• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

terrible films with soundtracks u can't get enough of

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
i just watched the 50 shades of grey movie now i cannot get away from the music they used in this movie :|

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Why did you see the movie? I'll be honest I enjoy Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Agree. The movie is pretty bad (by several measures) but the soundtrack is on point. I particularly enjoyed Earned It, the Weeknd is my dude.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Why did you see the movie? I'll be honest I enjoy Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding.

my friend and i were bored and stoned and were listening to The Weeknd

but yeah it was pretty bad, but imo not terribly different from how most romances glorify abuse ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also.... the actress who plays Ana is really cute u_u

Twilight is another series of movies with soundtracks I enjoy... Actually, I have a quiet passion for the Twilight movies because I have an affinity for Garbage.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
The only decent thing about the Mortal Kombat movies is the opening music. :headbang:

I know one song isn't a soundtrack but it's true. :P

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Oblivion - I hate to call it a "terrible" film because it honestly wasn't that bad. Lots of style and scope the story was just weak. Either way iirc it got slammed.

The sound track made by M83 for this movie is so good. How the songs were edited into the film was also excellent. I really recommend watching the movie just for how the visuals and sound track come together.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I don't think it counts as "soundtrack" so much as "score" but a guilty pleasure movie of mine is Sphere and the scoring in the movie is absolutely haunting.

Lex

Administrator
Oblivion - I hate to call it a "terrible" film because it honestly wasn't that bad. Lots of style and scope the story was just weak. Either way iirc it got slammed.

The sound track made by M83 for this movie is so good. How the songs were edited into the film was also excellent. I really recommend watching the movie just for how the visuals and sound track come together.

I haven't seen this movie but I love M83 so + on them, everyone should give their stuff a bash.

Fangu

Great Old One
The Devil Wears Prada. The soundtrack isn't really good per se put it fits the movie.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

seconding Lex here - I love M83 and had no idea they were in charge of a film soundtrack!

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Batman Forever, though to be fair it's not the worst film ever. If you kinda switch off and just watch it for what it is it's a relatively entertaining family/kids movie, mostly because of Jim Carey being Jim Carey.

The soundtrack's pretty good though.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I listen to the soundtracks of both games of Square Enix(mainly KH and FF-mostly FFVII and the it's Compilation Titles) and the movies that I love.

While I'm not an Avengers fan, I recently picked up on listening to most of the tracks of Avengers: Age of Ultron and pretend it's soundtrack to one of my fanfic titles unrelated to Marvel.

These also help me think with my studies.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Alien Resurrection, I actually like the film minus a few things.

2:25-3:00 is my fav part.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe

Just bumping this thread to remind everyone that the soundtrack and visuals of this movie are still topnotch to this day lol.

If you liked Tron Legacy's visuals and how it was meshed perfectly with the visuals this is the next best thing. It's the same director and he worked with M83 the same way he did with Daft Punk to make sure it all came together well.

Here's a shitty fan music video of one of the songs+visuals lol.
I tried finding one of the really good scenes that show cases how it all meshes together so well , but sadly my top picks weren't on YT and the next best ones have massive spoilers and the other one is legitimately the last few scenes in the movie lol.

Here is another song off the soundtrack

Last edited:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
The only decent thing about the Mortal Kombat movies is the opening music. :headbang:

I know one song isn't a soundtrack but it's true. :P
That first movie was awesome. Annihilation on the other hand is a different story. And I LOVE the song that played during the Johnny Cage/Scorpion fight.

Top Bottom