• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Halloween Fanworks Contest - Voting

Which Art Piece Is Your Favorite?

• Entry #1 - Howl

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Entry #2 - Crash_Ouch

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Entry #3 - Mage

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Entry #4 - Flare

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
While I am kind of bummed that we had so few entries, I am blown away by the talent on display for those who did participate. I know a few would have put in entries but just barely missed the cut off (my apologies Kionae and Lupin III).

There was only one fanfiction entry so not to cheapen your victory RedFFWolf, but you are going to simply win by default. My reasoning is that your odds of winning a contest would be significantly less versus four pictures which can be looked at here and do not require reading. You put serious effort into making sure a story was put up, so I don't want that to fall through the cracks.

As for the artists, you can now vote for your favorite art piece. Seriously a lot of awesome work on display, simply beautiful pieces of art and a cross-section of the macabre and the silly.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to participate!

===

Entry #1
by: Howl

ghost_of_me__color_variation__by_thetowerofjoy-d99rgu5.jpg

Entry #2
By: Crash_Ouch

ain_t_nothing_scarier_than_____by_xdsaraxd-d9cwi0y.jpg

Entry #3
By: Mage

12038506_10156269908355235_1325528486196432473_n.jpg

Entry #4
By: Flare

judge_zecht_by_bahamutdeusmodus-d9eewu7.jpg

== FANFICTION ==

Entry #1
By: Red FFWolf

The Passion of the Stigma

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I'm seeing it just fine. Anybody else having a problem?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm not seeing Mage's submission either, where is the image hosted?

Also wow you talented so-and-so's, this is a hard choice. :huh:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
I decided to save the image and host it on my FB page, though now it's smaller. My apologies, Mage.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I can see it now!

So Red, I read your fanfic this morning, and I must say I really liked it, you did an awesome job writing that. You definitely have a lot of talent for writing!

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
No worries; it was literally an hour's worth of scribbling and therefore not worthy of the same sort of attention as the other efforts, which have obviously had a lot of love in them. :awesome:

EDIT: Might it be an idea to identify which brief we followed? Mine was number 4 IIRC.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I have no idea what's going on in any of these. Dang artistic impressions :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Mine has some long drawn-out post about it's conception elsewhere that probably would bore the frick out of everyone, but the gist of it is Reddas being haunted by the destruction of Nabudis. :monster:
Howl, I just love yours. I think it's layout looks so awesome (and definitely Amano-esque like Channy said)

RedFFWolf

Donator
Yay :aah: Default victory means no one has to feel like they didn't win!

And no worries, JT! Your reasoning matches my own train of thought. You can't bate a good oul' image. I don't feel like anything's been cheapened at all; in fact, I feel like your sheer appreciation and acknowledgement pumps it up all the more than I could ever have imagined :)
I got a review from FF.net, and that kind of feedback is absolutely priceless. Coupled with the enjoyment I had in writing this, the whole experience has been great. So, thank you for making this contest in the first place!

Good luck to everyone! From people making it happen in the final few days they knew about the contest, to new people making their first post count, and some ingenious execution of the prompts, the contest has pumped out some fine quality in more ways than one :)
Need time before I can cast a vote!

Last edited:

RedFFWolf

Donator
I can see it now!

So Red, I read your fanfic this morning, and I must say I really liked it, you did an awesome job writing that. You definitely have a lot of talent for writing!

dYi5yIX.png
Flare, you must not make me blush in public like that!

Seriously, though, I cannot express my thanks enough for that. It really means a lot to know not just that you've read and enjoyed it, but that you made the effort to let me know about it too. So thank you, thank you and thank you!

(Left a comment on your DeviantArt a while ago - you can likely guess which deviation. Hope you've seen it!)
(You too, Howl!)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^You're certainly welcome, Red! Are you writing your own original novel? I think you could definitely make a good story!

I voted finally. :monster:
I struggled, but I had to vote for Howl's. Your piece is just so beautiful, and I feel like you executed the space much better than mine. I know I rushed mine at the end since I was so busy and ran out of time (even with an extended deadline!), and looking at it now I feel the space wasn't delegated as well as it should've been. I want to shove some things closer together and shape it better, but I can't now and it has to stand on its own. I just feel like mine doesn't stand up as well, almost amateurish, and I keep looking back at how beautiful yours looks Howl, so... my vote goes to you. ^.^

Last edited:

RedFFWolf

Donator
^You're certainly welcome, Red! Are you writing your own original novel? I think you could definitely make a good story!

Ah, shucks again! :properhug:

I am indeed. I have a full notepad laden with ideas and plot. Still lots to flesh out, but I'm going to be starting work on it this week; therefore, all notes and relevant material is stored on the laptop and everything develops from there - first draft material on the way!

I've cast my vote! If I had four votes I'd share the love :awesomonster:, but in a game of favouritism one must slap all but lick the one (that's a saying, right?)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Ah, shucks again! :properhug:

I am indeed. I have a full notepad laden with ideas and plot. Still lots to flesh out, but I'm going to be starting work on it this week; therefore, all notes and relevant material is stored on the laptop and everything develops from there - first draft material on the way!

Wow, you probably have so many more notes than I do for my book. :D You sound like you're prepared, and I can't wait to see what you write!

one must slap all but lick the one (that's a saying, right?)

It is now. :awesome:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Okay, well it was a tough race, but Howl's entry for the Fanart contest is the winner of the Halloween Fanworks Contest! I'll be contacting you soon via PM to get th info for your front page article!

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
The front page article about the winning entries is live!

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
This was a really fun competition! Well done to the winners who did such amazing work, but everything I saw looked awesome, even the ones that weren't quite in time.
Thank you!! :D

Top Bottom