• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

12. Biggest Non-FF Geek

Biggest Non-FF Geek

• [member=578]Alex Strife[/member]

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • [member=2]Cthulhu[/member]

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • [member=6815]Gamora[/member]

• [member=1023]Howl[/member]

• [member=304]Interslicery[/member]

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • [member=5025]Kuroto[/member]

• [member=184]Melon Lord[/member]

• [member=1830]Octo[/member]

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • [member=57]Rose Tyler[/member]

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • [member=724]SoulReaper[/member]

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • [member=683]Splintered[/member]

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • [member=9]The Man[/member]

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • [member=800]The Twilight Mexican[/member]

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • [member=3]X-SOLDIER[/member]

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
This could be considered to mean we know a lot about a varying range of subjects, I guess. Or it could be less flattering, but whatever. Anyway, multiple choice due to sheer volume of nominees.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Start a conversation with Howl about some Game of Thrones. You won't be disappointed, you'll know who to vote for, and you might even learn something (I know, I know [I did], oh oh oh).

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Nobody here can match Kuroto for her dedication to all things Tolkien.

She saw the newest Hobbit film three times (at least) in the first week of its release, and that didn't surprise me one bit, because she did the same for the first two films as well. What did surprise me was that she flew to England to attend the world premiere. And I don't mean that she actually got to go inside the cinema - she travelled all the way there just to stand near the red carpet so she could catch a glimpse of the stars and get a few autographs.

Her bedroom (at her mother's house) is absolutely covered in LoTR memorabilia. Her computer's desktop wallpaper has been something Hobbit related for the last few years, without fail. She has all the extended edition DVDs and many of the video games - not forgetting the books, of course, some of which she has in both English and Finnish.

And if you think all that amounts to just fandom, not geekery, you'd be wrong. Ask her anything you like about any of the Middle Earth stories and she'll have an answer for you. Go look in the Hobbit thread if you don't believe me. Then come back here and vote for her :P

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Just ask Lex about how much stuff about voice actors I know.

I dare anyone to get into a trivia contest about ATLA, Farscape or Dragon Age with me.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

She saw the newest Hobbit film three times (at least) in the first week of its release, and that didn't surprise me one bit, because she did the same for the first two films as well. What did surprise me was that she flew to England to attend the world premiere. And I don't mean that she actually got to go inside the cinema - she travelled all the way there just to stand near the red carpet so she could catch a glimpse of the stars and get a few autographs.

Her bedroom (at her mother's house) is absolutely covered in LoTR memorabilia. Her computer's desktop wallpaper has been something Hobbit related for the last few years, without fail. She has all the extended edition DVDs and many of the video games - not forgetting the books, of course, some of which she has in both English and Finnish.

And if you think all that amounts to just fandom, not geekery, you'd be wrong. Ask her anything you like about any of the Middle Earth stories and she'll have an answer for you. Go look in the Hobbit thread if you don't believe me. Then come back here and vote for her :P
She sounds deserving, indeed. I was known as "The LotR Geek" in my senior year of high school, and I couldn't tell you how many times I've read the various Tolkien books, but beyond a few posters (not currently up) and an Elvish cloak brooch, I can't really boast of a Middle-earth bedroom.

I do have multiple copies of the books, though, and would love to have first editions of all of them ("The Silmarillion" and "The Book of Lost Tales: Part One" are all I have on that front).

I like to think I make up for these shortcomings with my extreme geekiness on other fronts, such as my obscene comic collection (mostly Marvel, I confess), the multiple bookshelves of older and more modern classics (Shakespeare, Bronte, Mallory, Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Douglas Adams, Frank Herbert, Michael Moorcock, Lovecraft, Poe, Arthur C. Clarke, Dante, Robert A. Heinlein, Robert Jordan, Jules Verne, Homer, Melville, Rowling, of course, way more I can't think of right now), as well as biographies, autobiographies, philosophy books, stuff on political theory, humor books, school books, religious texts, art books, TV show and film companion books, classic children's stories (e.g. all the "Little House on the Prairie" books, not just the originals written by Laura Ingalls Wilder), Japanese books ... all the anime and games ... and, shit, how do I ever get pussy?

Last edited:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I won't win this, but I'm chuffed people love my nerdiness. I'll embrace it more than ever now! :awesome:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
If geekdom was measured in cracking one off over fictional characters I'd have this fuckin award sewn up I tell you!

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I'm still curious maybe Kuroto knows how to cure dragon sickness. Cos man it's a scary ass disease.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
If geekdom was measured in cracking one off over fictional characters I'd have this fuckin award sewn up I tell you!
challenge accepted

unrelated: I would get into a knife-edge deathmatch with anyone over mass effect trivia

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Not really, but I find making an origami swan helps...

Not really, but I find making an origami swan helps...
H6cuy.gif

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer

These are the most beautiful words that anybody has ever said about me.

giphy.gif

Wait so she can help me solve the cure for dragon sickness?

I would be honoured to help you with your quest to defeat dragon sickness. :salute:

And to all of those who have voted for me (or will vote for me) I promise to live up to this award. Even if I won't win this year, I'll make sure that I'm worth your vote and come back stronger next year.

200.gif

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
That's okay I helped voted for you anyway, the road to curing dragon sickness is ahead.

These are the most beautiful words that anybody has ever said about me.
Beautiful enough to make me vote for you and like you so much more than before! Flintlock's power of persuasion is strong. Kuroto, you have my vote

attachment.php

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
We shoudl....we should be all meta and start a Kuroto fanclub and then out geek her by geeking about her.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
@Groot & Shademp:
200.gif

We shoudl....we should be all meta and start a Kuroto fanclub and then out geek her by geeking about her.

This would mean that I would lose the award, but instead I'd have a fanclub...

200.gif

Top Bottom