FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Well this would be only decent. Aeris should definitely be kept alive. that's actually my first wish regarding the remake.

The second one is they keep "This guy are sick." intact.

Aeris should definitely die, but I could be on board with "this guy are sick" for the Lolz.

Also, I just thought of this but, FFXIII is over, FFXIV is going strong (I love that game), FFXV looks promising, KH3 is happening, and now a FFVII remake? I smell an SE comeback, y'all!

Lex

Administrator
Aerith not dying would utterly destroy the entire spirit of this game. I have no idea why I keep seeing people request that. The fact that she dies is literally one of the most important plot points in FF history.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
This thread is being derailed by shippers, I do not like it Blade-I-am.
I do not like it on this Forum.
I do not like it on my Tumblr.
I will not like it with lolCat.
I do not like it with Neckbeard.

I do not like it Blade-I-am.
I will not allow Shipper fan spam.

P.S. Weren't you supposed to go to sleep, Lex?

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
I know. It's just a childhood dream of mine. God I'm remembering now all those endless hours trying to resurrect her. I know what kind of impact it would have to the compilation and the original plot as a whole - I have no expectation that this will be actually carried out in the remake. It's purely nostalgia, at least in my case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsAHfrBr_4c

clowd

Pro Adventurer
Think about this for 1 second. Final Fantasy VII with Final Fantasy XV's open world gameplay.

Walking from Midgar to Kalm done at 1/100 scale instead of 1/10,000 scale like the original game.

My word they could make it better then the original.

Seeing Hojo, Biggs, Wedge, Jessie, Heideggar, Scarlett, President Shinra, and so many others in proper full HD for the first time.

This will be glorious.

And just think about all the younger generation who never played FFVII before. I bet the vast majority of gamers 20 and younger never played the game. This is their chance to experience for the first time what we did in 1997. Who cares that some things are spoiled, Aeris death was spoiled for me back in '97 and I still loved the crap out of the game. I think it will be the same for them.

This is going to be awesome - theres essentially no way they can screw this up bad enough for it to not be any fun at all. Now, the trick is to make it just as good, and hopefully better then the original.

Bring it on!!

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
That would imply changes to a lot more than just the ending. :monster:

Oh god...

Cloud is your hand in Aeris's back?

*Falsetto: Whatever do you mean? I'm not dead, see?

Actually that kind of explains all the revival rumors.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
@clowd: Or they could completely fuck it up, but we'll always have the original. :) I'm really approaching this with a "nothing to lose" attitude. I think it's the only chance I have of keeping my sanity.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
I could dig the action game style. I have a soft spot for the old turn based gameplay and would love it if the remake kept a variation of that. But kicking ass action combat style with the FF7 cast sounds pretty great too. Definitely excited to see all the chracters come to life as well.

Lex

Administrator
We need to be open to change, and I think that's the hitch for some people. You guys know me, I've never been fully here or there when it comes to the remake but when I thought they were announcing it back in December I realised how badly I really wanted it.

So I'm open to change. I would like to see something close to the original battle system, but I pretty much accept that it's going to be action based. I'm interested to see what they're going to do with materia in that context.

I have no idea how they're going to handle the world map. It's not impossible for them to go semi-open world with the game and still have the highwind and stuff, consider flying mounts in XIV or even planes in GTA. It's not too inconceivable is it?

OMG what about the submarine and underwater? Ffffffffff so much to think about.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I have no idea how they're going to handle the world map. It's not impossible for them to go semi-open world with the game and still have the highwind and stuff, consider flying mounts in XIV or even planes in GTA. It's not too inconceivable is it?

OMG what about the submarine and underwater? Ffffffffff so much to think about.

So long as it's not this:

FFX_Airship_Menu_PS3.png

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I said it before, I'll say it again:

If Cloud can wield "First Tsurugi" and actually use all its sub weapons and maybe even dual wield it in battle during the infamous "Shinra Collapse" scene in AC...

I will be happy.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I've woken up and my newsfeed on facebook had exploded.

I can't believe it this is the BEST news to wake up to ever!

Now all I can think about is how beautiful my favourite cutscenes like the motorcycle chase scene are gonna look.....and how I need to go out and buy a PS4 now.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
It's probably only a timed exclusive for the PS4 but I mean... for real I feel like playing FFVII on anything other than a PS is blasphemy of the highest order. And I say this as a person who occasionally plays it on PC XD

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
I have neither owned a console since PS2, and now I've got to buy one. And a television. Just shut up and take my money!

Maybe "ideas and hopes concerning remake -thread" would be in order? I can neither put my thoughts together right now.

Lex

Administrator
I've come to tell you this... I slept and after waking up, everything is still amazing!!! :excited::excited::excited:

Ok this is confirmation that it's safe to go to sleep. We all need to listen to this wise man.

Unless you were sent by an enemy? The paranoia is real. Who are you and why are you making it ok to go to bed :closedmonster:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Why not something in between action and turn based? This still impresses me:

As long as I can control the party (or switch control) to a different party member, I will be happy.

Lex

Administrator
There absolutely will be. I was thinking about this earlier, they'll probably do a really expensive rare collectors thing and I'm buying it. If they do a VII themed PS4 or Vita, I'm buying them. I'm buying it all. I've already written out a finance spreadsheet to ensure I've got the money put away. I don't care if it's a model of clouds toenail in a cardboard box with the words "kullekturs eddishun" scribbled on it, I am going to own it no matter how much it costs.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
There absolutely will be. I was thinking about this earlier, they'll probably do a really expensive rare collectors thing and I'm buying it. If they do a VII themed PS4 or Vita, I'm buying them. I'm buying it all. I've already written out a finance spreadsheet to ensure I've got the money put away. I don't care if it's a model of clouds toenail in a cardboard box with the words "kullekturs eddishun" scribbled on it, I am going to own it no matter how much it costs.

Second to that, amen.

Top Bottom