• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Return of the Jed-Ite

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Hello TLS

Getting a trophy for the "Wish You Were Here" award made me realize how much of a lurker I have become. I intend to remedy this! So I suppose an re-introduction might be in order (warning tl;dr ahead. I'm a novelist after all)

In truth, the few times that I have posted I've looked back on those posts and hung my head in shame. The FF7R(?) hype train has me wracked, bumped -- because, like so many, this story touches me on a profound, profound level. With the state of the game industry (all the big sounds, sneak peaks, reactions-as-media) it's easy for me to lose the forest for the trees. I'm digging for an earth harp, and I apologize if my passion and flare for the dramatic has bummed anybody out.
I came to the OG fifteen years ago TODAY, Jan. 4th 2001. I played through at a crucial point: dealing with the death of a friend, the loss of my faith, and grappling with the villainous parts of myself. It's no surprise to me that I found FF7 a stirring piece of narrative, and unfortunately there are a few things I can't let go of: namely, 'Aeris.' And so I won't be getting FF7R1(?) until it comes out on PC and a mod can be made to mute voice acting and change her name. It's a personal preference, not a gripe about "canon." After a ten years losing battle, I no longer care about canon and hope to keep future comments about the dizzying impact of the compilation to myself.
I'm also trying to make peace with the other changes. With a forum full of devoted fans, I don't think I'm alone, nor do I think I'll be alone if I slip up. I'm willing to embrace whatever it brings... but with today's news that we'll be waiting another year for news, I don't know if I can allow myself to be teased any longer. If there's a gettin offa this hype train, I'll try. So I'll be staying away from 7R coverage for the moment...

Which means I can get to know you guys in the years to come through other fandoms! It's a rare opportunity to build a fan community years in advance for a game we know we will cherish deeply! Other things I love to get nerdy about:
  • FF4, FF5, FF6, FF8, FF9, FF12
  • Evangelion, Trigun
  • Star Wars
  • The Elder Scrolls
  • Getting stoned and watching educational television such as Cosmos and BBC Earth
  • Shakespeare
  • D&D 2e and 5e
Right now I am reading Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson and Song of the Lioness by Tamora Pierce.

I write young adult fantasy fiction as a hobby. I started with the Jenova Project and have been putting together an original novel series with a collective for some time.
I want to express my apologies for the delay in the physical printing of TJP. I'm a little torn at the moment as to whether to go through with it or wait until FF7R1 comes out. If Square-Enix has any sense of pace, FF7R1 ends at the same spot as The Jenova Project Book 1 (also, where Season 1 of Machinabridged ends). Before I commit my spin to object-permanence, should I wait to see what (most) of the original dev team does with this new storytelling opportunity? I'll focus my attentions where the community points.

*cue music*
I'm Xander, 29 year old cis male of english heritage - two generations Canadian. I live in Vancouver or Toronto depending on acting opportunities. I'm outwardly atheist but secretly believe in all sorts of nonsense like the Force and the Lifestream when it suits me.
I'm proudly polyamorous, it's been about ten years since I started considering it. The honeymoon period is definitely over, and I think that's a good thing.
I've struggled with drug use, but I've kicked the ones that threaten to destroy me. I enjoy pot and the occasional hallucinagen (taken with care, preparation, and an open mind.) I have been enslaved to drink coffee and so lengthen my working hours. #firstworldproblems
I like cats and cookie monsters.

TL;DFR - I'm back.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Welcome back good sir!

Regarding putting awards in sigs, I *think* you can just copy the trophy image and then paste it into your signature, hope that helps :monster:

Ghost X

Hola. I didn't notice you were really away. Perhaps you posted just enough to satisfy those parts of my brain that handle that stuff. I imagine it going something like this:

Formula: If ("Mr. Ite" maek poast [so often], ["Mr. Ite" is not absent])
Input: Mr. Ite maek poast.
Processing...
Output: Mr. Ite status:
☐ Absent.
☑ Not Absent.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
tumblr_n6u85387rJ1tdf97fo1_500.gif

Yay Ite, glad to have you back. I want nothing more than to encourage you to continue with your novelization, and it would help generate interest for you (and the forum if linked in any possible way) if it were released around the same time. I think people would appreciate it more. :)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
All I know about you is that you like Babylon 5, really. :monster: Hopefully I get to know you more as you post more, so welcome back and nice to meet you! :properhug:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
WB Mr. Ite!

Since we're FB friends it seems weird to say that since we talk frequently enough, but still, welcome back to the forums!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm Facebook friends with loads of people I hardly talk to. Including the OP. :monster:

Confession: I ignored this thread at first because I thought it was about Star Wars. I am not a smart man.

And I guess the title puts to rest my head-canon pronunciation of Ite as "it-eh", as if it was a Finnish word. It is actually a spoken variation on the word "itse" - oneself.

Anyway, welcome back (kinda).

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Welcome back! :)

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Flintlock said:
And I guess the title puts to rest my head-canon pronunciation of Ite as "it-eh", as if it was a Finnish word. It is actually a spoken variation on the word "itse" - oneself.
I pronounce it that way too, though mainly because it just sounded better to me, probably because it makes the name two syllables instead of one and lets me drag it out as long as I want without it sounding as awkward.

About the thread name, I really like the pun.

Last edited:
I've always pronounced it Ee-tay. At first, I thought it must be a character from an obscure anime! Now I know better, but he will always be "Eetay" to me.

Welcome back, Ite! Nice to have you frequenting the place again. How's the acting and performing going?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I was in the Ee-tay crowd for the longest time until I interviewed him on that pod I used to run where he revealed to me the glorious pun:

Mr Ite (rhymes with and sounds like when spoken fast: Mr. Right).

Though he also say Ee-tay or any other way you pronounce it is all good too. :monster:

RedFFWolf

Donator
Looks like I've been pronouncing your name correctly all this time then - I look forward to the naturally occurring friendship that will derive from this :D (let alone nearly everything you mentioned in your "Who Am I?")

Nice (re)introduction. I appreciate your feelings on "Aeris", as there is a character I have distinct but parallel sentiments about too (damn compilation...).

Hope to read some of your novel too whenever it comes to fruition ^_^ - As to whether you want to wait for the remake or not, and focus your spin on it from that perspective, I have no personal opinion on. It may depend on whether your personal preferences/pleasures cannot outweigh your desire to have it enjoyed/read by a mass readership (newer folk to FFVII may expect something closer to the remake when it comes, but perhaps some will end up appreciating more the direction you take, including FFVII "veterans") - there is, of course, that important element to consider of "if you enjoyed writing it, there's a greater chance your readers will too", but I often find, with the right writer, that this statement needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, certainly.

Anyway, glad to see ya coming to dive right back in.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Hnnnnnng muh maaaaan

:cthulhu:

Top Bottom