• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #3: Ask Octo anything

Fangu

Great Old One
Question for Sunday night at 11:45 PM: What's the best question you've had during this? :monster:

(I'm terrible at making up stuff like this)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
You, madame, have excellent taste.

Which Mystique/Rogue costumes do you prefer - 90's comics/cartoon, movies, etc?

Bear in mind I know next to fuck all about these things :monster:

Mystique - the film 'outfit' because that white thing with the boots looks cheap and nasty, shes actually classier running about all naked and lizardy IMO.

Rouge: gotta go with the cartoon/comic yellow/green with the leather jacket. Her outfit in the film just looks fucking boring to me.

Question for Sunday night at 11:45 PM: What's the best question you've had during this? :monster:

(I'm terrible at making up stuff like this)

:lol: I dunno, probably top 5 bands or something.

Who's your favourite TLS member? (One person.)

Oh come on, that one is too hard. :no: I couldn't possibly choose just one. Fangu, Mage, Lic and Cab - these are people I would impose upon in real life and try and borrow money and stuff :monster:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Fitness!:

Favorite martial art?

Favorite type of exercise?

Video games!:

Favorite inventory item in any Zelda?

Favorite old school Castlevania song? For assistance, I guess anything before Lords of Shadow can be considered retro now.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Why did you choose the name Freya for your babba? Did yourself and Mr. Octo have it selected beforehand? Or was it a case of waiting to see what name you felt would suit her.

Also, she's very cute, and baby's freak me out most of the time (they look like wee aliens, dammit!) so take solace in the knowledge that I'm not just being nice and saying that :D

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Fitness!:

Favorite martial art?

I don't think I've ever done any...except maybe on activity week at school when we did Karate for like 40 minutes. It was a letdown. So I'm going to say ninjutsu because Yoshimitsu :wacky:

Favorite type of exercise?
Not bloody cardio that's for sure. Strength training, I hardly use weights atm because I'm just doing bodyweight stuff mainly, and I've only been doing it for a few weeks now but I already feel the benefit, and I can get a better workout in a shorter time too.

Video games!:

Favorite inventory item in any Zelda?
Hookshot. And powerglove/bracelet - the games really open up when you get those.

Favorite old school Castlevania song? For assistance, I guess anything before Lords of Shadow can be considered retro now.

Simons Theme! I've never even played a Castlevania game, but my brother bought Castlevania 4 on the wii virtual console and that tune still gets stuck in my head :lol:
Why did you choose the name Freya for your babba? Did yourself and Mr. Octo have it selected beforehand? Or was it a case of waiting to see what name you felt would suit her.

At first Mr Octo wanted to wait until she was born to choose a name that 'suited' her until I pointed out that by that logic all babies would be called 'Winston' or 'Gollum'

I just had a list of names that I liked, and then I got him to give each one a mark out of 10, IIRC he gave Freya an 8 and by then I'd already decided that was my favourite. He chose her middle name though.

Also, she's very cute, and baby's freak me out most of the time (they look like wee aliens, dammit!) so take solace in the knowledge that I'm not just being nice and saying that :D
:lol: Thanks. Sometimes I think she looks like Bill Murray, but I like Bill Murray so its ok.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Simons Theme! I've never even played a Castlevania game, but my brother bought Castlevania 4 on the wii virtual console and that tune still gets stuck in my head :lol:

Then I shall play you the song of my people

Also Yoshimitsu--Vive Tekken!

I guess my zelda item are the pegasus boots. I wish they'd put them in the 3D games, and something did feel off about them in Link Between Worlds. In LTTP, it was very easy to get around with them.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
:lol: If I had the money I'd employ that guy to be my bard and follow me around playing that as I went about my daily business.

If you ignore the presence of sexy dwarves, which movie version of The Hobbit do you prefer? Rankin/Bass or Peter Jackson?

Also, yes you should totally have a bard! :D

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Bear in mind I know next to fuck all about these things :monster:

Mystique - the film 'outfit' because that white thing with the boots looks cheap and nasty, shes actually classier running about all naked and lizardy IMO.

Rouge: gotta go with the cartoon/comic yellow/green with the leather jacket. Her outfit in the film just looks fucking boring to me.
one of these answers is not like the other

and it makes me weep inside

If you were to be reincarnated, who would you want it to be as (real or fictional)?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
If you ignore the presence of sexy dwarves

:kirkwhat:

.....ok, because I like you Shad I'm gonna let that one slide :monster:

TBH its 500 years since I saw the 1977 version, so for all I know it could be great buuuuuutttt I like the aesthetic that the Jackson films have - inspired by Alan Lee's artwork and all the great stuff Weta workshop have come up with.

Don't get me wrong, the Hobbit movies have many flaws (especially compared with LOTR) - that fucking barrel scene was too long (and if that bit gets longer in the extended edition I'm going to facepalm so hard I'll turn inside out) it sometimes can't make its mind up if it's a kids film or something more serious and I'm still having trouble with asbestos wheelbarrows....

...but yeah Jackson films hands down.

Also, yes you should totally have a bard! :D

Like this:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
one of these answers is not like the other

and it makes me weep inside

I got it wrong? :sadpanda:

If you were to be reincarnated, who would you want it to be as (real or fictional)?

hmm well, would I still have all my old memories? Cos otherwise it's kind of pointless.

I wouldn't mind being a Moomin, or a Hobbit. I'm halfway there body-wise, and they live in such an idyllic setting.

But that could get boring after a while. Maybe an inhabitant of Fantasia/Fantastica (Neverending Story) because that place is created by the human imagination, pretty much everything is contained there, and if we take that to its logical conclusion, all the cool stuff I've ever liked exists there also.

I'd have to get a Luck Dragon though, because getting around in an infinite landscape is a pain in the arse :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
What is the meaning of life?

Top Bottom