• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XIII-2

AvecAloes

Donator
iirc they did mention something about a movie when this FFXIII compilation was first announced, :monster:

Did they? I can't actually remember. Well, I guess Advent Children did well enough that they could justify doing this, but I hope they don't just tie the loose ends up of this compilation with a movie, as visually stunning as it would probably be. I want to play my way through Lightning's glorious return (which is of course what I'm hoping happens), not just watch it unfold on the screen before me.

EDIT:
Hito said:
but i will be avoiding this news anyway because i still need to play the lightning dlc (and snow's and sazh's)

I played the Lightning DLC, but haven't played Snow's or Sazh's, but from what I've heard about those two, I don't really feel it necessary for me to do so. I spent enough money on the DLC as it is :P Still haven't beaten the Ultros/Typhon fight, and kinda doubt I will...nor have I gotten Lightning and/or Amodar's crystals, despite having battled them time and time again (from the first Lightning DLC, I played the story one as well).

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
light's story dlc is the one i'd be most bothered about getting, followed by the other story ones, then the coliseum battles i don't have (gilgamesh and pupu)

then maybe

mog costumes :sadpanda:

i might be able to afford light's story actually, but i would still need to find a new hdmi cable because i hate having to play it in sd and the little command boxes i can't read well

Splintered

unsavory tart
Did they? I can't actually remember. Well, I guess Advent Children did well enough that they could justify doing this, but I hope they don't just tie the loose ends up of this compilation with a movie, as visually stunning as it would probably be. I want to play my way through Lightning's glorious return (which is of course what I'm hoping happens), not just watch it unfold on the screen before me.
Seconded. The gameplay in XIII is my favorite, and I really want the entire team to be playable, no more small parties and monsters. And I really don't think a movie would give a decent amount of time to all the characters.

i thought versus and kh shared the same team, separate from ffxiii. i'd think making countless kh spin-offs hurts them more than ffxiii-3 would.
Pretty much, but everyone still blames XIII for Versus, Type-0, and Kingdom Hearts even though they have different development teams and there are far more reasonable explanations (like Versus switching engines, Kingdom Heart's billions of spin offs, and the lack of market for PSP games).
I played the Lightning DLC, but haven't played Snow's or Sazh's, but from what I've heard about those two, I don't really feel it necessary for me to do so. I spent enough money on the DLC as it i
Yeah you don't necessarily need it, there's about a minute of cutscenes each and a very loose "story." Although there's a hint of something in Snow's
Basically the chaos!Yuel which is defined as an unsolved mystery in the ultis
and Sazh's dlc has Sazh.

It's not particularly worth it unless you like kind of!poker, although Chrnobind is my shit and I got it because I love Sazh. And once you get into the higher battles like Snow, he can destroy you if you aren't ready.

Lex

Administrator
I played the Lightning DLC, but haven't played Snow's or Sazh's, but from what I've heard about those two, I don't really feel it necessary for me to do so. I spent enough money on the DLC as it is :P Still haven't beaten the Ultros/Typhon fight, and kinda doubt I will...nor have I gotten Lightning and/or Amodar's crystals, despite having battled them time and time again (from the first Lightning DLC, I played the story one as well).

All of this except I still haven't played the Lightning DLC. The only DLC I have is Lightning + Amodar, and the only reason I have it is because it was the only one available when I finished the game. Never managed to get their crystals, even with all the appropriate fragment skills on and repeating the battle about 10 times :(.

Need to play that Lightning DLC though.

AvecAloes

Donator
Lex and Force- you really should. I thought it was neat and fun. Didn't give me quite as much story as I was hoping for, but then I guess Square wouldn't have been able to drag the compilation out as much :monster:

Lex

Administrator
OK so new game confirmed:

11:46: The new game is officially titled Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII.

Players will be able to select from a variety of Lighthing costumes.

246xo.jpg

246xp.jpg

The game is set in an area called Navus Partus.

He focuses in on the biggest city in the region, Lexerion.

12:01: Next, a look at some of the designs for the world residents, and some monsters.

12:01: Next, he shows a monorail. This monorail connects the islands of the world.

12:00: Next, he shows some of the world artwork, detailing some of the architecture

246xr.jpg

Splintered

unsavory tart
I read some of the concepts and it sounds kind of like majora's mask tbh. Not that I'm complaining because I liked Majora's Mask.

I'm kind of confused about trying to save the world in its last 13 days. We kind of clearly see the world ending pretty suddenly, I don't know what could have happened in those days that could change it.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I think a thread for the game should be opened :awesome:

Isn't it lovely how they avoided calling it FFXIII-3? Anyway, two quick comments.

The Facebook thing scares me. I don't want it to become too much of a social game. Everyone thinks it's the way to go, but I think it's hideous. If I want a multiplayer game, I'll buy a multiplayer game. If I buy a Final Fantasy game, I want to play it on my own, not necessarily sharing stuff with the whole world. Next thing you know, you'll be forced to use Facebook in order to achieve stuff within the game.

And while I know a lot of peple like Majora's Mask, the time concept is something I'm not fond of. Yeah, for sure, the concept is cool and all that, but it gives a feeling of rush that I don't like (I suppose it's exactly that feeling they're aiming for. After all, they say the "rush feeling" is the reason why the original FFXIII was only about moving forward, and this feeling was lost on FFXIII-2, so I guess they're trying to replicate the feeling of rush while giving the player the chance to explore).

I mean, I like taking it easy, and calmly exploring places, and if they're so well designed as they say they are, I like to take a good look at it, etc. I don't want to be thinking of the time... all the time.

It's basically a point of "While I'm playing the game, I'm 'wasting' my real time, and at the same time I have to worry about wasting the in-game time! Yo dawg, I herd you liek wasting time so I put time in yo game so you can waste time while you waste time" Right?

I know I'm just being sceptical. Don't get me wrong, I get the feeling I'll enjoy this, they seem to have put a lot of thought on the game and everything, but I'm worried the time thing will be too unmanageable, OR repetitive (ie being able to go back in time, but days happening in the same exact way).

One cool way to implement time, however (I don't know if they're doing it like that, but I get the concept from Apocalypse Clock) is, instead of saying "World will end on the 13th day", they were to say "World will end in 13 days", therefore allowing you to do stuff to "delay" that end. Sounds reasonable? Plausible even?

I don't know, I just didn't like the way Majora's Mask implemented time, although I confess I haven't played it too much. Again, I guess we'll see. And sorry for the wall of text! :)

Fangu

Great Old One
You have to go for it, man!! I awoke at 6 this morning and read the posts, no new thread. Then I awoke at 11 and STILL nobody had made a thread, then I figured "it was meant to beeeee" and thought fuck it, I'm gonna do it now :lol:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
hello old thread

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/detail/SE-W0009
http://store.jp.square-enix.com/detail/JES1-00314

FFXIII-2 Digital Contents Selection.

it's a set including a disc with the DLC, and the 'ultimate hits' version of the game. also includes the 'lost report' features that were on the official site (but not the english site?), where the first game's story is retold from the point of view of Rosch and Rygdea.

it includes everything released for download (coliseum battles, costumes, weapons, and extra episodes), except the collaborations items (Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, and Yuko Oshima's costume) and the bonus items from magazines or soundtrack/theme song singles.

i want just the disk with the dlc waaaaah. but i already bought all the ones i wanted, and just wanted a disk with all the dlc on because my hard drive is tiny and i need free space.

waaaah

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I never bought FFXIII-2 because "current Square-Enix, bleh" and the amount of DLC released for this. If there's a cheap version with all the DLC though, who knows. Might get it someday.

Maybe. :awesomonster:

Splintered

unsavory tart
hello old thread

it's a set including a disc with the DLC, and the 'ultimate hits' version of the game. also includes the 'lost report' features that were on the official site (but not the english site?), where the first game's story is retold from the point of view of Rosch and Rygdea.

it includes everything released for download (coliseum battles, costumes, weapons, and extra episodes), except the collaborations items (Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, and Yuko Oshima's costume) and the bonus items from magazines or soundtrack/theme song singles.

i want just the disk with the dlc waaaaah. but i already bought all the ones i wanted, and just wanted a disk with all the dlc on because my hard drive is tiny and i need free space.

waaaah
Oshima's costume is her best one, but it's free anyway.

The Lost Report was never translated, which always slightly annoys me when I'll never understand content from a game >___>. I really liked Rygdea, and seeing as he survived XIII I really wanted to see him in XIII-2... but for some reason they never bothered. Shame. Weird because he was a major player in Academia iirc.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
hello old thread

waaaah

Why don't they ever translate this stuff for the rest of the world, dammit!?!?!?!?!?!?

Lex

Administrator
It's just the DLC we all have already in one pack though. The extra stuff isn't things you'll miss. I got special weapons for ordering from amazon and never used them.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I got the Genji Bow from preorder and yeah they are pointless. The extra weapons are only useful if you're flipping Serah or Noel's stats (Serah as a physical attacker or Noel as a magic user).

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
It's just the DLC we all have already in one pack though. The extra stuff isn't things you'll miss. I got special weapons for ordering from amazon and never used them.

I used them, but then other weapons became available that made them obsolete.

Ffxiii1ll

The Pink Dude
AKA
Ffxiii1ll
Well it would kill the game if you could get ultimate weapons right at the start when you buy a DLC. But that kinda make them useless, and paying more for a game I already own is seriously pissing me off lol ( I don't mind being called cheap btw :) )

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Anyone who has the Ultimania: does it explain why we don't get much fal'Cie action?

Well it would kill the game if you could get ultimate weapons right at the start when you buy a DLC. But that kinda make them useless, and paying more for a game I already own is seriously pissing me off lol ( I don't mind being called cheap btw :) )

True, but honestly, by the time I got to use the weapons, seriously a few days later, they were obsolete. I'm like, well that was fun. :|

Top Bottom