The TLS Awards 2015: Discussion

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The music event will have two polls per day for the next couple of rounds, so feel free to start with the awards whenever you want. :)

Fangu

Great Old One
^ I'd prefer your right :desu:

Unless you're left handed

I don't mean to be a right-hand ableist shitlord

...I'm ruining the mood, aren't I

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Ok a new section has been set up for the duration of the awards and the first 5 polls have gone up. This is how is gonna work, every Sunday I'm going to post 5 polls in the morning and 4 in the evening. This will go on until the last week in which they'll be 4 polls in the morning and 3 in the evening. The polls will be open for 5 days and we'll finish on December 31st. The results will go up on January 1st (hopefully).

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Hahaha, as if you're gonna be sober enough for that. :wacky:

Joking aside, well done for your efforts so far, it's been smooth running and well organised. :thumbsup:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I'm thinking of using my family's beach house to celebrate the new year, forget the sober thing. Hope that I don't end up in jail. :wacky:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
^ I'm ambidextrous. ;)

Ahem, when are we cracking out the photography? There's awards for owners of pleasant body parts up for grabs still and IIRC we need a consideration thread for the nominees.

(perverts of TLS, you're welcome)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I left all of those awards for the end so there will be plenty of time for people to post pictorial evidence.

Lex

Administrator
OK folks you'll have to bear with me while I get my bearings with the awards, I'm going to have to read through the threads and work out where we are and what polls need to be put up and when (I'll post a schedule). A google sheet is probably a good idea to keep track of everything.

Ideally I'd like the awards to be announced before New Year's Eve, but we'll see how we get along with the polls.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I figured if I stayed gone long enough, I'd be a shoe-in for The Phoenix Down Award :muhaha:

...I'm still eligible for Most Missed too right?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
What fucking gives? The latest round of polls weren't visible at the weekend and now they're closed before I've had a chance to vote?! Also I nominated L for most missed and he wasn't added to the vote. This fucking blows.

Lex

Administrator
I copied directly from Carlie's list in this thread, I just checked it and he's not listed. I did ask people to double check it because I went over them and added names myself a couple of times - I got a few PM's about a couple I'd missed and some requested to be removed.

To get the awards done in a reasonable timeframe we're doing 9 at a time and leaving them open for 2-3 days before posting another batch a day later.

If people are concerned about missing nominations for future awards, please look now and make sure the names are correct. It takes enough time for me to actually post the polls along with everything else I'm doing on TLS at the moment.

We'll close and re-do the "Most Missed" award - Avec is (very kindly) handling the next round of polls.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I was under the impression they'd be up for a week and didn't see anywhere that the parameters have been changed - I can go for days without logging in but made sure I checked at the weekend and there were no new polls up. Moving the goal posts halfway through is a fucking shitty move.

Lex

Administrator
Mage why are you so angry? Carlie was de-staffed and asked me to take over the awards (and I'm doing so reluctantly because I honestly don't want to be running them when I've got so much else on my plate, but nobody else wanted to do it), she's been gone and I haven't had a lick of sentiment so far that there's a problem.

Please people, if there's a problem, say so. If I'm rushing things a bit, it's easy enough to keep the polls open for longer when they're posted - a week is excessive though, we won't get through them until like mid-January at that rate and the general consensus has been that we want to get them done before the new year.

EDIT: Also I've already opened a new version of the poll you mentioned.

Fangu

Great Old One
I was also surprised to see them closed so fast without any notice.

How about an overlap (or two)? Then we can get through the list with the regular 1 week. That being said, I don't see a problem with finishing on early January.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I don't have a problem with just leaving them open either, but, iirc the polls were up all in one go last year or a previous time and idk.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I'm not angry at all, why are you assuming that? I'm annoyed because I didn't even know Carlie was destaffed until last night. I found a problem and I vocalised my concerns, why should that equate to anger?
It's bloody annoying because from the outset we were told things would be done one way, then without any warning it was changed so I've missed out on a shitload of votes. I know it's for shits and giggles but if it's going to be done, do it properly or don't bother. If no-one else is prepared to take it on then it ought to be scrapped.

Top Bottom