making his relationship with derinium a unique anomaly in the project. Thats not to say that it doesn't fuck him up somewhat afterwards. But he has his shit better locked down than the others.

Because of the way he's shown to be able to harness, control and remain his composure whilst handling a crazy amount of power, he was selected to be the candidate for the Black Distrum experiment, unlike the more traditionally 'strong' Destrillians like Terra and Fiona. It was these qualities that made him most likely to a) survive it and b) use it to its fullest potential.

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Ah now that makes sense to me, cheers mate.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
i named him james mason

and his thing was offensive time manipulation ala decay on destrium and whatnot

but thats cool take him i guess :|

Last edited:

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
Sienna, Jenovas-Fifth, Idris
So you beauties, who is going to write the first Destrillian post in Awakening? It can be anybody, really, although I'd be interested in seeing James or Asher go first.

Also, a word about the pods! James is going to disintegrate/decay/etc the locking mechanisms on all the outer doors, so the Dessies can get out of their rooms. The PODS, however, are still an individual battle.

And something else I came up with to make this a little more interesting: Alex and I were talking about the pods and why the Dessies didn't like, DROWN in all that gel stuff and he pointed me to an article (tried and true!) about liquid breathing. tldr, things are capable of breathing liquid if it's oxygen-rich. Seems sound.

So what if the power outage stopped the constant recycling of oxygen in the gel? The backup generator doesn't have enough power for EVERYTHING, and so the percentage of oxygen in the gel keeps going down, slowly but steadily. There are some pods - just to mix things up - which don't get any power at ALL from the backup generator and just stop recycling the gel, meaning that the Dessie inside is going to wake up choking.

Also, we've decided that Shilo is going to wake up/get out of her pod because Will uses it as a BATTERING RAM for some reason or other, and smashes the pod and the poor girl inside. She'll be fine because gel = cushion but she'll get knocked out for a while. Just so we know that somewhere in the hallway there will be a pod and a Shilo. *thumbsup*

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So we are for sure completely re-writing how they all escape?

Just remember that Emma really has no way of getting out of her pod. Her powers don't really lend themselves to that. And I think it would be way too deus ex machina for there to be a random plant in the pod room.

What do you guys think? I always liked Idris coming to save her like what we originally did. :3

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Destrillians aren't only super-human because they each have a unique elemental (or other) ability. They do also possess super-strength, for example. That and I don't think that each Destrillian is getting out of their pod using their unique power. Just saying, so you remember you have options!

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well I was working under the assumption that the pods were designed to withstand said strength. :monster:

I sometimes wonder whether or not I might be making Emma too over-powered, so the idea that she needs help in a situation like this balances that out a bit.

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
I definitely still think that Idris and Emma ought to escape how they did, just because it was so sweet - and Idris' was so friggin' cool. Blood-iron, man. Never gets old.

(Incidentally, the reason why Shilo is the one to get picked up and smashed is because if it were anybody else she would never get out of HER pod either because she is le weak.)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Not to mention that Idris saving Emma sets them up for Eve drama. :sadpanda:

EDIT: Oh, speaking of Eve...

Eve originally belonged to someone else, didn't she?

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Honestly I think a lot of the plot elements we used for our individual characters can stay, :monster:

And something else I came up with to make this a little more interesting: Alex and I were talking about the pods and why the Dessies didn't like, DROWN in all that gel stuff and he pointed me to an article (tried and true!) about liquid breathing. tldr, things are capable of breathing liquid if it's oxygen-rich. Seems sound.

So what if the power outage stopped the constant recycling of oxygen in the gel? The backup generator doesn't have enough power for EVERYTHING, and so the percentage of oxygen in the gel keeps going down, slowly but steadily. There are some pods - just to mix things up - which don't get any power at ALL from the backup generator and just stop recycling the gel, meaning that the Dessie inside is going to wake up choking.

If you want to get up in all dat science, I imagine oxygen consumption in a hibernation state would actually be fairly low. Not that to reoxygenate a gel would be easy (it's obviously not like putting an air pump into a fish tank lolo, diffusing oxygen into what is technically semi-solid would be insanely difficult), but the actual oxygen demand for a state of unconsciousness is fairly middling in comparison to a state of wakefulness.

That said, I imagine the Destrillians would actually need a stimulus by their pods in order to actually wake up. It might not necessarily be anything major, maybe just an automated precaution in case the scientists aren't able to actually fix the problem themselves. Gradually running out of oxygen probably doesn't elicit a shock response like, say, having a pillow clamped over a face. :monster:

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
If you want to get up in all dat science, I imagine oxygen consumption in a hibernation state would actually be fairly low. Not that to reoxygenate a gel would be easy (it's obviously not like putting an air pump into a fish tank lolo, diffusing oxygen into what is technically semi-solid would be insanely difficult), but the actual oxygen demand for a state of unconsciousness is fairly middling in comparison to a state of wakefulness.

That said, I imagine the Destrillians would actually need a stimulus by their pods in order to actually wake up. It might not necessarily be anything major, maybe just an automated precaution in case the scientists aren't able to actually fix the problem themselves.
I personally imagined they had little oxygen masks for when they were in the pods hmmm idk

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah I think it's just easier to have breathing masks on lol

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Well, they're already using the stuff (or a derivative thereof) for Finn's "special bed".

Seems like it would make sense for then to use the original stuff to me. Kinda like the entry plugs in Evangelion, or the (various) pods from Mass Effect.

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
I never thought of oxygen masks even once. XD And Keen, you're right as far as the connection between the pods and Finn's... thing.

JEFF WHOEVER SAID SCIENCE WAS EASY

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
LOL that is ridiculously gross

like Emma regurgitating all her intestinal bacteria and being all FLY, MY PRETTIES, FLY

squick.jpg

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
So you beauties, who is going to write the first Destrillian post in Awakening? It can be anybody, really, although I'd be interested in seeing James or Asher go first.

Also, a word about the pods! James is going to disintegrate/decay/etc the locking mechanisms on all the outer doors, so the Dessies can get out of their rooms. The PODS, however, are still an individual battle.

Also, we've decided that Shilo is going to wake up/get out of her pod because Will uses it as a BATTERING RAM for some reason or other, and smashes the pod and the poor girl inside. She'll be fine because gel = cushion but she'll get knocked out for a while. Just so we know that somewhere in the hallway there will be a pod and a Shilo. *thumbsup*

Uh, this is how I always envisioned the pods. Thought most folks did, too. Shrug.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Guys its just tang or some shit. The dessies get energized like kool aid whenever they dip themselves in teh podz.

Top Bottom