• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #4: Ask Amizon (Daenerys Targaryen) anything

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
This is a new thing we're doing where we give a specific member a thread for a week in which they can share whatever information they want about themselves, then answer whatever questions the public asks them. It's sort of an expansion on the "Let's get to know each other" thread by, well, giving one member the spotlight. More information on the concept can be found here.

This week's participant is [member=6815]Ami[/member] (Daenerys Targaryen currently), who has elected to share the following information:
The self-proclaimed smooth Mancunian. The one that likes to be the multiplier of fandoms. The 20-something who cries over Skyrim's perfection. The co-editor of Gamerspective that's better than you. Hold up, is this really how I'm describing myself? Well ... suppose it's better than 24 (no, wait! 23! ... someone called me 15 once), full-time carer and normal, but boring person. Now I'm seeing rose wine, calling a Puerto Rican a puta, telling off a Geordie, being trigger happy by almost any game thrown at me.

Do I get one last thing? Yeah? Ok then.

You're all a bunch of twats and my Mancunianness is too bootylicious for ya, babe. :monster:

Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. This thread will be up for approximately a week before we move onto our next participant. :monster:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
In your opinion, does Manchester live up to its reputation?

Are you an Autobot or a Decepticon?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Do you still get ID'd? does it secretly please you?

Gene Hunt - Manc Lion? Y/N?

Are you and Carlie going to meet in real life? (God help us all!)

What was the first game you remember playing?

List some crushes you've had (past or present or weird or whatever)?

Have you a favourite/lucky item of clothing?

What was high school like for you?

Do you know what happened to Masa's site? (I just checked BFF.net and it's 'coming soon'? :huh:

Cabaret

Donator
What's your favourite summer afternoon drink?

Are you pro or anti barbeques?

Is there a soft drink you couldn't live without?

When you left school, what was your thoughts on how your life would go? The way it actually did go, better or worse or just different?

What's your favourite position?

Do you feel largely misunderstood by your peers? Or are you fittin right in?

What are top 3 meals do you like to cook/eat?

If you were ever to do a pole dance, what song (or top 3 songs) would you choose?

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
*cracks fingers*

In your opinion, does Manchester live up to its reputation?
Depends what you mean by reputation. If it lives up to culture and diversity, yes. If it lives up to crazy motorists, that's also another yes.

Are you an Autobot or a Decepticon?
tumblr_mbu08lnw0s1qzwn1ao1_500.gif

Do you still get ID'd? does it secretly please you?
It depends on my mood. These days, I don't get ID'd for alcohol and then do so for lottery - WHEN THEY CAN BLOODY SEE I'VE GOT IT IN MY BAG.

Gene Hunt - Manc Lion? Y/N?
tumblr_n760h8cNbP1rmb3h4o1_400.gif

Are you and Carlie going to meet in real life? (God help us all!)
22nd September, jot it down in your diaries!

What was the first game you remember playing?
The original Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Mega Drive.

List some crushes you've had (past or present or weird or whatever)?
tumblr_mjns46R1cS1qa114yo1_1280.jpg

ian-somerhalder-birthday.jpg

glow-magazine-paul-wesley.jpg

Stephen-Amell1.png

teen-wolf-keywords-derek-hale-tyler-hoechlin-submitted-by-stelenavamp-91807.jpg

COLIN-O-DONOGHUE1.jpg

Have you a favourite/lucky item of clothing?
I'd say my Garrus Mass Effect t-shirt. I always seem to have a good day every time I wear it, shame I can't wear it all the time!

ge117651c987c260f0e_720x600.jpg

What was high school like for you?
Challenging, but isn't it the same for everyone?

It was initially lonely since I didn't have many friends in primary school. Then out of coincidence, a girl mistook me for someone else. Almost ten years later, she's my best friend (and I'll be her maid of honour, too. She swore it in our year books at the end).

People have always had something to pick on me about. If it weren't for my deep voice back then, it'd be my short fuse. This actually exploded when I'd had enough of this girl's verbal abuse for months when I was in year 9 at the age of 14. I snapped and literally punched her in the face. I'll always remember my mum telling me to do exactly that the same morning if she got on my nerves!

She and her friend tormented me all the way home, as they lived near me and a few hours later, I found out she'd called the police for assault. I was obviously upset and went to my dad's immediately since I was too upset to go to school the next day. I'll always remember being in the middle of May on a sunny day and I got to spend the day at the pub with my dad. :awesome:

It actually took the police six weeks to make a visit. I went to the station that weekend with my mum and her dick partner (who originally got on my case for punching her. Excuse me, it was my mum's idea!). I had to be taken into an interview room and the whole thing was so upsetting because I had to relive the past few months (it's not something that bothers me now, it was just an emotional experience at the time). A friend of mine was also getting the same treatment and had an interview the next day.

About a week later, the police came around again and they said they were dropping the case after liaison with the school. Of course they had to drop it! I did get a warning, although it wasn't exactly official. The rest of my school experience was smooth sailing afterwards. At the end of that particular school year, the girl moved schools and her friend made an official apology to me for her actions. So was all cool in that department.

Eventually, I became a prefect and abused my power. It was quite fun scaring year 7's into thinking we could give out detentions. :awesome:

Honestly, 3/4 wasn't the best experience. But thankfully, this was turned around in my last two years or so without having her to pester me. Best thing is, the girl is single, obese, has two kids by two different fathers and the best of all? The fathers left her. This might be harsh of me, but karma came around!

Do you know what happened to Masa's site? (I just checked BFF.net and it's 'coming soon'? :huh:
It died many moons ago. Since you've brought this up, I'll say this: the entire staff weren't alerted to this, there were many conspiracy theories about what had happened and worst of all? No one heard from him. We were trying to figure what to do next and tbh, that wasn't hard after I'd gone through the emotions: Gamerspective. When you're a writer and forums staff on a site, that site goes down and it turns out that owner has fucked off, it's not nice. I'm not going to start flaming or anything over this by the way. You asked the question and I'm giving my side of the story.

(So no, it's not "coming soon". The BFF you knew is dead. :lol:)

What is your favorite flavor of jelly/jam?
Strawberry!

What's your favourite summer afternoon drink?
There are too many to list and it depends what day of the week we're on. So usually if we're on the week, I'll go for a nice cold drink of Pepsi Max. Weekend, we'll go with beer. If I don't feel like either of those, it'll be a J20 orange and passion fruit. All with ice, minus the beer.

Are you pro or anti barbeques?
Definitely pro. You've reminded me how sad I've been lately. I was invited to one last weekend for my best friend's (the one mentioned above) 24th birthday on Saturday. But unfortunately, I could feel a cold coming on Friday night and then I was hit with it fully on Saturday morning. I couldn't go and was upset that I had to spend all weekend indoors. :(

But still pro, bro.

Is there a soft drink you couldn't live without?
Orange. Especially the double concentrated kind.

When you left school, what was your thoughts on how your life would go? The way it actually did go, better or worse or just different?
I honestly had no clue. I didn't even know I was going to go to college and thank God I did because that was a big learning curve. I didn't really have many thoughts at that stage, but I was really into my writing (and still am!), so was hoping I'd be writing a novel over the long summer in between finishing and college. I didn't, I just fucked about.

I'd say it was better and different. At the age of 16/17, I was going in many different directions. I could've gone anywhere, although I didn't have the best grades. The same could be said for college, but I still got into university at the end of the day. If it weren't for a second chance from college after first year results, my life would've been different. I had a tutor that was adamant to get me back in and on my way to Uni.

I owe them a lot and it's sad that I can't remember them.

What's your favourite position?
Quinn_blink.gif

Do you feel largely misunderstood by your peers? Or are you fittin right in?
Yes and no. Yes and no again.

There are times that I feel a little annoyed I'm misunderstood, but this is only usually brief and I just get over it because life's too short to be like that. I feel as if I didn't fit in here at first, but thankfully due to the people I met on BFF, it soon turned around. Plus, knowing Marcus before any of you fuckers was a bonus and we were in this together.

What are top 3 meals do you like to cook/eat?
- Jacket potatoes, cheese, baked beans and butter
- Sausages, mash and mushy peas
- The brunch from Wetherspoons

If you were ever to do a pole dance, what song (or top 3 songs) would you choose?
You absolute bitch, this is difficult. But here they are:

Because it's a typical I'M POLE DANCING video that would get me in the mood.

This is totally my jam. I'd totally rock this!

Anyone who asks about this is a twat that doesn't know me. :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Crappest game you've ever played?

Worst food/meal you've ever eaten?

Rubbishest holiday?

What was the first single/album you bought?

You win a million quid - what do you spend it on?

If you could only choose one - baths or showers?

What was your most embarrasing moment?

Ideal Friday/Saturday night?

Cabaret

Donator
What's the best gaming related job you could see yourself doing in the future? Would you stay on the commentary/critic side of things or would you go more into the development side? Or is there another side I've not considered?

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Crappest game you've ever played?
That's a really tough one because it's rare I come across a game that's crap. I mean, there's Assassin's Creed III, but there's a worse level of crap than that. If I'm going to pick just one out, then it'll have to be 7 Blades for PS2. I can't remember why I asked my dad to buy this, but it was the biggest pile of shit I've ever witnessed. The whole thing was too fucking confusing and I had little to no interest.

Worst food/meal you've ever eaten?
Tomatoes.

No, seriously. My dad forced me to eat them at a young age and I still roll my eyes when he speaks about it. I remember them tasting awful - and I still don't like them now. I like the sauce/flavour, however.

Rubbishest holiday?
Benidorm, right after my granddad died in 2000/1. All I kept thinking about was wanting to go home because a) I was missing my granddad, but was still quite young to understand how to grieve properly (honestly, I grieved about 5 years later for weeks on end) and b) I didn't like my mum's partner at the time (and I still don't now, wahey!).

What was the first single/album you bought?
The album Spice by, of course, the Spice Girls. :monster:

You win a million quid - what do you spend it on?
Some on Gamerspective because it's the most amazing non-paid job in the world with the best team ever, a holiday to Florida, a house, give some to the family and the rest goes in the bank for living on interest. Voila!

If you could only choose one - baths or showers?
Showers. I rarely have a bath these days.

What was your most embarrasing moment?
When I stayed over at a friend's. The next morning, I specifically said I was going to take a shower and she caught me. IN. THE. NUDE. I was a lot skinnier back then, but it was still daunting.

Ideal Friday/Saturday night?
It's a toss up between hitting the pub down the road with my old work friends, who are more than just that - they're friends for life that I wouldn't trade for anyone. OR. Gaming either alone or with the usual people on Skype.

I can do social in not just one, but TWO different settings! Beer included with both.

What's the best gaming related job you could see yourself doing in the future? Would you stay on the commentary/critic side of things or would you go more into the development side? Or is there another side I've not considered?
Wow, this is a great question. I'd love to be on the writing side. I've always been writing since near the end of primary school and can only try to improve on my craft. I admire the writing in gaming, as it's usually so much better than in TV or films (especially the latter, we all shake our heads at that at some point). But I don't know how to break into that. If anyone has any idea, you let me know straight away.

The commentary/critic side is still a whole new thing for me, even if it might appear I'm quite used to it. There's so much to explore and learn. But if the chance ever arose, I would jump into the development side.

Now as for other sides, there's so much more: level design, graphic design, design itself. There's also music, sound, character creation, character capture, the list goes on and on.

I used to just love writing, but combine that nowadays with video games and I'm in paradise.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Oh I've been waiting for this.

tumblr_mn5g4vKXC11rr5t3to1_500.gif

Can I really ask you anything? :awesome:

Also yes Ami and I are meeting in September, staying in a hotel room together for 7 days. Get your fanfiction ready. :wacky:

Cabaret

Donator
The job you do is really difficult, not only physically but emotionally. What do you do to give yourself a break? Help yourself cope? Etc with it all
(Yeah that's my way of saying if you don't you should.)

Are you the type to have a one night stand? If so what has to be right for such a thing to happen? (EG his smile being dreamy n melting you :awesome: )

How did Charlie come into your life?

What do you love/laugh about Charlie?

Do you think you will ever find your dragons? Have you tried putting up posters?

When you started doing the LP's did you realise you were making them for (people like) me?

What would you like to see done in gaming in the near future? (EG a certain game released or a whole new way of playin or summit.)

leftcoastkid

Wanna Be Jedi - 1st Class
best vacation you've ever had?

one place you'd most like to live?

Do you know who Karl Pilkington is? If so what do you think of him?

what kicked off your love affair with gaming?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Are you really as bootylicious as the legends proclaim?

Is there documented evidence?

Cabaret

Donator
Tell us a scar story.

If your perfect man mad you a mix tape to tell you that he wanted to love you and be with you forever, what would be on it?

How do you see yourself in the long term re relationships/family? Kids? Potted plant?

Do you have any/would you get any tattoos?

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Oh I've been waiting for this.

tumblr_mn5g4vKXC11rr5t3to1_500.gif

Can I really ask you anything? :awesome:

Also yes Ami and I are meeting in September, staying in a hotel room together for 7 days. Get your fanfiction ready. :wacky:
The questions are just as open as our relationship. :awesome:

Do you believe in buffets?
I believe in them as much as I believe in the Assassin's Creed.

The job you do is really difficult, not only physically but emotionally. What do you do to give yourself a break? Help yourself cope? Etc with it all
(Yeah that's my way of saying if you don't you should.)
Honestly, video games and Gamerspective are my way of pulling myself away from it on a regular basis. Last year, EGX was the PERFECT time to get a break and I returned refreshed. So this year will be even more epic. And you see me on Skype whenever I'm not working. The group there is basically my way to break away and immerse myself in a more comfortable world.

This isn't the job I want to do forever, my dad and I know will both be the first to admit that. I'm eighteen months into it now and still haven't found anything else. His partner occasionally turns around to say I'm setting my expectations too high, but at the same time, I don't want to set them way too low.

I don't want to work in retail again as the last few months of that six-year career was a living HELL. And I account that to the horrible management I had. However, if there was the right management and there was no alternative, I'd do retail again. After all, I did meet some incredible people there who will be friends for life. <3

Are you the type to have a one night stand? If so what has to be right for such a thing to happen? (EG his smile being dreamy n melting you :awesome: )
During Uni, I might have been and I honestly didn't do that. But now? I don't know. I'd like to say I'm not the type because I'd like to be in a relationship at some point in my life. When it happens, it'll happen. Personality is a big must. I'd like something to look at, but he doesn't have to bear A-list looks. (Yes, his smile must be dreamy and melt me. :awesome:)

How did Charlie come into your life?
For those who don't know, Charlie is my dog. Or well, my mum's dog now I no longer live there. During my first semester at Uni, my mum got him from a breeder. I used to alternate coming home at weekends for work between there and my dad's. So one weekend in December, I did come home and he was there. I was so gobsmacked because ... ok, this is to cut a long story short.

My mum and dad divorced when I was 11. I didn't know at the time, but she cheated on him with the partner she's with now. My dad left her, but obviously not us as we were his kids! But that left my mum with a dog and two cats to look after. She gave the two cats to a home and the dog (Benji, I still miss him :() to the police. I was absolutely devastated losing Benji and I never forgave her for it. Heck, I even got on my knees and begged her to keep him, that I'd take him for walks and look after him myself! But she had none of it and declared she'd never get a dog again.

So fast forward nine years later and she came home with this adorable Labrador puppy (check out the link!). I remembered what she said, but fell in love with him. Almost five years later, here we are!

What do you love/laugh about Charlie?
He's very human. He'll pick a spot and watch EastEnders (God knows why, he's actually fascinated by it), maybe lie on my lap and snuggle up, sometimes give responses by cocking his head when you're talking to him. Charlie has a thing where he'll mark every possible territory by peeing on it on his walks, which is something he's done from a pup, and it's still hilarious.

Do you think you will ever find your dragons? Have you tried putting up posters?
tumblr_inline_msplyvZwe61qz4rgp.gif

When you started doing the LP's did you realise you were making them for (people like) me?
Absolutely not. If it does appeal to people who wouldn't really watch them and could possibly make them buy the games I'm showing, then I consider that mission accomplished. I'm glad it's affected at least you, could be the first in a long line yet!

What would you like to see done in gaming in the near future? (EG a certain game released or a whole new way of playin or summit.)
I'd like to see more games for the current gen, for one. :monster:

Honestly, I want games and franchises that continue to keep up the storytelling as well as delivering on graphics, enjoyment, high length, etc. Anything can happen in the future of gaming and not knowing exactly what makes me very excited!

best vacation you've ever had?
I'm very tempted to say one abroad, but I'm going to go out and say EGX London last year with my bro, Marcus. I haven't had that much fun in such a long time, proving you don't have to go abroad to have a greay vaycay! :awesome:

one place you'd most like to live?
All of California. Or just America in general. It's on my conquest list. :monster:

Do you know who Karl Pilkington is? If so what do you think of him?
I don't know him personally, but he's a fucking hero in my books. The things he comes out with are amazing and I genuinely don't think he's like those TOWIE idiots who feign unintelligence. He does say some profound things on his TV shows that you wouldn't think of. And just for everyone who doesn't know who this pillock is, here's one of my all-time favourite gifs of him:

tumblr_mw6fb6SpMJ1s5gnglo1_500.gif

what kicked off your love affair with gaming?
Anyone here who knows me could say Sonic the Hedgehog. But I'm a deep lover of RPGs and I'd say it's a toss-up between Final Fantasy VII and Pokemon Yellow. Both of these games, I'd play at my cousin's house. It's actually thanks to that ginger cunt of a cousin that dragged me into that world squealing and fangirling (I still do that now :awesome:). So there are no regrets there. I might state that FFVII is overrated from time to time, but I give it partial credit for my love affair.

Are you really as bootylicious as the legends proclaim?
Doctor_Who_yes_2.gif

Is there documented evidence?
1x08-gifs-new-girl-27595863-500-248.gif

Can you describe your dream house for us? Maybe with pictures?
As many bedrooms as I want since I'm not too fussed, a gaming room, a luxurious bathroom with a bath the size of my ego (:awesome:), a party room, etc. I'm pretty boring and clique-y. But ...

Breezerhome.jpg

Do you have a favourite period of history?
It's difficult to say. If we're going ancient history, then it has to be Ancient Greece as there are so many stories to learn. As for modern, it'd have to be the Tudors.

Can you juggle?
99784-Fuck-you-gif-Elsa-Disney-froze-ZXtm.gif

Tell us a scar story.
Scar or scary?

Since you did say scar, I've got a funny one. I must've been about 8/9 at the time. My mum asked if I wanted to go to my gran's with Benji, I said no. She left with my sister and baby sister at the time. I remember flicking through the Argos catalogue at the time (yep, I remember that weird shit) and was upset because I got bored soon and wanted to go, but they were already gone.

So my pre-wheelchair dad said we'd go and sneak up on them. We headed out, went into the fields, hid and decided to do it. But as we were about to do it, the bottom of my right leg got caught in barbed wire. It was so fucking painful. Because of that, my mum, gran and sister (and Benji!) saw us. It was bleeding quite a bit, but it's left a scar where part of my skin was peeled off.

Any girl of that age would be mortified to have a scar, but I've never been girly and found the whole thing pretty amazing. It was my first one. :awesome:

If your perfect man mad you a mix tape to tell you that he wanted to love you and be with you forever, what would be on it?
I will honestly cry the day that happens. It could be anything, but I'd say he's a keeper if it's this one:

How do you see yourself in the long term re relationships/family? Kids? Potted plant?
It may happen, it may not. If it's meant to be, then it's meant to be. I'm not actively searching for anyone or even The One right now, but it doesn't mean I'm opposed to it either. I just want to live my life for now and see where it takes me. As for family and kids, that can be evaluated after I've found someone. One step at a time. :)

Do you have any/would you get any tattoos?
Not right now, but that can well change in the future.

Favourite video game weapon? :wacky:
The hidden blades from Assassin's Creed. :monster:

If you could have a weapon from a fictional universe, what would it be?
Lara's bow from Tomb Raider. :monster:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Do you know what happened to Masa's site? (I just checked BFF.net and it's 'coming soon'?
It died many moons ago. Since you've brought this up, I'll say this: the entire staff weren't alerted to this, there were many conspiracy theories about what had happened and worst of all? No one heard from him. We were trying to figure what to do next and tbh, that wasn't hard after I'd gone through the emotions: Gamerspective. When you're a writer and forums staff on a site, that site goes down and it turns out that owner has fucked off, it's not nice. I'm not going to start flaming or anything over this by the way. You asked the question and I'm giving my side of the story.

(So no, it's not "coming soon". The BFF you knew is dead. )

Look, I&#8217;m not saying what was done was right, but I can&#8217;t appreciate what you&#8217;re saying here either. I&#8217;m not telling you to stop feeling how you feel but there&#8217;s a right way to discuss publically about it and this isn&#8217;t it, imo. I felt the explanation given in the end was satisfactory and I&#8217;m disappointed that you feel the need describe it like this. I am especially disheartened since he is a dear friend.

You&#8217;re my friend too, Ami, and it makes me sad to see this.

My apologies if this is seen as drama-whoring but I'm uncomfortable with what has been said and needed to speak my mind. I care for both people involved and do not want to derail thread.

Cabaret

Donator
What's your regular tipple?

Do you consciously use local slang? EGs of Manc slang pls?

What would you like to achieve with Gamerspective? / What would you like Gamerspective to become/achieve?

Have you travelled much around Britain?

What's your favourite part of Britain?

What do you like to correct foreigners on re Britain? (EG pronunciation of Edinburgh / eating fish n chips all day and night)

How did you get into football?

Have you ever switched favourite teams?

What do you think should change in football?

Are you into other sports?

Would you describe yourself as girly?

Do you have a 'look'? (EG word traveler/geek chic/
hipster / I can't think of anymore >< )

Are you ever judgmental about people? In what situations and how far does your judgment go? (EG Jeremy Kyle Show is filled with the lowest rungs of society)

Is there something about you/your body that you would change? Why?

What was your favourite hair style/colour?

(Lovin your answers and you btw xxx)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
What is the image you posted in response to my question of there being documented evidence supposed to be? It's not working. :sadpanda:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Why won't you let us see you with your hair down? You have very nice hair.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
What video game franchise would you like to see revived?

Top Bottom