• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

AvecAloes

Donator
rmQWhoi.jpg

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
@Flint: What world map? We've literally seen nothing of the actual game except for cut-scenes. And even in the cut-scenes the original XIII Verses looked amazing. Which is pretty much all we've seen at the moment.

I'm not really going to be going crazy over this until we get any game play footage as I've been pretty fine with SE's storytelling, cut-scene prowess, and CGI in recent games. It's the direction they've taken the gameplay (combat mechanics in particular) in that I have a problem with. And given that that's one of the things I liked about FFVII so much...

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
@Flint: What world map? We've literally seen nothing of the actual game except for cut-scenes. And even in the cut-scenes the original XIII Verses looked amazing. Which is pretty much all we've seen at the moment.
Exactly - what world map? Will there be one in the game at all, or will it be like Final Fantasy XV with all the monsters roaming around? That's what I want to find out. It was a post of curiosity rather than excitement for one moment. :P

Ghost X

Well, after watching that trailer, I think it is confirmed that SE has a direct line into my emotional interior that evades all initial critical thinking :P. *giddy* I recall being as excited with the initial trailers of AC. The differences make me curious, hopeful, and anxious all at once. What will be added? What will be cut? What will the changed?

I'm impressed with most of the visuals. Midgar looks too "clean" for my liking though, as Edge was in AC. Needs more dirt and grit. It needs to appear like FFVII with better graphics :P. (Edit - Upon viewing the high definition trailer, it doesn't look as bad as my first take). I really liked the parts that evoked the experience of a busy living city, as opposed to the parts that communicated a cold clean crisp one. May just be the difference between the slums and what is above the plate? Hunger games anyone? :P. I hope they come up with some fresh music too. AC music does little for me any more. Even if they do change it, I'm rather pessimistic as to what will appear in the end product. I think I have creative differences in that regard with production :P. I imagine FFVII completely differently to them.

Despite that, I certainly look forward to a re-imagining of everything. Especially the Safer Sephiroth battle. It'll be interesting to see how they handle Aerith's death as well. It'll probably never have the same impact as the original. I just hope it ain't corny and contrived.

I'm probably being too optimistic with my desires and expectations :awesome:.

Also, it might be possible that a lot of this footage is just for show, and won't appear in the final product.

Last edited:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
OMG you're back. Is this real?

i was going to say that i am bound to this hellish fandom like sisyphus but i'm filled with childlike joy for the first time in years and am unable to make cynical jokes. i'm 10 years old again and crying, how could this happen....

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Telecontar2, I do not apologize for sigging you.

Because there is always HOPE.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Pretty hype! :D

I'm surprised it's not just a PlayStation 4 exclusive (FFVII was part-published by Sony, right?)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i was going to say that i am bound to this hellish fandom like sisyphus but i'm filled with childlike joy for the first time in years and am unable to make cynical jokes. i'm 10 years old again and crying, how could this happen....
hold me zee

it's time

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The Slums looked dingy! And much better than they did in Crisis Core.

And the Upper Plate looked AWESOME. If the game has bonus sidequests, please let there be some on the Plate. It looked like Tokyo.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I feel like I'm going to throw up. I literally haven't been this excited for a video game since I was in high school.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I've said over and over again I am against a remake.

But. I screamed and flipped my shit at this announcement. I might be more rational tomorrow but right now I'm just soaking it in. Just... shit.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Does anybody even know what they showed after FFVII. I couldn't concentrate and I literally walked out the room overwhelmed.

I don't even... what... holy shit.

Top Bottom