• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Character Battle Final: Cloud vs Tifa

Which of these characters do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Cloud has staged something of a last-minute comeback here. It's the last day to vote and he currently trails by 26 votes to 27, having been five or six votes down just a couple of days ago.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Second time Cloud had a huge jump in votes all of a sudden rofl

Sikozu

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sylphide
Wasn't the only fake vote so far one for Vivi in the other thread? I thought I read a post saying that.

I'm not surprised Cloud could make a comeback and win(it's still tied, though). He's an extremely popular character. Whether he "deserves" it or not isn't relevant.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
How boring it would be for this site if Cloud wins.

Sikozu

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sylphide
For me it'll mean a huge, snazzy party. With confetti and everything. Over 100 guests.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
At the same time I think it would be wrong to vote Tifa just because Cloud often wins polls like these. If Tifa wins, it should be because people honestly like her more than Cloud.

Race has now been made closer for extra hilarity.

And people shouldn't vote for Cloud just to make the race closer.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
And people shouldn't vote for Cloud just to make the race closer.

It's my vote, I'll use it how I like, thank you.

So Cloud scores a come from behind victory, and I'm sure he'll take it as his prize, as well.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA

And that's fine. I wasn't really saying otherwise. I was just pointing out that people are gonna vote however they want and for whatever reason they want. But that doesn't mean it's fair. :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Yep, Cloud takes it at the death. I wonder if the people who voted for him just because he was losing are happy now that he's won?

I'm pleased I didn't have to cast the deciding vote myself. It would have been for Cloud anyway, though. I don't think he's the greatest character from the whole series - as it happens, I was hoping Vivi would beat him in the semi-final - but I find him much more interesting than Tifa.

Thanks to everyone who took part in this competition. It's been fun :) I will do a write-up for the front page, but not until Saturday at the earliest, and maybe not until Monday (real life gets in the way, sorry).

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

No one even remotely implied otherwise.

What you can do and what people think you should do are two different things obviously.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
And that's fine. I wasn't really saying otherwise. I was just pointing out that people are gonna vote however they want and for whatever reason they want. But that doesn't mean it's fair. :monster:

Actually, that's completely and utterly fair. The words you're looking for is 'But that doesn't mean I like it'

No one even remotely implied otherwise.

What you can do and what people think you should do are two different things obviously.

And my point is I do not give a fuck what they think I should do with it, either.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
And my point is I do not give a fuck what they think I should do with it, either.

Then your point literally is moot and completely unnecessary. No one implied you cared or should care, it reeks of defensiveness that is totally uncalled for.

If you don't give a fuck, I don't see the point in saying you don't other than to draw attention to yourself.

These silly contests I tell you what.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think everyone should just enjoy the image of Cloud taking Tifa from behind, tbh.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I was just pointing out a flaw in the system. Damn. I wasn't even saying it maliciously.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Idr if there was ever any "real" criteria for voting.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
tumblr_lxkb2hjTyM1qjp4z6o1_500.gif

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Has there ever been a single vote in the history of democracy where people haven't voted for bullshit reasons? :monster:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
I voted for Tifa because I actually like her. A lot. And if we're talking the entire compilation, I stand by the fact her character wasn't shat on as much as Cloud's was.

Top Bottom