• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XII

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
10 facts about FFXII

Trigger Warning: mentions of a certain composer/conductor

Oh stahp it you! :awesome:

I knew everything except for the scene with Penelo being cut from the Japanese version, and the original name for IZJS being FFXII: Annex.

But awesome article Tennyo, thanks for linking it!

Also liked :monster:

You're awesome Lex, thank you! :properhug:

Thinking about doing a stream of FFXII one day, although I have no idea how to even get started with that of type of thing. :faint:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Speaking of a re-master of XII to the PS4, I read somewhere that we may get it during the summer.

That would be pretty cool, and I know I would pick it up for sure.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
omg don't get our hopes up

dead2.gif

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
^Just looking up on google XII Remaster in 2016 shows you that people are hoping it could be announced this year.

Also now that I've looked it up, it has been 10 years and 2 days now since the game came out. So maybe for a 10th anniversary edition?

Edit- I know Lith said the same thing that bumped this thread, but a lot has happened in the two days that she posted that.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Speaking of a re-master of XII to the PS4, I read somewhere that we may get it during the summer.

That would be pretty cool, and I know I would pick it up for sure.

omg don't get our hopes up

dead2.gif

kendrick-lamar-reaction-meme-14.jpg

My heart can't take much more of this. Even just putting the game on the PSN would be a treat.

And I read somewhere on Twitter in the past few days that supposedly Hitoshi Sakimoto confirmed that it's in dev, but we all remember what happened the last time a composer spoke out of turn. >_>

I will keep my hopes up regardless, but until it's officially announced from Square, I must safeguard my heart from this torment.

tumblr_inline_o3eec3Sl2l1t3uozi_500.gif

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i might end up trying to emulate it because i don't have patience for square's shenanigans and messing with my emotions :sadpanda:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Just emulate it, there's your HD remaster right there :monster:

I literally just did this last night. I just need to figure out how to set up the controls.(This doesn't kill in anyway my purchase of a remaster on the PS4).

Fangu

Great Old One
Just emulate it, there's your HD remaster right there :monster:

I literally just did this last night. I just need to figure out how to set up the controls.(This doesn't kill in anyway my purchase of a remaster on the PS4).
Yeah, same. I'd be all over a PS4 Remaster if there was one, I mean, of course. I even have a PS4 now :monster:

I use my PS3 controller for the emulator, got my desktop right next to the TV so it's as if I was playing on console.

@lith, buying an XBOX controller is probably the easiest way of 'faking' a console experience. Put your legs up high and pretend your monitor is a TV :monster:

I mean
tumblr_ne0wug3Keq1siiz3so2_1280.png

tumblr_n3omdxlP3i1siiz3so1_1280.png

tumblr_n3iv9eneWh1siiz3so1_1280.png

tumblr_n0q8ypv11c1siiz3so2_1280.png

It's the ultimate XII gasm

(By the way, image above: From top to bottom: Longsword, Iron Sword, another Longsword.)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Four-way Final Fantasy XII race between zer0skar_I, Roostalol, LetsGetPitted and sk84uhlivin:

I haven't watched it yet, but I will.

Fangu

Great Old One
They'll probably mention it at some point, but zer0 runs on PAL, whereas the others have the NTSC... okay Freddeh mentions it at like 1:50 hahaha

Commentators are Freddeh and Aleck47 btw

Last edited:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Wow, that looks badass! So four people are doing a speedrun of XII at the same time. I'd watch it if I weren't pressed for time at the moment.

And Fangu, those HD screenshots of your never fail to make my mouth water.

:megusta:

Edit:

I'm sharing that speedrun on my page btw. Thanks for linking it Flint!

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I would happily trade the FFVII Remake for a HD remaster of this game. Not that the two are mutually exclusive or anything but there's only one winner on my hype-o-meter. I need an excuse to play this game all over again.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
XII was really released 10 years ago? I feel old. :closedmonster:
I would happily trade the FFVII Remake for a HD remaster of this game.

I agree. I think the FFVII remake will suck, I don't want it too but I think it will.
With a FFXII remaster at least you know it'll be good.

Kudo

時間GOD
AKA
Moona, Yuuxi/Yuuki
10 years of FFXII. It's funny because I never really realize how old I've gotten until I look back at my childhood games and see how much they've aged.

I remember rushing home from school just to grind this game for hours. Feels like yesterday honestly.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
I've started my first playthough a week ago, love the game so far. I think Lith is currently replaying it on her PS2.

Top Bottom