• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Destrillians: R2 - Discussion

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
So uh grammatical and spelling errors aside, did you end up finding any particularly large plot holes/inconsistencies we need to patch up? :monster:

I'd also like to note, now that I'm home and checked this (:P), that imo, 241 is a weaker post to START a new act on.

i would have thought that starting the following act with the mystery and intrigue of these random characters who are actually younger versions of current older characters in a flashback was an interesting storytelling structure convention to follow

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
My first post especially needs work.

As far as the end of act goes, I'm obviously in favour of the thing I suggested with the kimbleman.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I wondered why it wasn't going to end there when I started in the rp

but never said anything because noob ;.;
Pretty much this, but more never said anything as my characters are pretty much secondary to the plot at this point. And I have no idea about the post numbering, so I'll leave it to group concensus. :monster:

On a topic I've been considering for a while now, due to real world current affairs, what does everyone think about changing the name of Damascus? :huh: It is one thing that bugs me every time it comes up in the news. No idea what to rename it to, mind you, so any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
So uh grammatical and spelling errors aside, did you end up finding any particularly large plot holes/inconsistencies we need to patch up? :monster:

i would have thought that starting the following act with the mystery and intrigue of these random characters who are actually younger versions of current older characters in a flashback was an interesting storytelling structure convention to follow
End of Act: I HAVE A PLAN
Start of Act: Kerr doing stuff with the enemy

makes it too obvious what's happening when the reader is supposed to be wondering where his loyalties lie

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
how would that change if the two posts were next to each other? :monster:

ed: I've also been kind of iffy about the actual past world history of the continents. Can someone lay out the latest key milestones in the world history again? eg. When did all those world wars end? When was Shokaku wrecked to shit, how long has Osea been there for, how long did it take to rebuild the areas, when were our main companies founded and how long have they been around, etc.

We have a good future timeline established, I'm just not too sure on the past timeline. I only bring this up because Mumble had a sort of flashback OVA and I wasn't too definite on the details.

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
Sienna, Jenovas-Fifth, Idris
I think, once we decide where to put the end of the Act, we ought to STOP writing new posts for a bit and focus on cleaning up what we've already got. Keen I agree so wholeheartedly about the edit team you have no idea.
No. Idea.

Also in regards to what Jeff is saying about establishing RELIABLE accounts of world history, we can do this while editing is going on and so on. We need that history and that culture anyway, so that we can a) entrench it in the story more and b) have it in the background so we know what we can do with what.

I honestly think that wherever we stick 'END OF ACT I' is pretty arbitrary until we DO the edit, because we'll be switching post orders and rewriting bits and pieces anyway. For what it's worth, I think I'm seeing the positive side of what Keen and Alex cooked up, so it gets my vote-- but still, no matter where we put the marker, we still have a lot of refining to do.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Satsu, they wouldnt be next to each other at all. The bit about Kerr having a plan would be edited out entirely, with Fiona recalling the events after they took place - while she's scrounging up escape vehicles, for example, and some reference to trusting Kerr or something idfk. Point is, it wouldn't be happening like it now does.

Anyway, Thetispost end and Fionapost start is what I think is best from a storytelling point of view, and I feel pretty strongly about it. We can do this!

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
I had an idea in terms of the origins of Castile that unwanted to run by everyone.
As a few of you know I wanted to have his backstory to be that he was used as a child soldier, after reading a lot about locales in the world I thought shokaku was a good idea.
I know the idea is that the people are Japanese'esk in decent but my idea was that his parents were aid workers from audola and they came to shokaku while his mother was pregnant.

Castiel is then born in the country and not long afterwards his parents are murdered by insurgents.
He is taken by the leader and raised as a child soldier.

I'm just curious if anyone has any problem with this?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I have no significant problems with it. But you do need to solve the logistical problem of getting him from Shokaku back to the continent of Alvyssia because that's where all the Destrillians subjects were drawn from :)

Expand it a bit to cover that base and I think we're dandy.

Also, I'd prefer it if we came a decision on this end of act thing before the end of the weekend. I'm going to be on temporary reduced internet access come next week due to computer hardware troubles, so I'd like it if we had this in the bag before I slink off.

EDIT: As much as I'm extremely up for going through and editing Act I with a fine tooth comb. I would be wary of taking the line that we should stop new posts entirely. I think its important that we keep the story moving forward at the same time. Even if its at a slower pace (no) than normal, generating new content should always be a a priority to some degree.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I had an idea in terms of the origins of Castile that unwanted to run by everyone.
As a few of you know I wanted to have his backstory to be that he was used as a child soldier, after reading a lot about locales in the world I thought shokaku was a good idea.
I know the idea is that the people are Japanese'esk in decent but my idea was that his parents were aid workers from audola and they came to shokaku while his mother was pregnant.

Castiel is then born in the country and not long afterwards his parents are murdered by insurgents.
He is taken by the leader and raised as a child soldier.

I'm just curious if anyone has any problem with this?
castiel is some sort of mix of raiden and wolverine in a kilt

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Well we have dessies who's lineage comes from the military & royalty... I don't see the problem with having a kid who was raised as a killer. Not like it's an uncommon thing in this day and age.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Satsu, they wouldnt be next to each other at all. The bit about Kerr having a plan would be edited out entirely, with Fiona recalling the events after they took place - while she's scrounging up escape vehicles, for example, and some reference to trusting Kerr or something idfk. Point is, it wouldn't be happening like it now does.

Anyway, Thetispost end and Fionapost start is what I think is best from a storytelling point of view, and I feel pretty strongly about it. We can do this!

Since the weekend is almost up and nobody has raised any concerns with this post. Imma have words with Adri tonight about rolling out with this plan.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I'm not really fussed about all the editing, as long as any major details haven't been cut out.

Might want to make a detailed log out of what's been edited for any posts?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Kimble set up a thread aaaaaaaaages back for exactly that purpose.

We should definitely put it to use.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Still working on post and stuff. I might need a couple days, though, I'm really exhausted from life stuff going on.

If I go MIA for a couple days just know that I'm still plotting my plots in my secret lair muahaha

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Question my compatriots. Does ANYONE besides Mr. Scott himself have plans for Shokaku? I would like to patch it up and spice it up nicely to make it fluid and nice rather than lost and ambiguous.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Okay, so we're going to start working on the goodbye post this week.

http://piratepad.net/emofiona

This is what we have so far. Everyone get in there and add what you want to the plan and prepare for plot advancement.

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Dunno if anyone gathered but I have exams in like 3 days all the way up to june 29

so i will obviously be here procrastinating but not in the same capacity as i was before

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
As of today I'll have to return my borrowed laptop. So I'll be around in a reduced (but not absent!) capacity for at least the next two weeks. I think in between the goodbyes post, editing act 1 and maybe looking back into writing more for awakening, you guys will survive without my badgering and annoying you all :P

In a bizzle.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Okay, so we're going to start working on the goodbye post this week.

http://piratepad.net/emofiona

This is what we have so far. Everyone get in there and add what you want to the plan and prepare for plot advancement.

Btw, this is a thing that is still happening.

Probably at the weekend or monday or something.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
And I'm going to have the post that Dale and I had going up over this weekened. It's been hard to coordinate but I'll sqeeze it out somehow.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I anticipate your posts folks. <3

More sketches are coming up soon and I will try my hand at pencil colours. I hope to not suck ; - ;

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Fatalex-kun, if you have the time, would you mind finding the chapter that has Thetis and Kram fighting the androids/the death of Joe Faiz?

Then again, you may not have the chapters anymore bawwwwww ;.;

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
There is absolutely no way to recover the chapters, kimble-chan. They'll need to be resorted and recategorised from scratch.

Top Bottom