• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Confessions & Mishaps

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
^I remember me and my brothers doing dumb little skits, and in one of them Elena is caught slacking off and because she is startled she says "Sorry Mr Tsneg!"

It was a running joke that nobody could pronounce or spell Tseng's name to the point where he'd given up trying to correct them.

XandraH

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Azaret, MizzReno, Ace
During my first playthrough many years ago as a young girl, I somehow heard a rumour that you could resurrect Aerith if you collected 99 tissues, mastered the revive and phoenix materia, and a lot of other bollocks. I did all that, and guess what, no zombie Aerith.

I, like many others, was also in the Tee-seng boat, I cant get used to "Sung" or whatever it is...

I thought Nibelheim was pronounced Nih-bel-heim, not Knee-bel-heim.

I have never been able to sneak past the guards on the 60th floor of the Shinra building. I have to fight them over and over....

I have never been able to defeat Ruby or Emerald weapon, but that's partly because I cba...

Dark Nation

Melodramatic much..
Cooooooold blooooodeddd! :lol:

/Rick James
tumblr_m9jcmt2pAe1ro8ysbo1_500.gif

My play through will have to wait til Sunday but after that it's full steam ahead. I've decided to just play the plane Jane version.

Going full metal retro. :headbang:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
So apparently it's possible to get the buggy stuck in the entrance to the Mythril mines. I somehow managed to get the mesh of the buggy to intersect a vertex/edge of the mesh that defines the entrance to the mines and now can't move the buggy off of it.

And of course this happens while getting Enemy Skills on the second E. Skills materia before I go to Junon, which means I can't progress through the game, and of course I don't have any saves of the buggy not being stuck.

On the other hand, this is one of the reasons game save editors were invented...

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Pics of the stuck buggy below (gotta love the way Steam handles screenshots).

The first two are of the position the buggy was saved in the save file. According to the Black Chocobo save editor, it's at: X: 209288, 209288, Z: 0, angle: 92°.

The second two are of me trying to "drive" the buggy out of the moutain in various directions.

2015_03_25_00004_by_0bsidianfire-d8n2tql.jpg

2015_03_25_00002_by_0bsidianfire-d8n2tqt.jpg

2015_03_25_00008_by_0bsidianfire-d8n2tr0.jpg

2015_03_25_00006_by_0bsidianfire-d8n2tre.jpg

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I have never been able to sneak past the guards on the 60th floor of the Shinra building. I have to fight them over and over....

Same.

I've been playing FFVII for the first time in ages, and it took me like half an hour to unlock the Shinra Mansion safe because I didn't realize I have to confirm each part of the combination with the circle button.

I also can't for the life of me find the shack near Gongaga where the guy who gives you Great Gospel lives. Not that it matters much because I doubt my Aerith will even get to the Limit Level where she can learn it, considering I just got the Keystone and she's still at Limit Level 1.

Last edited:

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
Confession:

I fucking loathe the Great Glacier. My loathing for it comes from my first play through of the game. I was using the official strategy guide trying to figure out where I was going. I wanted to get all of the items and materia in the area. I kept fucking getting lost. Grrr. I finally invested in an off brand strategy guide that actually had clearer maps of the area and that enabled me to finally figure out how to get around the area and collect all the items.

In each subsequent play through, I have just decided to skip collecting every item on the Great Glacier and only bother with picking up the materia before moving on. However, my hatred of this dungeon has not subsided just because of the terrible time I had on my first play through. I feel a sense of dread every time the snowboard mini-game looms upon me.

Lex

Administrator
I consistently forget how to get Alexander. Like which order to go through the screens, what turns to take while snowboarding to make it most efficient. It's probably the only thing in the game I'm kind of unclear on every time I play.

vaderSW1

I can usually find Alexander, but I have never, TO THIS DAY, found Added Cut

I believe I can help you with that!

From the central map (the one where you have to put the stakes down to keep track of what direction you are going). Head to the right (east) from the little cave in the center. You'll go through a snowy path, an icy path, a rocky path, and then come upon a mountain pass. You'll want to take the path that goes south east out of the mountain pass. From there you'll go through a NE-SW angled path and then a NE-SW angled path again before arriving at another mountain pass. Head for the upper right path. You'll then go through a NW-SE angled path and then the next screen is another NW-SE Angled path. It is on this path that you will find the added cut materia. It is buried in the snow near the wall. See the below picture (courtesy of shadow.thebrink.us):

addedcut.jpg

Last edited:

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
I always had difficulties with the glacier in the past. Getting Alexander was the only thing on my mind. Up until recently it was the only area I didn't know perfectly.

In later playthroughs I realised how easy it is to read the map, so I could navigate but I still didn't know where the items were. The map also doesn't tell you about the dodgy path between Snow's Cave and the crossroads. If you know where Added Cut is it's not inconvenient to get, and if you know how to get Alexander you might find it coincidentally: if you approach the spring from the south just get to it from the north crossroads path and you'll pass the Materia on the way; if you approached the springs from the north then you can just get it after you've beaten Snow- go south to the crossroads then straight back up the north path. The only problem is being able to see it! It blends in with the snow quite well.

Since then I've also figured out the best path to take to get all the items (and learned it is impossible to get all the items without passing out once -- which isn't that much of an issue only because leaving the Elixir of Infinity is beneficial).

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
If almost all of us had difficulties in the Great Glacier, I'd say the level designers succeeded. It's supposed to be a vast, bleak, confusing expanse. Even today, with dozens of playthroughs under my belt, I'm still not sure I could find all the items without using a guide. I do know how to get through it as quickly as possible with just the important items (Added Cut, Circlet), however. :)

vaderSW1

If almost all of us had difficulties in the Great Glacier, I'd say the level designers succeeded. It's supposed to be a vast, bleak, confusing expanse. Even today, with dozens of playthroughs under my belt, I'm still not sure I could find all the items without using a guide. I do know how to get through it as quickly as possible with just the important items (Added Cut, Circlet), however. :)

I certainly agree. It doesn't make me hate it any less though. :)

I can usually grab circlet, added cut, and Alexander pretty quickly as long as I have my trusty strategy guide handy. Trying to do it from memory would be impossible.

Lex

Administrator
I remember added cut purely because it's part of the speedrun strat and I raced Flint that one time. If there's one way to stick something deep into memory, it's to do it under pressure :monster:

Alexander however, usually eludes me without a guide (on the first visit I mean, without fainting). And I haven't used a guide for FFVII for years because I know it well enough to 100% it without one, like a lot of people here. I think the area is confusing enough as it is without adding that one-way exit from the area where the Pollensalta lady hangs around.

My brain tells me this is called "area 11" and you get to it from "area 12" (these may be reversed) but that's not in the game, it's from the guide.

vaderSW1

I remember added cut purely because it's part of the speedrun strat and I raced Flint that one time. If there's one way to stick something deep into memory, it's to do it under pressure :monster:

Alexander however, usually eludes me without a guide (on the first visit I mean, without fainting). And I haven't used a guide for FFVII for years because I know it well enough to 100% it without one, like a lot of people here. I think the area is confusing enough as it is without adding that one-way exit from the area where the Pollensalta lady hangs around.

My brain tells me this is called "area 11" and you get to it from "area 12" (these may be reversed) but that's not in the game, it's from the guide.

I've never done a speed run on any Final Fantasy before. It would seem to me that it would be insanely difficult to do so because of the need to level grind. I applaud you and Flintlock for doing so. What were your final times?

I know Final Fantasy VII well enough that I could play through it without the guide except for the Great Glacier as well. I usually need it to help me figure out which turns I should take on the snowboarding and then to remember how to get to the items that I want. I sometimes use it to remember where to get the enemy skills too. I sometimes forget one or two along the way without it.

vaderSW1

10 hours is super impressive! I have to imagine you were massively under leveled though. Sounds like that really affected Flintlock something awful. I applaud you both. I don't think I would ever be willing to put myself under the gun like that. Come to think of it, not sure I would have the time to do that with having a 3 year old running around....:shifty:

RedFFWolf

Donator
While not the Great Glacier itself, afterwards at Gaea's Cliff - years ago, possibly around my first or second time ever playing the game, a "friend" told me about a secret shop you could visit somewhere in the caves - I spent a long time searching for this shop, unable to understand why I could never find it

(Never did finish that save file...never did finish...)

vaderSW1

While not the Great Glacier itself, afterwards at Gaea's Cliff - years ago, possibly around my first or second time ever playing the game, a "friend" told me about a secret shop you could visit somewhere in the caves - I spent a long time searching for this shop, unable to understand why I could never find it

(Never did finish that save file...never did finish...)

So you've never finished Final Fantasy VII at all? You really should give it another shot. I'd recommend going with the Steam version. Or, if you can wait, give the PS4 version a go. Savor and enjoy it for everything that it is. IMO, graphically and musically it has not held up very well over the years. However, the story is still beautifully told and the characters are very compelling.

Top Bottom