• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Why do people like Genesis?

AvecAloes

Donator
I don't see how changing from an utterly selfish prat -- one who would raze the world if they could no longer be part of it -- to someone selfless in their service of something/someone else can be called anything but redemptive. That's, like, a classic example for goodness' sake.

He may remain misguided, but, yes, redemption in a case like this has everything to do with motivation and intention.

Motivation and intention don't qualify redemption to me if the actions of the person are still evil or morally misguided.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Motivation and intention don't qualify redemption to me if the actions of the person are still evil or morally misguided.

That would be called Designated Hero which is trope describing when a story says a character is heroic but the audience notices he isn't.

Top Bottom