• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Spam discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Because were all here maybe?
If your gonna throw the "You have no right to demand this" attitude then really "You have no right to dismiss it" either.

Edman
Smear
Boogy
Lee
manc when he joins
etc
have all been awol since way before acf closed.
This place has passed through word of mouth and partially only because yopy owns it, hence why people have came over.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
You missed out the Arab. Hasn't he been MIA for ages too? Again?

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
Why don't the spammers go make their own forum? It can be nothing but all spam, all the time.

There have been many spam forums made in the past, all of which have failed... why? Because you need a good intake of new posters. Everyone can't be posting all the time.

Think about it, if you have a room and you never open the door and mold starts growing, it just becomes unbearable after a while, so creating a spam environment off of a living breathing forum with a point to it is the best option. Its a breath of fresh air. Its like this, spam needs a seperate forum. And a separate forum needs spam. Spam is like the life blood of a forum. It adds so many more dimensions to what before was a 2D forum about whatever whatever topic it is supposed to be about...

Isabella

Your Mom
Because were all here maybe?
What does that have to do with anything? You all descended on a forum that has nothing to do with spam, doesn't even allow it, and now you want the rules to be changed to suit you? Wouldn't it be easier to create a forum with whatever rules you want?

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
Another reason spam is a good idea. IF its done right its a completely lax environment. The idea of spam beats out general chat any day. General chat always has to be about something so people squirm for ideas and come out with lame stuff and then every post has to support it so hence you have an entire thread that no one really wanted to post but it got posted anyway. Then this continues and pretty soon there's an entire section of threads that shouldn't have really been created.

spam on the other hand, if there's a topic that really needs to be discussed, like politics, then it can. And then people can have the freedom to post that they don't care about the issue and bring up another discussion topic.

Megatron

tits or gtfo
AKA
Moo, Meuterei, Destroyer of Worlds
FINALLY finally, this isn't ACF, and I hate to compare this site, forums, and its members to ACF. I'd also want the people to understand this particular point, and that our policy will differ at various points from that of ACF, concerning spam, new sections, teams, and everything. We're trying as much as possible to make this place fun for both you and everyone else, but some concessions have to be made from time to time.
Considering that you seem to be setting policy based on what you consider to be failures within ACF (I didn't post there, but it's obvious from what you've posted condemning the place - for example, you refuse to create a spam forum due to how you perceived ACF's spam forum) then you should, in fact, expect comparisons. If you find some of those comparisons unfavorable, then obviously you can either choose to ignore them or to change what you're doing here. That part, of course, is up to you, but it's silly to not expect comparisons to be made. Especially since such a high concentration of the membership seems to have migrated here from there.

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
And also its silly to say something as big as there's going to be no spam section at all and expect everyone to shut their mouths and have no repurcussions. That's just silly.

spam's a big deal. :(

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Seems to only be a big deal to the same handful of people who've been complaining the entire time.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
not really.

When the majority of the board starts favoring the idea of a spam section then you might have something.

Megatron

tits or gtfo
AKA
Moo, Meuterei, Destroyer of Worlds
Eh, don't misunderstand me - I don't actually care if a spam section is created or not, the pros and cons are documented far and wide across the internets. They tend to just about balance each other out, in all honesty, but that's not really the point I'm making.

The authoritarian stance of instantly closing threads that discuss a spam forum, or a tits group, or... hell, whatever... that certainly made me raise an eyebrow.

AKA
not really.

When the majority of the board starts favoring the idea of a spam section then you might have something.
Yeah but you closed the thread with a poll didnt you, and now theres a pissing contest about being banned for talking about obvious facts in the most popular thread on this placed after being sent there by mako claiming its the only place to speak freely.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Yop said to close the threads, so I did.

Until he says he wants a poll then there's nothing I can do, but if most of the board wanted it, there wouldn't be the same handful of folks whining about it.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Seriously, why is no, and our forum's policy so hard to understand and accept? We made the Chit Chat thread for that explicit purpose and reasoning. Since we were not having a spam section. Why our wishes can't be accepted and shit is beyond me.

The matter has been answered and determined repeatedly and making thread upon thread asking the same thing when it will do no good is a waste of time and clutters up the boards. That's why he decided to do that. It's old. Just accept the rules and move on. Please.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
The nucleus of TLS was built on members of ACF, but some people are hopping on the bandwagon and trying to turn this place into ACF Mk II, when that wasn't the intention. If it was, we would have spam in place by now.

I also think it does little for the site's image, if it becomes as much a distraction as the spam forum on ACF - which from the way the campaign is being handled I would assume so. ;P

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
Seriously, why is no, and our forum's policy so hard to understand and accept? We made the Chit Chat thread for that explicit purpose and reasoning. Since we were not having a spam section. Why our wishes can't be accepted and shit is beyond me.

The matter has been answered and determined repeatedly and making thread upon thread asking the same thing when it will do no good is a waste of time and clutters up the boards. That's why he decided to do that. It's old. Just accept the rules and move on. Please.

If you kept one thread open there wouldn't be 20 made. :monster:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
The nucleus of TLS was built on members of ACF, but some people are hopping on the bandwagon and trying to turn this place into ACF Mk II, when that wasn't the intention. If it was, we would have spam in place by now.

I also think it does little for the site's image, if it becomes as much a distraction as the spam forum on ACF - which from the way the campaign is being handled I would assume so. ;P
If a spam section gets created here it won't be anything like ACF's spam section at all. I'll put my foot down to ensure that doesn't happen.

Isabella

Your Mom
ACF's spam subculture was known for only giving a shit about themselves and constantly butting heads with staff. If you guys are claiming this time will be different, you aren't doing a good job of demonstrating it.

AKA
No-one ever said anything about making it into ACF spam section so wtf?
Your just stereotyping the idea based on the people/concept FROM acf.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
It's cool the matter has been answered and everything, but obviously people still want to discuss it further. Sure you know, you might have answered it thoroughly, given the forum's official stance on it and everything. But repeatedly closing threads and repeating 'we have given our official answer already' rather than actually addressing what people are saying is just bound to stir the pot, boil the kettle etc etc more and more. I'm not saying you should give in and give the people a spam section, but these kind of responses are just kind pouring fuel on the fire.

EDIT: Just personally, I don't care whether there's a spam section or not. I get by just fine without.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
What's there to discuss if the actual outcome and judgment won't be changed? It's just people trying to convince us that we need one and us saying why and parroting what was said in the past because we don't feel any differently.

It's just a waste of time, and shit. Why discuss the discussed? We've addressed the primary reason for its creation, said "no" and have instead given the users "Chit Chat." I don't know what else you want us to do, aside from just changing our minds :monster:

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
ACF's spam subculture was known for only giving a shit about themselves and constantly butting heads with staff. If you guys are claiming this time will be different, you aren't doing a good job of demonstrating it.

Wanting a simple open discussion on something in a civil manner without having your thread automatically closed is considered a bad thing?

really?

I'm sorry.

What's there to discuss if the actual outcome and judgment won't be changed? It's just people trying to convince us that we need one and us saying why and parroting what was said in the past because we don't feel any differently.

It's just a waste of time, and shit. Why discuss the discussed? We've addressed the primary reason for its creation, said "no" and have instead given the users "Chit Chat." I don't know what else you want us to do, aside from just changing our minds

Perhaps I would like to see what other members feel about the matter?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom