• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Zack has 2 different hairstyles

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
It's not even about some "bull reason." It's quite simply that he had a different haircut when he was younger. Have you had the same haircut your entire life?

But for the second half of the game through the end, he has the haircut you like, so what's the issue?

Not only that it's not just a different style of hair its literally just longer hair.

Whoa guys let me get this straight.

When Zack was younger his hair was shorter... and when he got older and didn't cut it... his hair got longer?

No fricking way guys.

Sofen

Banned
It's not even about some "bull reason." It's quite simply that he had a different haircut when he was younger. Have you had the same haircut your entire life?

But for the second half of the game through the end, he has the haircut you like, so what's the issue?
No. But the hairstyle is just awful and smells Nomura. That Dragon ball style haircut was kicking awesome!!!

Emos would like it but thats the point. Everything Nomura touches... boom!!!

Like i wouldn't mind so much if it wasnt for it being worse OwO. Making it MORE INTENSE LIKE SPIKIER!!!! Rage MODE!

Just to more or less choose a nice option : 3

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Wait it's objective fact that haircut is "awful and smells Nomura"...... What?!

Thats your opinion and almost everyone disagrees with you.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I also hate to inform you that Nomura drew that "kicking awesome Dragon ball style haircut."

Which, again, he has by the second half of Crisis Core anyway

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
what is even happening in this thread

I'm still wondering how the FF7 hair makes Zack look German? if you could elaborate on that it would be great

I smell a troll

Sofen

Banned
I also hate to inform you that Nomura drew that "kicking awesome Dragon ball style haircut."

You mean the original art. This you mean
515340-17_zack.jpg

Kinda misleading. Because i thought you ment he was hired to draw DBZ characters.

Well the thing is under Sakaguchi guidance of wisdom, something good came out of it. That doesn't mean he is a genius by that on its own! FF9 for example worked perfectly without that much bizarro stuff later in Nomura's vision OwO... I don't get the idea of recked. Kind of an insecure statement to write.

Sofen

Banned
I don't get the idea of recked. Kind of an insecure statement to write.

Good thing I wrote wrecked then :monster:

That's correct. But i usually imagined something like this :huh:
I mean wrecked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ806sEGIGM

Edit:Here is more wrecked info for all the die hard fans lol

While working Final Fantasy VII's style, Nomura was supervised by Hironobu Sakaguchi (main creator of the series).
Source: http://www.ign.com/blogs/mortero056/2013/05/27/tetsuya-nomura-designer-of-final-fantasy-is-a-joke

XD

Last edited:

Sofen

Banned

You mean the original art. This you mean
515340-17_zack.jpg

Yeah...which is right
zack_by_dimension_dino-d99gkc2.png

And here
389971-zackccpspwp.png

And here
latest

All they did was give him a different haircut when he was 7 years younger. What is your major malfunction here?

It would've been shit if Sakaguchi hasn't directed him. That's why i said Nomura alone is total barf in comparison : 3. As i quoted here.

While working Final Fantasy VII's style, Nomura was supervised by Hironobu Sakaguchi (main creator of the series).
Source: http://www.ign.com/blogs/mortero056/...tasy-is-a-joke

You should honestly read what i write before coming to that conclusion hehe. Not meaning to make you look bad or anything. But it makes it seem ignorant in some cases :glomp:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Just here to point out that the "original pic" that Sofen is using is from Ehrgeiz.

What a day, what a lovely day! :monster:

Sofen

Banned
lol, it totally is. Nice catch :P I wonder how much supervision Sakaguchi had over Ehrgeiz.
You guys are picking a strawman argument here. Its pretty obvious by the looks of it that its what Sakaguchi kinda was ok with.
latest

2401200-zack-ffvii-sword.png

Now imagine how it would be if Nomura did FF7 all alone. It would be this OwO.
sofaMorning2.jpg

All 100% true. With maybe some extra zippers. But generally yeah.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
Isn't this one the 'original' art of Zack?

Which I'm pretty sure Nomura drew. Wasn't Zack kind of a last minute character, as well? I think I remember reading something about how that's why his sketch has no color, or some shit

edit: nvm fuck this thread

Sofen

Banned
Isn't this one the 'original' art of Zack?

Which I'm pretty sure Nomura drew. Wasn't Zack kind of a last minute character, as well? I think I remember reading something about how that's why his sketch has no color, or some shit

edit: nvm fuck this thread

Yes but under Sakaguchi's supervision so that it wouldn't be too sappy or overly bad, to make it interesting more or less, thats why Sakaguchi is the king!. He hadn't left final fantasy til after 7, except 9 which he worked on. Basically the last game which he liked the most before leaving forever, the rest is all Kitase + Nomura til 10 i believe. Then Nomura kinda went with his vision and bam you get Kingdom Hearts really hamming it in!. More or less.

Top Bottom