• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #18: Ask Alex Strife anything

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Hi Alex!

How is Catalan? Is it a good place to chill? Do they have bullfighting and good drinks?

Yo!! ^_^

It is a very nice place to chill. I am convinced that you would love the seaside here. Bullfighting is not so popular around these parts though, because Spanish people insist on killing bulls and Catalan people insist on not killing them so locals see bullfighting as something so awful that they are not willing to compromise and do the ones where the animal is unharmed. They feel if they did that, they would be supporting the killing activities. Maybe once Spain decides to stop killing them, everyone can have bloodless bullfighting... I would definitely not be against that. But killing animals for fun seems way too...

BUT we definitely have a lot of good drinks and places to enjoy them!! Barcelona is full of them; both modern and run-down, crowded and quiet, ... There is something for everyone. And the food, man, the food!! You need to try food here. Delightfully good. :)

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
Have any thoughts on the Oculus Rift and the implications it could have on gaming from here on out?

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Have any thoughts on the Oculus Rift and the implications it could have on gaming from here on out?

- The prospects of what could come from the Oculus Rift if done properly are extremely exciting. Sadly, I haven't yet tried it so I can't say for myself. But the videos of how the OR is being applied to games show something very, very good. I have to wonder exactly what can come from this, which is something that "nobody knows" but in theory, VR is coming closer.

The implications it could have on gaming from here on... it depends on the games. If this becomes popular enough so that everyone wants to use it, certain types of videogames could change a lot. It's not the same, using OR on an RPG or a driving game. Would all videogames become first-person? Who knows...

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
What do you think about kids?

Have you ever tried writing fiction?

Favourite character from the compilation?

Most disliked?

Don't mean to start a war, but here goes. Consoles or PC?

And while I'm on it, Mario or Sonic? Keep in mind that as far as I'm concerned, you don't HAVE to choose.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
What do you think about kids?

Have you ever tried writing fiction?

Favourite character from the compilation?

Most disliked?

Don't mean to start a war, but here goes. Consoles or PC?

And while I'm on it, Mario or Sonic? Keep in mind that as far as I'm concerned, you don't HAVE to choose.

- Kids are fun and they can surprise you in a lot of things. You can also learn from them and their innocent and still pure perspective on life. It's quite fun to teach some of them, actually. As for my own possible kids? Well, I do want to have at least one. Let's see if we will be able to make it happen. Here's hoping. :)

- Fiction, I have tried. But I am my worst critic and I do not like anything I write. So no matter how hard I try, I am never satisfied and I always think I just wrote something awful. So I discard it. For a while I tried quite hard, now I have kind of given up. For the time being, at least. Somehow, I feel my writing skills are not good enough while my ideas are (ironic, considering I write for a living, after all).

- I guess my name gives the answer quite easily, but my most liked character of the compilation is Cloud. I can relate to him in quite a few ways. No, I wasn't part of the military. And no, I do not swing a huge sword around. But I know what it is like to lack confidence even when you do things well. And I am well aware of how I can perform quite well if I have the right people and support around me. I also like Tifa a lot. I know some people say she's clingy but to me, she's just super supportive. She knows something's wrong with Cloud and she wants to be there.

- Genesis. Honestly!! I mean, the premise is interesting and to be fair, it makes sense there would be some prototypes before Sephiroth. But why did they have to shove down our throats Genesis at every single opportunity? My headcannon is they're not going on with the Compilation because they used Genesis in DoC and CC because of the Gackt tie-in and now they do not want it anymore :monster: . Storyline-wise, Genesis was not that bad, except for "that scene", mainly. And although cheesy at times, the way the storyline was brought up made sense... somehow.

- Both!! Usually I would say consoles because you do not need to upgrade them every two or three years because new games require too much for you to run them. So that is a HUGE advantage. But PC has the advantage of always having the higher end games with top-notch graphics and all. And truth be told, there are games that "can only be played on a PC". Particularly when they make extensive use of the keyboard and mouse. Yes, I know consoles can use those too. But you know companies never really use that because it would mean the buyers need to get the peripherals... Somehow, I can't imagine a proper Baldur's Gate or Age of Empires on a console. I like to have latest consoles + decent PC to run the odd game here and there.

- Both are good fun but I always was a Nintendo kid so Mario!! From NES to SNES, it's pure magic. I never got too much into the 3D Mario games, to be completely honest. Mario 64 is good, of course. And Galaxy (first one, haven't played the second one) was fun, creative and all. But it lacked that distinct Mario feel. Paper Mario was a good idea, too. Fortunately, they're going back a bit to their roots with the New Super Mario Bros games, etc!!

Cabaret

Donator
You come across as very caring with attention to detail regarding people - are you super nice or a stalker?

How's it going with your other half?

Do you play any instruments? What would you like to play?

What's your preferred mode of moderate to long distance travel?

When you hear/see thunder & lightening, what's your reaction/thoughts?

Do you put a lot of salt on your food?

Are you in any way macho? What's the macho-est thing you've ever done?

Do you keep a diary? What types of things do/would you write in it?

Can you arrange flowers in a vase well?

What's your opinion on foreign food (Indian? Mexican? etc)

If you could only eat 1 biscuit as your only sweet thing, what would it be?

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Do you prefer to get up early/stay up late/both/neither?

What's the first thing you do upon waking up (other than for example going to the bathroom or whatever)?

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
You come across as very caring with attention to detail regarding people - are you super nice or a stalker?

How's it going with your other half?

Do you play any instruments? What would you like to play?

What's your preferred mode of moderate to long distance travel?

When you hear/see thunder & lightening, what's your reaction/thoughts?

Do you put a lot of salt on your food?

Are you in any way macho? What's the macho-est thing you've ever done?

Do you keep a diary? What types of things do/would you write in it?

Can you arrange flowers in a vase well?

What's your opinion on foreign food (Indian? Mexican? etc)

If you could only eat 1 biscuit as your only sweet thing, what would it be?

- Wow. I know I should take a bit of an offense at being called a potential stalker! :lol: But I know what you mean. People who act like I do can be a bit strange sometimes. However, I do believe I try to be kind and attentive for the sake of it. I know what it feels like when people do not treat you that nicely so... That is why I chose to do things differently. Treat people as you would like them to treat you. At first I had to think of doing it. Now it's become natural for me to do so. I would not call myself super nice, though. Everyone has their nasty side. I just like to help whenever I can. And if I do not gain nor lose anything for being nice... why shouldn't I be?

- It's going quite well, except for the obvious problems of being apart for such a long time (October to February... crazy shit). Of course, there are things that are difficult to talk with such a distance and yet we have to do it. But we are taking things as they come, taking it easy and being aware that this is not a sprint race but a marathon. We are a team and we face the possible issues together. So far, it's working well because she values a lot what I do for her and I value a lot what she does for me. And the good is so much more than the complications that it works very well. Also, both of us take a lot of care in making the other happy, which means that even though I may sacrifice things for her, I feel cherished and nothing is too difficult because she does the same. That does not mean we are selflessly sacrificing what we want and not getting anything in return, though!! So, even though it is cliché to say this, I know she is the one. We are talking about some serious stuff for our future together (I know, most will say it's too early and I am not going to argue. But our situation is quite specific and demands maybe not swift action but swift planning).

- I do not play any instruments. I suck at it! I played the recorder at school and was horrible. If I could choose anything... the piano, maybe?

- Moderate to long distance? How long is that anyway? Preferred mode for practical reasons is plane. But I have to admit that road trips can be great fun. I have been in drives that took a few hours and it was always good. I like driving so...

- I am fascinated by lightning. Thunder... I always think "my windows are going to break" if it's too loud. But at the same time, I like them as well. But honestly, lightning fascinates me a lot. It's beautiful and menacing at the same time. Amazing.

- Actually, I do not put a lot of salt in my food!! In fact, often my mother will be like "this soup lacks salt, right?" and I'll answer something like "Really? I like it just as it is!!" and she is already someone who does not use a lot of salt... That is not to say I dislike food that has stronger flavour but without so much salt is already good for me. (A bit is good though!)

- Hmmm... I guess this depends on your definition of "macho", doesn't it? I do not think I am the typical manly guy in the sense that I do not "take pride in being the man, roaring and scaring foes". I think there are more effective ways to deal with stuff. I guess that the macho-est thing I have done would have to be fighting with some classmate because he insulted me or actively facing (and fighting, too!) a guy who picked on my brother (he was 10 at the time and the guy was same age as me; 16). I decided I would take no shit from the guy and so I confronted him. And, if being macho is what I understand (I am sure it is :P ), then that's pretty much it.

- Hmmm... I used to, and I just wrote about my daily life. Right now, I consider it to be too much of a pain in the butt, so I don't. If I did, I would write about what I do during the day, and my thoughts. My job hunting may take an important part, as well as my girlfriend, since they are two of the biggest things of my life right now.

- Never tried it!! So I am going to go with not good at all, if only for lack of experience. Given proper training, though, I am sure I could do it properly.

- I like foreign food quite a lot. I wouldn't call myself the easiest guy in terms of food (I do have stuff I like and dislike) but there are a number of things I like; Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Singaporean, some Indian, ... And of course, a few dishes from here and there.

- One biscuit, huh... Oreo? Or a Spanish biscuit with the shapes of Dinosaurs... childood memories, and they still sell them nowadays!!

Three things you'd take to a desert island?

A plane, fuel, and a robot to pilot it! :monster: . Well, that defeats the purpose, right? So if it's three things, I have to think a bit. My phone (assuming I get reception, etc.), a cozy bed and... does my lover count? :) Not a thing but hey.

Do you prefer to get up early/stay up late/both/neither?

What's the first thing you do upon waking up (other than for example going to the bathroom or whatever)?

- I used to be better at staying up, and I prefer it to a certain extent. But maybe because I am growing up and also because my girlfriend is ahead of time and therefore wake up earlier and has some free time during her lunch break, I wake up earlier lately. Maybe a combination of both.

- Normally, get dressed for whatever activity I have. This doesn't count? Then, I am activity-driven so I wake up to go to Japanese or to cycle or whatever. If I have nothing, then I'll just use my computer. And sometimes I wake up earlier so that I can chat with my girlfriend while she's having lunch break during her working hours. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom