• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

25th Anniversary Event Streaming Live

Lex

Administrator
The 25th Anniversary event will be streamed live on NicoNico. You have to sign up for an account to be able to view it. The following will be streamed as they happen:

1st September

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga New Developments Presentation

Final Fantasy XI Music Stage

Final Fantasy XIV Talk Show

2nd September

Final Fantasy VII 15th Anniversary Stage

The Future of FF Round Table Discussion

Final Fantasy Music Special/ Talk Stage

The first stream (Lightning Saga) begins at the following times:

North America (PDT): 20:30 on August 31st
North America (CDT): 21:30 on August 31st
North America (EDT): 22:30 on August 31st
UK/Ireland (BST): 03:30 on September 1st
Norway (CEST): 04:30 on September 1st
Finland (EEST): 05:30 on September 1st
Philippines (PHT): 10:30 on September 1st

And I'm too lazy to do the rest but that should cover most ppl ^_^. Might actually be wrong, but hey ho.

Fangu

Great Old One
Thanks!! I'm tempted to stay up/ get up for this. I'm talking about the XIII news mostly :desu: But also the anniversary stage sounds interesting.

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer
3:30 is a bit of a stretch for me, but I'm dying to know what the title is, so lots of coffee for me tonight. :monster:

Fangu

Great Old One
Oh! So the event is in the East? I thought it was an American thing (thinking about it now that was a rather silly assumption of me) so I thought it would be tomorrow.

Cool! Not sure if I stay up or check in tomorrow morning, but anyway - wheeeeeee!)

Lex

Administrator
I'm not sure either! I was up until 3am last night but I don't think I want to do that again, might go to bed at like 10pm and get up at 4. It would be interesting to finally watch one of these things instead of just reading about it the following day. And I did make a NicoNico account.

I'll decide as the day wears on ^_^.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I don't know where else to put this but I'm amazed they finally did this. FFIIII UMD kinda breaks the flow though.

yW7md.jpg

http://andriasang.com/con2j5/ff_ultimate_box_game_list/

Lex

Administrator
OMG I WANT IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

Although I'm wondering why FFX's disc art looks like it has Squall on it. Amano does not enjoy blonde hair here.

AvecAloes

Donator
No X-2 or XIII-2? Is Square ashamed of something? :monster:

(for the record, I enjoyed XIII-2. I haven't played enough of X-2 to really form an opinion, other than to say that I did enjoy the battle system)

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
OMG I WANT IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

Although I'm wondering why FFX's disc art looks like it has Squall on it. Amano does not enjoy blonde hair here.

I was wondering the same thing. o.o The guy doesn't look much like Tidus, but it's hard to say, should really need a closer look at the disc before I can tell.

It's so cool though. Where will I get the money?! >.< Though actually, my tax refund is almost exactly the amount of money needed. :awesome:

AvecAloes

Donator
I saw it, got excited, saw the price, lost a little excitement, then thought "well, I mean, I guess that's not terrible for what it is," and finally saw that there's currently nothing saying it'll release outside of Japan. Guess I'll be holding on to my monies :P

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
My brother told me about this earlier today.

But 4 disks for FFVII and FFVIII?

VIII was 4 discs, but VII was 3. This is the International version however, which I guess had 4? (I thought the big thing added for international was the Weapons, did it really need an extra disc?)

VIII was 4 discs, but VII was 3. This is the International version however, which I guess had 4? (I thought the big thing added for international was the Weapons, did it really need an extra disc?)
Apparently they felt they had to give the Japanese audience extra justification to buy the game a second time.

Tsunami Shijo

Detective, Oni Exterminator
AKA
(was) Ruckasck, Jihl Nabaat, Tia Noto Yoko
I'm at the 25th Anniversary event that is being held along with PAX. Right now. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Splintered, the links are in the first post on this thread?

EDIT: Scratch that, Nico Nico keeps kicking me out of the livestream because it's so busy. Now searching like a crazy person. I did manage to see Lightning in a new costume!

EDIT2 ZOMG FOUND A BLOG:HNNNNG

11:46: The new game is officially titled Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII.

Last edited:

AvecAloes

Donator
11:46: The new game is officially titled Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII.

...I hope that's just a weird translation thing. Although as Force just pointed out, if it is, it'll probably be "Lightning Comes Back" in English :monster:

Lex

Administrator
If that really is it's official title, I can see it being Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning's Return or something.

EDIT: Found an even better link with more details.

It'll be for PS3 and XBox 360, exploration is a major theme. Apparently she travels by monorail to 4 islands. This is the weirdest most unexpected shit ever.

Although I like what they say about bringing back the Lightning from XIII as opposed to XIII-2.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
the logo is "lightning returns: final fantasy xiii", and they took that direction (reversing the order of the title) with the compilation of ffvii (dirge of cerberus/crisis core/before crisis: final fantasy vii)? i don't see why it would change

Lex

Administrator
Holy crap, found more. This is basically the whole presentation, on YouTube.

Fangu

Great Old One
I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to this!
Watched the presentation. We're yet to see if this is any good but IT'S LIGHTNING :joy:
I am overjoyed :joy: :joy: :joy:

Top Bottom