• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #19: Ask Testament (Omega) anything

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
In this forum tradition we give a specific member a thread for a week in which they can share whatever information they want about themselves, then answer whatever questions the public asks them. It's sort of an expansion on the "Let's get to know each other" thread by, well, giving one member the spotlight. More information on the concept can be found here.

This week's participant is [member=223]Testament[/member] (Omega), who has elected to share the following information:
Yo.

So I'm that one guy who most of you know as Omega. My real name is Wakeen (pronounced like Joaquin - I was named after someone but my father was illiterate so lol), but if you use it I will cut you. I'm 29, which is wholly depressing to me, and I live just outside of Dallas.

Uhhhh...not really sure what I'm supposed to say here. Interests, I guess? I'm an extremely avid reader, though I tend to be particular about what and how I read (I still haven't read my prized book yet because, as I explained to someone once, "you don't just sit down and read the first book ever written"). I also very much enjoy writing, and kind of got started in that direction with Destrillians here at TLS. Since then, I've begun the notes and drafts stages of a book and a game script. I play shitloads of games, most recently FFXII International, though I recently finished The Witcher 2 and plan on doing a full playthrough of the Lords of Shadow games and Assassin's Creed IV.

I enjoy Archer, Rick and Morty, Game of Thrones (although it's going in a weird direction show-wise), Parks and Rec, New Girl, buttloads of anime, House, 30 Rock, Arrested Development, the list goes on.

I drink, but only socially. I've had three prior girlfriends, but was only sexually involved with one.

I enjoy sunsets and walks on the beach? Fuck man idk what I'm supposed to write JUST ASK ME QUESTIONS FFS WHY DO I HAVE TO DO ALL THE WORK

/intro thing

Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. This thread will be up for approximately a week before we move onto our next participant. :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Underpant style preference?

Baked beans - in a pan or microwave?

Worst game you've ever played?

Worst film?

Worst book?

Most embarrasing thing in your record collection/mp3 collection?

EDIT: Favourite nut and/or legume? (have that up your trouser leg Ghost :P )

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Boxers all the way, no question.

Ewwwww I don't do baked beans - the only beans I willingly ingest are green. I really dislike beans :P

Hmmmmmm I'd say maybe ET for the Atari 2600? But that's not really fair to all the other awful games because no other game is literally impossible to beat so I think I'll be fair and say FFXIII. I really disliked what I've played of the Assassin's Creed series, but the fact that they literally took all the battle decisions out of your hands with an auto-battle option is just ridiculous. Plus the gameplay wasn't particularly fun and the story was super predictable - where were the plot twists?

Worst Film Ever has to be something with Nicolas Cage in it, no question. That said, everything he does is so bad it becomes hilarious so I guess that's not really quite right, either. I rather disliked Frozen, though, and it came across my mind and set me on the Disney track, so...The Little Mermaid. I fucking hate that movie so much oh my god.

Any of the Twilight books (pick one). On the other hand, they're so awful that it gives me hope for my own writing aspirations, so :oscar:

I suppose that would be either Kelly Clarkson or the XIII-2 OST (which is the same 4-5 songs remixed a bunch of times). Can't believe I got the collector's edition of that game...

Hmmmmmmmm...macadamia. Mostly because of the cookies mmmmmmm

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
The Little Mermaid. I fucking hate that movie so much oh my god.

Tell me moar about this. Like what specifically do you hate about it? (I'm not really a fan of Disney- I revisited a lot of stuff and was like 'Why did I think this was any good?)

Ghost X

When you say the first book ever written, what book or "book" do you mean?

What is your favourite herb, and what is your favourite spice?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Well, when I was a kid, I spent a lot of time at my aunt and uncle's house, since my mom would be at work after I got out of school. As such, I've seen Return of the Jedi and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe like 50 times each. I also watched basically every Disney movie pre-Lion King about 20 times. As a result, I ended up watching some story about a spoiled teenager that couldn't fucking listen to her admittedly overprotective parent and his rules that were set in place to keep her safe and shit as she packratted everything in sight away. And then everyone thought she was so fucking special just because she could sing - motherfucker your goddamn CRAB can sing, so why am I supposed to be impressed with you doing it? ANYWAY so she trades her voice to a witch - red flag number one you stupid twit - just to get legs. And then she just HAPPENS to fall in love with a prince, which goes to hell because she can't just tell the truth and because she foolishly made a deal with a witch in the first place. BUT SOMEHOW SHE GETS A HAPPY ENDING.

Also her voice wasn't anything special and I got so fucking tired of hearing her sing holy fuck.

Similarly, I dislike Cinderalla and Robin Hood.

Aladdin, The Lion King, 101 Dalmations, The Aristocats, The Great Mouse Detective, and motherfuckin' TANGLED are the shiiiiit, though.

O, and The Incredibles.

tldr I hate the little mermaid and everything about it

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Can you cook?
do u liek :mudkip:?
do u liek :rabite:?
What guilty pleasure music do you listen to?
Name three desert island items you'd want in a catastrophe scenario.
What about GoT makes you think it's going in a weird direction (I've read all the books so far but only got as far as the end of season two, basically don't worry about spoilers)?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
When you say the first book ever written, what book or "book" do you mean?

What is your favourite herb, and what is your favourite spice?
The Tale of Genji, or Genji Monogatari, is widely accepted as the first book ever written. Or at least the first novel, at any rate. :P

I'd say basil and....idk. Paprika, vanilla, and wasabi are amazing, but I can't pick one ;.;

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
What do you most prefer to be called by your friends, seeing as your real first name is out of the question for the most part?

What is your favourite pairing in anything ever written (this has only one answer)?

If you were captain of your own ship/airship/spaceship, what would you name her and why?

Who is your favourite character in New Girl and why is it Schmidt?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Can you cook?
do u liek :mudkip:?
do u liek :rabite:?
What guilty pleasure music do you listen to?
Name three desert island items you'd want in a catastrophe scenario.
What about GoT makes you think it's going in a weird direction (I've read all the books so far but only got as far as the end of season two, basically don't worry about spoilers)?
A bit, I suppose? I am great with following directions for recipes, at least :P I wouldn't say I can just whip up something awesome or that I'm great at making omelettes, though. I'm just moderately acceptable when it comes to cooking, though it's a skill I'd love to improve upon, not least because everyone loves a morning-after omelette :oscar:

Ehhhhh idk man. I disliked Mudkip because of the meme, but I'm come around a bit to its evolved form (Swampert). Still, though, all the gen 3 starters were pretty lame imo.

I'm not familiar with rabbite, I'm afraid.

Guilty pleasure music would probably have to include Jay-Z, because hip-hop isn't exactly the most artistic form of music and you get funny looks when you say you listen to such and such. Ditto Rihanna. I think my last one would be an unguilty unpleasure? Like I don't understand what it is about the fucking Beatles and Tom Waits and U2 and such that makes people go OH BABY THIS IS MY SONG RIGHT HERE. I just don't get it. Okay, correction: my third one is Michael Jackson, pre-ghoulish countenance. Fucking Billy Jean is my shit - when I was a kid I saw the video and kept wanting to know why the fuck the sidewalk didn't light up for me and it made me sad.

Three desert island items? A desalinator, for practicality's sake; a really good book, because I'm clearly going to be reading it a lot; and some rum, because :oscar:

oh my god where do I begin

The first three seasons are pretty good representations of what was going on in the books at those times, with a few cool additions - the scenes where Shireen Baratheon teaches Davos to read are the best thing ever. But then they start going sideways, like merging Edric Storm and Gendry, or merging Locke and Vargo Hoat (and then sending him to the Wall to kill Jon...........), or having Bran and Co. taking prisoner by the mutineers and barely escaping only for JOJEN TO GET STABBED TO DEATH AS HE IMPASSIVELY LOOKS ON LIKE OH HEY GUYS SORRY I'M GETTING STABBED YOU UNDERSTAND. Who does that? Basically, there's a lot of stuff where things that should not happen in any way are happening (or vice versa), like Brienne fighting Sandor Clegane or the absence of Lady Stoneheart and Arianne Martell (who are both pretty damn important). It makes me wonder whether we'll get to stuff like Jon getting stabbed, Brienne getting almost lynched, all the shit happening in Mereen around Dany, the whole thing with Myrcella in Dorne, etc, or if it won't be possible because they decided they wanted to take the viewers who've read the books for a ride. IDK MAN. I D K.

But they better have Nymeria and Tyene in that shit and they better be awesome OR I WILL CUT A MOTHERFUCKER. Also Arya becoming a Faceless Man for s5 please thank you.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Hmm, valid and I was curious as to how they're gonna get around the changes.

Also GET AN EMULATOR AND PLAY SECRET OF MANA RIGHT NOW. DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE. You will learn of the rabite.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
What do you most prefer to be called by your friends, seeing as your real first name is out of the question for the most part?

What is your favourite pairing in anything ever written (this has only one answer)?

If you were captain of your own ship/airship/spaceship, what would you name her and why?

Who is your favourite character in New Girl and why is it Schmidt?
"Hey you" or "that one guy" works? :P Honestly, I think I just prefer Kimble. I quite like that, as opposed to, say, Keeno :monster:

ooooooh you dirty bastard THIS IS HARD um um um...wait why am I thinking about this it's obv Tali/Shepard.

This is something I've actually given a lot of thought to, but haven't really come up with a good answer. Having seen/read lots of books/anime/manga (esp. Star Wars), I've come to the conclusion that it has to be something that's just plain awesome, like the Wild Karrde, Outlaw Star, or Normandy. Unfortunately, really good names like that don't come that easily ;.; Contenders so far include the Damocles and the Alighieri.

It's funny because I would say either Jess or Schmidt. Schmidt is just such an IDIOT that it's hard not to like him. After all, who doesn't want a friend who's down to score you some crack because they seriously want you to be yourself?

Ghost X

If you had another chance at life on Earth, but had to do so as a fictional character that didn't have super powers (which could be chosen from any genre, etc), who would you be and why?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
"Hey you" or "that one guy" works? :P Honestly, I think I just prefer Kimble. I quite like that, as opposed to, say, Keeno :monster:

ooooooh you dirty bastard THIS IS HARD um um um...wait why am I thinking about this it's obv Tali/Shepard.
I think I might be leaning towards Special K.

Also it was totally Telokka, way to screw the pooch. I also would have accepted Shepard/Liara or Tali/Garrus.

Round 2

- If you could be a character from any fighting game series, who would you be?

- Same question but shooting game!

- What item of clothing/style of clothing totally doesn't suit you but you wish more than anything that it did?

- In three minutes from now all of your previous life experiences and accumulated knowledge will be wiped from your memory. You have a pen and a notepad. What message do you leave for your future self?

- Does this unit have a soul?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Iron Man or Captain America?

Would you RP with me again? Because I would.

What item formula do you feel suits Darius?

Do you play basketball?

Can you cook?

Do you think American Horror Story is true horror?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
If you had another chance at life on Earth, but had to do so as a fictional character that didn't have super powers (which could be chosen from any genre, etc), who would you be and why?
Arsene Lupin, without question. The gentleman thief version of Sherlock Holmes in turn of the century France and making the ladies swoon while ALSO solving crimes? Fuck yeah!

I think I might be leaning towards Special K.

Also it was totally Telokka, way to screw the pooch. I also would have accepted Shepard/Liara or Tali/Garrus.

Round 2

- If you could be a character from any fighting game series, who would you be?

- Same question but shooting game!

- What item of clothing/style of clothing totally doesn't suit you but you wish more than anything that it did?

- In three minutes from now all of your previous life experiences and accumulated knowledge will be wiped from your memory. You have a pen and a notepad. What message do you leave for your future self?

- Does this unit have a soul?
I considered saying Telerra BUT. BUT. Tali. Although LiaraShep is pretty damn valid imo. It's clearly the silver medal here, or NaruHina. But Tali/Garrus can suck it because NO.

I would say Geese Howard from King of Fighters, though Dan Hibiki from Street Fighter is a close second. Geese is wealthy, intelligent, an extremely powerful fighter, and has the lulziest death ever. Literally. He laughs as he falls to his death...AND DOESN'T DIIIIIIE.

Mass Effect counts as a shooter imo, so Garrus, no question. I could see myself being angry space Batman with half a face, assuming I was pushed far enough.

I'm out of shape atm so tight clothing. I miss being able to show off the bod. ;.;

DON'T TRUST WHITE PEOPLE. Or, in all seriousness, "don't ever give in, and also look at your message histories on skype and your laptop you stupid bint you're such a dummy I should've known you'd develop acute psychogenic retrograde amnesia that's what you get for not listening to your instincts but now you done went and fucked it all up". (and yes I would seriously berate myself from the past)

OF COURSE IT DOES IT HAS ALL OF THE SOULS. More of one that Udina, for sure.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Iron Man or Captain America?

Would you RP with me again? Because I would.

What item formula do you feel suits Darius?

Do you play basketball?

Can you cook?

Do you think American Horror Story is true horror?
Iron Man - I don't really care for Cap all that much. Heroes are more interesting when they're not always heroic, imo.

I'm not sure - maybe? I guess I'd have to think about it.

No, but I used to - on a team, no less, back when I was but a delinquent youth. I also used to play hockey :oscar:

Ehhhhhhhhh I'm no great shakes at it - see above.

I've never actually seen American Horror Story, though I'm interested in taking a gander - a number of people have told me it's really good. I'm not sure how I feel about Dylan McDermott being in it, though (that is the guy, right?).

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Favourite non-FF game?

Favourite non-FF world to live in?

Early to bed, or late sleeper?

You're convicted of a crime you didn't commit and sentenced to death, what are your last words, last person you ask to see, and last meal?

How long is a piece of string?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Favourite non-FF game?

Favourite non-FF world to live in?

Early to bed, or late sleeper?

You're convicted of a crime you didn't commit and sentenced to death, what are your last words, last person you ask to see, and last meal?

How long is a piece of string?
Mass Effect!

...Mass Effect!

ew god no late sleeper - I'm a night owl

"Truly is justice blind"; I think I'd ask to see a certain young woman who I was extremely close to but haven't had contact with in years; and my last meal would need to be fried chicken and sushi with deviled eggs, potato salad, and ice cream :oscar:

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
What flavour ice-cream?

Longest time you've spent awake gaming? Longest time awake but NOT gaming?

Favourite genre for books?

Favourite colour shoes?

Favourite pokemon? And, related-but-possibly-with-a-different-answer, if you could only have one for a whole game, what would you take? (Assuming you don't need to fly/surf/etc.)

Favourite animal? Least favourite?

Favourite game weapon of all time?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Unless I'm totally mistaken it's his last name.

Re: shipping. Telerra is also a fine choice, it would have netted you full points.

Round 3

- If you could live anywhere other than Texas, whereabouts would you be and why?
- What are you most proud of?
- What are you least proud of?
- In a world where guns, magic, blades and other forms of weaponry are all equally viable, what do you wield into battle?
- What colour are your eyes?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
- If you would assemble a team to save your hometown who would you call from the people you know here? ( name 6)

- Which lane do you prefer in Rank?

- Which cocktail do you like to make?

- Did you try Destiny? How was the game?

- Ps4 or Xbox One?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
What flavour ice-cream?

Longest time you've spent awake gaming? Longest time awake but NOT gaming?

Favourite genre for books?

Favourite colour shoes?

Favourite pokemon? And, related-but-possibly-with-a-different-answer, if you could only have one for a whole game, what would you take? (Assuming you don't need to fly/surf/etc.)

Favourite animal? Least favourite?

Favourite game weapon of all time?
ALL OF THE FLAVORS. Ice cream is my one food vice :P

Gaming: two days, when Mass Effect 3 came out. Non-gaming: about 30 hours or so.

Fiction, though I couldn't really be more specific. I enjoy mysteries, fantasy, sci-fi, pretty much the whole gamut.

Black, I suppose?

That's a really difficult question - my two favorite pokemon are Tyranitar and Scizor, and idk how in the hell I would choose between them. I guess I'll say Scizor, since it's the one I always have a nickname for :P If I only had one for an entire game, I'd probably take Tyranitar, thanks to its vast movepool, great ability, and fantastic stats.

Lions are the best, no question. I think for least favorite I might choose hedgehogs, because I don't think they're cute and I don't see why everyone fawns all over them. They're basically helpless, and that curl into a ball act fools no one - NO ONE. YOU ARE FOOD GET USED TO IT.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. This will be hard. I can't even pick my favorite gun in Mass Effect (either the Valiant or the Wraith). In games like FF, I tend to go for repeated melee attacks, so I usually like whatever hits hardest and fastest, which is usually things like katana or "ninja swords" (lol FFXII). Therefore, my answer will be the giant purple dildo bat in Saint's Row - because it's really, really, really funny to beat the crap out of people with. Seriously, try it sometime without laughing, giggling, chuckling, or any other expression of mirth, internal or external. THAT'S RIGHT YOU CAN'T DO IT CAN YOU STOP JUDGING ME

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Where did 'Kimble' come from?
My last name :P It's the only thing I got from my father that was worthwhile, unless we include lessons in what kind of person not to be by way of constant absence and fun stories from my mom, like that time he kicked her down a flight of stairs while she was holding baby me :ernie:

Top Bottom