Aerith or Aeris?

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Aerith for me, it slips off the tongue a lot easier.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I still call her Aeris. Sometimes I catch myself and correct it to Aerith when I'm posting, but srsly, she will always be Aeris to me. Just like Sephiroth will always be "Sepy-roth". :monster:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Well to be fair that choir sample sounded like shit on the PS1, but our little minds were blown by it at the time.

Ghost X

Forget the Aeris / Aerith debate (if there is one :awesome:)...

What about the Cloud / Kuraudo debate? :wacky:. I'm totally for the latter pronunciation.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'd love more date options at the Golden Saucer, the whole crew preferably.

If they added in a date option for every playable character, that would be awesome. Imagine all the hours you'd spend trying to get to see all those scenes...

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Aerith just looks prettier. I mean, I accidentally typed Aeroth and it autocorrected to Aerith, so it's even recognized by iPhones. :monster:

(Disclaimer: I may or may not have added it to the dictionary )

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I just thought of something...if she used her father's name it would be Aeris Faremis...which is catchy. :monster:

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
I hit the thanks button immediately because the sound of that delighted me, but then i realized, ain't Feremis his first name?

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
Wow, really. I thought Feremis Gast had a nice ring to it, Gast Feremis sounds awful.

But at least that means Aeris Feremis is legit.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It's gonna be Aerith. They've consistently called her Aerith in everything except the OG, and that was more due to programming issues than translation.

She's Aerith now and forever. Whatever you like better, she's Aerith.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I think you might be in the wrong thread Ryu. Most people rolled their eyes at the thread title and moved along.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I think you might be in the wrong thread Ryu. Most people rolled their eyes at the thread title and moved along.

Which is how it got to as many pages as it did, eh?

Unnamed, how can it be both in the remake?

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
I have always preferred Aeris, because I think it sounds better and was the default name when I first played it. That said, I have accepted the fact that it is Aerith now.

Db 14

Lv. 1 Adventurer
-SNIP POINTLESS IMAGE WITH NO ACTUAL CONTENT-

ITH AERITH? Ive been thaying it wrong the whole time!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Aeris was a mistake in the original game, as her real name is Aerith, which I pretty much prefer. To me, Aerith sounds much nicer and it suits her better.

Hope they'll stick to Aerith in the Remake.

Top Bottom