Shadow of the Colossus

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Re: [split] Shadow of the Colossus

Actually, Shadow of the Collosus did go Greatest Hits here in the states. :monster: The gameplay is what makes it awesome.

Oh and I could tell you why they have to die, but that would ruin the ending. :P

firehahahahahaha

fire master

The story is left mostly open endedly for the player to decide. And you can get power ups after you beat the game :elmo:. Soundtrack goes with the game perfectly, and the end is amazing. Keep playing.

ForceStealer

Double Growth

[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=202.msg5480#msg5480 date=1231000537]I mean, what are those collossi, and why do they have to die? Story's not really deep or explanatory so far, dunno.[/quote]

It never gets too explanatory, but you do learn that. Also, questioning why these largely-peaceful giants need to be killed is a major part of the experience.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

It doesn't really need to be overly explanatory, either. It's a fairly straightforward concept that nevertheless makes sense once you figure it out.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

I've been wanting to buy that game for some time now.

I finally did just now. :duhard:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Awesome. If you need help on any of the collosi let me know. :)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

I just beat the first flying thingy and the big 'un in the cave (?), especially the latter wasn't too hard to figure out. Probably also due to the experience with the giant giraffe thingy, which I had to look up 'cause I could never figure it out, :/.

I noticed it (the giraffe) stayed in front of one of the caves after you went inside it, so I figured you'd have to run really hard and jump on his earring thingies, but he was always a bit faster, :/. Had to look it up, isn't instantly obvious and it takes a bit of patience. Jumping in the latest dude (I think it's the sixth)'s beard is the lulz, :monster:

It's convenient that all the colossi are furry btw, :monster:.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

I only had to look up a couple colossi. It may take you a while but you can do it. :) It's more fun when you don't use a guide.

Also beard is fun. I had hard time with that guy because I kept wanting to run up his arm. XD

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

Yeah, that seems the first logical choice since they're furry and low, :monster:.

I beat the eight (or ninth?) one, I am far too awesome for this game. The wall crawling one seemed to take quite a lot of time in my experience, probably has to do with walking around. The big four-legged one (as in, bigger than the previous ones, they're all big really :monster: ) is lulzy to beat, he looks quite dorky :monster:.

Seriously, they should make a sequel with a less vague storyline, moar epicness, and larger camera angles so you can actually see what the colossus you're currently humping is doing to get rid of you. The landscape's also pretty empty, but that's most likely due to technical limitations.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

My copy arrived today.

DAMN, the landscape is pretty vast. :o
There's some really beautiful places in the game (like that forest with the lake behind it or the other lake to the east of the shrine where there's some sort of waterfall)
And the colossi....are pretty colossal. :P
I liked the flying one, that was the most epic for me so far (just beat the sixth one).
I figured out the giraffe-one almost immediately for some reason. I just thought that they probably didn't add the tunnels for the lulz and entered them. When I saw it peeking in one of the entrances I immediately saw what to do. :monster:
I had to look up the sixth one. Yeah, shame on me. D=
Those arses tricked me by making his hands furry! D=<

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Giraffe? For some reason I always thought of it as a Zebra. XD Don't ask how.

If you liked the bird one wait until you get to the 13th colossus. :monster:

Also, lol:
[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pz-u4DDXZao"]YouTube - Shadow of the Colossus 2 ps3 trailer 2009[/ame]

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

That's got to be my fave, next to the sandworm you shoot in the eye and the dog one. :)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

So I hopped on my horse and ran towards this huge ass cliff and jumped off at full speed to make a truly badass jump down that cliff into the lake.
I then found out the lake wasn't even knee-deep. :monster:
*random story that happened on my way to #6*

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

I think I know what lake you are talking about. I ended up purposely falling down the cliff because I couldn't figure out how to get down. The horse ended up finding a way on it's own because it eventually came after me totally tweaking out. lol

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

Yeah I still don't know how Agro managed to get down there.... :-\

The sandworm was creepy. He was so fast and I freaked out when those huge eyes were right behind me. :duhard:
I just beat the 11th one. Pretty sure he is the smallest, he wasn't even all that colossal! :P
And I kinda felt sorry for him when I had to scare him with the fire. Aww, poor doggy! xD

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

#3 was pretty awesoem, 13 was the last one I beat, and was (imho) pretty tricky to get onto. Wasn't too hard to figure out how to get him to get down though, :monster:.

Also, #11 is the smallest I think, and #14 is of a similar size (and type, actually), but a tad larger. That's also a tricky one, takes a while before you get into position (and it's annoying when you die when you're finally there, :@).

I beat #14 yesterday, only 2 more to go, zomg.

firehahahahahaha

fire master

lol I fell down that cliff too. I was trying to get the fruit on a tree and tried climing on the tree and fell. Still got the fruit though :D.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

On that, I grabbed one of the birds that hang around in the big temple thingy (where you start) by accident, they flew me around for like, a foot, :monster:.

Lulzy details, they should've added more.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=202.msg6495#msg6495 date=1231340827]
Yeah I still don't know how Agro managed to get down there.... :-\ [/quote]

I think I eventually figured it out. Since Agro got down there I assumed there must be a way. lol

The sandworm was creepy. He was so fast and I freaked out when those huge eyes were right behind me. :duhard:

That one took me a while to figure out what I was supposed to do. But once it did it was awesome. I just love love LOVE the ones where you have to use Agro and run really fast on him. I think the fact that you have a horse is one of the main reasons why I love this game. :monster:

I just beat the 11th one. Pretty sure he is the smallest, he wasn't even all that colossal! :P
And I kinda felt sorry for him when I had to scare him with the fire. Aww, poor doggy! xD

It's a kitty! lol

The 14th is the dog one.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=202.msg6602#msg6602 date=1231367133]
That one took me a while to figure out what I was supposed to do. But once it did it was awesome.
[/quote]

Yeah, I thought you had to do something with the rocks, probably due to associations with sandworms in Dune and the fact they couldn't get to you on rock. But then I ran away fgj and got him.

Or it was the hint the Epic Voice in the Sky that Nobody Can Actually Comprehend because They Invented Some Odd Language so They Didn't have to Hire Expensive Voice Actors gave me, :monster:.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=202.msg6602#msg6602 date=1231367133]
[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=202.msg6495#msg6495 date=1231340827]
Yeah I still don't know how Agro managed to get down there.... :-\ [/quote]

I think I eventually figured it out. Since Agro got down there I assumed there must be a way. lol

That one took me a while to figure out what I was supposed to do. But once it did it was awesome. I just love love LOVE the ones where you have to use Agro and run really fast on him. I think the fact that you have a horse is one of the main reasons why I love this game. :monster:

It's a kitty! lol

The 14th is the dog one.
[/quote]

The other one looked pretty dog-like to me too =P

And you were right, I did love the 13th one.
It was so friggin huge...and I loved jumping off of Agro onto its...wings..or fins...w/e. And then climbing on top of it. Pretty epic battle.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

13 is the best, imho. :monster:

Also I forgot to add that I also love the geyser one. I have a set pattern that I run to get the colossus to go right where I want him to, and I find it endlessly amusing to run back and forth on Agro's back.

[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=202.msg6573#msg6573 date=1231364238]
On that, I grabbed one of the birds that hang around in the big temple thingy (where you start) by accident, they flew me around for like, a foot, :monster: .

Lulzy details, they should've added more.
[/quote]

XD DUDE! I had no idea you could do that!

But GAH I can't try it because I let my cousin borrow my copy! D:

Top Bottom