• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #40: Ask Fangu anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
In this forum tradition we give a specific member a thread for a week in which they can share whatever information they want about themselves, then answer whatever questions the public asks them. It's sort of an expansion on the "Let's get to know each other" thread by, well, giving one member the spotlight. More information on the concept can be found here.

This week's participant is [member=3867]Fangu[/member], who has elected to share the following information:

Sup guys, I'm Fangu, 34 year old female from Norway. I stumbled upon this forum in 2011 after seeing Advent Children, and kind of (lol) stuck around. At the time I had just gone back to school to study Computer Science to pursue a career in IT (I used to worked in logistics.) As a student working night shifts in telecom I had a looot of time to spend on this board, so I did. In 2012 I halped build the template that the TLS front page uses today by writing n00b PHP, but I have since stepped down as Front Page Developer, explained in some post somewhere I can find, but tl;dr time, plus I now work with this stuff as a developer (web programming; .NET, JavaScript, etc if that means anything to you). I love the subject but the profession itself can be kind of draining, for a million of reasons. But yeah I used to live here, getting to know a bunch of lovely people, hanging out on Skype, on IRC, and I've met Yop IRL twice.

I hadn't played a lot of games until my then boyfriend introduced me to newer gen consoles in 2010-ish. Since then I've enjoyed several, most worth mentioning the Uncharted series, Valkyria Chronicles, and of course Final Fantasy games. In 2012 one of the guys I was writing my bachelor thesis with lent me Final Fantasy XII, which was a grand day in my life. I loved the game from the very first cutscene and have since then probably spent 1000 hours or so playing various versions of the game. In 2013/2014 I attempted an 'XII in a day' playthrough - I think I had 3 attempts. The first one had me all the way to The Undying before I had to call it quits. That was 13 hours something. Right now I'm trying to learn a speedrun route for this very game. Obsessing over things, learning them by heart, is something I love to do because my memory isn't excellent - I tend to need 'coat hangers' to put stuff I learn on, so mapping the run in my head, remembering the tiniest detail, feels good.

I've also written tons of XII fanfic, and some other fanfic too. Learning English better was another obsession I had a couple of years back. I've also taken up drawing over the recent years, but I don't do it that often anymore. When I was a teenager I used to ride a horse 4 times per week. I've recently started riding again, which is such a great stress reliever: The fresh air, the routine, the smell of pony I used to run a lot (I ran a half marathon in 2012) but don't do so that often - I've taken up strength exercises instead (there's a gym right next to my job.) I also like going on hikes.

Personality wise I'm not very good with people, but I do care for them, and I want to understand them. I guess it's why I ended up in technology anyway - people can be stressful to navigate, tech stuff at least has set rules. Well, mostly anyway. I have a temper and I know I can be difficult to work with sometimes. (I have been described as scary more than one time on the Interwebz ) I have recently learned I'm able to care for people and make them feel loved, which for many years I didn't think I could. Which is related to the next point.

I'm currently living alone for the first time in my life. When I was 20 I moved out from my mother's house into an apartment with 4 other people that I didn't know, which turned into quite the success story: I moved in with one of the girls a couple of years later, living with her for a year until my best friend from high school took her place. Four years later I moved down to Oslo where I'm currently living to live with my ex (to TLS people known as 'BF', my partner', and recently just 'T' (or 'my ex')), and to work, as I had just finished my first engineering degree. Seven years gone by I've moved out from the ex into a small apartment I've decorated from scratch. It's been an exhausting, soul shaking, liberating experience - I haven't talked too much about it on the open part of the forums, but I've been coping with the break up (which happened in March) while getting to know someone knew, which I also happen to work with. (We didn't start dating properly until this summer.) So far we've told a couple of colleagues (or they've sniffed it out) and the first response is always a version of 'but is this wise?' And I guess that's where I want to say that you never plan life. When I got together with my ex, he was the Love Of My Life. Like, blood, sweat and tears, nothing could ever replace this kind of passion. This was It. And for many years I held on to that feeling, even when our differences in personalities were slowly destroying our liking for each other, our ability to live together. When I met him, we spent two years in a long-distance relationship, and what did people say then? 'But is this wise?' So fuck being wise, I say. Do what feels right. I finally feel like I've met someone I don't have to put a lot of work into adapting my personality to be with. Being with him feels effortless, organic. Because he's alike me on many levels, there's a lot that doesn't need hours and hours of explaining.

I'll try my best to reply, probably like once per day. We have a major product release at work this Wednesday but my weekend is fairly unscheduled. My almost-boyfriend and I are trying to learn how to ignore each other so he'll probably bring his laptop over this weekend. (Knowing when and how to ignore each other is vital for being able to live together! Finally I have met someone who agrees with me 100% on this )

So yeah, um. Ask me anything. No questions are off limits. The more personal, the more interesting :monster:

Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. This thread will be up for approximately a week before we move onto our next participant. :monster:

Ghost X

In a hypothetical universe, would going on a reality TV dating show be completely off the cards for you?

In the real universe, what's your favourite nut and/or legume?

What do you reckon is the furthest you've ever walked or run in one go?

Have you gone sky-diving, and if not, would you?

What is the furthest you've ever fallen / height jumped from unaided?

Have much of a clue about the local visual arts scene where you are? Is there a good painting culture there that you're aware of?

Is there any particular encounter with wildlife you've had that sticks in your memory? If so, do describe (as many memories as you wish).

Is there a song(s) that always makes you cry, or has some similar intense emotional kind of thing effect on you? If so, what is it?

What's a place in the world you'd most like to visit?

What's a place in the world you'd least like to visit?

What is your opinion of sour confectionery?

What is your favourite production from the Weimar era of cinema?

Do you think fan fiction is a phrase that you have passed through, and if so, what purpose did it serve?

Why is your English so good?

Salted licorice - better than the sweet kind?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
If you could have a single wish granted, what would you wish for? (None of that MORE WISHES nonsense)

If you were an rpg character, what class would you be? (White Mage, Druid, Summoner, Ranger, etc)

Similarly, what would your weapon be and how would it be unique?

If you somehow adopted a pair of twins tomorrow, what would you name them? (Male/Female)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life what would it be? In other words what would be your default outfit? :monster:

What have you got in your pockets right now? Or handbag?

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
If you had to pick a top favorite section of FF XII, which one would that be?
Did you get to play Valkyria Chronicles II & III?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
What's your favorite number?
Do you often use your favorite number for things because it makes you feel lucky?

Who was your first crush?

Do you like wearing skirts and dresses or are you not into feminine clothes?

What's you favorite kind of car/truck? You can base it on just looks if you'd like.

If you could turn into a bird, would you? What kind of bird would it be?

Trying to keep these questions random for the fun of it. :D

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Have you seen Star Wars? What did you think of it in relation to FF12?

Do you want to punch me for asking that question?

Favourite Norwegian author?

You have thirty eight seconds until a dragon attack. What do you do?

Is Norway as awesome a country as everyone thinks it is?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So yeah, um. Ask me anything. No questions are off limits. The more personal, the more interesting :monster:

tumblr_mimdhc3GWp1s6our6o1_500.gif

How did your first experience with cunnilingus go?

How/when did you have sex for the first time?

Have you ever kissed another girl? If not would you like to? :awesome:

Fangu

Great Old One
Okay guys sorry for being so ridiculously slow. Work is exhausting these days. Last night I fell asleep at like 7 pm, woke up at 11 then went to bed again at 12 >_>
In a hypothetical universe, would going on a reality TV dating show be completely off the cards for you?
Hm. I think those kind of shows are more for personal show-off than to learn anything from the experience... or, I guess you learn a lot about TV productions and I believe you learn from any experience, but perhaps you wouldn't learn that much about dating. So... no?

In the real universe, what's your favourite nut and/or legume?
In food: Cashew nuts.
For health: Brazil nuts.
But there is a special place in my heart for pecan nuts :joy:

What do you reckon is the furthest you've ever walked or run in one go?
I think the half marathon I did in 2012 was the longest - don't think I've ever gone on a hike that was longer than 21 km, at least not in one go. (Must have been a two hour break in between, and imo that doesn't count as "one go".)

Have you gone sky-diving, and if not, would you?
I haven't, and I guess if I was dared/ the timing was right, I might. I used to be scared of rollercoasters, but I've gotten over it - I think you can get over any kind of related fears.

What is the furthest you've ever fallen / height jumped from unaided?
When I was 11 or whatnot I jumped from the 5 meter platform at the swimming pool. I only did it once - stood there for ages until I finally managed to crawl up to the edge and jump off. I remember telling myself "you are asking for 3 seconds of your own life. 3 seconds. That much you can do?" (I'm scared of heights.)

Have much of a clue about the local visual arts scene where you are? Is there a good painting culture there that you're aware of?
I'm sorry but I have no idea!!

The son of a friend of mine is a painter though. Christer Karlstad. I love his stuff.

Is there any particular encounter with wildlife you've had that sticks in your memory? If so, do describe (as many memories as you wish).
Any memory from being on a horse up far in the mountains or the woods, really. Wait - there was one time when I was 14 I was with my friend on this ride with this guy who had 6 horses. We took 4 of them, 3 to ride and 1 to carry food and supplies. Spent the night at a cabin by the lake. But that's not what I remember - it's when there was a group of reindeer passing by on the other side of a cliff. There were thousands of them, took them several minutes for the entire herd to pass. That was great.

Is there a song(s) that always makes you cry, or has some similar intense emotional kind of thing effect on you? If so, what is it?
There must be several... right now I can't think of a single one :( But music I've jogged to usually puts me in some kind of mood, but that's mostly all good.

I'll chew on this one :)

What's a place in the world you'd most like to visit?
Hm. I don't think I have any on my list atm... Australia perhaps? :desu:

Also, Vietnam and Taiwan. I got a taste for South East Asia when I was there in 2013. Perhaps a tour one day?

What's a place in the world you'd least like to visit?
Any place that will remind me of the gross inequalities in the world, particulary when it comes to gender inequality.

What is your opinion of sour confectionery?
I LOVE IT!!

What is your favourite production from the Weimar era of cinema?
I had to look that one up :P Haha :lol: What??

Fangu

Great Old One
Do you think fan fiction is a phrase that you have passed through, and if so, what purpose did it serve?
Hm, interesting.

Fan fiction served a very important purpose a couple of years back. I was unhappy in my relationship (but didn't know at the time), was working a job where I wasn't seen or were given trust. I had a lot on my mind and fan fiction slash learning English became an outlet. It was a way for me to dive into something for hours and hours, staying focused. It was also a great challenge to take on and to some degree, succeed in. I used to draw a lot as a kid, and this in many ways was getting back into that state of creativity.

I've actually been thinking recently that I need to get back into writing. When you feel like you're mastering it, it's the best feeling in the world.

Why is your English so good?
Oh you :desu:

It's not as good any more though, it takes practice to keep it up :( I think talking to people on Skype has been the one thing that's been the most important for making progress. The next is those fanfics I've written, rewriting them 50 times, looking up stuff, getting feedback, etc.

But the answer is - the Internet. (The fact that stuff isn't dubbed but subtitled in Norway halps - the average Norwegian can understand and make themselves understood in English, but when it comes to explaining stuff in detail, abstract stuff etc, the average person is just okay. In my opinion :P

Salted licorice - better than the sweet kind?
I actually like both, but as a Scandinavian, I have to go for the salty one :lol:

Fangu

Great Old One
If you could have a single wish granted, what would you wish for? (None of that MORE WISHES nonsense)

Ouch... questions like these are so hard. If the question had "a single wish for personal gain" it would be easy to come up with something... but if I was to be given a single wish that includes helping humanity in some way... I'd have to. And then comes all these questions like... what is the best way to help humanity? Grandmothers for presidents?

Um... to wish I'd never gotten that wish? :P

If you were an rpg character, what class would you be? (White Mage, Druid, Summoner, Ranger, etc)
Green Mage, I think. I really like buffs, and debuffs even more :lol: My favourite role in FFXIII is Saboteur, so... that, or tank. Tank sounds like fun. "You can't hurt me! loooool!"

Similarly, what would your weapon be and how would it be unique?
I think it'd have to be some kind of spell? Stun everyone that comes within 5 meter range... or fry them... or put Protect on all allies nearby? Something like that.

If you somehow adopted a pair of twins tomorrow, what would you name them? (Male/Female)
Haha! Good question :) Ehm. Balthier and Fran?? Let me chew on it for a second...

Fangu

Great Old One
If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life what would it be? In other words what would be your default outfit? :monster:
Bwaha best question evar XD

Jeans, t-shirt, some kind of cardigan, black leather sneakers. And a comfy jacket. And scarf :joy:

What have you got in your pockets right now? Or handbag?
Pockets: Nothing - in fact these jeans only have back pockets X) Handbag... band aids (if shoes turn nasty on me), tampons, keys, card holder with credit/debit cards, headphones, pen, lipgloss, nail clippers :P

Fangu

Great Old One
If you had to pick a top favorite section of FF XII, which one would that be?
Oof! Hard!

Story wise: It might be the part where you cross into Salikawood, and go further into the woods to reach Necrohol of Nabudis. There's this sense of "this used to be an important road, but since Nabudis blew up it's reduced to moss" - it's kind of a throwback to 'greater times', which is a trope I love.

The final battle is great too.

Jahara! Definitely Jahara.

Oh, and contrary to a lot of players, I loved reaching Archades. I love how oblivious the people there are, I love how you crawl into Old Archades from a dungeon (and a hard one too.)

Gameplay wise: Subterra, maybe. It's one of those places where instant death is lurking around the corner. I'd put the Great Crystal in the same category. (Damn you Hell Blaster!) Oh, and that hidden part of Henne Mines. Needless to say I love playing every part of that game :P

Did you get to play Valkyria Chronicles II & III?
Nope... and I kind of don't want to. I am far too much in love with the original game, everything else but that one will feel like a cheap copy to me I'm afraid :(

Fangu

Great Old One
What's your favorite number?
Do you often use your favorite number for things because it makes you feel lucky?
It's a four digit number and I couldn't tell you because I use it as my PIN on a lot of stuff :wacky:

I guess I kind of like it, even if it doesn't feel 'lucky' in any way.

Who was your first crush?
There as this boy in my class when I was 11 or whatnot. Turned out he was my third cousin and I didn't know. I was so disgusted :lol: Thankfully he'd turned me down before then.

When I was 18 I met him outside a club and he said some seriously nasty things to me. Years later I understood he was actually keen. lol.

Anyway he's this super masculine ice hockey biker type. Not my type at all.

Do you like wearing skirts and dresses or are you not into feminine clothes?
I like wearing heals with jeans, also with the occasional skirt, I guess. Due to my line of work I tend to dress in jeans and sneakers the most. But today I'm actually wearing heals with my jeans. And my 'I love cylons' t-shirt :P

But yeah I like dressing up once in a while, but then I like to do the whole thing - spend 1.5 hours on my make up, wear false lashes, etcetera. I like dresses the most when my weight is in the lower digits though. Well, I guess that goes for all kind of clothes.

I just bought a black leather skirt in size 38. Working on trying to fit into it :P

What's you favorite kind of car/truck? You can base it on just looks if you'd like.
Anything with a sporty engine, I guess. But myself I drive a Toyota Corolla, lol. It's kind of spry though. It's a 1.4 litre 120 horses and it's kind of light, so it's alright.

If you could turn into a bird, would you? What kind of bird would it be?
One that flighs high and slow and lives for a long time.

Trying to keep these questions random for the fun of it. :D
Thank you for the questions, I enjoyed them :D

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Personal questions eh? Okay!

What was the worst date you ever had, including worst sexual encounter?

Do you care for "romance" novels? Did you get into the 50 Shades nonsense?

While we're at it: You ever toy about with BDSM? If so, you a sub or Dom?

Less personal:

Wine, Liquor or Beer?

Salt tooth or Sweet Tooth?

Red meat or white meat? (or No Meat?)

In FF12 did you enjoy faffing about on the airships between cities or were you more of a "get there right away" kind of person?

Fangu

Great Old One
Have you seen Star Wars? What did you think of it in relation to FF12?
Yes, I have, and I absolutely loved the first one I saw when I discovered it on TV late one night when I was around...14? 15? It was 'The Empire Strikes Back' and I was taken by it. Then when the saga was remastered for cinemas in 1997, I saw the whole thing and I loved it.

In relation to FF12... there are similarities, sure. The Han and Chewie thing, the Gabranth thing... but there are probably similarities between FF12 and a lot of other things as well, so I'm not gonna say there's a striking resemblance. Also, SW has space ships. FF12 has air ships :P

Do you want to punch me for asking that question?
Haha! No, not at all.

Favourite Norwegian author?
To be honest I haven't read enough books (in Norwegian) to be able to pick out one specific author. I read several children's books as a child that I enjoyed. I also did like 'Growth of the soil' by Hamsun, but I'm not gonna say he's my favourite author.

So... null?

You have thirty eight seconds until a dragon attack. What do you do?
Um... panic? Try to find a hole in the ground to sink into I guess :lol:

Is Norway as awesome a country as everyone thinks it is?
Yes. I mean, in the terms of benefits and quality of living and such - absolutely. I'm not gonna nitpick small stuff that's worse than other places even though there are things, because generally the Norwegians are well off and have easy, quality lives.

If I was to pick something though, said benefit system can be bureaucratic as hell. The winters are long and cold, and our cuisine sucks.

If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
In my almost-boyfriend's bed with him in it :joy:

tumblr_mimdhc3GWp1s6our6o1_500.gif

How did your first experience with cunnilingus go?
Oh Carlie :lol:

What, you mean first experience with a girl or for me?

Nah, just playing. I've never gone down on a woman.

Yet. :desu:

Well, I guess it was part weird, part exciting and part nice? I have to say though, in my experience, cunnilingus is part effort and part talent. I haven't been blessed with the latter until very recently :wacky:

First boyfriend at age 18. Actually, my first time was actually kind of two times. Because it took the first time for him to poke hole, and the second time for him to be able to move. lol.

Okay moving on...

I have been so lucky to have kissed several girls, one of them many times. She's a very good kisser but it's really weird because her mouth is kind of too small :lol:

I've been her friend since age 4 and sometimes when we're drunk, we kiss for fun. It's actually happened when it was just the two of us, too. But there was nothing sexual about it to be honest, just for fun.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
What made you want to go into software development? Was it much of a transitional leap from telecoms?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Who/What/When/Where was your first kiss? Would you change anything about it?

Re: Your first sxctime, would you change anything about it?

What's a guilty pleasure of yours, for topics including food, music and tv/movies?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Oh Carlie :lol:

:monster:

What, you mean first experience with a girl or for me?

Nah, just playing. I've never gone down on a woman.

Yet. :desu:

Oh you tease. :awesome:

Well, I guess it was part weird, part exciting and part nice? I have to say though, in my experience, cunnilingus is part effort and part talent. I haven't been blessed with the latter until very recently :wacky:

How quickly can you come from it? What advice would you give to someone who would like to try it in the future? :awesome:

First boyfriend at age 18. Actually, my first time was actually kind of two times. Because it took the first time for him to poke hole, and the second time for him to be able to move. lol.

Okay moving on...

Lawls. Did the guy get you anywhere near Nirvana?

I have been so lucky to have kissed several girls, one of them many times. She's a very good kisser but it's really weird because her mouth is kind of too small :lol:

I've been her friend since age 4 and sometimes when we're drunk, we kiss for fun. It's actually happened when it was just the two of us, too. But there was nothing sexual about it to be honest, just for fun.

Damn I wish I had a friend like that. So have you ever been attracted to a girl?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Have you ever stolen anything? (apart from Omega's heart ofc :monster: )

Have you had lutefisk? Is it as gross as it sounds?

Do you have any favourite beauty/bath/shower products?

What is your favourite type of horse?

What is the most annoying thing you've ever encountered on tumblr? :monster:

Do you enjoy your affjordable sveedish krap? Have you any favourite furniture styles?

What is the longest time you have spent assembling furniture? :monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom